AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-03-18, 22:01   Link #461
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I really shouldn't spend any money until I have a job, but with Cold Steel being on Easter sales at PSN for €25 (about 10 Euros cheaper), it's well worth it for me . Even though I'm replaying Zero no Kiseki and get reminded how Crossbell and the SSS is the laughing stock for their respective reasons. Quite harsh considering the normal, down to earth beginnings of FC + CS imho .
Wait how is CS down to earth... you're like attending the most prestigious military academy in Erebonia...
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-19, 02:12   Link #462
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringil View Post
Wait how is CS down to earth... you're like attending the most prestigious military academy in Erebonia...
True, but outside of Patrick and the internal differences between Class VII members, Class VII didn't earn too much of negative reactions early in the game from what I remember. That's what I meant with down to earth as Erebonia is obviously dealing with its own issues (nationwide and the main trouble in each town during the field exercises).
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-07, 08:56   Link #463
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Double post because I finally took enough time to play CS1 over the past few weeks for varying intensive hours. Day 3 of Chapter 4. Maybe because I always used to play on Easy but I found myself dying in the earlier parts quite a few times with one game over on Normal.

I like the VA work overall. Gideon's voice is quite cool with its deep tone, yet <<C>>rows modified voice sounds at times quite funny during some voice pitches. As a forgettable nitpicking I prefer the original "Sha..Sha..Sha...SHARON!?" to "Sh..SHARON!?" It's a bit cuter .

Anyway, Sharon is as awesome as ever, Alfin's teasing is fun and if this were a VN, you'd totally have the choice to pat Elise's head* or hug her during her surprise visit which would have made her totally melt, and the choice to "accept" Alfin's invitation (even if it's just see everyone freaking out *lol*). The brocon siscon reunion was as expected.
*to be honest, I was kinda with Rean and didn't quite understand why patting her was such a "big" deal outside of Elise of course. I guess doing it in public when she's not a little kid anymore is embarrasing (to watch and for her)? It's at least not something I've experienced with my older sis or heard/seen from friends here in Germany.

That reminds me that I still have an unfinished CSII save short before the the very last dungeon I blame my bad habit to quit playing once the end is near for that!
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 09:32   Link #464
The Green One

It was more of Rean being dense as a brick about Elise's not so sisterly affections for him. She gets annoyed with him treating her like a little girl from the head rubs but doesn't want to give up the intimacy of his physical affections from the head rub because she wants more than that from him, so she calls him insensitive when he "doesn't get it." Alisa gets exasperated because Elise is rather....obvious with her desires and everyone except Rean understands it easily.
Old 2016-04-24, 11:07   Link #465
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Cold Steel 2 is up for pre-order and advertising August 31st as the release date on Amazon.ca. Based on my previous experience with Xseed games, that probably means it's been up on the .com for a while now

EDIT: Amazon.com is saying September 6th, while .ca is still saying Aug 31st. Perhaps the exact date is still a moving target, but that gives us some idea at least.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 17:15   Link #466
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Cold Steel 2 is up for pre-order and advertising August 31st as the release date on Amazon.ca. Based on my previous experience with Xseed games, that probably means it's been up on the .com for a while now

EDIT: Amazon.com is saying September 6th, while .ca is still saying Aug 31st. Perhaps the exact date is still a moving target, but that gives us some idea at least.
It has been up since March, and it's a placeholder date.
Old 2016-08-14, 03:12   Link #467
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Still no announcement on the exact date? Metacritic says September 6 but there seems to be no concrete news on the real street date. I'm trying to clear TiTS SC before ToCSII.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 22:20   Link #468
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Still no announcement on the exact date? Metacritic says September 6 but there seems to be no concrete news on the real street date. I'm trying to clear TiTS SC before ToCSII.
I think they said Fall 2016 to make sure they don't disappoint us by failing to deliver on the correct day.
Old 2016-08-15, 08:53   Link #469
The Green One

It's still unclear. September 6th is still considered to be a placeholder as they're holding the release date close to their chest as they're still working on QA. They say they can't give a date until they're sure. As much as I hate waiting, I still want them to take the time they need to properly finish. How many games have you played recently that were clearly rushed out and have game breaking bugs from day 1 that are painfully obvious from playing the game normally? Unfortunately I've been saving my last two vacation days for work this year for when the game comes out and I have to reserve the days two weeks in advance to get them, so I have to hope the date is released while there's still time to claim the days.
Old 2016-08-16, 15:26   Link #470
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/legend-he...-north-america

Date confirmed.
Old 2016-08-16, 15:29   Link #471
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
OMG! Ooh boy OMG I can't wait anymore! Hope my PO arrived ASAP
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 15:45   Link #472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well, that would fill up the gap in September for sure.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 15:53   Link #473
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

great job releasing games at the first day of university term
i'm studying overseas go home only once every 9 months
see you in 9 months
Old 2016-08-16, 22:19   Link #474
The Green One

Awesome to hear it! Time to schedule those days off so I can marathon it.
Old 2016-08-16, 23:27   Link #475
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I'm getting it digital so it's all good.
Old 2016-08-20, 09:59   Link #476
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay I have an odd question.

I have a clear save for all 5 potential 5 waifus because why the fuck not. My problem is that it was all the way back in January and I cannot remember which save file was with which character. Is there a way to check who you brought to the dance and helped you up in the ending?
Old 2016-08-20, 10:20   Link #477
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Not that I'm aware of, beyond loading up before the last fight and seeing who gets the scene.

That's a good question though. I think I did something similar. Might have to load up a transfer when TOCS2 hits and play a little game of Schrodinger's waifu. Play it like Rean got blackout drunk on the last night of the festival.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-21, 06:17   Link #478
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Okay I have an odd question.

I have a clear save for all 5 potential 5 waifus because why the fuck not. My problem is that it was all the way back in January and I cannot remember which save file was with which character. Is there a way to check who you brought to the dance and helped you up in the ending?
Only 5 waifus?
Old 2016-08-21, 07:52   Link #479
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't have an ending for Touwa. I kinda screwed up somewhere and didn't have enough for her.
Old 2016-08-23, 11:00   Link #480
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Drama cd translation of CS 1 (Ymir, before Final Chapter) and CS 2

Also teaser for Cold Steel 3
Spoiler:
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria