AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-06-05, 08:42   Link #381
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I think there is probably too much noise when they make the tier list and some bias are accounted in there.
For instance, it doesn't make sense for Est to be so high. She has garbage speed for a frontline blue flying unit, yet she is ranked as high as Cordelia.
This is like putting Spring Lucina and Bride Shiida to the same rank as Linde, which wouldn't make sense either.

So yeah, the tier list is just not accurate at all.

Meanwhile, Vortex mode will finally be implemented on 6/8, and apparently, Marth!Lucina (5*) is one of the rewards.
Old 2017-06-05, 09:07   Link #382
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Any tier list where Lyn is not S+ is trash!! Trash I said!! ........ ....... Okay, sorry, I lied.... I know she's not very good, but she and bride Lyn will always be S+ for me!
Old 2017-06-05, 09:39   Link #383
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Huh, Tempest trials have a new seal that will just screw the meta even more: reduce special countdown by 1 at the start of the match.

Basically, unless you have a TA green unit, Julia or someone somehow within vantage range, Reinhardt will definitely KO anyone if you bait him.
Great.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-06-05 at 09:52.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 18:27   Link #384
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Huh, Tempest trials have a new seal that will just screw the meta even more: reduce special countdown by 1 at the start of the match.

Basically, unless you have a TA green unit, Julia or someone somehow within vantage range, Reinhardt will definitely KO anyone if you bait him.
Great.
Only if people switch to using Moonbow (which they probably will for defense, at least). All the builds I see run either Luna or Draconic Aura (I think that's the one, I always confuse Aura and Fang), since before now there was nearly zero difference between 2 cooldown and 3 cooldown.

That said, this is making me edge even harder towards TA Anna. Not counting specials, she takes all of 1 damage per hit from Reinhardt and 2 from a +Atk Reinhardt. Helps that I'm basically out of Fury fodder.

I'm more interested in how much this will help Miracle, Galeforce, and Aether. The difference between 4 and 5 is absolutely massive, especially on a Brave user.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 20:27   Link #385
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As someone who has Galeforce/Aether on his core 3... very little. I only use those two to boost my arena point scores, since I'm OCD about having 'same power' units and so don't like to merge.

Seriously speaking though, switching to Aether on my main attackers changed very little; as such, me not depending on specials to kill wouldn't make a difference if it charged one turn faster. Like sure there were times when I wanted DAura to get the kill with my Julia on a disadvantaged matchup, but (with a +ATK buff) worth the 1 ATK that would make her miss the OHKO on all variants of Fury Tikis, neutral IV non-fury Ninos, and other stuff I forget? No way at all....

...wait a minute, actually, now that I think about it, maybe it's worth forgoing the 1 ATK, since I'm going against merged teams anyway. So like my spiel about Lilina/Sanaki, just min/maxing OHKO for the +0 matches may actually be wrong. Its going to to take some playstesting to be sure, but if we're theorycrafting...

For me personally, I think it would be much more use for Galeforce than Aether, since technically Galeforce is a 4 charge special. By that I mean once you get it to 0 charges, it auto activates as long as you're on the initiative, while Aether you need it to get to 0 and THEN attack to use it. Just a shame only melee weapons can use Galeforce... so only my dancer would actually benefit.

It's a godsend on defense teams though, as it's easy to hit the max rewards and so don't have to equip tier 3 specials. So while actually playtesting may yield different results, but as of now I'm theorycrafting that the -1 charge will unlikely see on the offense, but would be a nasty surprise sometimes leading to a loss of a unit.

Like screw Reinhardt, who usually overkills people anyways. What about omni-counter units with a 1 charge reprisal? I'm not relishing the idea of going against a Hector without desperation up, and my Tharja gets OHKO on the counter. Like my +0 Tharja DEF bane survives with 2 hp against a +0 ATK boon Hector... meaning merged or Armorbuffed Hectors WILL OHKO unless I find some other way to get Desperation up. Ach, this is a nightmare!

On another note, I actually feel so dumb sending home my Chroms. I looked through his passives and thought, man, he's useless as SI fodder. I forgot to look at his goddamn special, since I thought he's like Marth and doesn't get any. Now I don't have tier 3 specials to give to my story characters....

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 20:48   Link #386
GDB

I almost used Chrom to give Aether to Bride Cordelia... then I realized it was locked behind being 5-star, and screw that.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 08:36   Link #387
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

100k points to get highest tier rewards, when I only get 700 points with A survival/speed? That's roughly 10 days worth of stamina, JUST on Tempest Trials. That's some intense grinding...

Aether works wonders on TT, since you get to use it like every other map. Even having it semi charged at map 6 makes it a life saver on map 7. Healing AND more damage in one skill is really impressive on long string of battles such as this mode.

But yeah, Julia is starting to fall off real hard with the higher stat totals. Thinking of giving her Triangle Adept just for the run, but I'm still afraid of Klein who otherwise ORKOs my Tharja on the counter. Not having deathblow may make her miss the ORKO... it's REAL hard to min/max when you don't know the upper limits of the enemy's stats.

Old 2017-06-08, 10:52   Link #388
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I can't win the highest difficulty one..... Oh well, I guess I'll forfeit that 15 orbs and concentrate on getting masked marth SSR
Old 2017-06-08, 11:18   Link #389
IceHism

I usually take a healer for the first 6 maps and then pull out my cavalry team on map 7. Works 100% of the time for me but it's slow. Doesn't really bother me though.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 16:42   Link #390
Tenzen12

I am using 3 teams, I could probably with two but, it would mean ditch Tharja. Once her Suicide squad fall apart flier emblem can get me to final round with virtually no damage.

Than blade cavalry of course.
Old 2017-06-08, 19:05   Link #391
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I guess I must be an anomaly then, since I only need healer + my core 3 (Azura, Tharja, Julia) UNLESS I really screwed up. Like attacking into Miracle/Wrathful staff healer thinking she'd die without checking the forecast, kind of messing up. Echoes REALLY gave me bad habits, as Turnwheel was frigging OP even with only like 5 charges, much less the dozen they gave you be end game.

Now I do wish I trained up my other Julia (sadly bad IVs) to companion my other Tharja in the case I do screw up. Too late now, since those stamina points are better spent trying to get more TT points, as even now I'm balking at the 100k benchmark. o_O

Old 2017-06-10, 07:47   Link #392
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

TT are really easy once you figure out your teams. I run a team to get up to 7 (dancer, healer, Cecilia, Reinhardt) and then run one optimized to take down Veronica (as well as the rest). Usually results in a B~C or the occasional A or E in speed, depending on enemy team compositions. Multiple high res units are very bad for me but anything else is a breeze.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 10:12   Link #393
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

my main team can't clear 6 rounds >< Always die on 4 or 5 ><
Old 2017-06-10, 19:40   Link #394
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

What comp you run? Hard to say what to do not knowing what units are available to you. XD

IMO a dancer is a must to reach Speed A, and makes it easier to avoid unwanted enemy phase attacks by having a ranged unit attack --> dance the ranged unit --> move ranged unit behind dancer and use reposition/drawback on the dancer.

Also need a sweeper. Currently Bowdelia is the universal sweeper, but anyone with high enough ATK with brave bow works. Bladetome users can sweep as well if your team is built that way, though the maps are rife with TA/gem weapons, so you need a back up unit.

I imagine a core of something like (thinking of budget units here) Olivia/Nino/MRobin + rehabilitate healer should at least get you to map 7, assuming you can give hone spd on the healer (preferred) or at the very least MRobin. One you're at map 7, you can cheese it by surrendering with dummy units until you're on your last try, and then put out your arena starters.

Man, I'm starting to lose focus on the grind. Even wiped on the very first map because of poor decisions. Arena is easy because you can put all your focus on three battles a day. This one is like 105 battles every 24 hours lulz. Now I'm thinking of sacrificing my Lucius/Maria just to put Miracle on my carries, since while the heal is useful from Aether, surviving that one mistake may be the difference between a perfect run and 500 points.

Old 2017-06-10, 20:48   Link #395
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Main team is Lyn, Ephraim, Nino, and bride Lyn. Some map I can clear easily, certain map with a choke point and lots of mage enemy composition make me lose one or two unit if it come after 4th round, and it just keep getting worse after that because losing one unit means I have no counter to a color anymore

Veronica map, I usually run Sanaki(perfect counter to veronica), Linde, Fae(because I have no other green), and Olivia. I usually have trouble when there's a Jeigan or other blue unit with high res.
Old 2017-06-11, 21:36   Link #396
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

IMO switch out Lyn with Olivia. I know she's your waifu, but there's still Arena for Waifu wars, or just use her as your last ditch effort team to save the day.

This is because I assume you use Ephraim to buff Nino (Hone SPD C skill + Hone RES seal?), then let Nino (you are running Desperation right?) sweep the map. Having Olivia to dance her away to safety (then Nino drawbacking Olivia to safety) would save you A LOT of headaches, while you have a tough unit in Ephraim to take care of problematic reds that come in your way.

Seriously, Olivia/Ephraim/Nino/BLyn should easily take you to map 7, if not clear map 7 with relative ease. Even with just Ephraim buffing her (+3 ATK, +4 SPD, +2 RES), Nino should have effective 58 ATK with 40 SPD at neutral IV, enough to murderize most enemies. Just this small adjustment would make your life so much easier.

Old 2017-06-12, 09:46   Link #397
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

B-but....my S+ rank Lyn......

I know you're right of course I guess I'll give a try next round. Anyway, got two hinata from doing full gacha roll on current banner looking for Reinhart(of course he won't show up) because I have 220 orbs(I always keep at least 200 for that new Lyn everyone say will come). Who will be good Fury recipient? Is nino good for it? I'm thinking of giving one to Lyn, but I think Deathblow will be better skill for her.... damn Klein won't show up though, even though I need 3 of them(Lyn, Camilla, Hinoka).....
Old 2017-06-12, 18:53   Link #398
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Spent a little over 60k feathers on optimizing Anna, I feel satisfied.
Old 2017-06-13, 10:16   Link #399
kaisis

Here's my main team that can consistently get the 705 score unless I screw up or RNG hates me:
Olivia (Fury, Swordbreaker, Ruby Sword +)
Julia (Fury, G Tomebreaker, Dragon Fang)
MRobin (TA, Swordbreaker)
Lucina (Fury, Renewal, Ardent Sacrifice)

Lucina is the main healer since she self-heals 20 hp at the start of every fight. She helps take down Greens and can 1round Veronica with an Aether Proc. Likewise, if Julia's special cd is at 2, she can bait Veronica and the Dragonfang Proc + hit will take her down.

MRobin to clean up all the reds and colorless.

Olivia to dance up everyone to speed things along, allow Lucina to heal up more for the next round, and as an emergency solution to Veronica if necessary.
kaisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 18:17   Link #400
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I've had a +ATK -RES Lucina as my reroll unit, but I can't for the life of me pull a Fae despite going for Hector and Julia in their banners. So yeah, I wanted to make Healercina for so long, but alas.... :'(

But yeah, 2 color mages + dancer + healer is the easiest way to get 705s. If you don't run fury, I found Miracle to be the #1 MVP special for your sweeper, since you can pretty much use that unit for baiting without much worries, and you can plan around taking one otherwise fatal hit in the final battle. Heck sometimes I screw up and it became 1v1 Tharja vs Veronica, and as long as Tharja had >1hp and miracle up, it's a guaranteed win.

Now I'm thinking for the next Tempest Trial batch, I'mma gonna train Linde as my pocket healer. Reinhardt is much stronger as a sweeper, but Linde doubles as a healer on top of being a damage unit. Which allows a core of Olivia as the Dancer and Nino as the Sweeper, leaving open the bonus unit (which I wouldn't care in this team as long as I can give them Hone SPD).

Unluckily, I was stupid and sent home some Ninos when I didn't have space. I think I have three Ninos left, and only one of them is +SPD, but sadly -DEF. Meaning even with Fury, Hector oneshots her. Not sure if it's worth 5 starring that particular Nino... need to wait until there's a good green banner.

Upon learning of the crappy banner next week, I decided to pull on this banner. Got a Reinhardt in Vantage banner, but sadle it's +HP -DEF. Then decided to spend the rest on the bride banner (blue and colorless pulls), and I got -ATK BCord, a BLyn, +ATK Ephraim, and Neutral Elise. Gah, think I'm going to save my money, since BCord (or any Brave user for the matter) isn't all that great on EP. For TT, maybe 40% of my kills are on EP on the bait, so while she sweeps better on PP, being a liability on EP makes me think it isn't worth the money.

Did I mention how I hate the new banner? I'm not going to enjoy Panic Ploy in the next batch of TT, I tell you. Sure Panic (and other ailments) can be worked around by waiting then dancing, but it's still a turn wasted. It's like Wings of Mercy; yes, it's useful to the player, but on the defense it becomes much more powerful.

As for Arena, just note that unmerged story unit + 2 mages + 1 dancer can easily get you to Tier 20, despite crap BSTs, as long as you equip the mages/dancer with Aether/Galeforce. Ran 4850 last week, but as that's sub 600 on T19, it's unlikely to keep me in T20 (where the cutoff is top 400).

I guess I could merge my Tharjas, but going in and out of T20 is just a difference of 500 feathers every week on average. Not worth seeing my team with uneven +numbers... XD

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy