AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2006-06-22, 15:56   Link #421
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Yeah, an older Alicia would be a great villain (if brainwashed) or season 3's main hero.

The next Lost Logia item could be a stave/weapon of some kind. Alicia can unknowingly possess this weapon and face off against her enemies whether it is the new evil or the former protagonists.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 16:54   Link #422
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Yeah, an older Alicia would be a great villain (if brainwashed) or season 3's main hero.

The next Lost Logia item could be a stave/weapon of some kind. Alicia can unknowingly possess this weapon and face off against her enemies whether it is the new evil or the former protagonists.

Brainwashed... hmm.. maybe Prescia gives her power somehow to Alicia before she dies instead and she loses control over it x_X
Hoshi_Kawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 17:25   Link #423
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Kawa
Brainwashed... hmm.. maybe Prescia gives her power somehow to Alicia before she dies instead and she loses control over it x_X
Losing control sounds reasonable. Alicia could try to avenge her mother without knowing that her mother is insane.

The Lost Logia are all mage equipment. I think.

Jewel seeds = Magic source
Book of darkness = spell book

Now we need a wand or a stave.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 23:09   Link #424
CrossoverManiac
Come and drink my koolaid

Send a message via Yahoo to CrossoverManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPrime
I think, if Precia actually did find Alhazred, she'd never come back. Ultimately, she never wanted power over the multiverse. Just her daughter. If she could resurrect Alicia, she might actually be happy again. Of course, that's if she made it to Alhazred and lived long enough to resurrect Alicia. She was dying, remember. She likely should have died with Alicia but forced herself to keep going for over 25 years. She was approaching the end of her life in S1, even her magic wasn't keeping her going. Somehow, I think if the Bureau had captured her, she would've died by the time A's came around anyhow.

But I don't think she ever found Alhazred, though I'd like to think she found Alicia, and peace of mind, again. Her cruelty and evil were born of grief and inabilty to cope with her loss. Perhaps in death that can be healed. I think that's the way Nanoha would see it, too.

If there's a Season 3, I'd like it to be a new villain, and set after the time-jump epilogue. I want to see what Fate & Nanoha are like as full Enforcers with years of experience behind them. I want to see what Raging Heart and Bardiche look like. Not to mention the Hayate Batallion. And I'd like to see Nanoha get a proper familiar. She's lacking in that department, ferret boy doesn't count.
As a bit of irony, they should make Fate the reincarnation of Alicia and have Precia find out just before she dies.
Old 2006-06-22, 23:32   Link #425
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossoverManiac
As a bit of irony, they should make Fate the reincarnation of Alicia and have Precia find out just before she dies.

????????

Fate is the reincaration of Alicia @_@
Old 2006-06-23, 00:25   Link #426
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
The Nanoha franchaise and fanbase is strong enough to warrant a sequal anyway, which makes season 3 logically plausable to tackle. Age shouldn't be a matter as Triangle Heart's protagonists are about the same age as Nanoha by the A's epsilogue (the large cast is another matter)

There's alot of things from Nanoha universe that can be developed more... such as interests with Alhazad, civilian friends of Nanoha uninvolved directly thus far, other organizations or elements inside the Time-space administration. The setting and backstory to Nanoha does allow for a deep story to evolve (copying space animes or Triangle Heart action).

Nanoha has overstepped many axioms of Mahou Shoujo genre. I would not be surprised if the teenage Nanoha team comes back for more action. I think that even Ion Cannon vs. Starlight Breaker might happen at that point.

Whatever it is, I want more Nanoha! (Ahh! It's the white demon!)
"copying space animes or Triangle Heart action"???

I know that post may seem old, but i've looked up somethings. I like how people argue that the Nanoha anime ideas were stolen from the anime Triangle Hearts... not saying that this person was arguing about it.

BUT! just for some of yall to know...

Both the Nanoha and Triangle Hearts anime are from the same company, so i dont see anything wrong... <.<
Proof being here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ny.php?id=4644
Old 2006-06-23, 00:30   Link #427
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I like how people argue that the Nanoha anime ideas were stolen from the anime Triangle Hearts...
Well, of course it stole ideas from Triangle Hearts - it's a spin-off of Triangle Hearts afterall. Someone somewhere had a flash of genious where they realized "Hey? You know that Nanoha from Triangle Hearts? I bet we could make a full show out of that..." and thus, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha was born. (Or something like that ) In any case, it's a spin-off. And whoever at ivory/Seven Arcs/wherever who thought it might work was obviously right.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 00:47   Link #428
CrossoverManiac

Quote:
????????

Fate is the reincaration of Alicia @_@
I was referring to a possible plot twist. Hey, if anyone deserves that to happen to them is Precia for the way she treated Fate to find out, all of this time, she was physically abusing her own child.
Old 2006-06-23, 00:49   Link #429
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

In order to find out that she was abusing her own child would require that she become sane enough to recognize that Fate is her own child. That is what she was doing. She was just too crazy to recognize the facts.

That's not a plot twist. That's a character revelation.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 01:26   Link #430
CrossoverManiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
In order to find out that she was abusing her own child would require that she become sane enough to recognize that Fate is her own child. That is what she was doing. She was just too crazy to recognize the facts.

That's not a plot twist. That's a character revelation.
Sorry about getting my story elements mixed up. But yeah, the worst thing that could happen to Precia is the restoration of her sanity.
Old 2006-06-23, 03:15   Link #431
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ok i finished the first series, and you guys were right, it gets much better after they move away from the magical shojo defeats random monster XX times.they also stopped those excesive long narrations in the first few episodes. the way i see it, fate is alicia since she has all her memories and thoughts. however, she is also her own person fate.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 13:56   Link #432
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
ok i finished the first series, and you guys were right, it gets much better after they move away from the magical shojo defeats random monster XX times.they also stopped those excesive long narrations in the first few episodes. the way i see it, fate is alicia since she has all her memories and thoughts. however, she is also her own person fate.
Pretty much!

Glad to see you liked it as well. It just gets better from Nanoha to Nanoha A's.

Oh and FATE-CHAAAAAAAN!!!!!
Old 2006-06-23, 16:26   Link #433
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Triangle Heart, you say? Nanoha? Hmm, this has piqued my interest.

/runs off to find more information on this...
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 11:13   Link #434
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Meh, I feel like rewatching the series...

But anyways, Does anyone have the Device card that came with the 1st Nanoha A's DVD? Apparently it seems you can't buy them anywhere...
Old 2006-06-25, 01:50   Link #435
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

x_X So much for my sig about double posting...

but anyways I just finished watching Triangle hearts and took screenshots of several similar looking characters. You can tell who is who from Nanoha A's

Here's Nanoha:

Nanoha's Mom:

Miyuki and um... forgot the other guys name... (2 of the 3 Main characters in TH anime)

Signum (with blonde hair & 3rd Main ):

Graham:

Evil Chrono?

Reinforce:

All I can say... IT SUXED! <.<

Last edited by Hoshi_Kawa; 2006-06-25 at 12:46.
Old 2006-06-25, 01:56   Link #436
Sakuya
*Artist

I just finished watching both Nanoha and Nanoha A's. For some reason, I thought the sequel was so much better! Everything was done better and there were more twists that I actually cared about. And the "progression" at the end was very surprising too and they do look better like that. Why did they not start off the series with them like that? It's hard to believe third graders can be so mature.

But anyway, I really hope a third season will be announced that continues the current story.

Edit:
Does anyone know if the Sound Stage CDs contain the same tracks as the OST? There don't seem to be a Nanoha A's OST though.

Last edited by Sakuya; 2006-06-25 at 03:15.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 08:20   Link #437
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya
For some reason, I thought the sequel was so much better! Everything was done better and there were more twists that I actually cared about.
I came away with a much more mixed opinion. I thought Hayate and her knights were great new characters, and made much less stereotypical antagonists than "evil mad scientist" Presea. But I was disappointed that many of the battles (as well animated as they were) tended to become straight-up slugging matches where brute force and flashy techniques dominated over tactics and finesse. Fate and Nanoha almost never bothered with any kind of teamwork at all, and while Fate's rivalry with Signum produced some interesting duels, Nanoha completely overpowered Vita in every encounter after getting her cartridge upgrade.

All in all, the characters carried the series well, but I didn't think any of the battles - which, after all, are the centrepiece of the show - quite managed to touch the heights of Nanoha's last duel with Fate in the first season.

Quote:
But anyway, I really hope a third season will be announced that continues the current story.
I think that's something nearly all of us can agree on.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 11:55   Link #438
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Does anyone know if the Sound Stage CDs contain the same tracks as the OST? There don't seem to be a Nanoha A's OST though.
The Sound Stage CDs are drama CDs. The soundtrack is spread over 6 CDs that came with the Japanese DVDs. I'm not sure if they'll release a seperate CD version of the soundtrack or not someday, but for now, purchasing the DVDs is the only way to get it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-25, 12:45   Link #439
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

I still think theirs going to be a 3rd season...

Rumors says it will be released in October, yet at the same time the thats whe the Fate PVC figure comes out.... Theirs really no point i them making more products if the the company will not have a way in keeping their customers loyal to them x_X
Old 2006-06-25, 13:04   Link #440
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I'm not sure if they'll release a seperate CD version of the soundtrack or not someday, but for now, purchasing the DVDs is the only way to get it.
Bah, suck. I really hope they do release an OST because I really badly want that beautiful piece that's playing when Hayate goes into magical girl mode. Episode 11 timeframe 19:00 and onwards
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote