AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-29, 19:12   Link #21
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

People tend to forget that the Wii controllers+nunchuck attachments are only $20 more than 360 wireless controllers. A Wii+3 additional controllers will be $150 less than a 360 with 3 additional controllers. The Wii also comes with a classic pad and a game. If you insist on comparing the price of a Wii + 3 additional controllers, to a 360 with no additional controllers, as so many seem to find it fashionable to do as of late, you're reasoning is flawed.
Quote:
I think I read an interview with Hirai or Kutaragi where they said they expect the life of the PS3 to be something like 7-10 years.
Predicting technology like that always seems to end in the people making the predictions looking like fools. Graphics technology tends to make leaps at an unpredictable pace, and the assumption that the PS3 will last such a long time rests almost entirely on the idea that graphics technology will not advance far, and that both Microsoft and Nintendo will be content not to release any new systems that make the PS3 look outdated before then.

It also assumes, in addition to graphics not improving much beyond current PS3 capabilities, that people will be content with consoles as they were. If the whole Wii controller thing gainst momentum in a big enough way, all players in the next console race will have similar setups. Virtual Reality seems to be biting at the back of people's minds lately, it's also possible we'll see someone take a more whole hearted stab at that than we've seen since Nintendo screwed up the Virtual Boy.

It also assumes BluRay takes over. This may or may not happen. It is a larger media format than HD-DVD, but will that really make a difference? HD-DVD will have plenty of space for HiDef movies, multichannel audio, all that fun stuff and more. BluRay offers more space, but will we actually see studios doing anything with that, anything really worthwhile? Given the dissapointing extras on most DVDs, I'm thinking likely not.

Also remember: Beta was better than VHS.

Finally there's the things we simply cannot predict. Technological changes or innovation that turn everything on its ear.
Old 2006-09-29, 19:22   Link #22
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo
*NOTE* The following statement has been written by a PS3 fanboy and ardent Microsoft hater. As such any comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

I for one am psyched for the PS3. Is it going to be expensive? Yes. Will it be worth it? Definatly, if you have an HDTV. If you don't have an HD capable TV you should be looking into the Wii, it will satisfy your gaming needs. Anyone with an HDTV should without a doubt buy a PS3, simply for the Blu-Ray movies if nothing else.
I'v played my friends 360 and was less than impressed. Granted it was on a regular definition TV, but still the graphics weren't that much better than an Xbox. And having to pay monthly to play games on-line? Screw that. I'm already paying for my internet access, now I have to pay more to do something with it? No thanks.
Oh and the Xbox controllers suck.

Another thing to consider for how expensive the PS3 is: Sony won't be making any money at all off of console sales, they will actually be losing money on every sale. The same is true of every console, the money is made off of game sales.
You don't pay monthly for Xbox Live buddy. Depending on where you go it cost $35-50 for a 12 month subscription. Blu-Ray isn't all that hot, don't get drawn into the hype. I've seen both BR and HD-DVD running on an HDTV at my local BB, both look the same, but despite the update in quality their is no real reason to buy one. Although if your a tech geek, I guess, go knock yourself out

also so this doesn't look better than xbox? Also note that the game will look better than that come release next year, and the battle system will be innovated aswell.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

But its all good
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 19:47   Link #23
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Wow...That is easily the funniest I have ever read...The other two are overpriced and the PS3 isnt. The 600 comes with Wifi...So does Wii. And BluRay...Who says its going to win the next gen format war. What if HD takes the lead.

Funny thing is PS3 controllers will be 50-60 also^^ So its going to cost about the same amount for controllers for all systems

And for online...The PS3 is so dam unknown still. the only game known to have free online is Resistence...No one else seems to know anything about it.

And games...How about this. The 360 has games comming out actually in 2007^^ Wii also has a fantastic line up of games comming out.

PS3 is going to make you wait for those games
Old 2006-09-29, 19:49   Link #24
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Where'd you get those prices for the PS3 controllers? I'd be surprised if the PS3 controllers cost more than $40.
Old 2006-09-29, 20:02   Link #25
Lebron
I hear voices

If I recall they haven't officialy released a price for their controller, I think he is just comparing it with the Wii Remote, since both have some form of motion sense. Sony hasn't really released any price info, outside of the actual sku prices, so its all pretty much spectulation.

There is a sony press conf. on Oct. 31, so alot of those questions should be answered then

Last edited by Lebron; 2006-09-29 at 20:16.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 21:24   Link #26
Js2756
Thread Killer

The PS3 MIGHT not be overpriced when it is released. Sony is once again, able to play the new media format card like they did with the PS2. Will a standalone Blu-Ray player fall well below the $600 price point of the PS3 by the time it finally hits the market? Current prices for players would indicate otherwise, which would make the PS3 an economical Blu-Ray player with the added option of playing games.

Of course, this is dependent on whether or not people actually think getting a Blu-Ray player is even worth it. The upgrade from DVD to Blu-Ray (or DVD to HD-DVD for that matter) is a significantly smaller step up than the one from VHS to DVD as well as a significantly more expensive one. Blu-Ray is also up against HD-DVD so there's another obstacle in Blu-Ray adoption that DVD didn't have.
Js2756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 21:31   Link #27
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

The problem with the Wii, is that since Nintendo is planning on multiple devices as attachments for the Wii-Mote (and replace the Nunchuck, depending on the game), that for certain that for quite a few games, we'll have to buy 3-4 different devices for our Wii-Mote for each multiplayer games that needs a different kind of remote attachment.

Its also why the Nunchuck will be sold seperately than the Wii-Mote, rather than bundled.

So far, there's the;

Nunchuck
Classic Controller
Zapper

Who knows how many others will come out in the future?

Down the line, the Wii may end up costing as much as the PS3.
Old 2006-09-30, 05:43   Link #28
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Its also why the Nunchuck will be sold seperately than the Wii-Mote, rather than bundled.
Correction. The Nunchuck was bundled with the Wii-Mote last time I checked.
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 08:17   Link #29
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron
I think he is just comparing it with the Wii Remote, since both have some form of motion sense.
That could be, however the PS3 tilt functionality seems to be very, very basic compared to everything that's packed into both the Wiimote and the nunchuck attachment. They may cost more than what they would with the old Dual Shock rumble feature, but not as much as the Wii controller+nunchuck.

Still, quite right that it's just speculation at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756
The PS3 MIGHT not be overpriced when it is released. Sony is once again, able to play the new media format card like they did with the PS2.
Blu-Ray is also up against HD-DVD so there's another obstacle in Blu-Ray adoption that DVD didn't have.
Another thing you're forgetting, DVD was already well established as the accepted new media format when the PS2 hit. DVD players were expensive, but not that expensive, and they were already fairly well established in the marketplace. It was simply a matter of time before they became as common as television sets.

BluRay does not enjoy that sense of inevitability.

Also, one really has to wonder; Will the PS3 be as good a BluRay player as the PS2 was such a good DVD player? I mean, jeez. Everyone I know who bought their PS2 because they wanted a DVD player went sorely dissapointed. Lots of skipping, so many DVDs they simply would not play. Sure, the PS2 was a cheap DVD player, but lets not forget, it was a cheap DVD player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
The problem with the Wii, is that since Nintendo is planning on multiple devices as attachments for the Wii-Mote (and replace the Nunchuck, depending on the game), that for certain that for quite a few games, we'll have to buy 3-4 different devices for our Wii-Mote for each multiplayer games that needs a different kind of remote attachment.
If that comes to pass, and these attachments do indeed cost $20 or more as assumed, that would indeed be a problem. I won't argue that. However, history leads me to believe this will not be the case. Look at this previous generation, as well as the full generation before that. Nintendo has a history of including neccessary extras and attachments at little to no extra cost to the gamers. Donkey Conga costs about as much as any Gamecube game, and comes with the bongos. Starfox64 came with the rumble attachment for the N64 controllers and Rogue Squadron came with the N64 memory expansion. Some versions of Crystal Chronicles even came with a spare GBA-to-GameCube wire, if memory serves me.

And so, with that in mind I suspect very, very few games will require any additional attachment. Those that do, I expect will include the attachment with minimal, if any, cost to gamers.
Old 2006-09-30, 08:18   Link #30
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
Correction. The Nunchuck was bundled with the Wii-Mote last time I checked.
A nunchuck and Wiimote will be bundled with the system, along with a classic controller (which is a full, seperate controller, not an attachment). From what I've heard, additional Wiimotes and nunchuck attachments will be sold individually.
Old 2006-09-30, 10:48   Link #31
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad
If that comes to pass, and these attachments do indeed cost $20 or more as assumed, that would indeed be a problem. I won't argue that. However, history leads me to believe this will not be the case. Look at this previous generation, as well as the full generation before that. Nintendo has a history of including neccessary extras and attachments at little to no extra cost to the gamers. Donkey Conga costs about as much as any Gamecube game, and comes with the bongos. Starfox64 came with the rumble attachment for the N64 controllers and Rogue Squadron came with the N64 memory expansion. Some versions of Crystal Chronicles even came with a spare GBA-to-GameCube wire, if memory serves me.

And so, with that in mind I suspect very, very few games will require any additional attachment. Those that do, I expect will include the attachment with minimal, if any, cost to gamers.
I ment each seperate attachment if the game requires one for multiplayer.

For sure the game will come with one attachment, that is almost for certain because its Nintendo. But if its a 4-player game, you'll need to go buy 3 seperate attachments in order to play it with them.

But the thing with the whole Wii-Mote/Attachments, is that even if you might need to buy multiple versions of them, you're not forced to buy them. That is a big difference.
Old 2006-09-30, 11:49   Link #32
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radd
A nunchuck and Wiimote will be bundled with the system, along with a classic controller (which is a full, seperate controller, not an attachment).
Well, for what it's worth, the classic controller actually is an attachment to the Wii Remote (as mentioned on the Nintendo Wii Japan site), and is sold seperately (not included in the SKU, either in Japan or elsewhere in the world). The purchase includes the console, the stand, the sensor bar, a Wii Remote, a nunchuck attachment, all the necessary cables (etc.), and (in North America and Europe) a copy of Wii Sports. You know... just so there aren't any rumours and subsequent disappointment.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 11:54   Link #33
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Wii: Party system.
X360: shitty system.
PS3: Final Fantasy system.

Do you plan on having parties every day? No? Then don't buy the Wii. Its games are only good in multiplayer.
X360 is already out and is NOT some ZOMFG great system.
PS3 from what I see of FFXIII is drop-dead amazing, and the graphics are nothing short of gorgeous.
So The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, hyped to be one of the greatest games ever created is only good on multiplayer?
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 13:24   Link #34
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
the older tv generation is dying anyway, the ps3's HDMI will be useful in the longrun
Over 90% of the market still has standard TVs, and you say it's dying? What crap.
Quote:
Wii: Party system.
X360: shitty system.
PS3: Final Fantasy system.
UNEDUCATED FANBOY ALERT!
Quote:
PS3 from what I see of FFXIII is drop-dead amazing, and the graphics are nothing short of gorgeous.
The trailer is fake. You've been owned.
Quote:
Will it be worth it? Definatly, if you have an HDTV. If you don't have an HD capable TV you should be looking into the Wii, it will satisfy your gaming needs.
So now graphics rule which games I want to play?
Quote:
The same is true of every console, the money is made off of game sales.
That's actually a relatively new phenomenon.
Quote:
And BluRay...Who says its going to win the next gen format war. What if HD takes the lead.
But there's another possibility. HD formats not taking off at all. DVD is a fine format.

It could also be argued that because they're trying to take on HD, the PS3 and the XBox 360 just aren't powerful enough: http://www.insomnia.ac/commentary/not_powerful_enough/
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 13:54   Link #35
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Lots of People Who cant even use Google

-First The Wii Controllers will be Sold Seperately from the Nun attachment. The Remote is 40 and the Nun is 20...60dollars
-The 360 Wireless Controller is 50(Does nto include battery)

Now for the PS3...The PS3 controller is basically the samething as the 360, Except it is including the rechargable battery inside the controller and comes with the recharger.(Sony said this a bit ago)...So its like the 360 except comes with everything. While the 360 you need to buy the play and recharge kit. So the PS3 controller is atleast going to be 50...But dont be surprized if its 60..Same price as both parts of Wii's

And Like I said earlier...The PS3 has tons of fun looking games...Too bad none of them are comming out for quite a while. While the 360 is already starting to get hot(Dead Rising:P) And Lost Planet in Q1 2007...And Blue Dragon comes out soon. Oh!!!! The Fun
And Wii is launching with a bang. And looks like it pulling all the stops out for the first year

PS3 on the other hand wont seem to get going till well into 2007...maybe even 2008. So many games with TBA

Also about the formats...Digital Disturbtion is another one. And maybe neither will...Or maybe both will. There are so many maybe.
Old 2006-09-30, 15:05   Link #36
Lumir

Lol next gen is worth it all.

I personally a dedicated sony and nintendo fan will first get a ps3. Since im more of a adult gamer i just see the ps3 as a more "adult" gaming system. Ill let my sister or friend get the Wii.

If you all havent seen some of the media on GameTrailers.com i suggest you go and check it out. I distincly recall hearing the possibility of ps3 owners being able to submit ideas to game companies around the globe! Wholly crap! To me thats just amazing!

Also a statement from sony themselves... They will have some games that charge a monthly fee for online play, but this will be dictated by the server usage the game requires. From the way the sony rep was talking it seems to me there main goal is to keep most online game play free.

Did you all see the ps3 web browser? It lets you manage multiple web pages, much like fire fox, and with the option to plug in a usb keyboard its like you have a brand new comp and game system all in one! The ps3 even boasts a buddy system and web cams and all those kind of goodies...

If not for games get a ps3 for usage as a new computer, if your looking to upgrade your current comp. With blue-ray, wifi, and all the other goodies the way i see it for 600 USD you are getting a new comp and game system with some of the latest technology for DIRT CHEAP!

It was also annonced that the sony online service for the ps3 will be free, the charges will come from updates to games/the ps3 itself (much like the psp), downloadable games (such as ps1 and ps2 titles), music and what not, other things as well.

Now not to upset anyone but, when you think about it, wait till the free-lance coders around the globe get there hands on the ps3... can you say... "For the Free" xD

Yea yea i know i know, i sound like a sony fan boy but hey, all that i have stated is fact, and it can all be confirmed at the site listed above. The future looks bright, and IMO if anything takes the lead out of the current technology it will be blue ray due to its imense amount of space for data and what not.

And finally let me make it clear as someone has also, we cannot predict the future as we dont know what lies ahead... heck someone could be making something right now that will change the world forever, making sony/microsoft/nintendo look like 30yr old technology, who knows?
Old 2006-09-30, 19:04   Link #37
Radd
Just Married, Oct. 28th!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Well, for what it's worth, the classic controller actually is an attachment to the Wii Remote (as mentioned on the Nintendo Wii Japan site), and is sold seperately (not included in the SKU, either in Japan or elsewhere in the world). The purchase includes the console, the stand, the sensor bar, a Wii Remote, a nunchuck attachment, all the necessary cables (etc.), and (in North America and Europe) a copy of Wii Sports. You know... just so there aren't any rumours and subsequent disappointment.

To be certain, we're both talking about this, right?

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nintend...ler-172712.php

There is also talk of a shell controller that fits over the Wiimote, but nothing has been confirmed of that. This looks to be a standard controller.
Old 2006-09-30, 21:44   Link #38
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
lol.all this fanboyism is cracking me up.

Anyway, While i have fun munching on my Wii. At leased I have the confidence to know, that later on, when I see a good reason to buy a Xbox 360/PS3 i have the money to do so! lol. and i suspect when those systems are at a much cheaper price, and when i mean cheaper I mean at leased £100/$190 off, hence more money for games!

Take that you PS3/Xbox360 Initial buying suckers!

P.S: and if you think im a "sucker" for buying a Wii instead of a cheaper Gamecube, the wii is backwards compatible so spending a few extra for some new gaming experience won't make my bank manager cry. lol
Old 2006-09-30, 21:46   Link #39
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

To whoever siad that twilight princess will be a good game...

LMAO...

What game is better? Ocarina of Time or FF7? FF7.
Wind Waker or FFX? FFX.
Twilight Princess or FFXIII? FFXIII.

Face it, LoZ has

A) no beautiful women
B) no speaking characters
C) inferior graphics
D) kid-friendly clean-hands worlds
E) NO other characters in your party
F) little to no epic battles
G) annoying puzzles
H) more focus on gameplay than an actual story

Am I missing anything? When I play an RPG, I play it to be told a story, and to have gorgeous visuals with that. Legend of Zelda provides none of that shit. At point 1, Link runs around, haxes stuff, and screams. By the end of the game, Link runs around, haxes stuff, and screams.

Character development, anybody?

No -.-

FFXIII tells a better story and is far more visually pleasing (especially since we have a cross of Yuna and Tifa as our main hero) than any LoZ game has ever been.

FFXIII+PS3=WINSAUCE.

Wii=better get parties going, or it'll get boring, FAST.
Old 2006-09-30, 21:49   Link #40
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
You only need two, to party. No problems there....unless you got no siblings or friends, then your better off with a DS lite, or your PC.

Tags
console