AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-28, 00:25   Link #4321
xellos2099

The thing is, even when Ryuu is on black list and had a bounty, the guild didn't bother to actively seek her out based on her side story novel. They did have a bounty out but they left out a tons of information about her. The thing is, does she deserved to be taken off the blacklist. She did kill a lot of people, even those who might not have connection to black familiar.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 03:42   Link #4322
Tachibana
タチバナ

Who were the unrelated people that Ryu killed?
Old 2017-05-28, 04:14   Link #4323
Windsgrace

Does it matter? All of them are dead. (I am pretty sure at least. I have checked) Perhaps the god recruited new members to avenge the old? Or maybe a member survived in secret. I can only see those to points being relevant, plot wise atm.
Old 2017-05-28, 06:47   Link #4324
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsgrace View Post
Does it matter? All of them are dead. (I am pretty sure at least. I have checked) Perhaps the god recruited new members to avenge the old? Or maybe a member survived in secret. I can only see those to points being relevant, plot wise atm.
It was just out of curiosity. I don't really care that Ryu killed an enemy familia for vengeance and knowing it doesn't really change my view of her character. Ryu is still one of the best!

Though, she has as of yet gone down her road of redemption for what she did in the past. Seems like her job at the Hostess of Fertility is just a temporary occupation until she is ready to decide what to do for the future. Seems like she'll find her future in the Hestia Familia.
Old 2017-05-28, 11:55   Link #4325
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Ryu's problem is

- her God is not around so she can not level up,
- neither had her God return to heaven or around to make the conversion to another familia possible.
- on top of she is on the guild’s black list, impossible for her to openly joins another familia.
- by the end of book 12 someone saying a murder on the 18th floor was witness committed by Ryu.

now these are all the facts I know, MY GUESS is, someone in disguise committed the murder, hoping it will put the blame on Ryu because it is convenient, (or Ryu was passing by and witness a murder but was framed.) by solving the murder Bell might be able to “kill off” Ryu the character from public, (a convenient scapegoat just presented himself, how nice!) the rest of the problem all can be solved depend on how author wants to go around the problem.
- Ryu’s God can go back to heaven, come back, or left a “back door” like Bete’s so a conversion can take place,
- and the guild, more important, Ouranos now is on Bell’s side,

the latest book 12 adventure shows the large gap between Bell (a level 4 with level 5 agility) and the rest of his party, without Bell, even with Aisha they were almost annihilated, now as a class “D” familia going on forced mission to the “lower” level (25th and below) the party needs to get stronger in a hurry, but the story’s level up setup makes that impossible, then the only way is for stronger new familia members to join, cues Ryu, the convenient one.
Her goddess isn't necessary. There's a built-in clause in her grace that allows her to change familia.
Old 2017-05-28, 12:15   Link #4326
breno.m.fis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Her goddess isn't necessary. There's a built-in clause in her grace that allows her to change familia.

Does she really have that clause? Where is that said?
breno.m.fis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 15:34   Link #4327
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana View Post
Who were the unrelated people that Ryu killed?
I think the correct phrase is that she even kill people who she "think" have to do with her Familiar death or even remotely related as she was not thinking straight. What she did was wrong, but it also benefited the city as a whole. Thus in a way Guild let her off easy.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 16:52   Link #4328
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by breno.m.fis View Post
Does she really have that clause? Where is that said?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerDoppelganger View Post
Probably, since she is still blacklisted by the Guild.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
This was a reply to your question.
Old 2017-05-28, 16:53   Link #4329
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I think the correct phrase is that she even kill people who she "think" have to do with her Familiar death or even remotely related as she was not thinking straight. What she did was wrong, but it also benefited the city as a whole. Thus in a way Guild let her off easy.
Yes, what Ryu did was wrong but I doubt she was vengeful to the point of involving innocent bystanders. Maybe these people were probably those who were involved in criminal activity and had dealings with the enemy familia and perhaps even assisted in the death of Ryu's familia.
Old 2017-05-28, 19:46   Link #4330
Tri-ring

Finished reading volume 12 and was a very good read, if I had to explain the story in six words it would be "Bell & Co. meets the Predator"
Spoiler for Concerning Ryu as a suspect:

Volume 13 is scheduled to be released in Autumn of this year.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 19:49   Link #4331
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Finished reading volume 12 and was a very good read, if I had to explain the story in six words it would be "Bell & Co. meets the Predator"
Spoiler for Concerning Ryu as a suspect:

Volume 13 is scheduled to be released in Autumn of this year.
Pretty sure the author knows how it will play out, since the book should be mostly—if not completely—written by this point.

That and professional authors don't write series like that. At least not successfully. The next arc, at the very least, should be completely outlined at this point.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2017-05-28 at 20:12.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 19:58   Link #4332
DerDoppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
This was a reply to your question.
I still hope and believe that she will join Hestia Familia rather than Hermes', especially with the story's recent developments.

Astraea cared enough about Ryuu to leave Orario at her request, so she doesn't seem like the greedy and possessive type of goddess.

With that in mind, it would have been irresponsible on her part to leave without adding the conversion clause to her Falna.

Ryuu's well-being was clearly important to her, and Hestia Familia, Bell in particular, is her best chance at finding happiness.
DerDoppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 20:09   Link #4333
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Pretty sure the author knows how it will play out, since the book should be mostly—if not completely—written by this point.

That and professional authors don't write series like that. At least not successfully.
Japanese manga authors waits for the popularity polls to come in and tweaks the story to be more palatable based on how the results are. Movie makers makes more than one ending and places it through an audience to see which is more favorable.
The author has another three+ months to decide.
Old 2017-05-28, 21:06   Link #4334
bakato

Quote:
I still hope and believe that she will join Hestia Familia rather than Hermes', especially with the story's recent developments.

Astraea cared enough about Ryuu to leave Orario at her request, so she doesn't seem like the greedy and possessive type of goddess.

With that in mind, it would have been irresponsible on her part to leave without adding the conversion clause to her Falna.

Ryuu's well-being was clearly important to her, and Hestia Familia, Bell in particular, is her best chance at finding happiness.
Absolutely. I don't think she could stomach Hermes' methods.
Old 2017-05-28, 21:10   Link #4335
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Japanese manga authors waits for the popularity polls to come in and tweaks the story to be more palatable based on how the results are. Movie makers makes more than one ending and places it through an audience to see which is more favorable.
The author has another three+ months to decide.
Manga artists finish their works no more than days or weeks before release (almost always the former).

Movie makers can tweak their films up until weeks before release because film is easy to splice together, and is almost entirely digital anyway, nowadays, until being put onto film for the theaters that still show it in that format.

But books need to be edited and published. The first draft is always finished months in advance and goes through several rewrites before release, and then there's the time needed to promote the novel.

And that's not even what we're talking about. The next novel is only a few months away. Do you honestly believe any professional author is going to introduce what is obviously a cliffhanger for the next novel and not know "how it's going to play out"? There's only one author, but that's not the only person responsible for releasing the novel. This isn't fanfic.
Old 2017-05-28, 21:24   Link #4336
Tachibana
タチバナ

So Ryu would be like the vice captain of the Hestia Familia when she joins.
Old 2017-05-28, 21:25   Link #4337
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Yes, what Ryu did was wrong but I doubt she was vengeful to the point of involving innocent bystanders. Maybe these people were probably those who were involved in criminal activity and had dealings with the enemy familia and perhaps even assisted in the death of Ryu's familia.
The story was pretty clear that Ryuu involved innocent civilians in her revenge, which is why she was blacklisted.

Quote:

If it was a few months ago, I would say that Ryuu would join Hermes Familia, since Omori was clearly angling in that direction.

But things have changed. The hook at the end of this volume makes me think that Omori has changed his mind, no doubt because of Ryuu's popularity and the need Hestia Familia has for stronger members, and will have Ryuu join Hestia Familia.

The problems with this before was that Ryuu is on the blacklist, but considering no one noticed when she was part of the War Game, perhaps Omori will just keep that up.

Another issue was that Ryuu would be stronger than Bell if she joined, but with Bell at Level 4, that's not much of a problem anymore.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2017-05-28 at 23:10.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-28, 22:12   Link #4338
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Manga artists finish their works no more than days or weeks before release (almost always the former).

Movie makers can tweak their films up until weeks before release because film is easy to splice together, and is almost entirely digital anyway, nowadays, until being put onto film for the theaters that still show it in that format.

But books need to be edited and published. The first draft is always finished months in advance and goes through several rewrites before release, and then there's the time needed to promote the novel.

And that's not even what we're talking about. The next novel is only a few months away. Do you honestly believe any professional author is going to introduce what is obviously a cliffhanger for the next novel and not know "how it's going to play out"? There's only one author, but that's not the only person responsible for releasing the novel. This isn't fanfic.
It only takes weeks not months to do rewrites. The draft comes in about a month and a half before in which the publisher goes through the manuscripts and discuss the details and provide advice on some parts for the author to consider. The author also reevaluates the manuscript based on the feedback by the publisher in which the out come can be totally different at the end.
The gold print or the final manuscript is sent to the printer about two weeks prior to release date. I should know I do it as a living. As for splicing a vid, it takes more time then you think. You also need to do the shooting and the editing of various scenes that may or may not be used.
Old 2017-05-28, 23:32   Link #4339
DerDoppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Another issue was that Ryuu would be stronger than Bell if she joined, but with Bell at Level 4, that's not much of a problem anymore.
We were just talking about that on the Wiki.

Here are my thoughts on the subject.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
DerDoppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-29, 00:07   Link #4340
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
We were just talking about that on the Wiki.

Here are my thoughts on the subject.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
You're assuming that Ryuu would Level Up when Hestia updated her status, when that's far from sure. He could just as easily leave her at Level 4 and wait until Bell reaches Level 5 to do the same for her.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance