AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 02:00   Link #5401
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yeah, platooning actually helps make up for stupid teams. Aside form ES and Ute, I platooned with Kimi and his friend Sao, and we pretty much went on a 5 game streak. I'm back to where I was yesterday!

Which is to say I'm not going to push my luck any more.

P.S. I installed the full version of XVM, and now I understand how it can make people careless. For the duration of my time with Kimi and Sao, barring one game, we had win predictions well into the purple (with one game featuring a platoon of Havok guys)... which caused many to rush willy-nilly to the front lines. Our last match was a perfect example, where our win chance was 48%... which obviously caused the OTHER team to rush us piecemeal. The result? We won.

Simply put, use the damned thing as a supplement, and don't let it replace tactical thinking.
Old 2013-04-21, 02:59   Link #5402
Pen3

Never mind that Foch game i got a gooder one tonight. Wasted a lot of shots on the last t59 cause it was 350m and behind a dead tank. Had to switch to HE for the last 3 shots.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 05:53   Link #5403
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Finally got to 53.05 win rate.

54% win rate is not far away!
Old 2013-04-21, 07:31   Link #5404
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Sorry Kimi, but I wasted that effort by your friend. ^^; I'm down 4 games again. Seriously, the proliferation of seriously BAD players these past two days on high tiers are just unreal. And this isn't even counting XVM, which I'm having second thoughts post-install, as it's disheartening to see how you can be the only player who's green at times.

Though there have been hat-tricks. I've been in a battle with predicted 30% and 39% respectively, and somehow managed to pull out a hat trick on both, but those are pretty rare.
Old 2013-04-21, 07:52   Link #5405
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

IDK about you guys but i'm having issues keeping my win rate at a pure 54%, before my WR was around 54.1%, but now i'm struggling just to keep it above pure 54%.
Old 2013-04-21, 08:11   Link #5406
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

one day 67.4% WR

now I have to get at least 60% win rate a day or else I would feel pissed

Old 2013-04-21, 08:53   Link #5407
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Touma: Well not everyone can have continuously good luck or performance at the game, but man, it's just been bad this weekend. No getting around it. Whether you perform well despite of it is another matter, but if you're the only good player on the team, well...
Old 2013-04-21, 08:56   Link #5408
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I was asked to post this for someone who is currently unable to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-chan
Turning the tide

Images

Jagdpanther-chan Rampage

Images
Nice job!

Endless "Messenger" Soul
Old 2013-04-21, 09:27   Link #5409
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i need to find a stat padder tank and play it for awhile, maybe that will cheer me up. seal clubbing doesn't really do me much good. I also heard their nerfing derps, so I guess if it gets nerfed to a point where gold is useless, I suppose you'll see more ppl using HE derp or go to the 75er or 76er.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:32   Link #5410
Gravitas Free Zone

Let it be known, because I said it out loud to Endless Soul last night, that I refer to the high-tier French TDs as...

FLYING CHEESE WEDGES Δ Δ Δ.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 09:36   Link #5411
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Speaking of games with HORRIFIC odds (care of XVM):

Images

Like Pen3, I do take comfort in somehow beating the odds and coming out with a win. It's very rare, after all.

Ironically, bad teams are out in force these past two days. Gave me a migraine just thinking of it.

Another game that proves this point, that the win predict percentage can NEVER be trusted:

Images

Although XVM showed a high win % prediction, that match was actually VERY close, as the guys in the city couldn't hold it. We were lucky how the field was lightly defended, which allowed me, a Type 59, a Jagdtiger, and a Jadgpanther to sneak in and cap. And even then it was a close thing, as THREE tanks came charging back in just as we were close to winning (the IS-6, the KV-2, and the Tiger-P), and managed to reset once (by hitting the bigger target, the Jagdtiger), but we managed to blow two of them up as the KV-2 chickened out.
Old 2013-04-21, 09:57   Link #5412
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i think these past 2 days gave me a cold, i'm starting to cough from the bad games, and my win rate dropping made my nose all droopy and stuffy.
Old 2013-04-21, 10:18   Link #5413
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

More from today.

Seal clubbing par excellence. This was during a platoon with GhostieEye and Cumonmesempai (how lewd!). As you can see, the match was hilariously skewed in our favor, though we did still lose people. Surprisingly, only a few made for the hill, with the rest going through the middle or the north side.

By the way, only me in the B1 and GhostieEye in his T-28 actually went north.

Images

Also probably my best game on the Type 62 so far. This one was a VERY close thing, with me going north to a bush for passive spotting, with the Panther 2, Caernavon, T28, and the Ferdinand rushing forward... only to run into a ST-1, T69, ISU-152, and another Type 62.

I took a few potshots at the T69, then ran away when they saw me. They soon focused on the Panther 2 and the Caernavon, and didn't notice me when I went back to the SAME BUSH I was hiding in. Soon enough the Caernavon and the Panther 2 were down, and I was left on my own. I kept my fire until the ST-1 and the ISU passed, which of course they didn't notice me, which made them HUGE targets for my allies. I hit them as they passed, then hotfooted it back to the bridge once the T69 saw me.

Needless to say, the ISU and the ST-1 never got too far from where I was.

I swung around in an EXTREME circle south, and actually crossed the bridge, where I spotted the two arty south, and finally found the last one to the north (the GW panther). The last one, the M40 drowned itself before I found it.

Boy, what a game that was.

Images

Oh, and on a game I didn't manage to snag a screenshot on. I finally got the last gun on the E-75. but given the craziness of the weekend, I wasn't able to actually use it much. Then this afternoon I had one of the few games that had the E-75 on top. So what happens? The first tank I hit with it goes KABOOM with a lucky hit on the ammo rack. o_o

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-04-21 at 10:29.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:15   Link #5414
Gravitas Free Zone

Abusing your ammo capacity for fun and profit:

Our team lemming trained the Mountain Pass ice road from the north, the other team lemming trained the west road.

My Churchill III and a KV-1 stalled their advance on the west, while a TD covered the middle valley. By "stalled" I mean "we didn't kill anything." We were just there... and all I actually did was fire 48 rounds of 57mm at a choke point (no hits!) which actually scared people off from flanking us.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 11:43   Link #5415
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I was asked to post this for someone who is currently unable to.

Nice job!

Endless "Messenger" Soul
Her name is A-CHAN!! S-chan is different person

Last edited by RRW; 2013-04-21 at 11:56.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 12:00   Link #5416
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Her name is A-CHAN!! S-chan is different person
Maybe to you.
Old 2013-04-21, 12:03   Link #5417
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Maybe to you.
no it universally acknowledge

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 12:05   Link #5418
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Ah, but as one can see by my tag, I'm clearly in a different universe.
Old 2013-04-21, 12:51   Link #5419
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
More from today.

Seal clubbing par excellence. This was during a platoon with GhostieEye and Cumonmesempai (how lewd!). As you can see, the match was hilariously skewed in our favor, though we did still lose people. Surprisingly, only a few made for the hill, with the rest going through the middle or the north side.

By the way, only me in the B1 and GhostieEye in his T-28 actually went north.

Images

Also probably my best game on the Type 62 so far. This one was a VERY close thing, with me going north to a bush for passive spotting, with the Panther 2, Caernavon, T28, and the Ferdinand rushing forward... only to run into a ST-1, T69, ISU-152, and another Type 62.

I took a few potshots at the T69, then ran away when they saw me. They soon focused on the Panther 2 and the Caernavon, and didn't notice me when I went back to the SAME BUSH I was hiding in. Soon enough the Caernavon and the Panther 2 were down, and I was left on my own. I kept my fire until the ST-1 and the ISU passed, which of course they didn't notice me, which made them HUGE targets for my allies. I hit them as they passed, then hotfooted it back to the bridge once the T69 saw me.

Needless to say, the ISU and the ST-1 never got too far from where I was.

I swung around in an EXTREME circle south, and actually crossed the bridge, where I spotted the two arty south, and finally found the last one to the north (the GW panther). The last one, the M40 drowned itself before I found it.

Boy, what a game that was.

Images

Oh, and on a game I didn't manage to snag a screenshot on. I finally got the last gun on the E-75. but given the craziness of the weekend, I wasn't able to actually use it much. Then this afternoon I had one of the few games that had the E-75 on top. So what happens? The first tank I hit with it goes KABOOM with a lucky hit on the ammo rack. o_o
teru some day you will write a great book on tanks, the way you tell about your battles sounds almost like a story. also plz refrain from actually type that someone's name out, i think it may be offensive to some of the moderators. anyways makes me wonder why would even choose that name.

I'm thinkin about giving him some gold to change his name.
Old 2013-04-21, 15:36   Link #5420
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Maybe I should pay for a Lowe so I can stack money for my lower tanks to progress. Since I'm having such a money issue right now.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks