AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 05:25   Link #1281
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Can I ask something about Hermit's name?

In Japan when they talk about someone's name, they start with his/her surname. My question is, how should I type Hermit's name? Tanimoto Natsu or Natsu Tanimoto? Or my question is which is the surname?
Old 2008-12-11, 05:33   Link #1282
Cinocard

Natsu is his first name. Tanimoto is surname.

That's why he always gets pissed off when Kenichi "friendly" calls him Natsu-chan.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 05:45   Link #1283
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
Thanks for the answer you gave me. I really want my character's name to have the same format as Hermit's name in Japanese.

Spoiler for Ragnarok:

Last edited by Photonbeam; 2008-12-11 at 06:37.
Photonbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 05:50   Link #1284
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
50 years later, a bald, hatted Kenichi tells a disbelieving disciple he used to be popular when he was young...
Will he be wearing a derby and carrying a camera by any chance?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 06:52   Link #1285
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Will he be wearing a derby and carrying a camera by any chance?
Lol And what a MILF looking Chikage tracking him down?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 10:35   Link #1286
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

Theory about the next arc

It seems to me that Renka, Ryou Ma’s disciples and the 3 Headed Dragon would, if they fought with as much teamwork as the Alliance does, be a very powerful team. Renka and Ryou’s disciples took down a master effectively by themselves when it took several Shinpaku members to take down Fortuna who in the best case scenario would be on par with guy the Chinese Group beat. This suggests superiority to me. Furthermore the 3 Headed Dragon nearly beat Kenichi and Miu who’re the strongest two from Shinpaku and it’s feasible that had their leader been more of a team player that they’d have won. In addition to all the above this chapter showed that not only do they spar with each other regularly they also act as a filter for those who’d challenge Kensei. This means not only do they have greater experience fighting other disciples they’ve got more experience fighting master class foes.

As I’ve theorised for a while now I reckon that when the YOMI arc concludes Kensei’s past will catch up with him with a vengeance. As a result he’ll either go back to China with Kenichi and the Chinese group in tow or his Chinese rivals will come after him and the other Masters at Ryozanpaku, the Chinese group and the Shinpaku Alliance will all join in the battle.

Anyway that being said I have to say I’d forgotten just how risqué Rachel’s outfit was. I was operating under the assumption that, to borrow some of Adam Warren’s words, Renka was dressed in the most do-me-riffic and slut-tastic way of all the characters in the manga but Rachel has ripped away all such delusions.

Last edited by M.I.P.; 2008-12-11 at 10:58.
M.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 11:42   Link #1287
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
Kenichi would've gotten owned just as easily if he wasn't wearing Shigure's vest.

I realise that but if Kenichi isn't going to say yes or even maybe to his alternatives to Miu then he can at least say no. What we've got now is a situation in which he's neither interested or uninterested in all these other girlswhich creates the false impression of a harem when really it's always been Kenichi/Miu
I dont think it is Kenichi's "duty" to say no to any of the girls... after all they are his best friends and i dont think it is a good reason to end a important friendship because they like him... not sure if im expresing it right. Kenichi never did or even think of anything else of Renka, garden girl or any other than his best friends and all of them know that.

The only one that might not be doing the "right" thing is Miu... like Renka and Shigure mentioned before, she is not being to true to her feelings. The Kenichi harem is there because she cant admit she likes Kenichi more than she claims ^_^
Old 2008-12-11, 12:19   Link #1288
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.

It's not his duty to do so but clearly Renka at least is the sort of girl who won't take a hint and Izumi (gardening club girl) despite seeing how Kenichi behaves around Miu is still unsucessfully trying to ask him out. In addition why would all these other girls be introduced as Kenichi's potential love interests if they're not utilised for that purpose either rid them of that aspect of their character as it existing and having no chance is a burden on their character or act on it and in so doing deepen not only their character but the strength of whatever relationship Kernichi chooses to settle in eventually.

There's more than enough eligible males in this manga for Kenichi to not be the only option so if the mangaka really insists on having ships and yet keeping Miu/Kenichi inviolate he could pair people up with other people. It seems though that he loves creating triangles or various polygonous shaped romances and then not acting on that groundwork for example he introduced Kisara/Ukita but in the same chapter introduced Freya/Ukita and then he proceeded to completely ignore Freya's supposed interest in Ukita and focus entirely on Kisara/Ukita. As far as I'm concerned if you're going to ship ship with a vengeance and if you're not then don't. This half hearted attempt at shipping isn't even worth reading.
Old 2008-12-11, 12:30   Link #1289
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
It's not his duty to do so but clearly Renka at least is the sort of girl who won't take a hint and Izumi (gardening club girl) despite seeing how Kenichi behaves around Miu is still unsucessfully trying to ask him out. In addition why would all these other girls be introduced as Kenichi's potential love interests if they're not utilised for that purpose either rid them of that aspect of their character as it existing and having no chance is a burden on their character or act on it and in so doing deepen not only their character but the strength of whatever relationship Kernichi chooses to settle in eventually.

There's more than enough eligible males in this manga for Kenichi to not be the only option so if the mangaka really insists on having ships and yet keeping Miu/Kenichi inviolate he could pair people up with other people. It seems though that he loves creating triangles or various polygonous shaped romances and then not acting on that groundwork for example he introduced Kisara/Ukita but in the same chapter introduced Freya/Ukita and then he proceeded to completely ignore Freya's supposed interest in Ukita and focus entirely on Kisara/Ukita. As far as I'm concerned if you're going to ship ship with a vengeance and if you're not then don't. This half hearted attempt at shipping isn't even worth reading.
Yeah, in the last chapter released he seems to be trying to pair Renka and Takeda
Which is fine by me. Kenichi is getting the attention of most of the manga's females.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 13:23   Link #1290
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

For me Freya X Thor would be better , Let Kisara X Ukita . For Renka , not Takeda .
No Chikage in this last chapter ...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 13:55   Link #1291
Rashou

Awesome chapter, Takeda's one of my favorite characters so I'm glad to see him getting a few pages. Hopefully Kenichi and Takeda will spar- I've been wondering about Takeda's improvement since he really began training with James.

And this is completely off topic, but was it ever said what type of martial artist Renka was? Dou or Sei? Just rereading the fight between Appachai and the Master in China and I realized that Kenichi compared the attack trails to Seikuken, which was a Sei type move, so if Renka could see them then that would probably make her a Sei type, but here personality seems so Dou. And that was a very odd phrase.

Nice Kitty!
Rashou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 15:55   Link #1292
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashou View Post
Awesome chapter, Takeda's one of my favorite characters so I'm glad to see him getting a few pages. Hopefully Kenichi and Takeda will spar- I've been wondering about Takeda's improvement since he really began training with James.

And this is completely off topic, but was it ever said what type of martial artist Renka was? Dou or Sei? Just rereading the fight between Appachai and the Master in China and I realized that Kenichi compared the attack trails to Seikuken, which was a Sei type move, so if Renka could see them then that would probably make her a Sei type, but here personality seems so Dou. And that was a very odd phrase.
i think just seikuken is for either sei or dou, think Ryuuto. It's Ryuusui Seikuken that's a purely sei ability. Just being able to see it doesn't make her either/or. So there is really no way to tell what Renka is but i feel that she leans more towards sei.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 16:22   Link #1293
Rashou

Huh? I thought Ryuuto was Sei naturally, he just learned how to use Dou and Sei, though?

Nice Kitty!
Rashou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 18:32   Link #1294
ultimateking

renka is dou without doubt, the way of her free living style indicates it

for those who cannot categorize sei or dou correctly, maybe the translation of the words will help u determine future character's type: "sei" means tranquil, "dou" means budging or moving. that has always helped me determining the correct type flawlessly
Old 2008-12-11, 20:23   Link #1295
Kimitachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
I dunno, if he paid the dojo fees, I bet Akisame would train him. Though the muschle conditioning would probably result in Ukita getting a bit thinner.
not necessarily becoming thinner but getting all fat into muscle mass...freyas gonna get O.o couse she likes big men
Kimitachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 20:55   Link #1296
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimitachi View Post
not necessarily becoming thinner but getting all fat into muscle mass...freyas gonna get O.o couse she likes big men
........and there'll be a FreyavsKisara rematch for Ukita's love
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 22:45   Link #1297
ser4

hey ain't nothing wrong with polygamy so i think kenichi should end up with all of the girls miu renka rachel and so on

anybody got a problem with that?

btw now that i think about it i can't remember anime or manga where the protagonists end's up with more then one girl (hentai excluded)
ser4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 22:58   Link #1298
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser4 View Post
hey ain't nothing wrong with polygamy so i think kenichi should end up with all of the girls miu renka rachel and so on

anybody got a problem with that?

btw now that i think about it i can't remember anime or manga where the protagonists end's up with more then one girl (hentai excluded)
There is Tenchi
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:17   Link #1299
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... Kenichi having many masters is a foreshadowing for what he'll do with his romantic life?

Furinji Miu the superwife, Ma Renka the master of all Chinese "techniques", Kousaka Shigure, prodigy of weapons and exhibitionism, Garden Girl, 100th dan homely wife? He kinda lacks a shinigami of underground wifery...

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2008-12-12 at 08:52.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 08:31   Link #1300
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
There is Tenchi
And his cousin.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen