AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-13, 01:11   Link #8461
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
No, as I saw it, they are less of a King than Robert Baratheon is. Yeah, he sucks as a King, but at least he still did something. In fact, from what I have seen, they seem more like an eccentric mercenary than actual monarch, paid by fear and golds by the mortals to fight the immortals.

In a serious work, they would have this little thing known as "consequences" but as it is, no matter what they do there are no repercussion to any of their actions. But enough of that, I have already complained about that too many times. Campione! just isn't that kind of serious of a work, unless somehow, against all odds, everything up to this point was on purpose for a steady spiral to darkness, but I won't expect much in exchange for not asking much.
Consequences? You only need to worry about something like that when there exists someone with enough authorities to judge your actions, right? Even if Campione was a serious work, the only difference would be the clear description of the endless chaos and casualties caused by the gods and campione. All campiones would remain irresponsible, eccentric and care for no one but themselves. But in that case, their actions would be very creepy and terrifying instead of funny, because they would be all mass murderers who bring death and destruction to the world for their own satisfaction.

Last edited by Fwarlord; 2013-11-13 at 01:22.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 01:37   Link #8462
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

And those, are the parts that do managed to annoy me of the series. Don't get me wrong, I do like the series as a whole, but these parts and others fits way too much with the patters of Marty Stus and Mary Sues. One main thing is that having "consequences" is the one part that sets apart Sues/Stus from balanced characters. As I have said, I equates Divinity with Stu/Sue-ness. And most traits Stu and Sues have, I utterly detests them.

Well, I have hang around people who hates many kinds of bad writing, including that of Stus and Sues, and thus it rubs on me. When you have read, written, edited, and analyzed many stories, you simply just have a different kind of view on what had originally been fine to you.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 03:10   Link #8463
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
No, as I saw it, they are less of a King than Robert Baratheon is. Yeah, he sucks as a King, but at least he still did something. In fact, from what I have seen, they seem more like an eccentric mercenary than actual monarch, paid by fear and golds by the mortals to fight the immortals.
No way in hell Robert is better than the Campiones, when it was explicitly mentioned that he did nothing by way of ruling and left all the work to other people, except for fighting.

It's basically the same thing really, except Robert's faults caused a lot of issues after he died, while the Campiones, although troublemakers, haven't caused that degree of trouble.

Quote:
In a serious work, they would have this little thing known as "consequences"
Ironically the only Campione we've seen get punished for their excesses is Doni.

Quote:
Sigh, why can't these Kings and Queens acts like one for once? The closest one we got is with Uldin and Alec, and Alec is well... can't ask much seriousness from a harem series I suppose.
You've answered your own question. Apart from Uldin and Alec, no Campione is actually in a leadership position. Salvatore, Luo Hao, Godou and Voban are just figureheads that other people use to create a larger organization or stabilize an existing one, and in return they support them. Don't get too caught up in the whole 'King' business.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 03:58   Link #8464
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

At least Robert did something. There was the matters with Daenerys Targaryen and with Ned and the aftermath of his death. Though I am more on the opinion that it's Ned's honor, ineptitude in the 'game of thrones', and his ultimate death were the things that actually driven things to hell.

But in the end, I suppose I can agree with you but I seems to find it weird... why haven't we seen an actually terrible Campione thus far? The worst we've seen were Voban and he's somewhat of a stereotypical villain and still has some standards (or at least ambigous in motivation) compared to the likes of Joffrey, Jack Diehard, and Arturo.

While I still think the reason why things didn't go to hell like after Robert and Ned's death was only Artus, for all they said about Campione being tyrants we haven't seen much of actual competent tyrant Campiones.
Old 2013-11-13, 04:09   Link #8465
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Even if he learns martial art or swordmanship, it will not matter in battle between Gods and Godsslayer. Remember how Yinghuo said even Luo Hao( the strongest martial artist in the world) can not compete in martial art with war gods. Even how much you train in fighting of sword fight, it will not matter in battle of their level. That's why the Campiones have authorities.
And Godou isn't completely helpless against human either, he can fight pretty well gainst them. Just re-read vol 11.
Thats not quite true. What was said is that there exist war gods out there whose martial arts are superior. Not that she can't compete.

Anyway, learning martial arts or swordsmanship IS useful, but he won't be getting time to learn it to a useful level over the course of the series. That could take a decade or more, assuming he even has enough talent.

More importantly, he has a badass sword that he can't even use as a sword because when he actually does he swings it like a baseball bat. That's just sad. Also, Circe's prophecy/prediction stated he would wield a white sword along with the black one as a cross. That implies to me using them as physical weapons.

So my pet theory is that he is going to get a boost in this area through an authority or a "gift" from some future war god he defeats.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 05:18   Link #8466
Chris38

chapter 2 has been updated by zzhk.

And I have to say, that the newest translated part has a pretty good cliffhanger end.

It's also nice that we learn something more about JPS authorities, as well.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 09:15   Link #8467
bakapervert
A pervert

This authority of JPS seem different than the run of the mill authority. Not to mention it seems he got some additional baggage other than authority from his godslaying here.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:35   Link #8468
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Okay, Ch 2, part 2 seems to be conflicted cliffhanger to be honest.

Everyone thought that Annie only usurped the King Oberon’s ability to travel the Astral Plane as she pleases but to think that obligations of King Oberon were transferred to her as well. Maybe because of her personality, I guess.

Next, the “Deity” that lived in the astral plane, where they are right now, must be an important figure that keeps the records of history and the void. I only know 1 or 2 deities that fit the description but there might be many of them in different religion or a specific figure.

Spoiler for Duties of the Deity:

Spoiler for JPS:
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:41   Link #8469
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post

Spoiler for JPS:
It depended on whether she can take on 3 Campiones and survived. Godou won't be easy to take down, and definitely not Doni. Aisha may be less of a threat but she has more experience and that "detach from the time frame" move that make every attack useless on her.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:57   Link #8470
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Meh, it's in the past, Luo Hao wouldn't know. The best way to do that would be by cooperating with Artio or something. Well, that or by turning them against each other. Not too hard considering who they are. Just get them bicker to the point of tiredness then shoot all of her bullets, go into hiding until the bullets are replenished, and then do it again. Rinse and repeat. The only problem would be Aisha but since she's using the corrective power to detach from time frame, it is possible to request support from the deity.

But I doubt she'd actually do it. She'll probably try to get them to just go back to the future/present.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:03   Link #8471
Ddraig

Now I understand why JPS give her gun to Liliana cause she wont do it but instead give Liliana the task to bring them back or shoot them instead.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:08   Link #8472
Trung-t-rung

This is JPS we are talking about, Feng. She is not the type to do that kind of tactics. That guy is a Campione at heart. And Campione are the type who prefer direct, straight forward tactic instead of underhand ones.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:34   Link #8473
Fwarlord

Quote:
It depended on whether she can take on 3 Campiones and survived. Godou won't be easy to take down, and definitely not Doni. Aisha may be less of a threat but she has more experience and that "detach from the time frame" move that make every attack useless on her.
I don't think so, I believe Aisha is one of the strongest campiones so far, on ar with Voban and Luo Hao. She may act like a gentle maiden with no offensive authority, but the undeniable truth is a lot of gods have been killed by Aisha. Authorities a campiones received fit their personalities, so I guess Aisha must fight by somewhat indirect methods, for example, the authority to summon endless winter to freeze her enemies, the one that make her invulnerable to physical attacks or that to cast misfortune on others. Those kind of authorities will create great difficulty to her opponents, especially those who fight head on.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 12:31   Link #8474
uberchar

This is just random speculation but what if that corrective force Aisha was talking about is that deity in JPS's realm.
uberchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 12:44   Link #8475
nacer666

I think that the time keeper will get himself killed if he invoves himself in campione affairs.
nacer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 13:13   Link #8476
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberchar View Post
This is just random speculation but what if that corrective force Aisha was talking about is that deity in JPS's realm.
Had the same thought, maybe her authority is similar to JPS's, in addition to opening up gates to the past, her authority is also a contract with that deity at the same time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacer666 View Post
I think that the time keeper will get himself killed if he invoves himself in campione affairs.
The fact that they're in the boundary between life and death could mean that the deity is similar to Susanoo, a god who retired from being heretic. Would be funny if that deity rebels and returns to being a heretic god from doing too much work.
Old 2013-11-13, 16:05   Link #8477
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Quote:
This is JPS we are talking about, Feng. She is not the type to do that kind of tactics. That guy is a Campione at heart. And Campione are the type who prefer direct, straight forward tactic instead of underhand ones.
*Cough* Alec *Cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberchar View Post
Nah, seems like it's more of an exploitation of what that deity is trying to do but I don't know, maybe she's just using the natural corrective force, who knows. After all, if she is using that deity somehow, then how and why the hell did that deity let it happen? He could have made it to encompass more time and space or maybe just lock-up Aisha to that plane... or anything to prevent her from exploiting it so why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The fact that they're in the boundary between life and death could mean that the deity is similar to Susanoo, a god who retired from being heretic. Would be funny if that deity rebels and returns to being a heretic god from doing too much work.
Well, who knows. I felt more like he was a Proper God. His level of staying to duty seems to be much more than a Heretic God could have shown. Besides, I don't think a Heretic God could ever do something of his level. Not mentioning if he is a retired god, then what's the point of him doing his job?
Old 2013-11-13, 20:36   Link #8478
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Chapter 2 updated. Some Aisha service there. She was probably planning to wear Godou's shirt. And Ama no Murakumo reduced to being a cellphone for Godou to contact Ena. No wonder he feels irritated a bit.
I noticed the illustrations are out now but not yet complete. I always assumed Aisha to have longer hair. Must be her veil giving me that impression.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 21:15   Link #8479
II Maestro

Yes~! Update~!

Some of the illustrations are out too!

So Ama no Murakumo the divine sword is now a cellphone.

Another female Campione's naked body seen by Godou first from Nee-san Luo Hao next is the Imouto Aisha.
Old 2013-11-14, 01:55   Link #8480
Chris38

Lol... I guess it should have been obvious that something like that would happen.

Although ... Aisha wearing Godou's shirt ... that he wared before, has some meaning as well.

Not to mention, I guess it also means Godou managed to attract every single female Campione from his era, which is definitely some, pretty good achievement.

Finally, I guess that Ama no Tsuragi is a little frustrated at Godou for being used as cellphone, instead of being used in battle - but that will most likely change, near the end of this volume
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem