AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-11-18, 08:30   Link #521
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

Erebus, Nyx, Tartarus, Angra Mainyu, Gautama Buddha, Guanyin, Yama and Hel
Bennia Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 08:35   Link #522
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@syzorst: Rias forfeited because she was worn out. The way I understand it, it's implied that she would've won if she wasn't too exhausted. Gasper told her to forfeit.

Also, look at what Bennia Lover said about the game type. Just beating the opponent in a fight isn't enough in that kind of field, right? But if it did come to that, Rias has a new move where she can become one with darkness using Gasper's power which makes her above Maou-class. And she also has Crom Cruach on her team who is said to have far surpassed Heavenly Dragon-level. Fenrir in his prime was said to be at Heavenly Dragon-level.

Edit: One post late.
@Bennia Lover: Thanks for the list. Some of those gods are quite ominous. Hel and Anga Mainyu especially.
Old 2017-11-18, 08:40   Link #523
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

You're welcome. It's good having access to the Japanese wiki for the info.
Old 2017-11-18, 08:41   Link #524
thefreakmike

Thanks too, thats a lot of help
Old 2017-11-18, 08:43   Link #525
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@syzorst: Rias forfeited because she was worn out. The way I understand it, it's implied that she would've won if she wasn't too exhausted. Gasper told her to forfeit.

Also, look at what Bennia Lover said about the game type. Just beating the opponent in a fight isn't enough in that kind of field, right? But if it did come to that, Rias has a new move where she can become one with darkness using Gasper's power which makes her above Maou-class. And she also has Crom Cruach on her team who is said to have far surpassed Heavenly Dragon-level. Fenrir in his prime was said to be at Heavenly Dragon-level.

@Bennia Lover: Thanks for the list. Some of those gods are quite ominous. Hel and Anga Mainyu especially.

Rias would've lost even if Gasper didn't say anything do to exhaustion. This proves Rias stamina isn't up to par with the rest of them. Also Rias new darkness form wouldn't have much of a difference. Crom is obviously the strongest on her team and either Vali or Fenrir (full power) could've given him a fight. It could've been Fenrir fighting Crom while Vali fought Rias and either way the outcome would've been the same. Except it would've been harder if she fought Vali because of his abilities and she's no match against his DxD L form.

Also I wouldn't say Crom is far above Heavenly Dragon Class but just slightly above it since Vali was able to give him a good fight. It's not like Crom is at Ophis level.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 08:47   Link #526
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Vali didn't win because of plot. It's a rating meaning he won by the rules.
Here's the thing, rules = plot. The author contrived to make rules that would prevent Rias from winning thus she didn't.

Let's be honest, IF Rias had won this match people would be b!tching that her team was way to OP and needed to be nerfed. With the loss, folks may still say her team is OP, but not calling for it to be nerfed.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 08:49   Link #527
Royalknightftw

So Hades has been busy gathering allies, eh? He managed to convince both Tartarus and Angra Mainyu to cooperate with him. Well shit, if the Alliance doesn't think a way to solve this problem then they are fucked
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 08:53   Link #528
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Here's the thing, rules = plot. The author contrived to make rules that would prevent Rias from winning thus she didn't.

Let's be honest, IF Rias had won this match people would be b!tching that her team was way to OP and needed to be nerfed. With the loss, folks may still say her team is OP, but not calling for it to be nerfed.
Dude this is a rating game not a fight to the death. You might as well say Issei's Team losing to Joker was because of plot because he lost by points. Rias just didn't have the stamina to keep up which doesn't surprise me because she hasn't shown she could go for fighting tough and long battles. Yes, Rias team is OP but this fight proves her team is not invincible.
Old 2017-11-18, 09:04   Link #529
S.Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Yes, Rias team is OP but this fight proves her team is not invincible.
Which was the whole point of the match imo. The author knew if Rias won there would be complaints about it. So he had her lose in a way that allowed her to keep her OP cred without to much complaint.

Honestly I think our problem might be I'm looking at it from a meta stand point and your looking at it from an in story perspective.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 09:07   Link #530
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I'm going to wait until we have a full translation of the fight before I say anything more on it. There might be something we're missing (or that I'm missing).

But yeah, while Crom Cruach may not be at Ophis's level (current or infinite), he might still be at least close to current Ophis's level at the very least (current Ophis is twice Heavenly Dragon-level). It did say seem to say he "far surpassed Ddraig and Albion in their primes".

Old 2017-11-18, 09:12   Link #531
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Which was the whole point of the match imo. The author knew if Rias won there would be complaints about it. So he had her lose in a way that allowed her to keep her OP cred without to much complaint.

Honestly I think our problem might be I'm looking at it from a meta stand point and your looking at it from an in story perspective.
I think you're underestimating Vali's team. Vali's team was already considered too OP and practically everyone knew called it for his team winning do to how OP his team was. The fact Rias team did so well just proves her team was just as OP. The fact that Fenrir could go at full power was already a shock because even a weakened Fenrir was powerful. As I told the other guy. Either Vali or Fenrir could've fought Crom and the outcome would've been the same.
Old 2017-11-18, 09:19   Link #532
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
I'm going to wait until we have a full translation of the fight before I say anything more on it. There might be something we're missing (or that I'm missing).

But yeah, while Crom Cruach may not be at Ophis's level (current or infinite), he might still be at least close to current Ophis's level at the very least (current Ophis is twice Heavenly Dragon-level). It did say seem to say he "far surpassed Ddraig and Albion in their primes".

I think It's just more of Crom being stronger than Draig or Albion individually not both combined since that where current Ophis is at. Now yes, if Fenrir fought Crom then he would eventually lose to Crom but it would still be a fight for Crom since Fenrir (full power) would be no push over. Remember Crom loves to fight strong enemies so he couldn't care less for rules and would take his time enjoying himself.
Old 2017-11-18, 09:26   Link #533
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Crom only cares about fighting Dragons. So he might not care about full-powered Fenrir.
Old 2017-11-18, 09:26   Link #534
Bennia Lover
Elmenhilde Lover

I made this joke before but the way to defeat Crom is with banana's I'm telling ya! xD
Old 2017-11-18, 09:29   Link #535
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Not just Crom. It's the universal way to beat any Dragon, no matter how powerful. XD
Old 2017-11-18, 09:32   Link #536
B214

Not for Ise though. He can only be beaten with breasts.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 09:33   Link #537
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Crom only cares about fighting Dragons. So he might not care about full-powered Fenrir.
Crom likes to fight strong opponents but his preference is Dragons. Unless you're saying Crom loves to fight even weak Dragons who's not worth his time. I doubt Crom is like that.
Old 2017-11-18, 09:39   Link #538
B214

Well i don't think Crom would be completely uninterested in fighting Indra. Indra is one of the top Gods in the world right now.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 10:07   Link #539
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@syzorst: True. But if he had to choose between a powerful Dragon a powerful non-Dragon, he'd pick the Dragon.

@B214: That's true.
Old 2017-11-18, 11:56   Link #540
Parry999

Does Vali have his super devil mutation yet? Because Dxd L just him not wasting his stamina and magic to control Albion power right?
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote