AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 2 3.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-21, 13:26   Link #21
vic-vic

Well, I don't find the changes in Edellrittio's personality forced at all - don't forget, she lived with Slain on this Moon Base for 19 months!! There was plenty of time to create a strong bonds
Old 2015-03-21, 13:29   Link #22
endarion88

well at this point..i start to think that the only thing i will keep of this anime is the ost..
Old 2015-03-21, 13:31   Link #23
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Though I have say good job klain(Haruto). While in VVV you picked the wrong girl at least this time you got rid of Asseylum for Yuki!

Yuki x Inaho forever and 4lyfe.
Old 2015-03-21, 13:32   Link #24
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Gave up on Slaine is the most logical decision ever. Accepting the genocide maniac like Slaine is the most illogical act.
Slaine's doing all sort of questionable shit, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's irredeemable. The princess thinks he's a lost cause but she actually gave up on him even before she tried to talk him out of it. She didn't truly try to understand him and reach out to him then.

The loli might be out of character, and I have no clue what Aldnoah has in store for the last episode, nor do I care, to be honest. But in my mind, the empathy she's showing here is the true key to stop violent conflicts, especially conflicts like this one which is all about some kid's emotions going wild, not about serious stuff like politics and whatnot.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2015-03-21 at 13:42.
Old 2015-03-21, 13:37   Link #25
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Oh, look. I was right. The Emperor wanted to conquer Earth regardless of what anyone, including his own granddaughter thought.
maybe you don't catch the part that he's senile and belive, talking with asseylum, that the terrans killed her granddaughter Asseylum, so rant and rave
that's why Assyelum proclame herself as an empress

on the various shipping and ntr stuff we will see at the end, maybe there is a reason like having a count on her side like crutheo, member of the 37 orbital kinght, will legitimate her and having more grip on the orbital knights.

since we don't know who will die in the end, if someone die, could be Inaoh (funny when he talk about death flags with Yuki nee), slaine or even Klaincain no reason to be angry about the shipping

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-03-21 at 14:04.
Old 2015-03-21, 13:43   Link #26
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

If I can not have, no one will.
Final boss.
the scene cuts to Inaho.
I've seen such a scene in other anime.
Old 2015-03-21, 13:45   Link #27
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Slaine's doing all sort of questionable shit, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's irredeemable. The princess thinks he's a lost cause but she actually gave up on him even before she tried to talk him out of it. She didn't truly try to understand him and reach out to him then.
Why should Asseylum be going out of her way to try and redeem Slaine?

He conspired to steal her identity and ruin her good name. From my perspective, she's already being quite lenient on him, seeing as she didn't shoot him on sight after hearing what he did.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2015-03-21, 13:46   Link #28
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post

If I can not have, no one will.
Final boss.
the scene cuts to Inaho.
I've seen such a scene in other anime.
will he change his target from inaho to klancain now? well let's look at the good side, since the whole serie is a ntr now, that means the ntr doujinshi will give both inaho ans slain fans what they wanted lol reverse ntr
Old 2015-03-21, 13:51   Link #29
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
will he change his target from inaho to klancain now? well let's look at the good side, since the whole serie is a ntr now, that means the ntr doujinshi will give both inaho ans slain fans what they wanted lol reverse ntr
Not because he thinks that guilt, all this is Inaho. As in episode 12, he shot Inaho, thinking that all that had happened was the fault of Inaho.
He thinks the princess, and plans were destroyed because of Inaho.
If not he would divide the knights in two groups one for persegir the princess, and another to defend the base, he chooses to destroy the earth, that Inaho does not have a place to come back, so the scene cuts to Inaho.
He is the kind of person who does the wrong things, and simply lay the blame on other people.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:04   Link #30
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
maybe you don't catch the part that he's senile and belive, talking with asseylum, that the terrans killed her granddaughter Asseylum rant and rave
that's why Assyelum proclame herself as an empress

on the various shipping and ntr stuff we will see at the end, maybe there is a reason.
He's still the absolute ruler of a civilization with super technology who can start/stop wars at a whim. Him, the Counts and Asseylum are symptoms of the sickness of Versian society. What happens when Asseylum dies? Will her successor or even her husband, Klankain, be as sympathetic to peace? Will Eddelrittuo return to being nothing more than a servant girl? What happens to lowborn Martians liked Harklight?

The whole premise of this series. Vers started a war 15 years ago and then started another war 15 years later over the death of one girl shows how dysfunctional the whole of Versian society is.

Asseylum wants a fragile peace and keeping the status quo on Vers.

"A bad peace is even worse than war." - Tacitus

What if the Emperor intervenes and announces his own successor through live broadcast? He technically announced an edict to continue attacking and conquering the Earth. What happens in the Versian society when are two conflicting edicts?

They have not even announced the Emperor's death yet. Why should the Knights listen to what Asseylum says?
Old 2015-03-21, 14:05   Link #31
benzs129

Don't get this..

