AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 23:41   Link #18961
Eratas123

Actually, I can see Tatenashi and Cecilia faking it on purpose for an excuse to do embarassing things and just say they were drunk later.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:45   Link #18962
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Actually, I can see Tatenashi and Cecilia faking it on purpose for an excuse to do embarassing things and just say they were drunk later.
Maya would probably do that to Ichika.... then again, she might actually be drunk....
Old 2012-01-21, 23:46   Link #18963
Eratas123

Chifuyu breaks up the party and asks them why they're drunk when the place stopped serving alcohol. Cue giant faceplant by Ichika.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:47   Link #18964
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: subverted, the dude is pissed that the main cast is killing off his paychecks
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 23:49   Link #18965
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Then that one would work.

-----------------------
Little bit of information from the Tech spec in m fanon

Not all I.S. use Rocket engines as main propulsion, not anymore anyway. This is because pure rocket are extremely inefficient in atmospheric combat (unless at extremely high altitude). Most I.S. use other form of propulsion, preferably a variant of air-breathing engine or a hybrid rocket design. All of them use energy (heat or electric) provided by I.S. core (or additional power source) to energize the air, so they can be used as working mass.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:50   Link #18966
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@age: subverted, the dude is pissed that the main cast is killing off his paychecks
Then so far.... so good... But he still existed for the sake of killing different dimension monsters.....

Give him a Crowe Broust(SRW Z hakai-hen) and you should be better off....
Old 2012-01-21, 23:52   Link #18967
Eratas123

Any idea why the IS have huge limbs?
Old 2012-01-21, 23:55   Link #18968
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I believe the leg extension contains propulsion for flight control and hydraulic system for smooth landing.

Those add about 50 cm or more to height. Shenlong lacks the propulsion I think (or they're just very small ), and it's leg extension are shorter.
Old 2012-01-21, 23:55   Link #18969
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: He doesn't exist for the sake of killing monsters. It's work. Everytime he kills a monster, he gets monetary equivalent to that monster. Everytime he uses his armor/weapons and gets upgrades, he has to pay the provider of his armor. So it kind of screws him over if he uses the armor and the main cast kills the monster
Old 2012-01-21, 23:57   Link #18970
Eratas123

What about arms?
Old 2012-01-22, 00:01   Link #18971
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The arms also has extension, meaning that the user's hands are located in the I.S. wrist or before it.

I don't know the function, maybe because large hands means it's easier to use I.S. weapon? (like say, Mass effect weapon are designed for aliens, hence the grip seems too fat for human to use)
Old 2012-01-22, 00:04   Link #18972
Eratas123

I wnder why the rest of the bodies are exposed.
Old 2012-01-22, 00:05   Link #18973
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@age: He doesn't exist for the sake of killing monsters. It's work. Everytime he kills a monster, he gets monetary equivalent to that monster. Everytime he uses his armor/weapons and gets upgrades, he has to pay the provider of his armor. So it kind of screws him over if he uses the armor and the main cast kills the monster
which is why I mention, give him a Crowe Broust(SRW Z hakai-hen) treatment....

His machine is made by the same company who paid him. Edit: (yay for capitalism )
His machine is high maintenance
He like flashy moves (Ammo wasting)

He don't like killing monster or his job(killing them), but it is the only job which paid him well enough to settle the debts.... unfortunately also the same job which land him into the debt in the first place.

For added bonus, you can highlight his financial plight (Drinking Sugar and water as a meal whenever people kill the monsters before he did.....)

Now, you have a reason why he is pissed.... Nobody like to drink sugar and water for a meal.

Edit: Also a character who share the same level of appreciation for food as Ichika (because he never get to eat good stuff...only stuff which he can afford)
Old 2012-01-22, 00:10   Link #18974
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I dunno about that really, I don't see why they don't bother to put armor at all. I literally scream when I relized as CHarlotte, the Revive's chest armor is removed....

It's Rule of Sexy and Fanservice, so most fans don't complain. Me on the other hand...

The canon explanation is that Armor is useless, but as we knew about Yuzuru's inconsistencies about everything related to Silver Gospel's existence, Gospel has incredibly strong armor...
Old 2012-01-22, 00:11   Link #18975
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: The dude is a cheapskate down to the core. I can imagine him actually saying something like "hey, hey you're scratching the paint!" when a monster hits him. Instead of sugar, he usually takes a packet of crackers for his meals. Sometimes he just chugs down a lot of water.

He's an absolute good for nothing that never passed for any other job. His only merit is that he's good in a brawl.
Old 2012-01-22, 00:13   Link #18976
agetreme
Just another Idiot

that's good. There you have it.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I dunno about that really, I don't see why they don't bother to put armor at all. I literally scream when I relized as CHarlotte, the Revive's chest armor is removed....

It's Rule of Sexy and Fanservice, so most fans don't complain. Me on the other hand...

The canon explanation is that Armor is useless, but as we knew about Yuzuru's inconsistencies about everything related to Silver Gospel's existence, Gospel has incredibly strong armor...
Probably because it has better energy shielding?
Old 2012-01-22, 00:13   Link #18977
Eratas123

@ Senpai - How come they don't throw up from all the spinning in midair? Even Ichika, who's a rookie pilot, had no problem spinning and dodging during his first fight.
Old 2012-01-22, 00:18   Link #18978
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Err... It has been explained in the Canon.

IS improve human's body, have hyper sensor and PIC

Which is why IS can do those stunts without the pilot being knocked out. Unlike conventional jet planes.

IS is also capable to transfer information into the pilot's head (which is why Queen virus(in my story) can infect humans too)

Edit Transfer information into pilot's head is probably why Ichika can pilot IS so well... it transfer basic information into the pilot's head but probably because humans' body can't comprehend all the information send, the information they received from the IS is incomplete and need lesson to fully understand...
Old 2012-01-22, 00:19   Link #18979
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Explained as the I.S. support all the body function.

If logic is working, this includes sense of balance. My fanon explores this further.

KuroGane for example is special, in that it's performance is BEYOND it's ability to support it's pilot. Highlighting how 'special' is Madoka, and the reason nobody can pilot it properly (not even Chifuyu, at least in theory, but in practice, she can use it just as good, if a little awkward)

@ Age

Anyway, no, Silver gospel's barrier never stated to be extraordinarily strong, it's armor is. Anime even shown up Gospel deflecting Houki's katana, and Houki had to resort of using energy-chewwing toe blade (Fold out Armor).
Old 2012-01-22, 00:23   Link #18980
Eratas123

What benefits do you think Ichika has as the only male IS pilot?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest