AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 16:03   Link #61
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
i'm more frustrated to not be able to keep any texts in the sig. the texts i put in before doesnt really affect anything in scrolling or bothers anyone
Assuming they view the forum full screen or at sufficient width that your signature text doesn't wrap under the image causing extra scrolling vertically. Or, if wrapping is prevented, causing the page to deform like large images do causing a degraded view or extra scrolling horizontally.

Though I'll concede that few people using the forum have screens of sufficient size to experience the problem with the current limits, even taking phones into account, and the number is probably trending downwards. No evidence for this however so it is all anecdotal.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 16:25   Link #62
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ so was the way my sig was before acceptable? Relentlessflame says it was too big.
take your sig for example, the text goes way off more than 600 pixels if you take those texts
into consideration like a picture sig.

mine from before, is just my sig 520x156 and with a few texts to the right side.
if you combine them together...the total width would be maybe at 620 pixels.
if that was acceptable, i can have my texts back? of course, if it's not, i'll accept the
down grade of back to just my 520x156 sig with no texts since there is just no room
to put them in.

my texts didnt make the screen have any extra scrolling vertically or horizontally;
they were all within the 160 height limitation. just not within the 600 width side. this
is just from view from my 1080p and 1600p monitors @ home. i'm not sure if it affects
phones and tablets since i dont use them.
Old 2013-09-04, 16:38   Link #63
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Sorry I wasn't being clear. Relentlessflame was correct. What I meant was it only looks okay to you because you have a screen big enough. On a smaller screen a wide signature might cause problems. Given we have to draw a line somewhere we choose 600px; so yes 620px (being over 600px) was too big. Even though 20px isn't much and seems finicky.

The sizes were set to ensure that signatures look okay even on smaller screens. The 600px width matches the banner we have at the top, so if someone is seeing the banner with a little space either side (and hence whole forum) as intended, a signature that is 600px or less shouldn't deform the page or cause wrapping.
Old 2013-09-04, 17:04   Link #64
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ oh ok. thanks for clearing that up for me. and here i thought i can maybe get my texts back... :>
i didn't take in phones and tablets into consideration, that was on me. no wonder so many people doesn't like bigger sigs.

i still feels like i'm the only one here wanting bigger sigs so badly, just so i can fit in a little texts. yes, i know forum
are meant mostly for reading. but someone like me actually likes starring at sigs for
their artistic value and would love for bigger sigs, but seeing how they can distract
others, either it be scrolling down some more pixels or getting in the way of their phones/tablets,
i can see where they're coming from.

i'm going to sit this one out. doesnt seem like the majority wants an increase in sig size anyways.
i feel so out of place.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:14   Link #65
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The only concern I have regarding signatures is how I can have a "large" signature but still have enough space below it for text. I'm meant separate from each other like my current signature. I'm forced to shrike it to have enough space..... Widening was never a problem in my signatures.... It's the height that bothers me...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:27   Link #66
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
i'm going to sit this one out. doesnt seem like the majority wants an increase in sig size anyways.
i feel so out of place.
count me in on that one. I make sigs/tags too. Bigger canvass makes it easier for us to make something. The limitation creates some sort of challenge, which I like I guess. So I'm fine with it.

But hey... if everyone else feels it's unnecessary, then I would just have to live with that.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 09:46   Link #67
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Never thought that this would happen.

Thanks for the size limit upgrade. Signature no longer feels cramped.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 05:32   Link #68
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Wait. TBI change also applied in profile PIC?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 07:05   Link #69
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

If you mean the size limit change, yes; profile pictures are generally kept in sync with avatars.
Old 2013-12-16, 12:34   Link #70
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Sorry to be a nuisance but how many posts do you need for your sig to show up? Or do you have to be registered for a x amount of days before it is viewable? Thank you.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-12-16 at 15:36.
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 15:39   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Sorry to be a nuisance but how many posts do you need for your sig to show up? Or do you have to be registered for a x amount of days before it is viewable? Thank you.
In theory the answer is "none", but if you didn't have a signature to begin with, your existing posts won't be updated to show a signature unless you edit them and click the "Show your signature" checkbox, which doesn't even show up as a choice if your signature is blank.

Also, if you upload a signature using the upload tool, you need to make sure that the actual body of the signature text contains this code:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This should happen by default, but if you were to delete it, it would count again as a "blank" signature.

Anyway... all that to say that I fixed it up for you now for this post, and should work for you going forward.
Old 2014-01-25, 23:32   Link #72
c933103
FTNR

is there an option to show signature in zoomed size when linking to third-party dynamically updating image?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 07:55   Link #73
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
is there an option to show signature in zoomed size when linking to third-party dynamically updating image?
Unless it's for something like MAL style sigs dynamic images are generally against the rules for sigs and such an option would probably be on the 3rd party site, as the forums' image tags wouldn't provide tools to edit something like that.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 12:58   Link #74
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Unless it's for something like MAL style sigs dynamic images are generally against the rules for sigs and such an option would probably be on the 3rd party site, as the forums' image tags wouldn't provide tools to edit something like that.
It's pretty much MAL style...as my current sig. The site does not provide height customization option..
Old 2014-01-26, 16:05   Link #75
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
It's pretty much MAL style...as my current sig. The site does not provide height customization option..
Sorry, if it isn't within the permitted dimensions, then it can't be used at all. I deleted your signature.
Old 2014-01-26, 21:02   Link #76
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Sorry, if it isn't within the permitted dimensions, then it can't be used at all. I deleted your signature.
..isn't the forum automatically crop sigs..?
Old 2014-01-27, 02:42   Link #77
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
..isn't the forum automatically crop sigs..?
[sigpic] automatically does it or doesn't allow it, but 3rd party images aren't autocropped. ([sigpic] doesn't work with dynamic images)
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 13:40   Link #78
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
[sigpic] automatically does it or doesn't allow it, but 3rd party images aren't autocropped. ([sigpic] doesn't work with dynamic images)
I mean, when i link to that sigs which's slightly exceeded the sigs size limit, isn't the apparent height still below 160px?
Old 2014-01-28, 03:49   Link #79
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I mean, when i link to that sigs which's slightly exceeded the sigs size limit, isn't the apparent height still below 160px?
It's not just a matter of "apparent height" otherwise people could have signatures of enormous size (both dimensions and file size) just "auto-cropped". The actual image itself has to obey the dimensional rules, regardless of whether it'll be cropped upon presentation.

Tags
avatar, avatar size, forum settings, rules, signature