AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-03, 09:44   Link #41
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
BTW, is popotan any good?
Its story arc is like Da Capo, starts off funny, gets increasingly serious. I thought it was a decent story, but be warned there is a ton of fan service in this show. So if that kind of thing turns you off, you probably wont care for it. Past that, the show is ok, and the characters are cute. The theme song is also infectious, I had it stuck in my head for several days.
Old 2004-05-07, 15:57   Link #42
roguenoir
Rogue Member

My personal rating:

Most Heart Wrenching Least Heart Wrenching
<----------------------------------------------------------------------->
Saikano > Kanon > Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien > Da Capo

Btw, I'm also curious why Yuuichi is considered a dickwad by some here.. he's nice and funny and doesn't cause unnecessary trouble in addition to getting all the girls.
Old 2004-05-21, 19:57   Link #43
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
That depends, if you want an anime based off a dating sim, most likely a hentai with boring characters from what I heard, go with Da Capo.

If you want yet another dating sim gone anime but with a little bit of violence and jam-packed with too many main characters from what I heard, go with Kanon.
Old 2004-05-22, 01:08   Link #44
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Quote:
Originally Posted by BME
I think that Da Capo is better, because the main character in DC isn't a total dickwad like in Kanon.
Wow BME, from wat i can see you r really Belldandy Fan, Me too...i mean who wouldn't?? Ahem...a little off topic here hehehe...

Well is true that DC character is more spirited and how to say this..."Genki" i think. Actually i would recomand both as both of them almost the same in the genre like romance,fantasy,comedy.

If you like comedy over romance than watch DC 1st but if you are the opposite type then watch Kanon 1st.

Kanon is the 1st anime that ever makes me Cried, even though i've watch it for 10 times now still it makes my heart cry... since then i've been hunting for Tragic Romance story like KGNE, & Saishuu Keiki Kanajou...this is few of romance anime that really make me cry out loud.

By the way did Kanon have any ecchi scene?? not that i can remember they have any Ecchi scene in it. But definitely DC got somes ahhahaa
Old 2004-05-22, 01:57   Link #45
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
That depends, if you want an anime based off a dating sim, most likely a hentai with boring characters from what I heard, go with Da Capo.

If you want yet another dating sim gone anime but with a little bit of violence and jam-packed with too many main characters from what I heard, go with Kanon.
I suppose "boring characters" in Da Capo is something one can decide for themselves, but both shows are based on h-games and Kanon has no violence nor too many characters.

Why regurgitate soemone else's opinion in a suggestions thread?
Old 2004-05-22, 18:58   Link #46
mah_damey

why dont u juss watch both of them
Old 2004-05-23, 20:16   Link #47
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Hahaha

lol. I never thought this thread would get so big. I originally wanted to know which to watch first, so I guess the thread name was a little off. I also wanted to know whether the character designs in Kanon were too odd to watch normally. I ended up watching DC, and enjoyed it immensely. I'll probably watch Kanon sometime later, I'm on extended mecha session rite now
Old 2004-06-15, 13:57   Link #48
alexlmlo

Hi, your article is really excellent. Would you mind if I translate your article to Chinese and post it to a Taiwanese anime forum? Thanks a lot.
Old 2004-06-15, 16:49   Link #49
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlmlo
Hi, your article is really excellent. Would you mind if I translate your article to Chinese and post it to a Taiwanese anime forum? Thanks a lot.
Huh? Who exactly are you referring to? If it's this thread, then feel free, it's uh, public domain?
Old 2004-06-16, 11:08   Link #50
alexlmlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Huh? Who exactly are you referring to? If it's this thread, then feel free, it's uh, public domain?
Sorry to trouble everyone, I did PM the person and got the answer. Thank you ever so much.
Old 2004-06-16, 11:35   Link #51
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

You should watch Kanon, Da Capo and Popotan, yup you should watch all of them, because they are all beautiful animes.

And if you like some more realistic emotional/romance shows, you have to watch Kita He ~ Diamond Dust Drops and Koi Kaze!
Old 2004-06-16, 23:00   Link #52
roguenoir
Rogue Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
By the way did Kanon have any ecchi scene?? not that i can remember they have any Ecchi scene in it. But definitely DC got somes ahhahaa
The only "ecchi" scene in Kanon is when Yuuichi is undressed ready to take a bath.. which makes me wonder if the show was intended for a male or female audience.. without question, the game is for a male audience..
Old 2004-10-29, 00:18   Link #53
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

LOL the makoto bath scene eh? that cracked me up when i played through it

too bad in the anime they didn't emphasize Akiko's "jam" O_o
Old 2004-10-29, 00:29   Link #54
Mirai
Sata Andagi!

Watch Da Capo. Watch it over Kanon! Watch anything over Kanon.

Kanon was so lame.. The characters were completly ugly and poorly drawn. They look rectangular at one time, and super round at others. The story was quite lame too. Go DC!
Old 2004-10-31, 23:06   Link #55
Koboshi38

I havent seen Da Capo but kanon was excellent It was very deep and meloncholy Most the time. I enjoyed it greatly and i also loves the chatachters as well. It also had some pretty nice animation.

I havent seen Da Capo yet Im downloading the first 8 episodes Right Now From what I hear it sounds like its equaly as good as kanon So im looking forward to it.

Another great series is maria Sama Ga Miteru Although its not really like these its an excellent show and I would recomend it to anyone who likes drama.
Old 2004-11-01, 16:53   Link #56
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

Kanon has become my second-favorite anime series! I really like it! Ayu and Mai are so adorable. I would love to hug them both!

As for Da Capo, I never saw it before. I have a feeling that even if I did, I would still like Kanon more.
Old 2004-11-01, 17:39   Link #57
音楽は死んだ
Boobies˛ = Fun

Send a message via Yahoo to 音楽は死んだ
I gave Da Capo a try but after abouy 2 eps I felt that it was a waste of my bandwith. Kanon on the otherhand is really interesting and gives you lots of tugs at your heart for your buck.
Old 2004-11-25, 16:41   Link #58
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

persevere!!! Da Capo gets really good after the 17th episode (which is recap) when they get rid of the side eps and get on with the REAL story
Old 2004-11-25, 23:20   Link #59
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Wow BME, from wat i can see you r really Belldandy Fan, Me too...i mean who wouldn't?? Ahem...a little off topic here hehehe...
I used to be a Belldandy Fan (first anime character I loved), but I have since "matured" and now, I love Lucy. Yes, that Lucy.

Back on topic, I like them both, if you have time, watch them both. But Da Capo has more atmosphere, and the special mini-eps at the end are really good animated shorts, ... pointless , yes, but very artistic.
Closed Thread