AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-08, 23:20   Link #1121
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I don't think they ever say who. I've said a few times that I'd love for Mr. T (Testarossa) to show up and throw Nanoha helluva far. Since he's not mentiontioned, perhaps it's a shameful situation. But alas, that blonde hair must've came from somewhere.
Old 2006-12-09, 00:27   Link #1122
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
You know... A thought just occurred to me. Do we even know if Precia was married or something?

I mean, I'm sure Alicia (prior to being killed) came from somewhere.

So whose the father?
A very lucky man...at least until she flipped out.
Old 2006-12-09, 02:20   Link #1123
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm, it was Precia's fault in the first place, making experiments with illegal materials that caused Alicia's death in that accident. ("Bring your daughter to work" day?)

She tried to play God when she started the "Hydra" project and payed for it...
Though, the way Amy pronounced it in episode 10, it sounded more like "Yggdra"
Yeah I took it to be Yggdra as well, aka Yggdrasil for those aware of that name.
Old 2006-12-09, 02:37   Link #1124
Petco

Do we have some IRC channel for Nanoha? If not, we should set up one.
Old 2006-12-09, 03:30   Link #1125
Kikaifan
Blazing General

And I was getting along so nicely not having IRC.
Old 2006-12-09, 04:01   Link #1126
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac View Post
A very lucky man...at least until she flipped out.
he probably got dissected as one of precia's experimental subjects

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-09, 06:34   Link #1127
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
he probably got dissected as one of precia's experimental subjects
He probably died the same way Alicia did, but Precia cared more about her daughter...
Or, after the loss of Alicia, he saw her "go bananas" and thought best to leave while he was still alive and breathing.
Old 2006-12-09, 19:58   Link #1128
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm, it was Precia's fault in the first place, making experiments with illegal materials that caused Alicia's death in that accident. ("Bring your daughter to work" day?)
She tried to play God when she started the "Hydra" project and payed for it...
Though, the way Amy pronounced it in episode 10, it sounded more like "Yggdra"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
You know... A thought just occurred to me. Do we even know if Precia was married or something?

I mean, I'm sure Alicia (prior to being killed) came from somewhere.

So whose the father?
I got this info online which I think might answer some of you guys’ questions. It is from the novel of Nanoha, which is what the anime and manga are adapted from. I only got pieces and bits so don’t blame me if I got it wrong.

Precia was a brilliant sorceress. Her marriage did not work out and they got divorced after two years (or something like that) of marriage. That was where Alicia came from. I guess we won’t see Mr. Testarossa anymore.

About that Hydra project. When Precia took over, that project was a mess already. That was why the former director got fired. Facing tremendous pressure from the higher authority and a disastrous project, Precia did her best to make it work while her bosses were cutting down on security. (to save money, perhaps?) This was a disaster waiting to happen and yes, it did. The “magical explosion” (the accident), sort of, could not be confined within the secure area because of the insufficient security measurement. The outcome was that the accident affected a broader area than it should have. Precia’s resident was in her research district, hence, Alicia was killed. I guess they might have offered her resident when she took the job. It is common to some companies, actually.

In order to cover up their misconduct, the higher authority forced Precia not to sue them and announced the official cause of the incident as the result of Precia’s illegal conduct. Instead, they gave Precia a huge compensation, which was later on being used for Precia’s F.A.T.E. project. That was where Fate came from. As time goes on, Fate's personality started to diverge from the original, Alicia, and the memory implanted from the original started to deteriorate for reason unknown. Therefore, Precia considered Fate a “failure.” I think we can see a few hints of these in anime. Alicia is, apparently, an easy going and talkative girl, while Fate is a shy and somewhat quiet girl. Of course, you can argue that it is the result of being tortured but who knows. That may be Fate’s true personality. Precia then moved on to find a way to resurrect the original, Alicia.

Alicia is right. Precia was a gentle and kind soul. How can someone like that just snapped?
Old 2006-12-09, 22:19   Link #1129
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

From what I understand, it seems Fate does have Alicia's memories copied into her, but just because you dubbed the information over doesn't mean there hasn't been some data loss. And memory association is a tricky thing. It's quite possible that Fate's personality came out different.. which set Precia off on a downward spiral. She was DESPERATE to restore Alicia, and her best work had turned out a horrible failure, in her eyes.

Every little flaw in Fate became a constant reminder that her daughter was gone.

But Fate was also her best agent in completing work on Alicia.

So basically she gets stuck in a feedback loop, forced to deal with the symbol of everything that's gone wrong in her life. The accident at the lab ruined hher reputation almost certainly, wrecking her reputation and her carrer on top of killing her child.

Then there's the guilt of having been responsible for the death of her child, no matter how accurate this perception is or not.

Being kind and gentle doesn't mean your brain can't gnaw itself to death in guilt.

And after you're that far gone, kind and gentle aren't likely accurate descriptors anymore.
Old 2006-12-10, 01:23   Link #1130
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah. I cannot see how it could be expected that having a clone of her daughter with the same face but a different personality could do anything but aggravate her mental condition.
Old 2006-12-10, 06:16   Link #1131
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Yeah. I cannot see how it could be expected that having a clone of her daughter with the same face but a different personality could do anything but aggravate her mental condition.
Like, Gearhead said, Precia was desperate...for mothers who love their children, if they have a slim chance of bringing them back from death, they'll try it. Even if it's impossible...

And in Fate's dream world, Alicia said that Precia "broke" because she was too kind.
Old 2006-12-10, 06:52   Link #1132
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
its kinda sad that precia didnt have any affection for fate whatsoever it wasnt fair on her at all...and why did she clone alicia if she wasnt even going to take care of fate? fate wasnt even a substitute for the feelings that precia had but rather a slave to take out her anger...yep she broke all rite...completely snapped at the thought of alicia's death...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-10, 08:19   Link #1133
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

To me that's something that made Precea so special as a villain. Her love was for Alicia and Alicia alone. Fate wasn't to have any part of it. And that's a very evil and insane trait if you ask me.

50) Nanoha befriends her enemies. Dark Nanoha drinks them alive.
Old 2006-12-10, 12:03   Link #1134
guess

Another thing is, I heard in novel that Bardiche was made by Lilith. She made it for Fate only and trained Fate to use it. But some people here said that Precia bought Bardiche for Fate. Which one is correct?
Old 2006-12-10, 13:37   Link #1135
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

In sound stage 2 of season 1, something happened between Linith and Bardiche, either they merged into one, or something else.

Anyway, Linith just disappeared after that...
Old 2006-12-10, 19:53   Link #1136
Kikaifan
Blazing General

When we were discussing the rarity of Intelligent Devices everyone was saying that Bardiche had to be bought and at great expense as evidence that even the greatest mages can't make them anymore.
Old 2006-12-11, 08:01   Link #1137
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
When we were discussing the rarity of Intelligent Devices everyone was saying that Bardiche had to be bought and at great expense as evidence that even the greatest mages can't make them anymore.
That makes me wonder about Durandal, it was made specifically to seal the book of darkness along with its master.

Either Graham had another accomplice in his plot, or he made Durandal himself (maybe with the help of the Lieze Twins).

And maybe, not everyone can wield an Intelligent Device, because it needs a Mage with a considerable amount of magic to power it.
Old 2006-12-11, 10:11   Link #1138
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
But Durandal is a storage device like S2U then an Intelligent Device. It is logical to assume there is not a large number of intelligent device maybe due to the the skill required to make them. If none of the current mage can make them that makes me wonder where did RH comes from, unless Yuno found it in a ruins somewhere
Old 2006-12-11, 11:30   Link #1139
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Yeah, info at least says Durandal has basic AI, it's just special in that it's optimized for casting one type of magic. Still, the way they talked about it seems like it's either a unique item they had to acquire or something they developed at great cost.
Old 2006-12-11, 11:52   Link #1140
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
It could be that is it very hard to near impossible to make a device with the insane high lved spell build-in like "eternal coffin" that Durandal can be used to cast.Personlly I dont really see other storage device which is used by TSAB staff as rare or hard to make.
Closed Thread