AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 12:44   Link #8941
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
However the omission is what really catches my eye... Where is Richard? aka Hoteye? Does his omission just mean they're villains and he's no longer with them due to that? Or does that mean Mashima has plans for him and therefore they can't reveal his comeback? Could he be the man in the Rabbit costume in Blue Pegasus? I hope so. Sure not definitive proof but it does make his return to the manga seem likely and sadly Cobra's return seem doubtful atm.
Richard isn't a bad guy anymore, and is probably happily living with his brother. Or remained in prison to serve his time, if the others escaped.

As for Mira's transformation, I don't have anything against the look, per se. It's nice seeing something new, but I'm wondering how they plan to show it as being different from the Satan Soul we already know. I was kinda hoping she had different demonic transformations, that would perhaps have her looking more and more like an actual demon.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 13:00   Link #8942
longguilol

Seems like everyone's down-playing the severity of the situation.

I mean, Jellal's a runaway fugitive with a death sentence to his name, not to mention, is the murderer of Simon and countless others

The fiend should not be roaming free
longguilol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 13:16   Link #8943
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Richard isn't a bad guy anymore, and is probably happily living with his brother. Or remained in prison to serve his time, if the others escaped.

As for Mira's transformation, I don't have anything against the look, per se. It's nice seeing something new, but I'm wondering how they plan to show it as being different from the Satan Soul we already know. I was kinda hoping she had different demonic transformations, that would perhaps have her looking more and more like an actual demon.
I think it's safe to say that any form of Take Over magic allows for different forms. I mean, it was obvious enough when Elfman turned his arm into different forms before using his Full-Body Take Over, and Lisanna can turn into all kinds of animals. And considering this is a manga-related thread...

Spoiler for Manga-only:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 13:29   Link #8944
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

For the Take Over Magic, while it is the same magic as a whole, there are different specializations. Same thing with Natsu and Macao. They both can be considered Fire Wizards but their specializations are different as, in how they apply it.

Mira has the Satan Soul specialization, aka Demon Soul. If one thinks about it like that, then Mira can transform into different demon forms using Satan Soul. The name just designates what specialty they use most often. As to how she got them to begin with...

Same thing with Elfman - his specialization is Beast Soul and he turns into beastmen/were-beasts of different varieties. Lisanna's is Animal Soul and she turns into various animals. So even if they use one as their primary when they transform, it doesn't mean that it is the sole form they use.
Old 2012-06-30, 14:19   Link #8945
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Noob question, but what's the deal with 72 transformations?
Mirajane's transformations seem to be named after the 72 Earls of Hell listed in the Ars Goetia from the Lesser Key of Solomon. Sitri and Halphas are two of these demons; that said, I wonder which one of these demons Mira's signature form is named after.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:21   Link #8946
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Noob question, but what's the deal with 72 transformations?
It's an ok question to make, don't worry. She, for now, doesn't have 72 transformations. I was saying that it wouldn't be surprising that she did have 72 since each of her forms is based on the info that immblueversion posted.
Old 2012-07-01, 10:11   Link #8947
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The HNNNG~ factor of this fight was great... Can't wait till we get to see it animated - at the end of the year... ><

So GS magic doesn't corrupt as I thought it might. Either that or Chelia is so 'good', it doesn't really affect her. Guess we have to wait to confirm if Orga is a GS himself or not since GS magic doesn't give off the 'Zeref' vibe.
Old 2012-07-01, 11:20   Link #8948
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Why does Laharl just conveniently show up with a bunch of Guards ...

Other then that, strangely i actually have no problems with what Doranbolt did. In fact, it would be WEIRD if he didn't. The previous chapter already showed him noticing Mystogan, and with all the info he had it would make perfect sense for him to give chase.

Loved how Erza kind of 'noticed' when Jellal was stopped and confronted by Doranbolt.

Oh wait, i love everything about Erza....

As for the fight, i actually thought [despite how much i wanted Wendy to win] that Chelia deserved a win, and that Mashima merely came up with some bs [okay, maybe not completely bs] reason to 'even' the battle and give it a draw so that Wendy doesn't look bad or something. Just my own picky 2 cents. For someone that overpowered to draw with someone else whom she had been completely pushing back for the majority of the fight from the beginning just seems ~meh~ to me, so yeah. Though i guess all that fatigue thing does make sense, just can't help but feel it wasn't a well deserved draw.

Despite saying that ... i acknowledge Wendy's determination so i'm not saying she doesn't 'deserve' that draw. But Fairy Tail's gotta lose at times! I get that Day3 is their day with all that epicness from the others but u gotta lose when u gotta lose [lol] ...
And don't bring up the 1st 2 days of the games where FT were losing.. I just felt like a lose is a lose, and so is a win. Just sayin, doesn't hurt to have Wendy lose.
Old 2012-07-01, 14:34   Link #8949
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Might not hurt overall but it would hurt me!!

Really, do you want to face a crying Wendy and try to see everyone consoling her afterward? I know everyone felt badmad when Lucy lost to Flare. It would cast a big downer on a lot of weekends (meta-speaking) if we had to see Wendy crying to herself because she lost...
Old 2012-07-02, 05:46   Link #8950
ReinhartX

i just hope in day 4 of the games a sabertooth member loses in the duel section....its about time.....
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 08:59   Link #8951
ronin myael
lost ronin

i wouldn't mind seeing the real mystogan again even if it means an asspull from mashima.
Old 2012-07-02, 12:07   Link #8952
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just wait until Natsu reaches dimension-breaking power levels, you'll see Mystogan waving from the cracks
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 16:56   Link #8953
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If that's the case, let's grab Nightwalker for a lil bit and have twin Erzas make havoc across Fiore.

In the words of Jason: "COOOOOOL!!"
Old 2012-07-03, 22:02   Link #8954
Auron Requies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
i wouldn't mind seeing the real mystogan again even if it means an asspull from mashima.
I agree. As much as I don't mind current jellal especially in mystogan disguise, I've always been fond of the original mystogan, especially with his underdog status as an S-CLass mage from Edolas. It'd be great to see him again if ever.
Auron Requies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 23:16   Link #8955
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Mirajane's transformations seem to be named after the 72 Earls of Hell listed in the Ars Goetia from the Lesser Key of Solomon. Sitri and Halphas are two of these demons; that said, I wonder which one of these demons Mira's signature form is named after.
Hmm wondering what they are going to have her do in her new anime form.

Prince Sitri recently manga form

Sitri is a Great Prince of Hell, and reigns over sixty legions of demons. He causes men to love women and vice versa, and makes them to show themselves naked if it is desired. He also reveals secrets of women, mocking them.
He is depicted with the face of a leopard and the wings of a griffin, but under the conjurer's request he changes into a very beautiful man.

She uses that form to beat a girl and due to the defeat that girl has to pose NAKED in a magazine. LOL, kind of sticking to the lore.

So lets look at this new form for the anime that Hiro conjured up and think what it may do.

Malthus (also Halphas, Malthas, or Malthous) is an Earl of Hell, commanding 26 legions of demons, who is said to have a rough voice when speaking. He is often depicted in the shape of a stork.

Malthus builds towers and fills them with ammunition and weapons, an armorer of sorts. He is a prince of Hell. He is also said to send his legions into battle, or to places designated by higher commanding demons.

Sounds like an Erza type of soul take over. Like she will be wipping out weapons or something.

Here is where i'm looking. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...the_Ars_Goetia Wonder if anyone can figure out what her form we were used to is called. I'm assuming its weaker than these new forms.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 13:21   Link #8956
palpatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
She uses that form to beat a girl and due to the defeat that girl has to pose NAKED in a magazine. LOL, kind of sticking to the lore.
Anyone else waiting for a cover where we get to see that particular photo shoot? *drools*
Old 2012-07-04, 18:51   Link #8957
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Just randomly had a new thought of who the rabbit could be that I don't think has been suggested yet...

Spoiler for idea:
Old 2012-07-05, 06:41   Link #8958
classic

Ryus, it was you who were saying about another forum where you are duscussing FT? Which is it?
About your thought
Spoiler for ?:
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 07:09   Link #8959
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatin View Post
Anyone else waiting for a cover where we get to see that particular photo shoot? *drools*
There's one already in the image thread, must be a few pages back now.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 07:12   Link #8960
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
i just hope in day 4 of the games a sabertooth member loses in the duel section....its about time.....
u kinda missed that already yukino lost and thats why natsu went apeshit on sabertooth cause after she lost and was told to strip and erase her mark. (yukino got some boobs on her) she went to lucy to give her the keys
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen