AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-04, 03:34   Link #421
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Bah! Yesterday I could use a VPN to log in, then close the VPN and launch the game. No longer possible. Have to have it running all the time now. Well, I might be able to turn it off after my character loads. I tried turning it off at the character select screen and that didn't go so well.

Also had to put in a support ticket because I didn't get my pre-order bonuses.

At least this game is fun. Even with my lag I'm doing okay. Only died during the prologue. I've cleared the starting island and am level 12, no deaths, on my Elin Archer. Did everything solo. This early leveling is SO much better than WoW/Aion/Rift.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 04:22   Link #422
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
If you are worried about leveling being too slow, quests provide tons of exp, so look around to see if any NPC needs your help. That should get you through most areas pretty easily. Starting at around level 20, you can start doing instances and fighting BAMs to get substantial amounts of experience per run/kill. It's mighty slow and frankly not worth it for some classes (don't solo BAMs as Lancer, you will take an eon to kill it if you are around the same level), but its another path if you hate questing.

As for which server, Dist, Hooves, and I are on the Dragonfall server if you are into PvE. As for PvP, I have no idea. They seem to be hugely popular and I've heard that there are massive queues to get into the PvP servers quite often.

Another update on my character:

Level 40 \o/
The cuteness is staggering @_@;;

I've liked almost all of the plate armors I've used since level 22 or so, I find that the hair down + skirt + skirt flap-things is too adorable
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 04:46   Link #423
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
Bah! Yesterday I could use a VPN to log in, then close the VPN and launch the game. No longer possible. Have to have it running all the time now. Well, I might be able to turn it off after my character loads. I tried turning it off at the character select screen and that didn't go so well.

Also had to put in a support ticket because I didn't get my pre-order bonuses.

At least this game is fun. Even with my lag I'm doing okay. Only died during the prologue. I've cleared the starting island and am level 12, no deaths, on my Elin Archer. Did everything solo. This early leveling is SO much better than WoW/Aion/Rift.
You didn't get them or you didn't just know where to look? Go to Item Claim and they will be there, if you actually bought the game before it went to launch.

Also no, it's not gonna work. When you turn off the VPN, it changes to your local connection. It's never instant like it's when a packet or two is lost due dodgy connection, and you will definitely dc. So if you turn off the VPN while playing, with 99% chance it will disconnect you from game.

But in the first place, why play with VPN? If you live in Asia for example, you could've played on EU servers that have no blocks in place.
Old 2012-05-04, 04:48   Link #424
Mow Yun

I've heard nothing but bad things about Frogster, and it seems like more people from AS play on the NA servers than on the EU servers. There's plenty of Europeans who play on the NA servers, it seems.
Old 2012-05-04, 05:30   Link #425
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
You didn't get them or you didn't just know where to look? Go to Item Claim and they will be there, if you actually bought the game before it went to launch.
I know where to look and my CE items are there. I did not get the pre-order items even though I entered my pre-order code (from Amazon) before the game launched. What I think happened and I noted in my ticket was entering the pre-order code made a new account and it needs to be merged with my CE account. I have an account called TERA and one called TERA 2 which is just a trial that I never added.

Quote:
Also no, it's not gonna work. When you turn off the VPN, it changes to your local connection. It's never instant like it's when a packet or two is lost due dodgy connection, and you will definitely dc. So if you turn off the VPN while playing, with 99% chance it will disconnect you from game.
Damn that's lame. The extra lag wasn't that bad though. I just don't understand why they changed it. >.<

Quote:
But in the first place, why play with VPN? If you live in Asia for example, you could've played on EU servers that have no blocks in place.
And I'm playing on the American server because I'm American, just living in Thailand. And yeah, I hear Frogster isn't the best.

Here's my Elin:
Spoiler for images:
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 07:39   Link #426
SoulofSomfing

Quote:
I know where to look and my CE items are there. I did not get the pre-order items even though I entered my pre-order code (from Amazon) before the game launched. What I think happened and I noted in my ticket was entering the pre-order code made a new account and it needs to be merged with my CE account. I have an account called TERA and one called TERA 2 which is just a trial that I never added.

Damn that's lame. The extra lag wasn't that bad though. I just don't understand why they changed it. >.<

And I'm playing on the American server because I'm American, just living in Thailand. And yeah, I hear Frogster isn't the best.

Here's my Elin:
Spoiler for images:
wow...the shorts ur elin wearing look out of place... it doesnt look detailed and shiny like the rest of the gear shes wearing, must b the fail censoring im hearing about...o well theres a mod for that too as well
Old 2012-05-04, 11:51   Link #427
Mow Yun

Quote:

Here's my Elin:
Spoiler for images:
You may have accidentallly applied hte pre order bonus to the wrong account. Happened to me I just contacted their support and they fixed it up for me real quick. Though that was in beta, their support might be swamped with issues righ tnow.
Old 2012-05-04, 13:44   Link #428
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Since we're sharing...

Images
Behold the lowbie..
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-04 at 16:15.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 15:28   Link #429
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Wow, almost everyone on asuki picked elin. I am so not surprised. I wish the cloth armor was half as attractive as the heavy armor. The devs seem to really like the high-collared, midriff-revealing design because it's pretty much everywhere. Thank goodness for equipment remodeling.

Speaking of elin, I queued for CR last night while soloing bams and farming potion mats and when I got into the group, the party was all elin.

Images
loli power :D

For some reason the lancer ended up bailing after the second boss and we decided to finish the rest of the instance with four and the dps-glyphed warrior tanking. Actually, it meant that I was tanking for most of the fights, or rather kiting and nuking on the run and when the warrior's high-aggro move came up dropping an overchanneled fireblast. None of the other bosses proved to be a challenge, which is funny as I've seen full groups wipe on the big blue robot Bonus Boss with a lancer tank.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-04 at 16:16.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 16:05   Link #430
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I was in a group filled with Elin on my human I kept teasing them on being small. and the latter part of SM i started climbing first and went down to every elin and went "Giggity" we all laughed and had a blast.
Old 2012-05-04, 16:18   Link #431
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, just a random aside; you may not know the forum has an [images] tag now specially to put optional images in posts. The big advantage is that the image will only load if someone clicks on the tag, as opposed to the spoiler tag (which is poorly labelled for the cause anyway). So instead of using spoiler tags, it'd be great if people could use the images tag from now on. We'll probably add a button for this soon too.
Old 2012-05-04, 16:56   Link #432
Mow Yun

Usually I'm the only elin in my party. I see mostly Castanics nowadays. And it seems like most female Amani are berserkers.

On the bright side, I'm level 40 and have a +6 enchanted yellow lance and +6 enchanted yellow plate armor ^o^
Old 2012-05-04, 17:32   Link #433
Xion Valkyrie

Elin aren't small, height wise they're about 80% the height of a Castanic. 2x bigger heads too =P

The're GIGANTIC, totally not loli:
Images

Last edited by Xion Valkyrie; 2012-05-05 at 00:29.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 19:28   Link #434
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

with enchanting does it have to be like-Leveling gear you are feeding into a piece? Because you could just dump stuff into you bank solely to consume when you hit cap.

Also, is that a cross server party in that pic? O.O
Old 2012-05-04, 20:43   Link #435
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
with enchanting does it have to be like-Leveling gear you are feeding into a piece? Because you could just dump stuff into you bank solely to consume when you hit cap.

TO enchant, the gear must be of the same tier, so end game gear would need end game gear to enchant.
Old 2012-05-04, 21:09   Link #436
Mow Yun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post

It must be the same tier and fit into the same equipment slot, I believe.

And the dungeon finder is cross server.
Old 2012-05-04, 21:23   Link #437
Xion Valkyrie

Also, the same time, so if you want to enchant tier 12 twin swords, you have to use other tier 12 twinswords.
Old 2012-05-04, 22:27   Link #438
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
^Wrong. You can use even tier 12 staff to enchant tier 12 twinswords. What matters is the tier, not the weapon itself.
Old 2012-05-04, 22:32   Link #439
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
^Wrong. You can use even tier 12 staff to enchant tier 12 twinswords. What matters is the tier, not the weapon itself.
Hmm, interesting, I could have sworn when I put my sword in the only thing highlighted were other twinswords.
Old 2012-05-05, 00:43   Link #440
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

My new favorite hobby is taking derpy-looking faces, like this:

And turning them into something much more tolerable, like this:

Two more examples:

Images

And since we're sharing, here is my main:

And here's a sketch I did of her like a month or so ago: