Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-23, 23:12   Link #1
zajhein
Vizard

Talking BanKai Discussion [Manga]

I searched around but couldn't find any discussion on what the captain's bankai's are. So i'm making one because I'd like to see what other people's thoughts on them are. Please keep to just speculation and discussion of bankai's instead of debating who's is stronger or whatever.

Division 1 - Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai: I'm going to say his would be a pure plasma(sun plasma) like whip that extends from his sword, maybe turning into multiple whips, or possibly uses lava that comes up from the ground or something.

Division 2 - Soi Fong: Since her name and shikai are related to bees or stinging, I'm guessing her Bankai might be a single one sting killing attack that can't be used again until she releases Bankai again and it also drains her spiritual power. Or possibly it might let her fly and shoot bee sting like atk's at her opponent and the more they're stuck the slower and weaker they get.

Division 3 - Gin Ichimaru: Since his whole theme is being snakelike and his shikai extends fast, I bet his bankai will be able to control the movement of his sword's shooting ability and be incredibly fast and long, possibly to circle around opponents then squeeze them to death like a constrictor.

Division 4 - Retsu Unohana: Her shikai is kind of unusual in that all we've seen is that it flies and heals people, and it's possible that it might just become so large that it completely engulfs everything inside it and you have to battle inside, but that might be a little too straightforward for her. Another idea i thought of is that she could remove any healing that she's ever done, like having old wounds come open without even touching her opponent. But since we don't know much about her, it's hard to speculate.

Division 5 - Sōsuke Aizen: Lots of people have guessed that his Bankai would be mind control or somehow controlling people's bodies, but I'm guessing that his bankai lets him solidify his illusions. So he would be able to create an illusion in front of you that is immaterial, but the next moment it becomes real and can hurt you. Though he's the ultimate bad guy apparently and it's pretty hard to guess at what kind of bankai he'll have, but i think mind control or body control is a little too much.

Division 6 - Byakuya Kuchiki: We've pretty much seen all he has to offer, but he might have one last trick up his sleeve when he fights later on. Maybe combining his power with Rukia's or something, who knows?

Division 7 - Sajin Komamura: We've also seen his bankai and it didn't seem like much to me. Kind of slow, and doesn't seem extremely useful. Though we haven't seen any of its techniques, so it might be able to take any damage inflicted on him? Or possibly exchange places with him and make him giant or something.

Division 8 - Shunsui Kyōraku: From his fight with Yamamoto and the names of his swords, I’m guessing one controls air, and the other sound. Since we only saw his shikai release and no techniques from them, i'm guessing they both have a direct air and sound attack without bankai. In bankai form it’s hard to guess but one might be used to solidify air as a shield or something, and the other to attack with resonating certain materials to make them unstable or something.

Division 9 - Kaname Tōsen: Another that we've seen but he didn't get to show any other techniques of his bankai, if he has any. Maybe he can collapse his dome like thing and restrict movement completely but no one can attack from outside it either. Who knows, I don't think any of his skills are very useful since someone could just move to the edge of his bankai and he wouldn't be able to attack but from a limited direction.

Division 10 - Tōshirō Hitsugaya: We've seen most of his Bankai but we still don't know what happens when all of his petals are gone. I'm guessing he actually becomes even stronger when his petals run out, meaning the petals are a countdown to when his bankai is complete, not when it disappears. Since he is a really popular character and they want to make you think he's weak when he's not in the end. Or that could be the end of his bankai and he has some extra technique he hasn't shown yet to freeze all the air around to make the enemy immobile before his bankai runs out.

Division 11 - Kenpachi Zaraki: Well we don't even know what his shikai form does, even though it's in that state constantly. Maybe whenever he finally does achieve his bankai it'll probably be to make his reiatsu into armor, or heal any wounds he gets almost immediately, plus making him stronger and faster. Or it could possibly just let him keep fighting even if he's about to die no matter how many wounds he has.

Division 12 - Mayuri Kurotsuchi: His bankai doesn't seem like much either, since it's just a huge baby face on a huge centipede body with swords on the tip. The only dangerous thing about it is the poison, but i'm sure an experienced captain or someone could easily avoid that. So unless he has a lot better technique to go with his Bankai which is hard to imagine what it would be, he doesn't have much of a bankai.

Division 13 - Jūshirō Ukitake: Like Shunsui he has two swords that i'm betting do different things based on the name and way he calls his swords. One would be a lightning attack and the other is a water attack or defense. In bankai he probably produces a tsunami or combination of water and lightning attack at his enemies. Like Aizen, Shunsui, Unohana, and Yamamoto it's hard to guess a specific form of their attacks because they're so powerful and not much is known about them compared to other captains, so I'll leave more guessing up to other people.

Others

Kisuke Urahara: My favorite character, only little is known about his bankai, and that is it's not able to train with other people. Meaning it is incredibly deadly, too powerful to control not to kill people, or is an immaterial attack like Ayasegawa's shikai's technique to drain people of spirit power. I'm guessing his bankai possibly breaks up spirit particles of anything, or disperses his opponent's reiatsu. Or maybe like his shikai technique it uses his own blood, or his opponent's blood to create some kind of attack.

Yoruichi Shihouin: The only time we've seen her sword was just in flashbacks, it was a smaller one like Soi Fongs and held sideways on her back. We haven't even seen her carry a sword in anything but flashbacks so we don't know what her shikai form is or any of the techniques she can use. The idea of her sword being part of her seems like a possibility to me, such as in the OVA Sealed Sword Frenzy. Only her's doesn't make her crazy but helps her. Maybe that's why she can turn into a cat at will. This possibly could have been done by Urahara through his experiments or maybe that's what she was working on for 100 years of being away from soul society. Or there's the possibility that it was stolen, lost, or she just doesn't use it because she doesn't need to with her hakuda and kido arts being so strong. It's hard to imagine what her shikai is, let alone her bankai, especially if she and her sword are one, so i'd like to see what other people come up with.

There's still a few more people that could have bankais but this post has become long enough, and i wonder if anyone actually reads it all, so i'll end it here and hope other people actually post their ideas. Doesn't have to be all the captains, just one or two if you want.
Old 2006-06-24, 05:37   Link #2
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

*petals* is a spoiler, anyway. I think youre spectulating that every bankai that has been shown has another move XD I think that those bankais that have released probably are all they have been shown to be, lol. I had this idea ( from FSN ) that soi fong's bankai is a invisible sword that is one hit ko. However, its shape can change constantly, so even if you try to block, you might not be able to ( think kira's wabisuke's shape )

ps: retsu's bankai is seriously flawed. If she attacks like that, she will only be able to win against those in soul society. I was thinking of something like for herself, she heals by time reversal, so nomatter what the injury is, be it poison or even suzumebachi, would be rendrered useless, plus every move of her acts like its infected, getting more serious over time.
Old 2006-06-24, 16:32   Link #3
Lisk

Send a message via MSN to Lisk
I only care about awsome bankais if it's a Soi Fong bankai <3
She'd probably have some poisoning techniques(like12capt), but I can't think of anything good(shooting honey?). Her sword probably looks like a bee or a wasp
Old 2006-06-24, 17:07   Link #4
rukia82

Yoruichi's bankai may be something cat-related
Old 2006-06-25, 07:02   Link #5
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia_posy
Yoruichi's bankai may be something cat-related

It should totally be Sexy no Bankai.
Old 2006-06-25, 07:18   Link #6
rukia82

Something like that?

I think that ichigo will develop various forms of bankai....like Byakuya sama
Old 2006-06-25, 09:26   Link #7
budak

yea it would be pretty boring to see our main character having only one form of bankai throughout the story....
Old 2006-06-26, 00:41   Link #8
Nuzzles

Flavia_posy: Yeah, something like that. Except 5000 times better.

Spoiler for MANGA ONLY:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-06-27 at 00:45.
Old 2006-06-26, 16:17   Link #9
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Nuzzles this isn't manga thread...

response to first post:

Yamamoto - something big with fire I guess, but his shikai is already so devastating :O

SoiFong - something making her faster? she can fly in the real world (sky walking) so not need for wings

Gin - his not Div3 anymore :P something with snakes, but octopus thing would be good too XD

Unohana - at the begning ppl thought that this big fish was her bankai :P or maybe it's just zanpaktou's manifestation, but than it ability can suprise us and be more offensive XD

Aizen - his already overpowered, but isn't his shikai already making people think that they feel something? like pain?

Byakuya - he probably doesn't have another form since he wanted to kill Ichigo with all his got, but maybe he could make some other crazy technique if he had more reiatsu at the end of the battle :P but hardly possible

Komamura - his Bankai is bigger version of shikai, that is something like shadow and makes his range and power bigger, and don't forget that he can break ground with reiatsu XD his Bankai isn't slow, it just that animiating one picture made it look like this :P so he can like make his punches stronger and in bigger distanse

will post rest later as my keyBord is out of function again
Old 2006-06-26, 18:20   Link #10
Turambar
Procrastination Major

No manga stuff? but didn't zajhein used stuff from the manga about hitsugaya's and possibilities on urahara's bankai? Well, can just rename the topic if it comes to that I guess.

Anyways, on topic, I just thought of an idea for Ichimaru's bankai.

Now it's similar to zajhein's, but slightly different.

Perhaps his bankai let's his blade just materialize anywhere he chooses. Like, for example, in some random important fight he could be shooting shinsou at his opponent, the guy dodges and all of a sudden is stabbed from behind by the blade, which mysteriously cut off into some little void and reappeared behind him. Think sort of similar to haku in naruto with his multidirectional attacks with his mirrors, cept it's a sword popping out to stab people rather than a few needles

Renji's bankai also seems like it can be capable of a lot more. Rather than just standing there and just whipping people with it (which he seems to be learning how to do, as opposed to slow thrusts and super-slow whips), I think it would be cool if he detached a handful of the bone links and made them fly off towards his opponent as distractions or actual attacks at the same time as using his whip form of zabimaru.

Also have an idea for Soi Fong, perhaps it's simply moving it up to a one-hit kill, BUT she's able to divide up her zanpakuto into kunai-like blades or something and throw 'em at you. Now THAT'S an unfair bankai :P
Old 2006-06-27, 11:54   Link #11
hervprometheus

Long time reader first time poster. I actually registered here because i wanted to discuss Ichigos bankai.

[EDIT] Removed the spoiler for non manga, will place it in a manga thread.

Last edited by hervprometheus; 2006-06-28 at 03:35.
Old 2006-06-27, 18:04   Link #12
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Originally Posted by hervprometheus
Long time reader first time poster. I actually registered here because i wanted to discuss Ichigos bankai.

Spoiler for ichigos bankai:

hope i havent made any mistakes on my first post but i wanted to be part of the discussion.
just putting in a manga spoiler. Oh by the way that's baanble.
Old 2006-06-27, 19:01   Link #13
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
[Turambar] but it's still not manga thread... but those are speculations (still spoilerish), but telling something about yet to come character or grup of them is (I think) a bigger spoiler :P

getting back to my Bankaiing XD

Shunsui - maybe it's about the wind, but those are two tasaks, almost like axes :O it has to have more power than just speed XD

Thousen - we pretty much saw it all, but remember that he probably didn't use all of his tricks (two shikai moves :O ), and he didn't try anything else after being cut by Kenpachi (and it might be part of the act when losing)

Hitsugaya - as for anime watchers it's pretty much ice making dragon
Spoiler for hitsu small bankai:

Kenpachi - still hasn't seen shikai, right? probably won't be healing... something that would make him stronger I guess :P

Kurotsuchi - u might think that he's weak, but his sword is just freaking awsome, immobilaze enemy after cutting? if u're not quincy or super healer than u're half gone... and bankai? if u won't play sweet on Nemu than u won't get any antidote, so u're gone, and what are the odds that u will get his head before he runs away? plz remember that Ishida was much stronger and faster than capitan should be... do u exactly know what power was required to slash that bankai?

Ukitake - I don't see how two swords would give two powers, it could be something with binding, as they are connected
Old 2006-06-30, 18:56   Link #14
MonkeyD.Luffy
Kaizoku'O

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyD.Luffy Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyD.Luffy
uhhh the the thread starter.....aizen showed his bankai already......
Old 2006-06-30, 19:08   Link #15
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Since he didn't say Bankai when he used his sword, it wasn't his Bankai. Why would you think so?
Old 2006-06-30, 19:10   Link #16
MonkeyD.Luffy
Kaizoku'O

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyD.Luffy Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyD.Luffy
cause he says its his bankai, his bankai is like soi fon's and doesn't go away until they wish it so. its a hypno bankai, pay attention better to when aizen talks, i mean he hardly ever does.
Old 2006-06-30, 19:14   Link #17
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Really? I MUST have missed that first time round, as it's not in the translation I have, nor do I remember an episode where he says that. I'll have to redownload those episodes after the Byakuya fight, as if I missed something that big, I'll kick myself. Until then, I'm sure it's only his shikai he mentioned.
Old 2006-06-30, 19:24   Link #18
MonkeyD.Luffy
Kaizoku'O

ah ic ic yes i missed it, sorry about that i messed up, he never says its his bankai.....in that case aizen's char is too god damn cheat. that would suck if his bankai would take over your mind.

deepest apologize illuyankas.
Old 2006-06-30, 20:23   Link #19
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Don't worry about it, I was itching for an excuse to download the Byakuya fight eps anyway, this way I can leave it there (mwahaha). Seriously though, nobody's perfect - I mean, look at this haircut.
Old 2006-06-30, 20:32   Link #20
MonkeyD.Luffy
Kaizoku'O

to tell you the truth the last time i saw the fights was when it came out. i should watch it again too. haha
Closed Thread