AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-07-06, 20:14   Link #1301
syzorst
syzorst

Xenovia vs Sona (current Kaichou vs former Kaichou) Part 1

Spoiler:
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 21:10   Link #1302
syzorst
syzorst

Xenovia vs Sona (current Kaichou vs former Kaichou) Part 2

Spoiler:

Last edited by syzorst; 2018-07-07 at 07:45.
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 21:24   Link #1303
Emperor of D.

So let me see if I got Ravel's plan. Nuked the field which in turn automatically puts Sona's team at a disadvantage since they have no places to hide. With the field destroyed this makes it easier for arial bombardments from Grayfia. So now Sona is force to bet everything on Saji fighting Issei to which Issei won and even with Issei exhausted, that still leaves the threat of Grayfia. ROFL Ravel is merciless.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 21:40   Link #1304
Blazor 98

Holy shit, Ravel you monster lol
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 21:44   Link #1305
fan

This the reason why ravel's Mom scolded issei for allowing this
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 22:02   Link #1306
Parry999

How is this different then all of Issei's nuke games? Minus the Dulio game.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 22:44   Link #1307
fan

Sona couldn't do anything. Ravel didn't fight fairly. A fight is straight forward but a game is a game. Issei and dulio were having fun. They're fight wasn't serious.
Old 2018-07-06, 23:36   Link #1308
Lucidrago

It wasn't about it being serious. It was about Ravel just ruthlessly rejecting the feelings of the other side. That was just a ruthlessly rational way to win that really just rejected the feelings of the other side. For example, if Regulus had defeated Rias or Issei hasn't allowed Sairaorg to use Breakdown the Beast.

Just destroying most of the field is basically just a rejection of Sona's feelings. Ravel knew that Sona would use the field to her tactical advantage and fight their team with skillful maneuvers and exploiting their team's weaknesses. Ravel just went the route to just reject the way that Sona plays the game. By just nuking the field at the beginning of the match. She took into account how Sona fights and just sought to ruthlessly crush it.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-06, 23:46   Link #1309
thefreakmike

Ravel the savage, all of Issei’s future wives sure are forces to be reckoned
Old 2018-07-06, 23:57   Link #1310
fan

Lucidrago that's why her mother got mad
Old 2018-07-07, 00:02   Link #1311
Lex79

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but Ravel is a monster for not allowing Sona to use the battlefield to her advantage?
Lex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 00:06   Link #1312
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
It wasn't about it being serious. It was about Ravel just ruthlessly rejecting the feelings of the other side. That was just a ruthlessly rational way to win that really just rejected the feelings of the other side. For example, if Regulus had defeated Rias or Issei hasn't allowed Sairaorg to use Breakdown the Beast.

Just destroying most of the field is basically just a rejection of Sona's feelings. Ravel knew that Sona would use the field to her tactical advantage and fight their team with skillful maneuvers and exploiting their team's weaknesses. Ravel just went the route to just reject the way that Sona plays the game. By just nuking the field at the beginning of the match. She took into account how Sona fights and just sought to ruthlessly crush it.
The anime made it look like she die if regulus even tickled her though. xD
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 00:09   Link #1313
fan

Ravel isn't a monster. She didn't fight fairly. She didn't take into consideration other peoples feelings. Ravel's mother warned issei about this
Old 2018-07-07, 00:13   Link #1314
Lucidrago

Ravel isn't a monster? Her regenerative powers and her flames contradict that.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 00:23   Link #1315
S.Freedom

@Lex That's how I'm reading it, though I disagree.

From my perspective, they're just complaining about the fact the Ise vs. Sona match wasn't a rehash of the Gremory/Sitri match. Meaning Ise's team didn't have handcuffs placed on them and Sona's team wasn't essentially given the win on a silver platter.

Given the firepower at his disposal, it'd be stupid of Ise/Ravel to not exploit it for maximum effect. This match just shows that as good/strong as Sitri is, they simply lack the heavy hitters to challenge a team like Ise's.

As such it's somehow unfair Ise/Ravel exploit said advantage.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 00:32   Link #1316
fan

Because you are not supposed do that. Again Ravel's mother got mad because she did that. She told issei not to let ravel do that sort of thing. So it is not a rehash of gremory vs sona. You just don't do that. Do you want lady phenex to take ravel away
Old 2018-07-07, 00:43   Link #1317
S.Freedom

So Ise isn't supposed to use his abilities and those of his servants to there full potential?

And why exactly can't he do that beyond it not being fair to Sona, whose team isn't as strong.

And the chances of Lady Phenex "taking" Ravel back are about the same as me learning I have Ddriag residing in my soul and being able to transform like Ise. By which I mean it's nonexistent.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 00:58   Link #1318
fan

One wrong lady phenex did it once she will do it again. And you really don't get it. You are supposed think of others feelings before your own. Remember issei is the opposite of ravel. Doing that is wrong on so many levels that it isn't even funny
Old 2018-07-07, 01:40   Link #1319
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
How is this different then all of Issei's nuke games? Minus the Dulio game.
In previous match against Barakiel, Ravel had no idea where the "items" were, so they had to get some info first about their location. Halfway in the battle, Ravel got sufficient info about their location and had Isse Nuke the fields where they were most likely located to save time from taking them one by one. On the other hand, Ravel, in this battle, literally created the space to be advantageous for her team.

So yes, the way she used Issei's nuke ability is different

@Fan i wouldn't say what Ravel did was wrong since she only used the most appropriate approach against Sona's tactic. The words that could describe it are Bold and Ruthless, fitting for her personality. It migh not be compatible for the "excitement" of RG, but a very sound strategy nonetheless.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 02:42   Link #1320
B214

More like a complete disregard for the opponent. Ravel didn't even bothered to try to make the match a proper RG, she just wanted to take away any sort of advantage from the opponent for the sake of victory. It doesn't make her a bad /evil person but it can cause arrogance to grow. Once you get use to winning this way, you get complacent and think it can be used against all opponents.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote