AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 03:17   Link #36781
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Jak

Sorry not commenting, I have yet to read chapter 7 so I'm a bit confused.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:19   Link #36782
DarkJak2050

Just read it man, it ought to clear up some of the confussion...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 03:21   Link #36783
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: So who's unlikely? both?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 03:28   Link #36784
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sort of, they both have bad vice that Ichika won't be able to tolerate.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:32   Link #36785
demino_hellsin
That one guy

How about the quiet kid who does arts and crafts and even carpentry?

The idea is they both sort of just hit it off when Ichika compliments something the quiet kid made, and Ichika shares his bento with the guy when he hears the roaring stomach of the quiet kid. They sort of make a service trade. Ichika makes bentos for the kid and the kid makes stuff for Ichika on order.

@stratos: Senonami should probably be Sen-no-nami instead. With the current romanization of the name I rather imagine the name meaning "a thousand great waves" or something like that
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 03:48   Link #36786
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Would "Sen No Nami" work for in-story naming? I can understand that slapping the name into one would look weird but adding hyphens might be confusing.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:50   Link #36787
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Sen no Nami works fine.
Old 2012-09-10, 03:58   Link #36788
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Got it

Also, another short. The previous Athena had the Athena-cast having little relations to other people despite living in a humble town so:

Spoiler for Granny:

How does it look? (Especially the last line :P)
Old 2012-09-10, 05:24   Link #36789
DarkJak2050

Quick question; how would the IS Academy students react if they hear this:

"Oh, I'm sorry. Was that your spine?"
Old 2012-09-10, 05:37   Link #36790
Eratas123

@ Jak - IS academy students are no different from regular students, just more boy crazy. How would an average person react to hearing that?
Old 2012-09-10, 05:45   Link #36791
DarkJak2050

Sorry, I kept on having the whole "feminism" in the IS Universe.

You know? Since females can only use the IS (aside Ichika of course).
Old 2012-09-10, 05:50   Link #36792
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Regarding the feminism issue, we don't really see any major impact it has on the world outside of the ISA in canon, do we?

Either that or I missed some details... or I took Cecilia's initial boasting too lightly.
Old 2012-09-10, 05:54   Link #36793
Eratas123

Feminism =/= Having no standards. Thinking one gender is equal/superior to the other is not the same as being a violent and unfeeling ass.

The term you're looking for is "Psychotic", not "Feminist". Also, just because people COULD pilot an IS, doesn't mean they WOULD. I COULD grab a gun from my shelf and start rampaging, but I WON'T because I'm not an idiot.
Old 2012-09-10, 06:00   Link #36794
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Not really a good example to relate to but I suppose you made a point there. Then again, I still think there's not enough info in canon that would suggest any ongoing violent gender elitism on other parts of the world.

Still, that's just my 2 cents. Anyone who knows better may point me to the right direction.
Old 2012-09-10, 06:01   Link #36795
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Not really a good example to relate to but I suppose you made a point there. Then again, I still think there's not enough info in canon that would suggest any ongoing violent gender elitism on other parts of the world.

Still, that's just my 2 cents. Anyone who knows better may point me to the right direction.
The only problem is that Canon hardly gives us actual info on how society's outside of IS Academy because Canon is set through Ichika, and most of the time he's in IS Academy.

Although, there is this one part in Vol. 3 where Ichika and Charlotte went out shopping. It was cut out from the anime though. Too bad because it would've given those who only watched the anime atleast something to show what IS society's like for guys.
Old 2012-09-10, 06:07   Link #36796
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

As Eras would put it: Harem anime.

Not that I'm complaining about violent male-vs-female scenarios, was just wondering how the anime actually gave birth to that idea when it barely made shown any canon incidents that would suggest something like that going on.
Old 2012-09-10, 06:13   Link #36797
Eratas123

Canon examples:

"Men would lose in three days" quote.

Ichika being called an "untrained dog" by a bitchy customer.

Ichika mentioning that it's not uncommon for a guy to be smacked around by an unknown woman and no one coming to help.

Cecilia sees a man having to apologize and offer to buy a completely new pair of shoes for a woman simply because he grazed it by accident.
Old 2012-09-10, 06:17   Link #36798
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

First and last seemed trivial. But the second and third does set it off... Just what I need to understand Jak's sentiments.
Old 2012-09-10, 06:19   Link #36799
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

TO be fair, that's kind of extreme examples given. You don't see EVERYONE acting like that don't you? Ichika's harem notwithstanding.

I'll only admit it if every single female act like that, of which it's really, really call for human extinction.
Old 2012-09-10, 06:24   Link #36800
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Glass, all you need.

Also, another ISA scene. Help me out with the characters for this one, please:
Spoiler for Scene:

Everything good?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest