Notices

Old 2010-01-19, 22:50   Link #561
NaweG
Just some guy

Raws for 60 are in the normal places.

Spoiler for Chapter 60:
Old 2010-01-20, 14:59   Link #562
yongshun

Looks like all the walls Soyogi created for herself just crumbled. I have said it before but Soyogi just keep getting cuter and cuter with each chapter.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 15:30   Link #563
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great chapter.
Spoiler for Chapter 60:

I hope the overall story gets moving, like him having to choose or something. Time needs to go faster, these past few chapters have all taken place inside one day.
Old 2010-01-20, 15:51   Link #564
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Great chapter.
Spoiler for Chapter 60:

I hope the overall story gets moving, like him having to choose or something. Time needs to go faster, these past few chapters have all taken place inside one day.
He has already kissed all three before. This time he has given everyone a gift and as well kissed them on the ocean side

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 15:59   Link #565
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
He has already kissed all three before. This time he has given everyone a gift and as well kissed them on the ocean side
The other time with Soyogi wasn't with feeling, so I don't count it like the other two.
Old 2010-01-20, 16:58   Link #566
Direwolf18

There is a difference between a quick kiss and making out. This is the make out point.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 17:42   Link #567
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
There is a difference between a quick kiss and making out. This is the make out point.
With added tears.
Old 2010-01-20, 18:31   Link #568
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

plus with the perfect place for setting the mood as the background, I mean talk about what a way to sweep a lass off her feet

I guess I'll use the age old adage "Well I didn't think I could like a character anymore than I do but seems I can"
Old 2010-01-20, 19:36   Link #569
Nosauz

gah.... god damn that she devil soyogi stealing screen time from karin.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 21:27   Link #570
AlaAlba

chapter 60 is so cute. but this one made me think that Nagi is three timing .
I cant wait how it will end, the best one for the girls maybe a harem ending? ^^
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 21:47   Link #571
NaweG
Just some guy

OK, did anyone else pick up what the grandmother was saying? That Karin and Soyogi weren't going to "have to" be with the Dragon God since Shizuku agreed to be the Cape Maiden? That they could live "normal" lives? Seems like that might be an important plot point...
Old 2010-01-20, 22:52   Link #572
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
OK, did anyone else pick up what the grandmother was saying? That Karin and Soyogi weren't going to "have to" be with the Dragon God since Shizuku agreed to be the Cape Maiden? That they could live "normal" lives? Seems like that might be an important plot point...
naah, what the grandma want to tell is the later one, that Soyogi can live a normal lives like Karin, not "have to be with Ryuushin".

I was more surprised to what Nagi told Soyogi,
he told her that he likes Soyogi who acts like today.

this isnt a confession is it not? and Soyogi replied him that she likes him,lol. Nagi did the same thing when he told Shizuku he likes Shizuku with "that" smile the most.
. this is also not a confession I think.

damn playboy nagi...
Old 2010-01-20, 23:36   Link #573
Wrath88
Kissing...

So... Harem or Single girl? Although Koyogi might have expressed her emotions, it's not confirmed whether this is a one-off thing or if she'll suddenly go full out in competing with the other two.
Old 2010-01-21, 08:24   Link #574
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
gah.... god damn that she devil soyogi stealing screen time from Shizuku.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
naah, what the grandma want to tell is the later one, that Soyogi can live a normal lives like Karin, not "have to be with Ryuushin".

I was more surprised to what Nagi told Soyogi,
he told her that he likes Soyogi who acts like today.

this isnt a confession is it not? and Soyogi replied him that she likes him,lol. Nagi did the same thing when he told Shizuku he likes Shizuku with "that" smile the most.
. this is also not a confession I think.

damn playboy nagi...
Yeah, liking someone "today" is a strange thing to say. It makes me wonder if the translation was off, but the group that does this series is very good, so that isn't the case here. What Nagi said may become very important later on, or may make no difference, never being mentioned again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
So... Harem or Single girl? Although Koyogi might have expressed her emotions, it's not confirmed whether this is a one-off thing or if she'll suddenly go full out in competing with the other two.
It's war when she gets. Once the other two find out what happened...it's on!
Old 2010-01-21, 10:41   Link #575
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Grandma meant that she doesn't need to enter priesthood entirely since Shizuku had volunteered for the role, Shizuku moved out from her parent's to live alone as "Misaki no Miko".

I have a feeling that some childhood girl friend of Nagi from Tokyo who had a crush on him is going to visit the island to stir (further) commotion.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 11:15   Link #576
Nosauz

man... DragonZERO gtfo... and I'm serious, get your shizuku loving ship outta hear... no place for that crap here. Karen only, cuz you know she's the only who has really kissed the "ryuushin-sama"
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 11:25   Link #577
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
I have a feeling that some childhood girl friend of Nagi from Tokyo who had a crush on him is going to visit the island to stir (further) commotion.
Something from Nagi's past has to come. We have to learn a little about his life before the island. Another girl would be interesting, but might be over doing it a little. His father may play the role of linking his life on the island with his old life.
Old 2010-01-21, 13:13   Link #578
AlaAlba

Quote:
Grandma meant that she doesn't need to enter priesthood entirely since Shizuku had volunteered for the role, Shizuku moved out from her parent's to live alone as "Misaki no Miko".

how is that possible? he said he was on an all boys highschool remember?

well, we dont know if he went to a usual middleschool though... so there s still possibility
Old 2010-01-21, 18:20   Link #579
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Something from Nagi's past has to come. We have to learn a little about his life before the island. Another girl would be interesting, but might be over doing it a little. His father may play the role of linking his life on the island with his old life.
I agree a girl from the past would just push this story in the wrong direction, though then again it would make for some interesting development between the three main girls.

Wouldn't mind seeing what development his Father could bring to the table. Would be very interesting.
Old 2010-01-22, 01:17   Link #580
GreydonCreed

Quote:
If a female friend of Nagi's from Tokyo showed up, he would not walk away from the Maidens to be with her (unless he was previously seriously involved with her, which I really doubt - there has been no mention in the manga of a previous GF, for what it's worth).

At this point in the story, Nagi has developed strong feelings for the three Maidens, and he knows they have done likewise toward him. Nagi would have to be a total jerk to walk away from that without a very good reason.

If a new girl does show up, she would probably have the aforementioned crush on Nagi, who would probably not reciprocate the feelings. Storywise, she would be a duplicate of the role already filled by Kisaragi-sensei, which would be unlikely.

I also doubt that Nagi's father is going to show up anytime soon. He was dealt with too neatly by Oba-san for him to be causing problems at this stage of the story. Keep in mind, somehow Oba-san convinced him to deceive Nagi as to where he was going to be assigned for his job, and left him alone on the island to let Nagi get close the Maidens. It is more likely that he will be showing up near the end of story, when Nagi has to make serious decisions.

To go off on a different topic, Soyogi has come a long way from the way she was in the beginning of the story. Part of Soyogi's problem is that she was the most socially isolated of the Cape Maidens, even more so than Shizuku, who was supposed to be isolated/venerated/held in awe as the lead Maiden. While Karin had her little sister and granny close to her, and Shizuku had her secret stash of manga to show how people interact (especially young men and women), Soyogi had nothing to guide her on how to deal with Nagi, which is why she tends to be rather brusque in her interactions with him. And that is not limited to just Nagi; I'm pretty sure that Soyogi did not realize the female classmate that keeps coming over to her house is coming on to her.

I also have the feeling that if Nagi had to pick only one Maiden to be with (unlikely to happen - I hope), if they were not selected Karin would be depressed and love-sick for a while, but eventually get over it and Shizuku would be massively depressed and maybe not really ever get over it. Soyogi, however, would be almost totally destroyed - given her feelings for Nagi now, if she could not get him it would not surprise me if she curled up on her futon and died of a combination of heartbreak and losing the main purpose of her life - serving the Ryujin.

Here's hope for the polyamorous ending.
GreydonCreed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen