AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 69 48.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 37.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 10.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.10%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.40%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.70%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-14, 16:12   Link #181
Vegard Aune

I'm just wondering, the part where Konata calls Kagami "Kyou-chan", was that in the manga too? Because KyoAni has made references to stuff they haven't made yet in the past, and I find it so incredibly ironic that she used that exact nickname, considering how there is a character in Clannad called Kyou, who just happens to look, sound and behave almost exactly like Kagami, and I have a hard time thinking that this wasn't done on purpose...
Old 2008-11-14, 18:57   Link #182
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

It's not a reference to CLANNAD, it's another way to spell "mirror, strong and evil"

. .
Old 2008-11-15, 04:08   Link #183
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
It's not a reference to CLANNAD, it's another way to spell "mirror, strong and evil"

. .
Yes, it's kinda impossible to not catch that, but the incredible irony of it all still makes me wonder whether they actually thought of Clannad while writing the scene or something. Unless it was actually in the manga, in which case, it's probably just a huge coincidence.
Old 2009-01-11, 11:46   Link #184
motaku96
もたく

Ummm....sorry for being so late on this but I'm watching Clannad right now and I must say that it must've been a reference to Clannad. The similarities between the Fujibayashi twins and the Hiiragi twins is shocking(at first). Not only are their personalities the same, but if you look at the shape of their eyes, those are the same too, not to mention their hair are pretty similar. After watching like two episodes of Clannad, it occured to me that it must have been a reference in Lucky Star. Based on appearances and personality, I'd go so far as to say that they had been setting up for that joke right from the start. They probably just couldn't resist.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, last time I checked, Clannad is made by Kyoto Animations.

Last edited by motaku96; 2009-01-20 at 00:52.
Old 2009-01-11, 12:01   Link #185
Amray

More cute scenes with Tsukasa with regards to her mobile phone and her trying to use it, and therefore things for this episode could not get more perfect. The scene where she is texting her sister was one of the most heart-warming scenes that I have ever seen from any programme!

Another plus point to her and her phone is her ringtone, which I believe is Pachebel's Canon in D, a song in which I adore. Tsukasa is such a heroine for me.
Old 2009-01-11, 20:27   Link #186
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motaku96 View Post
Ummm....sorry for being so late on this but I'm watching Clannad right now and I must say that it must've been a reference to Clannad. The similarities between the Fujibayashi twins and the Hiiragi twins is shocking(at first). Not only are their personalities the same, but if you look at the shape of their eyes, those are the same too, not to mention their hair are pretty similar. After watching like two episodes of Clannad, it occured to me that it must have been a reference in Lucky Star. Based on appearances and personality, I'd go so far as to say that they had been setting up for that joke right from the start. They probably just couldn't resist.
Cute, innocent girls and physically identical yet personally different twins are common anime/manga archetypes. Clannad the anime is faithfully adapted from Clannad the visual novel released 3 years before the Lucky*Star anime. Kyoto Animation copied personalities faithfully from both series.

Trust me, KA doesn't think that far ahead. ^_^;;
Old 2009-01-20, 01:01   Link #187
motaku96
もたく

Quote:
Cute, innocent girls and physically identical yet personally different twins are common anime/manga archetypes. Clannad the anime is faithfully adapted from Clannad the visual novel released 3 years before the Lucky*Star anime. Kyoto Animation copied personalities faithfully from both series.

Trust me, KA doesn't think that far ahead. ^_^;;
Okay, maybe they haven't been planning it from the beginning. But I doubt the writer/director or whoever handles that stuff would pass up an opportunity to make a reference when writing the episode. When writing the script they could've found the pun that works perfectly with the reference. Oh and I made a slight edit in my previous post. Just mentioned that Clannad is made by KyoAni and you know how they love referencing their own stuff(and other stuff too). Basically I'm just saying it was an intentional reference, not pure coincidence.
Old 2009-02-21, 14:01   Link #188
Nerroth
NePoi!

I just caught some of the dub - and they kept the Fate/Stay Night reference...

...albeit barely.

(You can hear him say 'Sakura' and 'Tohsaka'... just about... but I can't make out the rest.)
Old 2009-05-27, 10:02   Link #189
OkamiNoKaze

Vol 5. of Haruhi, this takes on a different meaning in America, we only have a 4 disc series.
Closed Thread