AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-06-27, 18:19   Link #5841
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@XFire: For now, all we know is that we've only seen Riser with a complete 15-member peerage, right? Isn't it jumping to conclusions to say that he's definitely literally the only Devil with a peerage like that? How do we know there aren't others? Rias, Sirzechs and Sona just have great luck in finding monsters, and Sairaorg managed to find Regulus as one of his Pawns. But aside from that, how do we know there aren't Devils aside from Riser whose peerages have a full 15-member lineup? I'm not trying to fully support Lucidrago here; just trying to get this cleared up.
We've seen one with 15, and literally every other peerage shown on-screen has at the least used multiple pawns on a single devil.

While there is no guarantee, and it isn't even likely, that Riser is the only one who has done so, that's not what I was addressing.

I was addressing the hair-brained idea that Riser's way was the norm despite it being an anomaly among peerages shown so far.

It should be fairly obvious at this point that using multiple pawns for powerful members is standard practice, but since Lucidrago decided to distort that to try and cover for his ideas on how pawns are supposed to work, I decided to point out how ridiculous it was.
Old 2018-06-27, 18:30   Link #5842
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Diodora Astaroth had a complete 15 member Peerage.

Personally the role of a Pawn depends on the situation because Pawns can Promote either with the King's permission or when in enemy territory so the role is flexible so it doesn't really matter if the Pawn costs a single piece or multiple pieces.
Old 2018-06-27, 18:37   Link #5843
Lucidrago

Riser would be closer to the norm than Rias, Sona, Sirzechs, or Sairaorg though.

Do you know that the more powerful servants are rarities? Saji is a rarity. Issei is a rarity among rarities. A descendant of a hero like Beowulf and a Qilin are rarities. A Longinus is a rarity. So you really think that most devils have multiple pawn pieces used on a person and then used the most exceptional cases as examples?

Just because Riser has 8 pawns doesn't mean he decided to. You think that powerful people or those with very high potential powers worth more than one piece are plentiful or something?

Having a pawn worth 8 pieces is an anomaly. Riser having 15 servants is an anomaly compared to Sirzechs' peerage? Or Rias' peerage? Or Sona's? Or Sairaorg's? It would seem pretty obvious that these four have incredible talent for finding powerful servants. You can't use them as the norm.

Do you think there are more beings in the world who are worth 1 piece or 4 pieces.

What I'm saying is that Riser doesn't have the incredible talent of the others whose peerages have been revealed and Riser would be more of a reflection towards the majority of devils than the exceptional cases you use.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 18:37   Link #5844
XFire
150% done

Diodora's peerage was a revolving roster of his rape victims, not an actual peerage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Riser would be closer to the norm than Rias, Sona, Sirzechs, or Sairaorg though.

Do you know that the more powerful servants are rarity. Saji is a rarity. Issei is a rarity among rarities. A descendant of a hero like Beowulf and a Qilib are rarities. A Longinus is a rarity. So you really think that most devils have multiple pawn pieces used on a person and then used the most exceptional cases as examples?

Just because Riser has 8 pawns doesn't mean he decided to. You think that powerful people or those with very high potential powers worth more than one piece are plentiful or something?

Having a pawn worth 8 pieces is an anomaly. Riser having 15 servants is an anomaly compared to Sirzechs' peerage? Or Rias' peerage? Or Sona's? Or Sairaorg's? It would seem pretty obvious that these four have incredible talent for finding powerful servants. You can't use them as the norm.

Do you think there are more beings in the world who are worth 1 piece or 4 pieces.

What I'm saying is that Riser doesn't have the incredible talent of the others whose peerages have been revealed and Riser would be more of a reflection towards the majority of devils than the exceptional cases you use.
No he wouldn't. Riser was noted for being a rising star that only lost when he meant to. And neither Sairong not Sona were noted for having any particular talent at gathering powerful people.

Saji's SG was a common one until Azazel went mad scientist and he still cost four pieces.

And again, literally no other peerage besides his (and I guess the disposable rape victim group) that we've seen were structured like that.
Old 2018-06-27, 18:39   Link #5845
Lucidrago

Still a peerage though.
Old 2018-06-27, 18:44   Link #5846
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Still a peerage though.
One that, not unlike Riser's, was deliberately structured to hold his harem and not for combat.

Not exactly a good example of "normal".
Old 2018-06-27, 19:08   Link #5847
Lucidrago

Riser is one of the top rookies in the Rating Game. How do we decide who's not suited for combat? You can personalize your peerage how you want and wanting to have solely beautiful females you can sleep with and that are strong in combat is perfectly fine. Riser's peerage is strong. You're just comparing them to the overly exceptional peerages that have been shown in the series other than his.

Riser's peerage would reflect a typical peerage more than Rias' or Sirzechs'. Is it weird to say that the majority of devils mainly run into beings worth only one piece? And the ones worth more than one piece can't be accessed through regular channels. It's not like there's a Longinus possessor or guy with a Sacred Gear that possesses the soul of the Dragon King around every corner.
Old 2018-06-27, 19:17   Link #5848
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Riser is one of the top rookies in the Rating Game. How do we decide who's not suited for combat? You can personalize your peerage how you want and wanting to have solely beautiful females you can sleep with and that are strong in combat is perfectly fine. Riser's peerage is strong. You're just comparing them to the overly exceptional peerages that have been shown in the series other than his.
You are assuming with no basis that the majority of peerages are reflected by an exception among the peerages shown on screen.

I'm comparing him to the only other people we have to compare him to. And my point was that he wasn't anymore an example of a "typical" peerage than Sona or Sairong. His peerage has fifteen members because he arranged it like that, not because he couldn't find stronger members.

Quote:
Riser's peerage would reflect a typical peerage more than Rias' or Sirzechs'. Is it weird to say that the majority of devils mainly run into beings worth only one piece? And the ones worth more than one piece can't be accessed through regular channels. It's not like there's a Longinus possessor or guy with a Sacred Gear that possesses the soul of the Dragon King around every corner.
No it wouldn't. He's more than once noted as being an exceptional rookie.

And yes, it's extremely weird to think that a majority of high class devils do not have the means at their disposal to seek out strong members. This was a game purely for nobles until recently, remember?

And the hell do you mean "can't be accessed by normal channels"? Saji had a normal gear and he was worth four. There were several others out there that the Grigori tracked down in like....a week?

And entire clans of dragons and youkai and various other supernatural beasts that could easily be worth multiple pieces.
Old 2018-06-27, 19:49   Link #5849
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
She needs a longer life-span, or she'd die too soon. Unless she has magic that can prolong her life. That's why I'm saying she should probably join his peerage.
That's assuming if she want to become a Devil in the first place. Besides they have Valerie, she can probably cook up some potion for Le Fay
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 20:08   Link #5850
Norn
Dazed and Confused

I don't see any role within the peerage that necessitates Le Fay joining. I don't think she's a great fit as a queen. To be honest we have yet to discover what Ise gained in having a contract with her. Knight position would be interesting, if she has magic that benefits from faster casting time. Rook overlaps with Rose too much imo. And pawn, well, that would depend on whether you want several pawns or one pawn that can act like a wild card.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 20:36   Link #5851
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Who said people had to join out of necessity? I personally just keep a open mind about everything, just because I don't see something happening doesn't mean it can't. Roles change maybe something happens and she becomes necessary for his peerage.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 21:18   Link #5852
S.Freedom

The argument as I understand it for Le Fey's inclusion in Ise's peerage, is that as a human she'd die long before him and the child she had with him. So to prevent this, she should become a devil as part of his peerage.

I'd rather her not, because it would invalidate her becoming Ise's contract mage. Plus if she did join his peerage, he'd have to find another mage to contract with. Which would no doubt cause someone to suggest that he/she also join Ise's peerage for similar reasons.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 21:38   Link #5853
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
The argument as I understand it for Le Fey's inclusion in Ise's peerage, is that as a human she'd die long before him and the child she had with him. So to prevent this, she should become a devil as part of his peerage.

I'd rather her not, because it would invalidate her becoming Ise's contract mage. Plus if she did join his peerage, he'd have to find another mage to contract with. Which would no doubt cause someone to suggest that he/she also join Ise's peerage for similar reasons.
Well if its a he that wouldn't be a problem, Issei wants a peerage full of women, so you solved your own issue.
Old 2018-06-27, 21:41   Link #5854
Lucidrago

Just have her become Vali's bishop. Problem solved.
Old 2018-06-27, 22:18   Link #5855
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Thats actually a good idea, the majority of the time your sprouting nonsense
Old 2018-06-27, 22:31   Link #5856
aw454wtr

Did vali get evil pieces when he accepted to become ultimate class devil?
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-27, 23:04   Link #5857
fan

Have le fay go to Avalon. Lugh lives there and Morgan rules that place. Le fay can increase her life span there
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 00:39   Link #5858
Parry999

She technically has disant dragon and possibly fairy blood.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-28, 06:12   Link #5859
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post

Her contract with him is stated to be tentative/experimental if I recall correctly. To be renewed or not afterwards depending on what they can give each other, if anything at all, through the contract.

Something Ise said when forming the contract was that he wants to learn magic from her so he can create perverted magic. If he ever decides to actually go through with that, then that's one thing he'll gain from the contract. Though I hope he also creates at least one serious, non-perverted magic like how he created Dragon Shot and Dress Break when he was learning how to use Demonic Power (one non-perverted technique and one perverted). Then he got Flame Blaze and Pailingual (Flame Blaze is dragon fire, but he also uses Demonic Power for it). I see a pattern.

But yeah, it's true that she has Fairy blood (at least possibly). She may not need to become a Devil after all. I guess we'll see, though.

@Lucidrago: Are we even sure if Vali wants a peerage and if he received Evil Pieces when he got promoted to Ultimate-class?
Old 2018-06-28, 13:54   Link #5860
Lucidrago

I doubt she has fairy blood.

Magic relies on formulas and equations compared to demonic powers which relies on imagination. There are things magic can do that demonic power can't but Ishibumi hasn't told us what.

Tags
ecchi, harem, highschool dxd, oppai, romance, true harem