AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-05-24, 12:42   Link #21
Echizen777

With the thought controlled CAD, how fast do you think Lina will be?
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 16:42   Link #22
renuac

Depending on just how efficient the thought-controlled CAD actually is, it might actually undermine her advantage as other people catch up with her speed.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 16:46   Link #23
Echizen777

I thought the same at first too. But it is mentioned that they use their usual CAD with an accessory to help. So, everyone has the same advantages
Old 2014-05-24, 16:58   Link #24
renuac

Good point. You're probably right that in day-to-day use she'd still be the fastest. Unless she's already so fast that this new device wouldn't actually be able to improve on it?

But she might loose at least some of her advantage in serious combat. Assuming that the thought-controlled CAD sends the psion signals and activates the desired magical sequence at the same rate regardless of the user, the areas where speed can be played with would be the magician sending that initial signal and how quickly the usual CAD can process what the thought-controlled CAD is telling it to do. In a serious fight with both opponents using high-caliber CADs, her only room for manoeuvre would be in sending that initial command to the thought-controlled CAD and there's no saying she would be faster at that than her opponent.
renuac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 17:14   Link #25
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
I think you guys are missing the point here. The thought controlled CAD just eliminates the need to press buttons to activate magic, the casting speed still depends on the magician. It would not affect Lina in any way.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 17:30   Link #26
Echizen777

I wonder how fast Lina is... Miyuki with a bad equipment could cast magic at 235 ms and she is way faster than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I think you guys are missing the point here. The thought controlled CAD just eliminates the need to press buttons to activate magic, the casting speed still depends on the magician. It would not affect Lina in any way.
That was my point actually. As long as there is an activation sequence, she is not losing her advantage.
Old 2014-06-08, 19:16   Link #27
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

"But, this is not the last time."

Miyuki interjected with emphatic words.

"Miyuki."

"So I shall not say goodbye, Lina."

"...Miyuki, what was that — it sounded like a confession?"

Lina widened her eyes as she stared at Miyuki with a face that had grown mischievous.

"Hmm, I suppose it might be a type of confession. You are my rival, Lina."

Miyuki was undisturbed by the remark and made that declaration in an unwavering voice.

"You will surely reach out to take Onii-sama’s hand someday. You will surely become Onii-sama's ally. And that will begin our true competition (for onii-chan's affection). And so, I will not say goodbye. Until we meet again, Lina."
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 14:06   Link #28
amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
"But, this is not the last time."

Miyuki interjected with emphatic words.

"Miyuki."

"So I shall not say goodbye, Lina."

"...Miyuki, what was that — it sounded like a confession?"

Lina widened her eyes as she stared at Miyuki with a face that had grown mischievous.

"Hmm, I suppose it might be a type of confession. You are my rival, Lina."

Miyuki was undisturbed by the remark and made that declaration in an unwavering voice.

"You will surely reach out to take Onii-sama’s hand someday. You will surely become Onii-sama's ally. And that will begin our true competition (for onii-chan's affection). And so, I will not say goodbye. Until we meet again, Lina."
i like your(for onii-chan's affection)-even if it should be onii-sama instead
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-14, 08:44   Link #29
Ultragunner

hoho, I have to admit that I prefer this image of Lina than the LN illustration
Old 2014-07-14, 09:14   Link #30
real123

^why didn't you include the school crest
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-06, 16:29   Link #31
zerozeronine

Think Lina will defect to Japan?
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 04:43   Link #32
I'm-here-present

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
One more girl for Tatsuya who will follow him around
I'm-here-present is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 04:53   Link #33
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
I doubt we'll see her soon. Probably for the final battle other than that no point of putting her back. Unless JP anf USNA form a team or alliance. I doubt Lina would throw away the glory..she is a little bit prideful afterall.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 07:11   Link #34
novalysis

My personal theory: The Yotsuba International Sponsors will have a hand in bringing Lina back in Japan - the scheme is to try to breed two strategic mages , and restart the practice of international marriages between Allied nations.

I thought that Japan is still nominally allied to the USNA?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-07, 07:26   Link #35
Mentar
Banned

I consider it more likely that if Lina should end up assisting Tatsuya, it will be when Tatsuya fights AGAINST the Yotsuba.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 01:12   Link #36
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I consider it more likely that if Lina should end up assisting Tatsuya, it will be when Tatsuya fights AGAINST the Yotsuba.
I think the possibility of an international mission remains a high possibility. The Yotsuba apparently order Zhou to be hunted down in volume 13. The one next on the list after that would logically be one of the sages, zhous master, the black sage. I could see the Yotsuba organising an official international mission of some kind by using their military connections both within Japan with the 101st battalion and outside of Japan through Lina's boss, who they made an associate in volume 11.

A big current issue within USNA is the treatment of magicians and the public opinion that is being manipulated against them. The black sage has been responsible for causing trouble like this every where, a joint mission of some kind or a chance encounter when they have the same objective of hunter this criminal down is a possibility. (At the very least I think a GAA arc where Tatsuya and Miyuki get sent overseas and run into Stars who have the same goal or possibly a joint mission is possible)

Considering that the Yotsuba have made a relashionship with Virginia Barans in the parasite arc, who is a high ranking USNA official. They have been willing to mobilise stars in order to do their dirty work before, in the case of having Virginia ordering Lina to break into the lab controlled by the Saegusa and kill the parasite. The Yotsuba might pull a stunt like this again and have stars brought into the story in some way.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-08, 13:29   Link #37
zerozeronine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

I kinda see the plot moving away from the Tatsuya vs the Yotsuba for now,even Maya has been lenient and helpful to Tatsuya in recent volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
I think the possibility of an international mission remains a high possibility. The Yotsuba apparently order Zhou to be hunted down in volume 13. The one next on the list after that would logically be one of the sages, zhous master, the black sage. I could see the Yotsuba organising an official international mission of some kind by using their military connections both within Japan with the 101st battalion and outside of Japan through Lina's boss, who they made an associate in volume 11.

A big current issue within USNA is the treatment of magicians and the public opinion that is being manipulated against them. The black sage has been responsible for causing trouble like this every where, a joint mission of some kind or a chance encounter when they have the same objective of hunter this criminal down is a possibility. (At the very least I think a GAA arc where Tatsuya and Miyuki get sent overseas and run into Stars who have the same goal or possibly a joint mission is possible)

Considering that the Yotsuba have made a relashionship with Virginia Barans in the parasite arc, who is a high ranking USNA official. They have been willing to mobilise stars in order to do their dirty work before, in the case of having Virginia ordering Lina to break into the lab controlled by the Saegusa and kill the parasite. The Yotsuba might pull a stunt like this again and have stars brought into the story in some way.
Lina would be back,I hope she defects.Tatsuya and Miyuki in an adventure in the USNA would be fun.
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 02:32   Link #38
IceHism

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/928/928816/

if this announcement says anything of lina getting added to the mahouka psvita game, this is probably what Lina will look like in the anime also.

I think she looks... not as cute or cool as i got from the novel illustrations. Maybe it's the pigtails or just the angle.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 02:34   Link #39
SoulEat3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post

if this announcement says anything of lina getting added to the mahouka psvita game, this is probably what Lina will look like in the anime also.

I think she looks... not as cute or cool as i got from the novel illustrations. Maybe it's the pigtails or just the angle.
Its probably the expression.
SoulEat3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-19, 03:16   Link #40
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post

Cool, is her VA mentioned? This kind of news near the end of the anime makes me think that a season 2 is confirmed already. It could be announced at this Yokohama event.