This make no sense to me anyone care to explain?
Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-21, 14:09   Link #32
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so many of you have missed the point. it makes me wonder if you guys actually watched said episode. and the misuse of the term NTR is also kind of funny. If you'd like, i can point you to real NTR and we'll see if you ever misuse it again..

things people have missed because they're jumping on irrelevant things:
1. this marriage is political (did you miss the part where she asked to use his rank and connections?)
2. the emperor was mostly senile. the only thing he said that Asseylum took at full value was Aldnoah was a great power and needed to be used carefully and nurtured, and become a fine princess and lead versean people to happiness. this was reflected in her speech at the end "i feel both shame and deep regret over our use of power that was not meant for us." aldnoah activation privileges created the caste system, whereas it should have been available to everyone.
3. inaho's eye is capable of lying. this will probably play a role in next week's ep, and "my eye says we'll all come back"
4. pretty clear now that Slaine is the antagonist of the show. the "for" and "against" sides are pretty clearly drawn now. he's only redeemable in death now, since he's lost sight of his original goal.
5. both he and inaho are goal oriented. both are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it. except Slaine's goals have been perverted and twisted, planting him firmly into the antagonist side of things.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:12   Link #33
Narumi
*Fansubber

Quote:
that means the ntr doujinshi will give both inaho ans slain fans what they wanted lol reverse ntr
Can't we just all have a happy ending?

Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-21, 14:14   Link #34
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Though I have say good job klain(Haruto). While in VVV you picked the wrong girl at least this time you got rid of Asseylum for Yuki!

Yuki x Inaho forever and 4lyfe.
You know Inko have to be delt with too I like Rayet out of all the girls beside Yuki aka Erza Scarlet VA.;-)
Old 2015-03-21, 14:16   Link #35
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Why should Asseylum be going out of her way to try and redeem Slaine?
Because he's supposed to be her friend, someone pretty close to her. If she doesn't think that's enough not to give up on him, that's her problem. But I stand by my opinion that it shows a clear lack of empathy from her part. They deliberately made the loli said what she said to highlight this point; someone believes he's not an irredeemable monster yet, and ironically, it's not the person who is supposed to be his friend.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:16   Link #36
XFire
150% done

Heh, the marriage caught me off guard. It makes sense, I just wasn't expecting them to torpedo both of the main ships at once like that.

inb4 Slaine and Inaho both completely throw the war and go drink their sorrows away at some interstellar bar.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:17   Link #37
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so many of you have missed the point. it makes me wonder if you guys actually watched said episode. and the misuse of the term NTR is also kind of funny. If you'd like, i can point you to real NTR and we'll see if you ever misuse it again..

things people have missed because they're jumping on irrelevant things:
1. this marriage is political (did you miss the part where she asked to use his rank and connections?)
2. the emperor was mostly senile. the only thing he said that Asseylum took at full value was Aldnoah was a great power and needed to be used carefully and nurtured, and become a fine princess and lead versean people to happiness. this was reflected in her speech at the end "i feel both shame and deep regret over our use of power that was not meant for us." aldnoah activation privileges created the caste system, whereas it should have been available to everyone.
3. inaho's eye is capable of lying. this will probably play a role in next week's ep, and "my eye says we'll all come back"
4. pretty clear now that Slaine is the antagonist of the show. the "for" and "against" sides are pretty clearly drawn now. he's only redeemable in death now, since he's lost sight of his original goal.
5. both he and inaho are goal oriented. both are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve it. except Slaine's goals have been perverted and twisted, planting him firmly into the antagonist side of things.
political marriage or not is still a marriage so both inaho and slaine got fucked romance wise, she can't just divorce 2 hours later for the heck of it...unless they pull out inaho loved inko
Old 2015-03-21, 14:24   Link #38
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
political marriage or not is still a marriage so both inaho and slaine got fucked romance wise...unless they pull out inaho loved inko
no, it really doesn't.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2015-03-21, 14:24   Link #39
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

meh, I'm more concerned about the new boy getting the princess instead of inaho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narumi View Post
Can't we just all have a happy ending?

Spoiler:
Well, we all know what the REAL happy ending looks like

Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-21, 14:25   Link #40
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzs129 View Post
This make no sense to me anyone care to explain?
Spoiler:
you miss some points

when Asseylum talk with Crutheo about calling a ceasefire

Quote:
Asseylum: I must do something to put an end to this war.I will address all of the Orbital Knights.
Crutheo: With all due respect, that alone may not suffice.
Asseylum: Why?!
Crutheo: From the very beginning, the Orbital Knights have desired to fight Earth and occupy it. Count Troyard has given them a pardon to do just that in the form of a royal decree. He has unified them with guarantees of status in the new kingdom and Aldnoah activation privileges. Princess Asseylum, it was his betrothal to you that clinched it. If you simply call for an end to hostilities, you will only lose their trust. As long as your younger sister is at his side, pretending to be you.
So asseylum can't call simply for a ceasefire but she need to have a grip on the orbital knights to stop them.

thats why she said in the end
Quote:
I hereby succeed the previous emperor, Rayregalia Vers Rayvers, and name myself Empress of the Vers Empire. I also take Count Cruhteo, member of the Orbital Knights' 37 Clans, to be my husband.We, the imperial family of the Vers Empire, wish to make peace with Earth!
she highlights that Crutheo is one of the Orbital Knights: So the marriage is just political, what she really cares is to stop the war.
Closed Thread