AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-05-05, 16:53   Link #141
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
^You're making me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry. *skin color changing into green*
You better listen to him. If you haven't seen him angry, you don't know what angry is @_@
I don't think Madara would be like a Wolverine though.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 20:04   Link #142
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Are you talking about this Misfit? O_o
Spoiler for img:

Yeah, Madara will be hawt under that mask .

Seriously though, Misfit has many of Madara's "powers" (amazing teleportation, some sort of regenerative abilities, and even some facial scaring (though Misfit's were healed)).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 01:25   Link #143
james0246

Double Post -

New Idea: The summoned body was Madara's soul given new flesh. But Tobi/Madara is actually the original Madara's body. But, someone, or something, possesses it...yep, this is another Jyuubi theory . The Jyuubi soul or consciousness, after seeing Madara die at the VotE, took over the body (via the EMS), and has been "Madara" ever since. This would explain how chakra could keep the body "young" after 50+ years, and it would also explain the relationship between Tobi and Nagato (and more specifically, the Rinnegan) and why Nagato knew that the moon had been made by the Rikudou Sennin (but not necessarily why).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 04:25   Link #144
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I think that as the sage split the jubi into body and chakra he also split the chakra similar to how yondaime split the kyubi's. He then split the evil chakra into the biju's while he implanted the good chakra in his son (uchiha ancestor). Madara's hate/evil counter-balanced this good/love? chakra and allowed the jubi, to some extent, have influence over him. This would explain why Sasuke's chakra grows more powerful as he gets more hate/evil and it would also explain how tobi is ageless because it is the jubi's chakra's within himself. It would also explain how he has no real physical body because the jubi's body is the moon. Maybe as Madara was about to die he had so much hate for the world that he awaken the jubi inside of him and existed as Tobi. Or maybe he used Izanagi which the jubi took advantage of to somehow will himself into existence.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-07, 06:12   Link #145
yakumo-chan

haha... it looks like the obito theory ends in naruto shippuden episode 159....

we clearly see that obito is in heaven together with Minato and Rin....
Old 2010-05-07, 06:14   Link #146
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
haha... it looks like the obito theory ends in naruto shippuden episode 159....

we clearly see that obito is in heaven together with Minato and Rin....
Minato isn't in heaven he is in the death god belly.
Old 2010-05-07, 06:32   Link #147
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This screams plot hole xD Well, the shinigami business is very strange in Naruto, so let's let that one slide.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 00:48   Link #148
dachy

You know what i think, and sorry if this has been said already cause im way to lazy to read all your other posts. But i think Tobi could have some sort of connection with Obito and madara.

That would explain why on his mask there is only one eye hole rather than two, because we know from the kakashi gaiden special he gives one eye to kakashi.

But any ways thats just my idea. What do you think?
dachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 02:33   Link #149
madv2c
Deafmute

One reason Obito can't be Tobi, and i won't go into more detail than this: the story would go into ruins. I'm sure it would flip everyone's lids if Obito really was Tobi, and it would be quite the suspenseful twist, but the plot would be in shambles. Why would Obito suddenly get out of the rubble, and plan for world damnation (assume he's capable of such a feet, even with someone's help).

Why would Tobi go to such extreme lengths to pretend he's Madara if he really isn't? What does he have to gain, i mean really? Kabuto puts the pressure on him by threatening to reveal some "big secret", and if it was Madara in the coffin, so what?! Will things really be that different if everyone knew Tobi wasn't Madara? The opposing side may or may not be less intimidated by Tobi now. But ask yourself this, who would you be more afraid of, some broken has-been who is "a shadow of his former self"; or a new unknown enemy with unmeasured potential?

To be honest, him simply being Madara is too predictable, based on all this foreshadowing and secrecy; i don't think Madara is behind the mask either.

Let me throw in my theory on the whole coffin shabeel:

Kabuto summoned Tobi himself in the coffin, not Madara informing him he knows his game, and not the first hokage to frighten him into submission. I'm talking about Tobi himself with the mask and everything, simply proving that Tobi is dead. That would partly explain his reaction "[...] you madman!", i imagine the revelation of Tobi actually being a dead person can impact his overall plans quite a bit.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 03:55   Link #150
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^Well, most people who believe in the Obito theory don't think that Tobi is actually Obito, but rather that it's Madara in the possession of Obito's body, because his old is, well, not good enough anymore. We've seen body transfer jutsus already, so it wouldn't be a surprise if Madara would actually possess another person's body.

However, with the latest chapter's flashback, the Madara-Obito theory got a mature kickback, due to the fact, that Tobi already possessed a full-grown body, just a year at max after Obito's death (if I didn't mess up on the timeline). There are still possibilities though, like Madara switching bodies from time to time, it's just become more unlikely, that Kakashi's old buddy's serving Madara in his death.
Old 2010-07-10, 11:02   Link #151
dachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madv2c View Post
One reason Obito can't be Tobi, and i won't go into more detail than this: the story would go into ruins. I'm sure it would flip everyone's lids if Obito really was Tobi, and it would be quite the suspenseful twist, but the plot would be in shambles. Why would Obito suddenly get out of the rubble, and plan for world damnation (assume he's capable of such a feet, even with someone's help).

Why would Tobi go to such extreme lengths to pretend he's Madara if he really isn't? What does he have to gain, i mean really? Kabuto puts the pressure on him by threatening to reveal some "big secret", and if it was Madara in the coffin, so what?! Will things really be that different if everyone knew Tobi wasn't Madara? The opposing side may or may not be less intimidated by Tobi now. But ask yourself this, who would you be more afraid of, some broken has-been who is "a shadow of his former self"; or a new unknown enemy with unmeasured potential?

To be honest, him simply being Madara is too predictable, based on all this foreshadowing and secrecy; i don't think Madara is behind the mask either.

Let me throw in my theory on the whole coffin shabeel:

Kabuto summoned Tobi himself in the coffin, not Madara informing him he knows his game, and not the first hokage to frighten him into submission. I'm talking about Tobi himself with the mask and everything, simply proving that Tobi is dead. That would partly explain his reaction "[...] you madman!", i imagine the revelation of Tobi actually being a dead person can impact his overall plans quite a bit.
What Obito believers think, is that obito his body rather than his personality or

whatever you would like to call it is in fact a shell for madara`s spirit or something
like that.
We know only a little about the perfect mangenkyo sharingan so we have no idea of its power.
Another point which may be purely coincidental is Tobi`s hair style. The glimpse we get of him reveals a short haircut much like obito's but we only see half so it's unsure of whether or not the other half is in face obito's crushed body. And yet we still have not seen Madaras Perfect Mangenkyo sharingan if Tobi is indeed Madara.
Old 2010-07-10, 16:34   Link #152
madv2c
Deafmute

Yeah, the hair is shockingly similar, but so is half the people's on the show ... lol. As far as his face, it's either wrinkled or scarred, so i'm thinking even if he took the mask completely off, we wouldn't recognize a familiar face.
madv2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 17:26   Link #153
dachy

i somehow feel that Obito is somewhat connected to all this confusion
Old 2010-07-10, 20:28   Link #154
TheCoconutChef

Theory that may or may not have been thrown out there already:

Madara died at the hand of Senju at the battle of the Valley of the End.

The character portraying himself as Uchiha Madara is actually his brother, Izuna Uchiha, and the body brought up by Kabuto in the coffin is the actual Madara.

Madara may or may not have only been able the take the left eye of his brother.
TheCoconutChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 21:14   Link #155
dachy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoconutChef View Post
Theory that may or may not have been thrown out there already:

Madara died at the hand of Senju at the battle of the Valley of the End.

The character portraying himself as Uchiha Madara is actually his brother, Izuna Uchiha, and the body brought up by Kabuto in the coffin is the actual Madara.

Madara may or may not have only been able the take the left eye of his brother.
one thing that make that this theory confusing

first of all in the manga and the anime itself depict Izuna dead and eyeless
Proof of this is Madara eyes have healed.
Old 2010-07-10, 21:35   Link #156
Sir-Nemesis

Madara is the chuck norris's dark side o_O
Old 2010-07-10, 22:24   Link #157
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

That's impossible. That would imply something can escape Chuck Norris, and nothing escapes Chuck Norris.
Old 2010-07-11, 08:38   Link #158
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Maybe he let it go.^^
Old 2010-07-11, 15:26   Link #159
yakumo-chan

Im pretty sure that the Tobi we saw on chapter 501 is definitely Madara...... but the Tobi now.... I dont think so......

Im pretty sure the real Madara only wants revenge... not a Moon eye plan...
Old 2010-07-11, 17:04   Link #160
Sasheks

He can change, no? He had a lot of time.

Tags
tobi