AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-16, 20:30   Link #1541
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
I really hate doing this.

Group: Formula Sub
Position(s): Translator, Translation checker, QC
Series: Undecided. (KimiKiss? Moyasimon?)
IRC: #formula-recruits@irc.rizon.net
Web: www.formulasub.com
Contacts: On IRC; Merines or martino; PM me here; email, the.merines@gmail.com

One way or another, we're suddenly 9 episodes behind on our summer season series because both our TL and TC became very busy with real life. New blood is needed. We haven't even taken a good look at the fall season yet, so anything that isn't going to be horribly oversubbed is probably do-able. Not CLANNAD, not Gundam OO, not Rental Magika, not Shana S2, not GHOST HOUND. Everyone on our team is pretty well seasoned, and we all aim for the highest possible quality.

We also will need a QC should things magically pick up. This isn't a current issue, but a new series would necessitate another.

Last edited by the.Merines; 2007-09-18 at 17:31.
Old 2007-09-18, 08:23   Link #1542
Neobody

Positions: Japanese -> English Translators, Typesetters, Karaoke Stylist, Timers, Distributors
Group: Bakemono Subs
Projects: Saiunkoku Monogatari 2nd Series, Moonlight Mile 2nd Season
IRC Channel: #Bakemono @ irc.irchighway.net (Contact: Neobody or any OPs)
E-Mail: maidenslove[at]gmail.com
Web: http://bakemono.info

The Timers are able to work with .ass
Typesetters/Karaoke Stylist, are able to work with .ass

Regards,
Neobody
Old 2007-09-18, 09:31   Link #1543
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
A somewhat unusual request...

Position: Translation Checker (JPN > ENG)
Group: Soylations
Projects: Sumomo Mo Momo Mo (German)
IRC Channel: #soylations@euirc.net
IRC Contact: roxybudgy
E-Mail: roxybudgy [at] soylations [dot] com

Basically, I'm a newbie* translator in need of guidance for episode 23 of Sumomo Mo Momo Mo (*new to translating anime but over a year's experience with manga). I've made an attempt to translate episode 23, but roughly 20 lines remain blank, and I'm not confident about some of the other lines. It would be much appreciated if someone could help fill in the blanks, check the rest of the script, and offer suggestions for improvement.

Soylations has been releasing German fansubs of Sumomo, translating from English fansubs. But as far as I know, there are no English subs for eps 23/24, so the plan is to release these episodes in English and German.
Old 2007-09-20, 03:14   Link #1544
chupacabra

Group: Toybox
Positions: QC/Editors ( Must have experience), AFX , TLCer and Translator (must have good understanding of japanese/english), Encoder ( is a must that you know how to encode a proper episode in xvid and h264 )
Projects: Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!
Language of the projects: Japanese To English (only)
Contact: PM me here or msg any of the & or ~ at our channel #Toybox@irc.rizon.net

Last edited by chupacabra; 2007-09-25 at 15:58.
Old 2007-09-21, 22:49   Link #1545
Herbz

Mishicorp Recruitment

Position: Need Translators (Japanese to English); less needed, but still equally welcome: Distro, editors, timers, QC, etc.
Group: Mishicorp
Projects: New projects for october (Our current projects include Zombie Loan, Heroic Age, and Lemon Angel Project)
IRC Channel: #mishicorp@irc.rizon.net (#mishicorp-recruit for recruitment)
IRC Contact: Herbz (or modoki)
E-Mail: Herbz@homeofherbz.com
(I am also readily accessible on #herbz@irc.animenfo.com and #herbz@irc.dynastynet.net)
Website(s): http://mishicorp.org http://mishicorp.homeofherbz.com

We are mainly looking for a translator (Japanese to English) to start a new series (and possibly re-enforce some old series). TL will most likely be able to pick what series to work on. We are looking at doing Night Wizard, Macross F, and other possible shows (all of which start in october). If you are interested, PLEASE feel free to email me or talk to me in #mishicorp-recruit. I am there for most of the day. Unsure if you want to join? Please email me or convey your concerns in the main channel or the recruit channel. I would be glad to talk to you. We will talk to anyone who knows how to translate from japanese to english. [Exp. pref, but beggers can't be choosers eh? ] Herbz@homeofherbz.com
Old 2007-09-23, 02:44   Link #1546
Heero-Yui
Sekai-Fansubs Founder

Recruiting

Group: Sekai-Fansubs

Positions: We need Translators and TLc

Projects: Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!,Clannad TV.

IRC: #sekai-fansubs@irc.rizon.net

Email: sekai.fansubs@gmail.com

So join us on our irc channel if your interested and of course there is other positions open so for more info contact me aka kaizoku-sensei.

Last edited by xris; 2007-09-23 at 13:16.
Old 2007-09-23, 02:52   Link #1547
mysterious_x

Positions: Karaoke Stylers, Encoder (experienced required for both positions)
Group: GNU-Fansubs

IRC Channel: #gnu-recruits@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: mysterious_x

We're inches from our final batch release (only 12 eps). All we need are a few karaokes completed before we can encode. Any help would be appreciated. This is our last project, so you need not worry about further commitment.

If you have a bit of time on your hands and would like to help out, it'd be most appreciated.

Last edited by mysterious_x; 2007-09-28 at 18:32.
Old 2007-09-23, 14:03   Link #1548
lile_dawsons
Highly Dangerous

Group: Rozen-Fansubs
Positions: Translator, TLC, Karaoke Effects and Quality Checkers.
Projects: Saint October, Kimikiss and Goshuushousama Ninomiya-kun. (Maybe Koharubiyori)
Irc Channel: #Rozen-fansubs @ irc.rizon.net
Contacts: Ruby, Kaizoku-sensei and ShinkuRyu
E-mail: lile_dawsons@msn.com

Anyone wanna help do these shows? come to out irc channel or e-mail me. Not looking for anyone particularly experienced.
Old 2007-09-23, 19:10   Link #1549
hideFan

I'm really debating reviving my dead from the start fansub group. The reason: There are about three shows that I really want to see subbed, but noone wants to do them. Im posting this here to offer my help to anyone interested in doing one of these shows. I have raws of each.

Angelique (Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique ~ Kokoro no Mezameru Toki ~) - Two Seasons. 25 episodes total.

Hapiraki Bikkuriman (Happy Lucky Bikkuriman) - Not sure on the total eps yet.

NG Knight Lamune & 40 or VS Knight Lamune & 40 Fire - 38 and 26 episodes. Also, both have stand alone ovas that could add a quick title to a portfolio.

I know how to time and I do my best at Karaoke subs (Though they dont always turn out right); I can do non-moving typesetting stuff.
Hope someone can help.
Email: Thedukeofsurprise[at]gmail.con
IRC: Impulse on Media-Flux; The-Duke on Rizon.

-hideFan/The-Duke

Last edited by hideFan; 2007-09-23 at 22:16.
Old 2007-09-24, 13:22   Link #1550
Dnous
wut

Positions: Translators, Timers, Distro and QC'ers. Experience preferred, but not required.
Group: Hikikomore
Project: To be decided.
Contact: #hikikomore@irc.rizon.net PM me or SayaSP there. Or contact me at dnous@nekonation.org
Old 2007-09-25, 04:23   Link #1551
Bobbias

Shakugan no Shana DS translation effort.

Well, seeing as I've got loads of free time right now, and I REALLY want to play this game, I've decided that I want to start a group to translate the game, since I'm not sure if it's ever gonna get an official translation. Right now I'm by myself, and I'll never be able to complete the script, little more translate it, and hack the rom, so I'm looking for people who could help in any way. Essentially, I'll need people who know more japanese than I do to assist in translation efforts, as well as help me out with some of the kanji that get garbled and damn near unreadable.

I'll also need people to proofread the script. Then I'll need people who can replace the old text with the new stuff, so I'll need experienced rom hackers [I'm probably going to have a VERY hard time finding anyone willing to help in this department ]

I have the rom, and can send it to anyone interested in helping out (yes, it is illegal if you do not own it, so you'll need to contact me first.)

Anyone interested, drop me a line at either Bobbias@gmail.com for emails, or Bobbias@hotmail.com for MSN.
You can also PM me here.

Last edited by Bobbias; 2007-09-25 at 17:49.
Old 2007-09-25, 08:06   Link #1552
protomanV89

Send a message via MSN to protomanV89
Looking for a joint

Group : Zettai-Fansubs
IRC : #zettai @ irc.rizon.net
Position Needed : Translator(Japanese to English)
Project : Bamboo Blade or Shakugan No Shana season 2 (TL can pick), Distro(XDCC)
Email : protomanV89@hotmail.com

Well our group is looking for a group that can make a joint with us or a TL come and help us. If joint, our group will provide typesetting,timing,editing and encoding. The other must provide by the other group. So, if any group or translator want to help us, pls contact me. have a nice day.
Old 2007-09-25, 12:02   Link #1553
X23sSavior

Position(s): Typesetter, Translator(s), Timer, a few QCers
Group: Anime Kaiten Fansubs
Project(s): Kidou Senshi Gundam 00, possibly Gintama (will notify later)
IRC Channel: #Animekaiten @irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Atosaki or X23sSavior
E-Mail: X23sSavior@aol.com
AIM: X23sSavior
MSN: blucosmosluna@yahoo.com (X23sSavior),
------
Requirements:
Typesetter etc.: Knowledge of Aegisub is perferrred.
Seeders: DSL-T1 connection. No Dial-up
Old 2007-09-26, 07:03   Link #1554
michellechan2211

Position: Translator, typesetter from Japanese/English to languages other than English
Group: GX_ST
Project: Yu Gi Oh! GX

Our group is looking for translators and typesetters in languages other than English. Pls apply if you can do this!
Old 2007-09-26, 08:08   Link #1555
SHiN-gx
Wanderers
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to SHiN-gx
Position Needed: Translator (highly knowledgeable in Japanese)
Group: SHiN-gx
Project(s): EF ~a Tale of Memories~, Myself; Yourself or possibly Da Capo II
IRC Channel: #desu-recruits@irc.rizon.net
IRC Contact: Reiri-hime
E-Mail: genhazzard@gmail.com

Though we don't have an IRC channel, we discuss our projects in YM conference room and we're a bit crazy but friendly folks! We need another translator for our group. We need one who really knows the Japanese culture in case one of the titles we're subbing may have some cultural references.

Last edited by SHiN-gx; 2007-09-29 at 10:09. Reason: IRC Channel added
Old 2007-09-26, 15:53   Link #1556
martino
makes no files now

Positions: Translator and Translation Checker
Group: Formula Sub
Projects: Les Miserables, any "unsubbed" series for fall
IRC Channel: #formula-recruits@irc.rizon.net
Contact: martino or Merines. You can PM me here as well or use email
Old 2007-09-27, 15:25   Link #1557
animestudz

Positions: Translators and Distro
Group: Name Undecided
Projects: World Masterpiece Theater Anime [Ex: Dog of Flander (Possibly First Project), Little Woman, Little Woman II, Little Princess Sarah etc. ]
IRC Channel: Not Available

As you would have guessed, we are a new group wanting to sub some old classics. Anybody who wants to please help us. We dont have a transalator or Distro so please contact us if you are interested...please.
Old 2007-09-28, 00:52   Link #1558
Prons
Disabled By Request

Shin-Getter fansubs is nearing it's 100th (counting dropped and pulled) release, but there's one thing that's dreadfully halting progress on many of our releases. I'm lazy as hell, my job consists of using sabbu to time shift the typsets so the top and bottom subtitles in the OP\ED\episode preview show up with the Japanese language lyrics that are imprinted on the video (Usually older shows have that, not new shows)

I'm looking for anyone, I'll even teach you how to do it, please e-mail PronsAmuro@gmail.com

Urgent.
Old 2007-09-28, 01:45   Link #1559
Jerathim
Jyarei Monster

I'm posting for the MugenX group subbing Eto Rangers. We (I qced on 1-2) have something like 14 episodes translated but not ready for release. Unfortunately we are in need of a timer and encoder. The scripts are already timed but the lines have to have split and fine-tuned. If anyone can be of assistance, please contact MugenX.
http://mugenx.livejournal.com/
Old 2007-09-28, 03:14   Link #1560
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

group: tatertotz

position: timer

few backlog of projects that need to be worked on. need someone ready to start immediately. mandatory progress check up each week. you will be expected to put in about 3 hours of work a week. that will give us a release time frame of about 2-3 weeks per work load.
Closed Thread

Tags
help thread, recruitment, translator