AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2012-05-17, 13:01   Link #1281
Nidhogg

The story did roam freely towards the end of what I hope is a story arc and NOT the series. What did happen to Clare and Priscilla? Wasn't this Clare's story? And not Miria's. If the fate of this series was decided by a bunch of fanboys in Japan, that sucks big time. What about the rest of the world? Don't we rate? I started reading Claymore back when volume #3 came out, does this mean that VIZ will drop the title too? It is going to be a loooonnnggg month until the next chapter gets released, if ever.
Nidhogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 13:18   Link #1282
Domvina

I hope Viz finishes the completed work. I just recently started the series myself and would hate for them to pull the plug just because it ended prematurely.
Domvina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 16:23   Link #1283
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

In case people have missed it, the announcement that Claymore was over was an error, a new chapter was released this month and the story continues.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:03   Link #1284
Nidhogg

Where is it?

Maybe I'm just being impatient, but where is chapter 127? I know it's out because I've already seen the teaser on the image thread and other posters have confirmed it. I haven't seen it yet on the usual sites where I read manga. Oh well, back to the garage to work on cosplay stuff.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:11   Link #1285
mrShady

Chapter is out... but the translation is utter crap.
Hope a new one comes out soon.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 11:37   Link #1286
Nidhogg

Wtf?

I wholeheartedly agree with you Mr. Shady, the scanlation of chapter 127 is utter crap. The weird sounding transliterations and constant font changes were annoying.
The part about Deneve exposing herself to Raki made little sense to me, he ran around with Clare for some time, he had to be aware of the scarring from the implantation surgery. He acted more surprised by Deneve's sudden disrobing than from seeing a scar that even Yagi himself has yet to portray, even though he has drawn several full frontal nudes of the warriors in past chapters. At least the series is still with us and I can cancel my trip to Japan to scold Yagi for leaving us hanging.
Old 2012-06-09, 12:21   Link #1287
Nidhogg

Much Better

I have seen the improved scanlations for chapter 127. NOW it makes more sense, and I can add this chapter to my ever growing folder of Claymore the manga to read until it comes out in actual printed, holdable, ownable form.
Raki has turned out to be quite the ladykiller, with all those little trainees crying over him. What a hound! I can see him getting caught between Priscilla and Clare, this could get ugly.
Old 2012-06-09, 13:32   Link #1288
mrShady

Able to understand me is.

Not that much development really. But at least the focus is back on Clare.

But like nidhogg said, I thought Raki already knew about whatever it is they have on their bodies.
And if Clare is to be revived like she used to be it's not like there's any other option then what Miria says can happen (which wouldn't really make it fun to read). However Clare also needs a power boost to be able to beat Priscilla or at the minimum to save her friends, but that would imply she doesn't get out of this "fusion" the same....

It's a bit weird though that there's no mention of the main lands and the war that's going on. No real set up for a new story line. It's almost like Yagi first wants to conclude Clare's storyline because he isn't sure he'll take the manga to the main lands.
Old 2012-06-10, 16:14   Link #1289
mrShady

Though none of the claymore's ever said they'd go there, their entire existance is because of this war on the main land. That's a sufficient enough plot device on it's own. Also there are plenty of other plotholes and answers left to be solved/answered which have to do with this main land. Leaving this untouched is just bad writing.
So I do believe this should be explored. However if it is it'll be several years before this manga will end and this will bring even more problems to this already troubled manga, which has a serious problem with its pacing and overextended storyline.
Old 2012-06-12, 09:27   Link #1290
mrShady

The only reason claymore's exist is because of the war on the main land and we recently learned that the claymore's and yoma all originate from this dragon tribe. Their entire cursed existance is because of those 2 forces. Personally I would like to take revenge. It's also likely that the main land is not letting their failed expirements just run free after all they've done. Besides to finish this manga all of this needs to be resolved.

The plotholes are more unexplained story elements rather than actual holes. Yagi needs to come clean and explain this entire universe instead of just writing around certain possible revelations. Because right now they result in plotholes because the mechanics aren't explained.
Old 2012-06-18, 12:05   Link #1291
Nidhogg

The comments about plotholes and lack of details about certain aspects of this manga are valid. Yagi depicts a medieval world where there is enough sophisticated industry to weave cloth and make plate armor for the Rabona city guards, yet they haven't figured out projectile throwing weapons; spear throwers, slings, archery or crossbows. (Even the most primitive modern human societies have had some form of archery.) Gunpowder is unknown, though in our world, artillery appeared by the middle 14th century. No organized food production or livestock other than horses is ever depicted, not once has a farm or a plowed field or even an orchard appeared. What do people do to get food? Except for Rabona there is no sign of organized defenses for protection against bandits. (unless Teresa wiped them all out in that nameless town) Bypassing the body's immune system; just how did the late and unlamented "Organization" fool the body's natural defenses into accepting an invasion of foreign flesh into the bodies of the warriors? Was it a combination of science and sorcery? I'm not saying Yagi has to bore us to death with minutiae, it wouldn't really help the story. These are just a few of the things I've noticed about our favorite manga.
Old 2012-07-02, 20:29   Link #1292
Nidhogg

You must be referring to Clarice (Colorhead) and Miata. Miata is or was the current #4, a child prodigy, she is very unstable mentally and emotionally. Clarice was assigned to be what is essentially her wet nurse and mother figure. Yes, this new story arc could prove to be interesting, what with all of the awakened beings now coming out of the woods and Priscilla reemerging from the Clare-Luciela-Rafaela amalgamation. Have a seat every one and enjoy the read!

On a side note: I attended AX 2012 this week end and did not see a single Claymore related cosplay! Ladies! We need to see warriors represented on the left coast!
Old 2012-07-11, 01:27   Link #1293
Aeris DJ
エルフ

Doesn't anyone find it weird that Galatea was able to sense Isley's youki dissappear, who was incredibly far away, and yet seemed surprised about the new abyssal one coming towards Rabona? Even the awakened ones could tell that it was coming, and even got faster. Not to mention that Miria and the gang got near the city and never showed any signs of having detected that huge amount of powerful awakened beings nearby.
Old 2012-08-04, 10:00   Link #1294
Walter
Wielder of paper-claymore

Send a message via MSN to Walter
Latest chapter finally showed us how scarring on bodies of claymores looks like and what do you know... it's really similar to how I figured it out years ago - http://walter-nest.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2721in
Old 2012-08-04, 12:05   Link #1295
Nidhogg

Chapter #129 we finally see the "Scar" depicted. After how many full frontal or near frontal nude portrayals of the warriors' bodies? There's still the question of how the immune system was suppressed or bypassed to allow such a major abdominal invasion to work or even be survived? Science? Sorcery? or a combination of both? Yagi has not alluded to sorcery thus far, so I have to conclude a "lost science". I'm afraid Yagi has raised more issues than he has laid to rest in this latest chapter.
Old 2012-08-04, 13:49   Link #1296
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

at last Raki meet Clare.... oh and Priscilia too....
Old 2012-08-05, 12:57   Link #1297
Nidhogg

Raki: "C, C, Clare... I missed you so,so,so, much!" GLOMP!
"AHEM!"
Raki: "Oh, Hi Priscilla! I didn't see you looming there."

Chapter #130 oughtta be a hoot. Between Clare AND Priscilla? Raki's life will be most interesting. Short, but interesting.

The revelation of the "scar" makes me wonder if awakened beings still have that scar, and does awakening complete the healing process in recovering from the surgery.

BTW, I have seen the image Walter refers to some time ago, yeah, he was pretty damn close in his depiction.
Old 2012-08-08, 19:46   Link #1298
astrallionheart

You can sew up the rest but why not just leave the opening on the bottom?
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 13:39   Link #1299
Nidhogg

Yeah, that would put a real cramp on things, wouldn't it.
Old 2012-08-12, 01:49   Link #1300
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
Yeah, that would put a real cramp on things, wouldn't it.
Cockblocked by stitches
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote