AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-08, 05:39   Link #21
DracoS

Anyone else remember the kids magazine and cartoon "how my body works?" when watching this?
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 05:46   Link #22
Jaden

I loved those French educational cartoons as a kid...I see, this is what it looks like as an anime.

The problem with all these cute anthropomorphized cells is that they're rather disposable. The janitors should be disassembled a day after their migration. Platelets are recycled on a weekly basis. Even RBC-chan will be an old lady in a few months...
Old 2018-07-08, 07:59   Link #23
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can never look at Anti-platelets the same ever again...
The thought that you have tiny lolis running around in your body is a weird one indeed. Still hilarious and adorable to the max.^^
Old 2018-07-08, 10:02   Link #24
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I loved those French educational cartoons as a kid...I see, this is what it looks like as an anime.
I kept thinking of once upon a time... life as well, the anime is a bit more abstract compared to the French cartoon.
Old 2018-07-08, 14:09   Link #25
rladls2121

Ozzy & Drix?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 14:33   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This will be good fun. You can at times be technical about certain things, but at other times just fool around with it.

And that was a good first episode. Red Blood Cell girl was adorable and yet had moments where she did the best she could. Can totally relate to not having a great sense of direction. Be a nightmare trying to navigate where she's working .

Holy smokes the white blood cells are a hard core group . They don't mess around. Contrasting the utter adorableness of the loli cells. Can't get any work done with unloading boxes so much larger than themselves .
Old 2018-07-08, 14:58   Link #27
James Rye

I had no idea this had a manga! Time to read all translated chapters so far and hope there's no cancer like in Once upon a time...Life! That made me so sad as a kid watching that episode. And then years later my little bro got leukemia, thankfully a rare version for which they got medicine for to keep under control. But it was real close on that saturday night...
Old 2018-07-08, 15:06   Link #28
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hahahah I love this. It's like Once Upon a Time: Life, except it's a slice of life show about blue collar workers.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 15:08   Link #29
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

After watching the first episode, it looks like a good adaption of the manga.

Last edited by monir; 2018-07-08 at 15:37.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 15:38   Link #30
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Those white blood cells don't play around.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 17:02   Link #31
Itlandm
Porcupine

Soon, in a school class near you:
"Which are the main types of blood cells?"
"Red blood cells, white blood cells... and lolis!"
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 19:38   Link #32
James Rye

Does this have 12 or 24 episodes? I hope 24, that would be awesome given all the stuff in the manga we have yet to see animated. <3

Alright, found out it only got 13, ah well.

Also found out it got lots of spin-offs like the "civil war" between the good and bad bacteria in the guts or young teen red blood cells who don't wanna work or my fav, BLACK, a spin-off that is about an unhealthy body where we actually see bacteria ripping red blood cells apart. In return that body has white blood cells with big boobs who fight with half their shirt off. xD

Last edited by James Rye; 2018-07-09 at 08:35.
James Rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 22:06   Link #33
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Some oddly specific but hilariously on point observations:

1. She's probably fresh out of the bone marrow if she doesn't really know neutrophils and their brothers.

2. She couldn't go into the gate labelled "Ven" going into the lungs most likely because it means "Vein" and that was a pulmonary vein.

3. Typically that capsule would be encasing the bacteria rather than netting surrounding cells as it prevents bacteria from being captured and phagocytosed. So if we were being anally accurate, he should gone into stealth mode.

4. He is technically correct that Pneumococcus causes all of that, you'd have to be REALLY immunocompromised to have intractable sepsis in 24 hours.

By the end that epic showdown between Neutrophil and S.pneumoniae, we should all be glad that our own RBCs aren't screw ups like her, or we'd all be dead. In any normal scenario I'd be shipping Neutrophil-senpai with Erythrocyte-chan, but then I remember that most granulocytes are dead by 3 weeks.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 22:50   Link #34
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
3. Typically that capsule would be encasing the bacteria rather than netting surrounding cells as it prevents bacteria from being captured and phagocytosed. So if we were being anally accurate, he should gone into stealth mode.
Well, he did go into stealth mode. He entered a box ala Snake.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 13:42   Link #35
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Some oddly specific but hilariously on point observations:

1. She's probably fresh out of the bone marrow if she doesn't really know neutrophils and their brothers.

2. She couldn't go into the gate labelled "Ven" going into the lungs most likely because it means "Vein" and that was a pulmonary vein.

4. He is technically correct that Pneumococcus causes all of that, you'd have to be REALLY immunocompromised to have intractable sepsis in 24 hours.

By the end that epic showdown between Neutrophil and S.pneumoniae, we should all be glad that our own RBCs aren't screw ups like her, or we'd all be dead. In any normal scenario I'd be shipping Neutrophil-senpai with Erythrocyte-chan, but then I remember that most granulocytes are dead by 3 weeks.
When I first saw screen shot of Pneumo's capsule I thought it had been trapped by NETs (neutrophil extracellular traps). But hiding in a box is sort of a capsule, right? I mean, both a paper box and a capsule are made of sugar molecules...
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 12:08   Link #36
James Rye

Come to think of it: Don't red blood cells live like 120 days whereas white blood cells around 5-10 days as a Neutrophil? So our cute and clumsy red cell will outlives out cool and psychotic white cell by several days? Or is there "cell time" a little different aka they don't mess time within minutes or days but in heartbeats? Though that would be unreliable if the heart beats faster if pumped full of adrenaline or slowly due sleeping.
Old 2018-07-11, 13:55   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Which was the type of blood cell that eats bacteria and then dies?
Old 2018-07-11, 19:30   Link #38
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Which was the type of blood cell that eats bacteria and then dies?
White Blood Cells? Or do you mean the type of White Cell?
Old 2018-07-12, 01:08   Link #39
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

- I didn't expect the Infection Wars to be depicted so bloodily. Ironic for a show that mostly takes place in blood vessels...
- that Red Blood Cell really has me worried. Are mine OK? Do they know their way around?
- the Platelets are so, so cute.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-12, 04:05   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
White Blood Cells? Or do you mean the type of White Cell?
I only know some elementary biology, but there's the type that releases an antigen that's specifically designed to kill what they're trying to kill, and another type that just kind of... suffocates bacteria by wrapping itself around it? It's less efficient but doesn't require its attacks to be "super effective" to work.

Tags
action comedy, biology