AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-08-28, 07:59   Link #461
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thing is, Ike's effect has a period making as if the effect was 2 fold. So some people thought Ike had "effective against Cavalry and Fliers" bonus damage the way it was worded, while a buff nullifier to anything.

It just doesn't make sense not to word it like Lyn with "if foe is a cavalry or flier unit, [...]". I found that way too wierd and by cross checking with the JP sentence, it was merely the same as lyn, except it is against cavalry/flier instead of tome user.
Old 2017-08-28, 08:00   Link #462
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Roy has 19 MT weapon and built in heavy blade lol. Will definitely put him in a secondary horse team if I get him.

I definitely will pick Lyn, and roll on all orb color at the gacha. If I'm lucky, I'll get a Lyn+1 with better IV, and if I'm not, it will be neutral Lyn, so I'm covered at all base!!

I personally think the worst one of the bunch is Lucina, and that's saying a lot because she's an excellent buffer. Her combined with Delthea will make any melee unit to be viable lol(+6 spd + 12 atk buff). It's just that lately there's so many great blue and I don't need another blue
Old 2017-08-28, 11:03   Link #463
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I'm taking Lyn so I don't have to bother with colorless hell.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 12:32   Link #464
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
I'm taking Lyn so I don't have to bother with colorless hell.
okay what is this? i have been seeing this a lot, why is this a thing?
Old 2017-08-28, 12:35   Link #465
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Colorless is bloated with mediocre characters and there isn't really a lot of good skill inheritance fodders.
Old 2017-08-28, 12:39   Link #466
Tenzen12

It's about "sniping" certain colours. Basically if you wanna Hector you only summon green orbs from session and than suspend it and start over. Thing is if you try do it with colourless orbs you get into pool full of healers and thiefs. Healers are meh and thieves has like two or three good units.

Basically if you snipe for colourless unit you get a lot and lot and lot and lot completely useless units without even single useful skill. That's colourless hell.
Old 2017-08-28, 12:44   Link #467
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Colorless is bloated with mediocre characters and there isn't really a lot of good skill inheritance fodders.
they are good feather fodder and as long as i get a lyn i really don't care and honestly i don't do colorless so my staff and bow units really do need the skills, i am choosing lucina one to complete the set and i really really don't need anymore blue units so i don't want to roll for her, i could honestly make a team of just blue units and have it be viable, the only color i do less then that is red which hurts since the last two units i need from the cut scene units are in there(young tiki and normal lyn)
Old 2017-08-28, 12:46   Link #468
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

"Feather fodder"... errr, using units as feather fodder is pointless considering you gain way more with arena and event, and that's not an argument because everyone has the same feather value.
As for the skills, only Takumi and Klein have good skill to pass on other units, but aside of that, it is extremely questionable. Hell, even Takumi became questionable as close counter isn't really a good option anymore.
Old 2017-08-28, 12:53   Link #469
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
"Feather offer"... errr, using units as feather fodder is pointless considering you gain way more with arena and event, and that's not an argument because everyone has the same feather value.
As for the skills, only Takumi and Klein have good skill to pass on other units, but aside of that, it is extremely questionable.
actually i would argue a 4* wrys gives the best skill for staff units (live to serve) and a 4* hanzo gives all three ranks to poison strike for those pesky unit you can't one turn kill like effie, and gordin well brave bow fodder and also has vantage he is just over shadowed by klein and lon'qu because they can give rank 3 to the skills they have klien death blow lon'qu vantage, they have the skills to inherit you just have to look for them
Old 2017-08-28, 12:59   Link #470
IceHism

You kind of need a Gordon if you don't want to sacrifice an ursula or Effie to get brave bow+ and death blow 3. Though life and death 3 is probably better for a brave bow Lyn.

And I just wasted 40k feathers inheriting stuff on bride Cordelia too...
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 13:11   Link #471
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Wrys is already obtainable for free. Poison strike is a B skill that is hardly worth using compared to other B skill, save some exception such as Faye if you keep the firesweep bow.
Even if we consider Gordon and Faye for their respective special bow, that's still only 4 noteworthy colorless units for skill inheritance for a whole color.

If you are fine with that, go ahead. But there is a reason why a lot of people consider colorless being not exactly worth rolling aside of character snipe. Seriously, the number of healers I got when I rolled for Bride Cordelia was so high it was pretty much pointless.
Old 2017-08-28, 15:29   Link #472
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

One thing colorless has going for it, Klein and his Death Blow 3. Or for 20k feathers you get Brave Bow+ and Quick Riposte 3 as well. I'm just as happy with Klein 4* as I would be with literally any 5*, now that I completed my Celica and dont need more of her. Fury/Vantage/Darting Blow/QR2 and other common budget fodder can be found at 3*, but I can't have enough DB3.

I would brave colorless hell just to get more copies of Klein (still have a couple left over) BUT I seriously need green units and I need to give the Tana I pulled (I'm so happy I got her as +SPD after only 30 orbs ) a firesweep lance. Makes more sense for me to get BowLyn, then try and pull green/blue, since I need Roderick and units that can tank Reinhardt. Julia/Nino isn't enough in Arena Assault. XD

Just wondering guys, what do you run for armor emblem? Swap for everybody? You stack Ward Armor? Horse/Flyer is easy since they're like half blade users, but I have next to no experience with Arena Armor emblem.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 16:42   Link #473
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's about "sniping" certain colours. Basically if you wanna Hector you only summon green orbs from session and than suspend it and start over. Thing is if you try do it with colourless orbs you get into pool full of healers and thiefs. Healers are meh and thieves has like two or three good units.

Basically if you snipe for colourless unit you get a lot and lot and lot and lot completely useless units without even single useful skill. That's colourless hell.
To be fair, I don't get any of the good red units anyway so it's just as bad as colorless. Still haven't rolled a single damned Hinata, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
actually i would argue a 4* wrys gives the best skill for staff units (live to serve)
Competes with both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff, so it isn't even top 2.

Quote:
and a 4* hanzo gives all three ranks to poison strike for those pesky unit you can't one turn kill like effie, and gordin well brave bow fodder and also has vantage he is just over shadowed by klein and lon'qu because they can give rank 3 to the skills they have klien death blow lon'qu vantage, they have the skills to inherit you just have to look for them
Poison Strike is bad and Gordin is a horrible Vantage giver due to needing to be 5-stars to give level 3 (when there are multiple others that give it at 4-stars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just wondering guys, what do you run for armor emblem? Swap for everybody? You stack Ward Armor? Horse/Flyer is easy since they're like half blade users, but I have next to no experience with Arena Armor emblem.
I have 1 of the "2 spaces away get +4 def/spdef" on Zephiel, Effie who just pokes things that get close, the bronze armor/pink haired girl with good resistance to give the "+6 atk/spd rest of turn" to Hector, and then Hector.

But this is just for training tower, not Arena.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 17:37   Link #474
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Competes with both Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff, so it isn't even top 2.
I don't have any high attack staff units like Elise or Genny and I am not about to sacrifice my B:Lynn, so for me who uses staff units only for healing it's in the top 2, dazzling is still better because I can cancel counterattacks and seal them with my lynn but since it is only on one character at this time it's not really a viable option

Quote:
Poison Strike is bad
I would argue with you there. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have gone up against Hector's and Effie's and only been able to beat them thanks to a Firesweep Poison Strike build takes damages them enough that one of my other units can take them out sure it is different but it's not bad
Quote:
and Gordin is a horrible Vantage giver due to needing to be 5-stars to give level 3 (when there are multiple others that give it at 4-stars).
two lon'qu and rienhardt and a. I haven't felt the need to roll a red in a long time they're really not that good if you already have the best ones in the game(Lucina and ryoma) and the banners usually never have the characters I want, they only now brought back Lynn for the cutscene characters but I would rather save for her bow form, and whenever i do roll red hardly ever get a 4* lon'qu, and b. Who I'm their right mind would give up a rienhardt over vantage he is literally the on of if not the best blue tome in the game
Old 2017-08-28, 18:34   Link #475
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Let's face it, the only useful colorless units are Bridelia, Klein and perhaps Innes. Honorable mentions to Kagero and summer Gaius. As for the rest, you will be better off using a colored unit. And that's coming from someone who has 2000+ HM on Wrys. Everytime you roll colorless and it's not one of the units above you basically wasted orbs. Wrathful and dazzling staff are superior skills because one prevents counters for the whole round while the other actually lets your healer kill stuff. Live to serve on the other hand means you have a unit on your team that doesn't do anything except healing. You don't need healing if your enemy is dead. Additionally there are other ways to get that done, most notably Aura+Breath of Life or Falchion+Ardent Sacrifice which both have the advantage of using a unit that covers way more bases.

Poison Strike is bad. Chip damage is useless when it's easier and faster to just nuke them instead. If you want to use poison strike and savage blow Faye that's perfectly fine but it doesn't make that better than ORKO-ing them.

Gordin is still awful for inheriting vantage unless you want to spend 20k feathers for it. Whether or not you have a Lonqu is irrelevant. Also if you think red isn't worth outside of Lucina and Ryoma you haven't really looked at the units. Celica/Tharja/Sanaki, Eirika, Ike, Olivia, Hana are all decent in their own right.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2017-08-28 at 18:58.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 19:01   Link #476
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Also if you think red isn't good outside of Lucina and Ryoma you haven't really looked at the units. Celica/Tharja/Sanaki, Eirika, Ike, Olivia, Hana are all decent in their own right.
I never said that I said I don't to roll since I already basically have the best, that said I know there are other good red units and out of the ones you said the only ones I don't have are ike, sanaki, and Celica and I really don't like Celica do to her being really a terrible character in SOV, I said I really don't have a reason to roll red besides finishing the cutscene characters since I really have the best reds, and there hasn't been a new red that really interests me even summer Leo and Seth weren't enough to make me roll red, I mean I might roll for this roy, but if the choose your legends characters are permanent and with the terminology they used it is highly possible they are(they said new heroes and not special units) then I really don't have a reason to roll red this time around, honestly colorless has the most units I currently want green only has Sonya and ike and blue after this Lucina only has ninian
Old 2017-08-28, 20:17   Link #477
GDB

Quote:
I don't have any high attack staff units like Elise or Genny and I am not about to sacrifice my B:Lynn, so for me who uses staff units only for healing it's in the top 2, dazzling is still better because I can cancel counterattacks and seal them with my lynn but since it is only on one character at this time it's not really a viable option
Being the most accessible doesn't make it the best. By that definition, Life And Death and Panic Ploy are awful skills.

Quote:
I would argue with you there. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have gone up against Hector's and Effie's and only been able to beat them thanks to a Firesweep Poison Strike build takes damages them enough that one of my other units can take them out sure it is different but it's not bad
Xander/Ike/Ryoma/Roy stands in front of Hector and he dies. Almost any red unit with Triangle Adept can annihilate him without recourse. Lucina charges Hector and he dies. Olwen/Reinhardt/Blarblade/Gronnblade (all with Lancebreaker) utterly decimate Effie and any other lance user that walks around.

What you're describing is the power of Firesweep Bow, not Poison Strike. And people put the bow on Cordelia with a better B skill to far greater effect (when they aren't using a Brave Bow).

Quote:
Who I'm their right mind would give up a rienhardt over vantage he is literally the on of if not the best blue tome in the game
I have absolutely zero regrets for sacrificing my duplicate -ATK +SPD Reinhardt to give someone (I think Takumi) Vantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Celica/Tharja/Sanaki, Eirika, Ike, Olivia, Hana are all decent in their own right.
As proof of how bad my red pulls are, the only one of those I've pulled are Olivia, only 2 copies, and Tharja, one copy with -ATK +Def. Stop showing up, Henry and Sophia!
Old 2017-08-28, 22:01   Link #478
bakato

So there I was with 18 orbs and cracking opening the Sacred World plate. I just spent $20 worth of orbstrying to get Innes or Tana and failing miserably. My 5* rate was at 5.25%. 1 colorless and 4 blue. Colorless was a dud. 13 orbs left. 2 blue were duds. Two left. My last draw and Tana!
Old 2017-08-31, 03:30   Link #479
IceHism

Picked lynn.
Had 40 orbs
rolled a +atk - res brave Ike

This is the ideal combo i wanted. Would have liked some IV lyn as well since my friend rolled a +spd - hp lyn from the colorless orb but ehh i'll take this.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 05:28   Link #480
GDB

Dropped 483 orbs. Started off bad, but about 40% of the way in things turned in my favor. Managed to pick up x3 Bow Lyn (including one that's +SPD/-HP), x2 Lancina (a neutral and a +DEF/-RES, not sure which is better), x1 BIke (+SPD/-HP), and got pity punished by Marth, Merric, Saber, -ATK Lilina, Ninian, Sheena, and Takumi. The other 2 Lyn and the Ninian came in a single session after the pity rate was around 4.5% or 4.75%.

I also got my first and only Hinata! May pick Roy as my free choice now.

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy