AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2006-12-02, 02:06   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
anyone else made thier orders yet or plan to buy vol1 when it release?
Well, it probably goes without saying, but I'll absolutely buy it (with the artbox) on release, even though I already bought the R2 DVDs. This genre is far too poorly represented in R1, so I definitely want to support the release (not to mention that, by all objective measures, this is a really great value). I'm looking forward to subjecting more people to "just the first two episodes..." and getting them hooked (which is why I think Funimation's putting the first two episodes up on their website is brilliant). So yes -- I'll absolutely be buying, and hope everyone else here does the same.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 01:24   Link #22
MindOnAir
~1000th Summer

I am really looking forward to this release, It's been like a year since I last watched it and I want to support this genre, and hopefully other series might get picked up as well.

btw does anyone know what the "premium" is in the Starter Set?
MindOnAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 06:18   Link #23
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindOnAir View Post
btw does anyone know what the "premium" is in the Starter Set?
I'm not aware there is anything more than the artbox in the Starter Set (neither RightStuf or Amazon list anything more).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 00:40   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Intresting. Vol1 isn't due out till the 19th but my order on Rightstuf said it has been ship.
Old 2006-12-07, 01:54   Link #25
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Intresting. Vol1 isn't due out till the 19th but my order on Rightstuf said it has been ship.
This is rather common for TRSI, they'll ship pre-orders sometimes a month in advance the moment they get their shipments. I remember pre-ordering something a few months ago that shipped a month and a half prior to street date.
Old 2006-12-07, 07:10   Link #26
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
As already mentioned by DarkCntry, it's not that unusual. It seems shipping around two weeks early is more the standard for a lot of the on-line stores (the ones that are more organised at least). A bunch of people awaiting for Kamichu Vol 4 (release date 19th December as well) had shipping confirmations emailed out on the 5th December by DVDPacific.

I believe that shops (brick and mortar) should wait until the release date before they put them on thier shelves but mail-order are allowed to ship early on the basis that they'll arrive on or around the official release date. It seems not uncommon for them to be shipped a couple of weeks early, the alternative for the on-line store is to have them taking up room in their warehouse so they might as well ship early, collect the money and give the purchaser a positive buzz.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 00:33   Link #27
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Thus far the only disappointment I have is the lack of anything special on the disc. Nothing, zippo, zero in terms of special things in the artbox either. Which is odd even for a low-key FUNi title.

After actually watching the disc, I found a few issues with it...lack of any special features is a real drawback but one I can overlook seeing as there are 5 episodes on the disc, the biggest problem I found was with the extras it did have, creditless opening and closing and trailers. The issue was that the creditless closing showed it as being Rumbling Hearts, which everyone knows is the ending to episode 2...sadly they either mislabled it or they picked the wrong scene to do (my guess being the former) because it's actually Hoshi no Waltz.

Oh well, guess FUNi's budget lies in FMA.

Last edited by DarkCntry; 2006-12-12 at 13:54. Reason: Adding addition comments
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 15:56   Link #28
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I finally got it. vol1 with artbox.

Now i am afraid of watching it again at least till i have vol2 and 3.
Old 2006-12-14, 23:36   Link #29
BOZZY

Just curious, but do the R1 DVDs include any of the extras from the R2 release?
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-15, 03:00   Link #30
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY View Post
Just curious, but do the R1 DVDs include any of the extras from the R2 release?
If you mean in-box releases, such as the children's book, then no. If you're talking about on-disc release, thus far all you get is the creditless opening and a mislabled ending.
Old 2006-12-18, 12:11   Link #31
Mentar
Banned

*placed the order for the R1*

I already own the R2s, but it's time to support Funi for finally picking up this must-have title, which at the same time is probably still a bit risky

I also like the fact that they went for only 3 DVDs for the 14 eps.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 14:39   Link #32
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry View Post
If you mean in-box releases, such as the children's book, then no. If you're talking about on-disc release, thus far all you get is the creditless opening and a mislabled ending.
Yeah, I was referring to the on-disc extras... Didn't the R2 releases include more than just the creditless OP and ED? I know the final disc had
Spoiler:
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 14:45   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY View Post
Yeah, I was referring to the on-disc extras... Didn't the R2 releases include more than just the creditless OP and ED? I know the final disc had
Spoiler:
THe first 5 R2 disc didn't have much more then the R1 release in terms of extras. Maybe a few trailers. As for the extra on the final disc. We wouldn't know until the final R1 disc is release.
Old 2006-12-21, 19:24   Link #34
Asrialys

I just bought the DVD (w/ box) today. I must admit that I have yet to watch this series, considering all the romance/harem series I've been downloading and watching. I jsut waited since I found out about its license. So I'll start watching it tonight probably.

"Betrayal is a Bitch." LOL What the heck?
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 19:34   Link #35
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
I just bought the DVD (w/ box) today. I must admit that I have yet to watch this series, considering all the romance/harem series I've been downloading and watching. I jsut waited since I found out about its license. So I'll start watching it tonight probably.

you are going to have so much fun waiting for the next volume
Old 2006-12-21, 19:54   Link #36
Asrialys

Quote:
you are going to have so much fun waiting for the next volume
Great...now I feel both excited and apprehensive.
Old 2006-12-22, 02:37   Link #37
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i picked up the limited box today and honestly, i was disappointed.

the tsukuyomi box set and the negima box set was so nice i really had my hopes up
for something really cool. just break my heart again why dont you.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 07:52   Link #38
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
I wasn't quite happy with that tagline...doesn't quite fit the story overall.
Old 2006-12-22, 12:30   Link #39
Perishthethought

Have you read the summary? It's even further off the mark. It reads like Takayuki's being mercilessly victimised and that his relationship with Mitsuki is entirely the product of some unholy union of guilt, rather than Mitsuki cracking under the stain of unrequited love and concern for Taka's survival. 'Fall into a relationship' they state, as though there was no foundation for its success in the first instance... I can't wait to read the later summaries, tells you a lot about the person who wrote them! I guess it's inevitable with a series like Kiminozo that evokes such strong reactions that whoever watches it for the purpose of providing a blurb is going to come away with strong feelings about it. Still, a degree of impartiality is required, surely?

In addition, have you seen the episode titles they've added?

1: Friends to Lovers, 2: Waiting, 3: Betrayed by Love, 4: Moving On and 5: Lead Astray

Lead astray?! Who's leading who astray? Oh the hilarity.

Last edited by Perishthethought; 2006-12-22 at 12:33. Reason: It seems like a Haruka fan has been writing the subtitles. For shame!
Perishthethought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 15:11   Link #40
Asrialys

Hm...anyone watch the dub yet? I actually just started a few minutes instead of last night. In the first episode, when Mitsuki and Takayuki are arguing in the beginning, does Mitsuki say "Poor Shinji has an abrasive boyfriend" or Poor shi* has an abrasive boyfriend?" LOL