Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2018-12-02, 14:23   Link #3181
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

New PV.

Also some info. Kallen, Lloyd and Sayoko were sent to infiltrate Jirukstan on secret orders from Schneizel but were captured by a mysterious Geass user.

And new versions of Lancelot and Guren were revealed but they don't have their final names yet and for now are just called "Lancelot Type" and "Guren Type". Robot Damashii figures of them are already in production.
At last, after 10 years, something new to watch about Code Geass, Lelouch and C.C !
Old 2018-12-02, 15:36   Link #3182
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
At last, after 10 years, something new to watch about Code Geass, Lelouch and C.C !
Were those Akito OVAs that bad?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-02, 15:48   Link #3183
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Were those Akito OVAs that bad?
Not they were not bad (quite good actualy) but I consider it as a side story of CG. Not the main story line.
Old 2018-12-03, 12:04   Link #3184
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So, over the weekend there was a fan event it seems where Jun Fukuyama was in attendance.

Now the interesting part is that according to someone who was there Fukuyama commented that

Spoiler for spoiler:

Link to account of event: https://www.weibo.com/1739212173/H5h5Fa0PP

Link to reddit comments this came up in:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CodeGeass/c...omment/eaz94cr

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-03, 12:07   Link #3185
Ingr

New Geass announced likely
Ingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 05:04   Link #3186
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So, over the weekend there was a fan event it seems where Jun Fukuyama was in attendance.

Now the interesting part is that according to someone who was there Fukuyama commented that

Spoiler for spoiler:

Link to account of event: https://www.weibo.com/1739212173/H5h5Fa0PP

Link to reddit comments this came up in:
https://www.reddit.com/r/CodeGeass/c...omment/eaz94cr
I think they (Sunrise) want to keep us guessing and in suspense so we have to wait for the movie's release. Which is a great marketing tactic.
Old 2018-12-04, 05:35   Link #3187
Sacredus

Spoiler:
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 05:55   Link #3188
B214

Well if Lelouch isn't in the movie then probably they'll only reveal What is Lelouch and C2's promise.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-04, 09:23   Link #3189
devilo96

See..my bet..sunrise gonna moneymilk this one....i call bullshit when sunrise said this movie is just 1 movie that work as conclusion...ah maybe they mean...1 movie with 3 part....if this really happend...the waiting really killing me
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-06, 18:19   Link #3190
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So it could be like
Spoiler for spoiler:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-10, 11:00   Link #3191
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Spoiler:
Wasn't Julius Kingsley in 3rd OVA?
Old 2019-01-15, 20:22   Link #3192
DragonXX

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection. This made me think of the Bible Revelation when there will be 7 year that cover the end of the world before the return. Just in this case it would be 7 years before Lelouch's Resurrection and we are only into 2 years after his death. The Fake Savor of the Geass World will get complete power after 3 and a half years. Most likely using the identity of Zero.

It call Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re:surrection not because Lelouch is the main character but that the end game the movie or movies.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 01:01   Link #3193
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...scenes/.141996

So they do plan to conclude everything within one movie. The most interesting bit is how Taniguchi stresses on it serving as the finale.

Quote:
Director Goro Taniguchi confirmed that many of the key staff members are returning for the movie, and specifically emphasized that the story will be complete in one film, which will serve as a finale.
I'm genuinely surprised that they aren't trying to milk this with a 3-part or 6-part movie series.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 17:35   Link #3194
Kurohane

February 9th? That's sooner than I thought. It's even weirder we haven't gotten another PV yet. The pre-order ticket bonus is weird as well. I mean it's cool to get the beginning sequence, but why block that with a paywall. It's better from an advertisement standpoint to just release it to the public. Instead, the ones who get it are ones who planned to see the movie anyway.

Sunrise have Gundam projects. They likely want the focus to be on those.
Old 2019-01-31, 20:53   Link #3195
saya_leviathan

Here's some interesting info on the upcoming movie:
https://mononoke-no-ko.tumblr.com/tagged/resurrection

There's actually a bunch of spoilers when you scroll down further. What's interesting is that:
Spoiler for spoilers:
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 21:45   Link #3196
Kurohane

Thanks for the link. Another interesting thing is:
Spoiler:
Old 2019-01-31, 21:57   Link #3197
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Thanks for the link. Another interesting thing is:
Spoiler:
Makes sense if the movie is to serve as the finale to the series. It'd be a good final hurrah to a lot of characters that we haven't seen or heard from in years.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-02-06, 21:52   Link #3198
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Makes sense if the movie is to serve as the finale to the series. It'd be a good final hurrah to a lot of characters that we haven't seen or heard from in years.
A shame as this could have been made into a full 26 episode series instead of a condensed movie. I wonder if Shirley and Milly will be in the film?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-07, 02:09   Link #3199
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Shirley will definitely appear in the film. After all, what other reason could they have for retconning her death? I'm pretty sure she's going to have something to do with Lelouch's resurrection. If you haven't seen the compilation movies yet, I recommend you give them a watch as they do tie into the new movie.

Idk if Milly will appear at all tho. From the looks of things, the characters who represent Lelouch's normalcy and everyday life, may have little to no presence in the movie. I'd be glad just to get a cameo and a couple lines of dialogue outta her and Rivalz if that's the case.
Old 2019-02-07, 02:33   Link #3200
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
^Shirley will definitely appear in the film. After all, what other reason could they have for retconning her death? I'm pretty sure she's going to have something to do with Lelouch's resurrection. If you haven't seen the compilation movies yet, I recommend you give them a watch as they do tie into the new movie.

Idk if Milly will appear at all tho. From the looks of things, the characters who represent Lelouch's normalcy and everyday life, may have little to no presence in the movie. I'd be glad just to get a cameo and a couple lines of dialogue outta her and Rivalz if that's the case.
I sometimes feel that Code Geass should have been given a 3rd season instead of a movie. When they announced that Code Geass(involving Lelouch) would be coming back in 2016(The date of the announcement), I was excited about it. However, once it was revealed to be a movie(instead of a TV series), I was disappointed as I saw it as just wrapping things up instead of flushing new ideas for the direction of the series.

When I watched the last episode of the TV series in 2008, I was angry that Lelouch was killed off in the manner in which was presented. I haven't followed up on any of the related Code Geass since the last episode of Code Geass R2 aired. What I would love to see is Code Geass: Oz the Reflection get made into an anime or OVA series. There is so much to Code Geass that could be flushed out. I hope we get to see more Code Geass related spin offs instead of just a simple movie.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha