AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-28, 21:27   Link #1001
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
What classes do you guys suggest for particular characters?

I find setting Chloe and Lotte as Scout Elites to be a no-brainer, as that potentially gives them the most movement in the whole game.

Lynn is pretty awesome as Commando, and Cosette is surprisingly good at killing stuff after getting the Beautiful World potential. The Double Attack potential comes close, but most of the time, there won't be any new targets to shoot, as you've probably killed everything within reach. As you might see, I find anything that allows for more kills per CP to be a good thing.

I don't find AT Snipers to be particularly great most of the time, as they are only any good against light vehicles, and can't dislodge targets behind cover like Sniper Elites can.

I've seen little reason to pick Trooper Elite over Commando, and as such, nearly all of my Troopers are the latter. However, Heavy Gunners do have a place in the harder post-endgame missions.

There is very little reason to go with the Tech classes (ie. not Fencer or Mauler) other than for getting the potentials. Techs don't do a lot of damage, and I don't see how the AI or anyone else could get suckered into moving onto land mines, other than carelessness.

Anthem Corps is kinda cute, but that's about it. However, their potentials are quite good.
Commandos are great because flamethrowers = raep

I like using using Trooper Elites as well however since, if I can't kill what ever is in the enemy base with a trooper (Like a fencer or something though this rarely happens), I can just bomb him out of the base zone, take the base and get a Fencer elite to take care of him. Then again, I can do this with anyone else that has a bomb... XD

Make Agro Zeri a Fencer Elite. Just too good.

Feint= Attack never misses
Double Movement= Moves again
Enthusiasm= Attacks again
Irritation= Gets an attack boost for moving while getting shot at. And this seems to happen alot when your moving around to knock things down.

Reiner's a Mobile Lancer, but I think I should make him an Elite Lancer (because HE CAN EAT A TANK WHOLE!!)...

Juliana... I like using her. She has funny lines ("Watch! I'm at my peak!" ..that's what she said). Her potentials are more defensive based.

Spoiler for August mission:

Let's see...

Social Elite: Raises defense
Reconciliation: Raises defense
Excellence: Raises everything (including defense)
Bad Singer: Lowers chances of inflicting status ailments

She gets Feint and Double movement for Fencer and Elite Fencer, respectively. Pretty much Agro Zeri with more defense and no double attacking.

Make Heinz a Medic. He gets Max Aid Range. Speaking of Heinz, I find his Darcsen hater potential a bit weird. Does he have a real reason for hating them or what? Maybe VCIII will elaborate on this...

Franca gets Perfect Dodge from going Commando. She also gets Max vs Personnl which is even better (I think she got this from Trooper Elite. Gotta check later). So I suggest getting Max vs first then switch to Commando. Double damage ftw.

I made Nichol a Sniper elite. He gets eagle eye, which is always awesome, but if you go AT Sniper, he gets Ammo reload. Hurray~. XD

AT snipers are good for taking tanks out when they have their backs towards you but don't feel like running up to them like in the Proof of Friendship mission. I get Melissa to take out the Supply tank in the first turn so I can take out the two V2s and the Ghost tank. For bigger tanks though, get someone else like Mr. Tank eater, Ms. Chatterbox or Mr. Shut in.

And finally, Anthem corps do have a place. Especially in a certain mission I go to for grinding.

Long post is long.
Old 2011-01-30, 13:46   Link #1002
Snowman24

I GOT IT!! I finally got my hands on Valkyria Chronicles II for my brand new PSP!! I'm going to play it now!! I'll prob be back in this thread later
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 20:32   Link #1003
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Speaking of which, is it possible to get hold of a copy with JP audio and English/Mandarin subs?
Old 2011-01-31, 05:32   Link #1004
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Just got my grubby paws on this. 1st mission is basically the same as VC1 but from there, it's a whole new tale.

Somehow, I'm not as drawn to VC2 as to Welks and gang.
Old 2011-02-04, 03:00   Link #1005
jwai

Continuing on with characters and classes to go with, I've figured out the following:

Aliasse: Currently going with Heavy Scout, since she's somewhat sturdy, and has a fair few potentials that buff damage.
Nichol: Sniper Elite. He's good with sniping, and his potentials aren't really suited for running around.
Chloe and Lotte: Scout Elite and double movement is pretty cool, although Lotte is probably better because she doesn't lose her action occasionally, and has Anti-Intercept. Haven't figured out if Chloe's Total Defense offers a similar level of protection.

I haven't figured out which classes I should use for the other characters, because most are neither here nor there in terms of whether there's an obvious choice.

Shocktrooper characters: Mostly Commando all the way, although some missions are a lot easier with Gunners of some sort to stop repeated Scout rushing.

Reiner, Noel, and Coleen: Easy choices for Lancer Elite.
Rene, Jugin, Vario: Easy choices for Mortarers.

Engineer characters: Don't generally use them much to care which way they go, but Medic is an obvious choice most of the time.

Armored Tech characters: Fencers or Maulers. See very little point using anything else other than to get their potentials, although one of the DLC missions gives you a wrench that makes a Tech a decent Fencer substitute.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 09:01   Link #1006
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Continuing on with characters and classes to go with, I've figured out the following:

Aliasse: Currently going with Heavy Scout, since she's somewhat sturdy, and has a fair few potentials that buff damage.
Nichol: Sniper Elite. He's good with sniping, and his potentials aren't really suited for running around.
Chloe and Lotte: Scout Elite and double movement is pretty cool, although Lotte is probably better because she doesn't lose her action occasionally, and has Anti-Intercept. Haven't figured out if Chloe's Total Defense offers a similar level of protection.

I haven't figured out which classes I should use for the other characters, because most are neither here nor there in terms of whether there's an obvious choice.

Shocktrooper characters: Mostly Commando all the way, although some missions are a lot easier with Gunners of some sort to stop repeated Scout rushing.

Reiner, Noel, and Coleen: Easy choices for Lancer Elite.
Rene, Jugin, Vario: Easy choices for Mortarers.

Engineer characters: Don't generally use them much to care which way they go, but Medic is an obvious choice most of the time.

Armored Tech characters: Fencers or Maulers. See very little point using anything else other than to get their potentials, although one of the DLC missions gives you a wrench that makes a Tech a decent Fencer substitute.
I've been reaching mostly the same conclusions.

Can't for the life of me find much use for the engineers other than fixing the tank one time or another and I love the gunners in defense missions, they just kill everything that moves towards them, great staying power.
Old 2011-02-04, 16:52   Link #1007
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I've been reaching mostly the same conclusions.

Can't for the life of me find much use for the engineers other than fixing the tank one time or another and I love the gunners in defense missions, they just kill everything that moves towards them, great staying power.
...Refill on ammo. That is all. At least, other than fixing tanks (rarely happens now since I've decided to be dumb and use a heavy tank. Really, it doesn't do anything but takes hits and nullify weather problems) and reviving (poor Morris).
Old 2011-02-05, 10:40   Link #1008
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
I don't really see the utility of Light/Heavy Gunners or any of the Fencer types in the late-game. Gunners' conspicuous lack of range on the offense makes their use in the late game, when the enemy's own heavy gunners pack a punch in interception fire, something of an unacceptable risk. Fencer-types fall under the same lack of mobility--though not the same risks, of course--and their even greater lack of range means that their uses are too specialized, especially when other unit types will get the job done just as well if not better.

Anthem Corps suffer a similar overspecialization, so they're not well-represented in my Class G.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-05, 21:52   Link #1009
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ok, is it normal for me to reach August and only have shock and lancer veterans? Granted most of my story missions are Cs, but the other missions I can get As and Bs fairly easily.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2011-02-05 at 23:41.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 10:18   Link #1010
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Gunners can remain competitive late game, but that depends how you use them.

When supporting an attack, GUnners unload their entire payload onto enemies, meaning that they've useful in taking down V2s without needing headshots. As you've noted, enemy gunners are powerful in interception fire - the same applies for your gunners. They fire in a wide arc in their turn, but will practice single target track in interception.

The trick is not to use gunners as Shocktroopers; they're an entirely different kettle of fish and need to be treated differently. Gunners are more defensive oriented.

That said, IMO commandos are best for clearing large numbers of defenders behind sandbags.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-10, 13:18   Link #1011
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Hi, is it possible that Sega could get any chance to unlock Lamar for US version @ is it only for Japanese version?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-02-11 at 07:50.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 00:05   Link #1012
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
I GOT IT!! I finally got my hands on Valkyria Chronicles II for my brand new PSP!! I'm going to play it now!! I'll prob be back in this thread later
Have you completed the story? I had and I must say: it remnds me of my own graduation ceremony before my current job.
Old 2011-02-23, 06:40   Link #1013
jwai

OK, I've finally gotten around to playing the paid missions, but I think I'm missing a few because while I've completed the ones on the list, the category doesn't appear as Complete. I'm wondering where the remaining ones are.
Old 2011-02-27, 10:00   Link #1014
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

some of the paid missions have a limited completion time, IE they can only be done on certain months. If you've cleared everything (assuming you're on a new game plus), try manually advancing the months.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 13:04   Link #1015
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Don't forget that some missions require certain conditions, like the Order Mastery mission (which requires...Order mastery ).

If you haven't already, buy every Order from Welkin and Alicia, level every class to fifty, change Avan to every class (there's no need to get the Potential for every class, though), develop weapons and tank parts in R&D, finish any remaining classmate missions, make sure you're getting A-ranks for every story and free mission, and acquire boatloads of money (10 million ducats to repair the school, another 2.5 million for a particular mission called History Sleeps Below, a few more millions to pay for the others in the shop as you come across them, and the rest for R&D).

Check back at the store to see if any new missions have popped up when you're doing everything.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 21:40   Link #1016
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The moment you can buy the mission "The Pandora Ship", you are almost there in terms of completing all missions. In order to buy this mission, you must have cleared all other missions.
Old 2011-02-28, 06:41   Link #1017
jwai

Damn, still got a long way to go then...
Old 2011-03-01, 12:22   Link #1018
Stefkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassupimviet View Post
Don't forget that some missions require certain conditions, like the Order Mastery mission (which requires...Order mastery ).

If you haven't already, buy every Order from Welkin and Alicia, level every class to fifty, change Avan to every class (there's no need to get the Potential for every class, though), develop weapons and tank parts in R&D, finish any remaining classmate missions, make sure you're getting A-ranks for every story and free mission, and acquire boatloads of money (10 million ducats to repair the school, another 2.5 million for a particular mission called History Sleeps Below, a few more millions to pay for the others in the shop as you come across them, and the rest for R&D).

Check back at the store to see if any new missions have popped up when you're doing everything.
You just reminded me just how much more I have left to do in the game.

I best charge up my PSP.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 23:33   Link #1019
Snowman24

My first impressions; Keep in mind I'm only into March, just met the artifical-valks and can't beat them yet, units are still to weak and am playing the missions all over to earn experience and Ducats to level my units.

First off... Avan... I really, really don't like you! :P Excessivly happy and hyper, but sleeps all the time? weird. His chuckles just urk me bad!

Anisette... wow, I'm in a love/hate relationship with her. She's a good shocktrooper, but that voice... oh man... atleast she ain't singing yet. BUT, I have to admit, I love her ANGRY growls or groans or whatever they are, her "Eeeaaauuuugggghhhh~!!" sounds she makes whenever she's angry :P I love those, they make me laugh out loud... and I play my PSP wearing headphones so I must look like an idiot laughing while on the bus or out in public playing.

At first I didn't think the scenes could possibly compare to VC1, but now... its kind of funny! the way they use the rectangular character boxes for like... everything and simply have it move around to simulate what the characters are doing during their particular scene :P I love Marion's little bows she always does, so simple, just have her character cutout move up and down alittle.

I almost loved Marion as a favorite character... but she had one negative potential that made me... > slightly mad...
Spoiler for neg-potential:
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 00:48   Link #1020
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
My first impressions; Keep in mind I'm only into March, just met the artifical-valks and can't beat them yet, units are still to weak and am playing the missions all over to earn experience and Ducats to level my units.

First off... Avan... I really, really don't like you! :P Excessivly happy and hyper, but sleeps all the time? weird. His chuckles just urk me bad!

Anisette... wow, I'm in a love/hate relationship with her. She's a good shocktrooper, but that voice... oh man... atleast she ain't singing yet. BUT, I have to admit, I love her ANGRY growls or groans or whatever they are, her "Eeeaaauuuugggghhhh~!!" sounds she makes whenever she's angry :P I love those, they make me laugh out loud... and I play my PSP wearing headphones so I must look like an idiot laughing while on the bus or out in public playing.

At first I didn't think the scenes could possibly compare to VC1, but now... its kind of funny! the way they use the rectangular character boxes for like... everything and simply have it move around to simulate what the characters are doing during their particular scene :P I love Marion's little bows she always does, so simple, just have her character cutout move up and down alittle.

I almost loved Marion as a favorite character... but she had one negative potential that made me... > slightly mad...
Spoiler for neg-potential:
You needn't worry about that, Snowman. Marion eventually loses that potential and it gets replaced with a good one.

And yeah, Avan irks a lot of players. I think as fanfic writers, we owe it to the players to... adjust his character for the better. Maybe make him a bit less of a hot-blooded moron and maybe portray him as more reckless (instead of plain stupid).
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote