AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 05:57   Link #4981
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Any updates on when this filler will be ending finally ?

I tried looking but found nothing T_T.
"finally"? This filler arc is pretty darned good in it's own right! I actually think that they're going to rush it just a tad. It just doesn't feel right for Midnight to be the end boss for some reason.

On the other hand when we finally got to see "who" Imitatia really was made me go "Ohhh!" right away. That made sense and finally put everything into perspective: from the strange devotion to Lucy when she seemed not to even exist in reality all the way to her obviously out-of-place clothes back when she was Michelle. That dress never made much sense for a person in Fairy Tail's universe but for a doll it's spot on. Well played anime team.

On the other hand there's still something they haven't explained: who was that comatose girl Gildarts and Laki found and how does she tie into all of this? Did I miss something?
Old 2012-09-22, 07:56   Link #4982
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Hey Cobra, Team Rocket called. They want their gag back.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:25   Link #4983
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
On the other hand there's still something they haven't explained: who was that comatose girl Gildarts and Laki found and how does she tie into all of this? Did I miss something?
Probably just a random person that Imitatia could assume the form of. Though next episode might explain, given the title "Lucy and Michelle."
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:33   Link #4984
Krono

Quote:
That girl was the real Michelle Lobster. Finding her served as the too late proof that the Michelle with Lucy was a fake.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 12:20   Link #4985
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Probably just a random person that Imitatia could assume the form of. Though next episode might explain, given the title "Lucy and Michelle."
That would be the logical conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
That girl was the real Michelle Lobster. Finding her served as the too late proof that the Michelle with Lucy was a fake.
So... It was only the name that was "stolen" from the comatose girl?
Old 2012-09-22, 12:57   Link #4986
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
So... It was only the name that was "stolen" from the comatose girl?
Kinda. They needed the Lobster name, since the Heartfilia and Lobster families were close. Thus, it gave Imitatia her chance. Probably stole her looks as well.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:00   Link #4987
ookamigirl

Lucy dangerously close to losing herself.
Natsu vs Imitatia.
That girl just doesn't listen to reason.
Samuel's sudden urge to kill Lucy was a surprise.
I thought he was getting along with the other exceeds.
Imitatia's sudden change of heart was kinda sweet.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:11   Link #4988
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Lucy dangerously close to losing herself.
Natsu vs Imitatia.
That girl just doesn't listen to reason.
Samuel's sudden urge to kill Lucy was a surprise.
I thought he was getting along with the other exceeds.

Imitatia's sudden change of heart was kinda sweet.
He is close to them. He is also determined on his mission, so i think he was doing what he believed in to save everyone, which was to kill Lucy. Except everyone realized through Happy's hypothesis and Jean-Luc and Levy's research that by defeating the Oracion Seis they would also sever the tie.
lol Sammy was like the last one to get the message. Coco acting as a shield was cool. Really liking her a lot in this story, probably more than her Edolas version.

Quote:
"finally"? This filler arc is pretty darned good in it's own right! I actually think that they're going to rush it just a tad. It just doesn't feel right for Midnight to be the end boss for some reason.
The interaction and story between Lucy and Imitatia is still center, but i think Midnight being the final baddie to fight from the Oracion Seis makes sense because to me, he's the only one who is truly bad and evil. Everyone else was fighting to gain something or to repent, like Angel or Cobra. Racer and Erigor turned into somewhat mindless dolls until Wendy and Mira broke them. And we all know what happened with Imitatia. Midnight is the only one who seems to just want power and i don't feel any sympathy for, so it'll be nice if they just go all out on him.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:21   Link #4989
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

it's sad that Imitatia's part ended the moment we got the insight of her, her revelation was short but good, somehow now she doesn't seem all that creepy after all
Old 2012-09-22, 14:33   Link #4990
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
The interaction and story between Lucy and Imitatia is still center, but i think Midnight being the final baddie to fight from the Oracion Seis makes sense because to me, he's the only one who is truly bad and evil. Everyone else was fighting to gain something or to repent, like Angel or Cobra. Racer and Erigor turned into somewhat mindless dolls until Wendy and Mira broke them. And we all know what happened with Imitatia. Midnight is the only one who seems to just want power and i don't feel any sympathy for, so it'll be nice if they just go all out on him.
Yes, while he is truly evil I just don't find him interesting as an end boss due to lack of motive. I just can't see what he's aiming for aside from doing it for simple chaos. Seems weak for me.
Old 2012-09-22, 14:58   Link #4991
ginger02

Quote:
Yes, while he is truly evil I just don't find him interesting as an end boss due to lack of motive. I just can't see what he's aiming for aside from doing it for simple chaos. Seems weak for me.
Yeah i somewhat agree. Wouldn't really know who to be the final fight except maybe the clock itself. Midnight kind of reflects old villain though, most who just wanted chaos and disorder and all that good stuff: Brain, Hades, Faust. I would say that Jose and Laxus were more interesting in that department, but in the same light, i didn't really feel like anyone but fairy tail was in danger in those cases. Maybe it's just since the other villains in this arc were more interesting.

Imitatia kind of comes off as a tragic hero to me. In a way, her big flaw was her immense devotion and love for Lucy that blinded her. In the end, she really did just want to keep her safe and happy, but she also wanted to be with her. She believed she could really do all that, as a her doll. A doll like that is supposed to be there for a child to make them happy and give them a friend when they don't have one.
Old 2012-09-22, 17:16   Link #4992
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

poor cobra, hes technically beat erza and natsu but people keep interfering
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 12:40   Link #4993
ginger02

New episode tonight, and we'll get to see how the story ties up.
Old 2012-09-28, 21:51   Link #4994
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep150:
Old 2012-09-28, 21:57   Link #4995
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Spoiler for Ep150:
Spoiler for 150:
Old 2012-09-28, 23:08   Link #4996
EroKing

Hirano Aya's voice was really something this episode, she seems to be getting better and better with her role as Lucy ^^
Old 2012-09-29, 00:03   Link #4997
MAX_COLA_POWER!

And Layla, don't forget Layla .
Old 2012-09-29, 00:59   Link #4998
xellos2099

I am guessing first half of next week will be conclusive to filler then to canon stuff
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 02:34   Link #4999
ginger02

Just had the chance to watch the episode, and I must say that I found it beautiful. Little things made it, and the whole arc really. Lucy and Michelle's talk, Lucy's face at certain shots, Aya's acting, Kinana lightly caressing Erik's face. I don't really recall any episode of Fairy Tail i would call beautiful, but I guess there is a first for everything lol
Old 2012-09-29, 06:58   Link #5000
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That really was a nicely made filler arc. Okay, it had an odd episode of drag or two, but the plot was good and the element of recycling was kept at a minimum, since all of the villains had something different about them (except Klodoa) and Michelle's backstory was unique.

Nakama papapapapapa-power!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen