AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-11, 22:33   Link #1841
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Thanks to Animax for allowing me to gain interest in this series.

Well, as an anime-only fan, I feel that the series shifted more towards the humanification of the Fog Ships and naval battles (and the overall conflict between the Fog and humanity) became less of a focus. It's understandable that the fans of the original manga are disappointed by the changes made to the manga, but it can't be helped; at least the anime has managed to form a solid story for a one-cour run.

My favorite's gonna be the Tsundere Cruiser Takao, followed by Haruharu and Kirikuma.

Here's to hoping that the movie would be a nice watch too. For now, this landlubber would be waiting for the other ship girls to begin their voyage on this Winter 2015 anime season.

ENTRY #219 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2014-12-11 at 23:00.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 08:40   Link #1842
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Images
Swimsuits!!!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

THOSE ZZZZZZZZZETTAI LEGS
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-27, 11:16   Link #1843
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ They look really nice for cel-shading characters. Def can compete with other hand-drawn anime girls out there.

Also, mangatron, you might wanna post the second pic in Arpeggio movie thread coz that's Iona's new character design for the upcoming movie .
Old 2014-12-31, 06:33   Link #1844
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
^ They look really nice for cel-shading characters. Def can compete with other hand-drawn anime girls out there.

Also, mangatron, you might wanna post the second pic in Arpeggio movie thread coz that's Iona's new character design for the upcoming movie .
Oh yeah, just found out about the movie (or I totally forgot ). More Arpeggio to look forward to!
Old 2015-02-04, 08:52   Link #1845
LKK

Licensed by Discotek

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 19:16   Link #1846
JameyoftheMegacosmos

Let Kantai and Arpeggio of Blue Steel come together! Animated style!
JameyoftheMegacosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 02:33   Link #1847
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Arpeggio figmas:

wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-08, 03:12   Link #1848
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Arpeggio figmas:

Holy Takao pantyhose, I have to get her figma!
Old 2015-02-08, 04:20   Link #1849
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Holy Takao pantyhose, I have to get her figma!
Takao and Kongou for heels and pantyhose legs!
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 00:15   Link #1850
scififan

hmm..Musashi is voiced by Rie Kugimiya.
Her voice was locked by tsundere anime girls. To hear her voice over the different type of character, it can be refreshing.

scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 02:25   Link #1851
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
hmm..Musashi is voiced by Rie Kugimiya.
Her voice was locked by tsundere anime girls. To hear her voice over the different type of character, it can be refreshing.
- I think Kugimiya can do it. Some characters tend to be typecast in roles which means they don't get to exercise their full talents. We'll have to see.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 02:40   Link #1852
vic-vic

Well, Kuguniya-san also voiced Nena Trinity (a total psyho) from Gundam 00 and Kathy Lockheart (very sweet gitl) from Freezing
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-09, 06:27   Link #1853
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Arpeggio is a fine example of a journey that doesn't experience any heavy turbulence, but nonetheless prefers to keeps its engines coasting at comfortable knots. You can forget about learning why most of the I-401 crew tags along with Chihaya and Iona, and you can forget learning much about those two individually.

The journey is less about each crew member and more about crossing troubled waters to breach The Fog and build relations. There's something appropriate about the enemy being named after a weather condition to make navigation difficult, or the future of humanity lying in an exchange between nations. It's reminiscent of the olde navigation days, where the voyage itself is a threat.

In keeping with its metaphor for world communication, it's fitting to mention how The Fog is an agent of isolation, but through the end of it all, no man is an island (or is it, no ship is without a captain?). Takao's character, while very typical, reflects how the heights that we want to achieve and can only achieve through learning to work together, while the mysterious Kongou slowly learns that there's more to life than living by a code of honor.

But it isn't all smooth sailing for our crew. Takao and Hyuuga are like a dent on a perfect hull, in that their journeys rock the ship back and forth between the meaning of life and the (comedic) meaning of love to seasick-like effect. All well then, that it should consider itself lucky that its swashbuckling is as funny as it is. But were you to ask which crew members rowed the boat perfectly between sunny and stormy weather, I'd give the medal to the trio of Haruna, Kirishima, and Makie.

More unfortunately, the Chihaya and Iona duo seems confused about what it wants to be. One moment they're professionals with a touch of friendliness, and the next moment we witness a welling of love that never breaks the surface. It's especially ponderous how Iona could change only now and not in the two years they've journeyed together.

But Arpeggio's misnavigation is more a quip of the simplicity of it all, merely travelling from point A to point B and colliding with mines visible from a full radar screen away. It's also more noticeable with how adventurous Haruna, Kirishima, Makie, and Kongou's journey proved to be. If only the rest of this crew had dared to brave the storm.
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 04:33   Link #1854
DarkJak2050

Alright, I know I'm late for this, but I recently finished watching the anime.

And from what I heard, I'm guessing that it pulled of the same thing that Claymore did (pulled away from the Manga).

If that's the case, then what's the ideal chapter to read the manga after watching the anime?

Or am I better off reading the Manga from the beginning?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-20, 05:03   Link #1855
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Start from the beginning -- the Arpeggio manga is quite a different beast.
Old 2015-04-20, 05:21   Link #1856
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Aye, like Myssa Rei said. Start reading the manga from the beginning.

The anime didn't really pull a Claymore but it went a different route pretty much from the start of the anime.
Old 2015-04-20, 16:22   Link #1857
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

From what I've seen people say about the manga and what I've read on sites, the anime more or less flips the manga story upside down a bit; the manga being more focused on the humans' side of things while the anime is more focused on development of the "main" Mental Models (Iona, Takao, Kirishima, Haruna, and Kongou).
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 00:50   Link #1858
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
From what I've seen people say about the manga and what I've read on sites, the anime more or less flips the manga story upside down a bit; the manga being more focused on the humans' side of things while the anime is more focused on development of the "main" Mental Models (Iona, Takao, Kirishima, Haruna, and Kongou).
It sounds about right. The manga's story invovles more political figures. If you know WWII Japan's friction between army and navy, you will get the black comedy played in the manga.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 17:28   Link #1859
lividsama

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
It sounds about right. The manga's story invovles more political figures. If you know WWII Japan's friction between army and navy, you will get the black comedy played in the manga.
Aye. Some of the chapters have 80% politics in it. Some people find it boring. I think it's intriguing. You got to see the workings of the powers that be in the background behind the curtains. It gives the story more depths.
lividsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 23:39   Link #1860
Nork22

Aye, and the manga showed the European fleet as well. So far you got HMS Repluse and HMS Vampire, with a mention of Bismarck. Would be interesting to see the US fleet if/when it get's to it, but the manga has been slow...

As soon as it's up on CR Manga, I would instantly read it and just dread the end of the chapter cause I won't know when the next will be out.

Tags
action-adventure, alternate history, battleships, cgi, military science fiction