AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-12-11, 21:48   Link #41
lemonedSM
the show must go on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:

now i get it.

now i wait for the time when MC met schnee.
do you know what chapter that be?
Old 2014-12-11, 21:53   Link #42
travelingbum

why are we calling her Schnee?
we end up with the romaji ourselves, Shuni (シュニー) but I'm a bit lost as to what language pronunciation we are using to get Schnee.

though the only settled name would be that of the MC... Sin (cause the author gave it to us even in romaji)
the time lag and stuff on skills and such being gone would only apply to the MC unless other people have similar titles.
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 21:55   Link #43
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonedSM View Post
now i get it.

now i wait for the time when MC met schnee.
do you know what chapter that be?
Quite a bit later, probably especially by manga standards. (Probably at least chapter 10-15 or so even with the usual cuts)

Spoiler for Early Volumes:

That's why I rarely refer to characters by names on here, I don't trust my pronunciation either, especially when it comes to world customize, I literally just gave up on that one, some crazy mix of german or something.

I remember her name as Shuni as well, but the manga translation* uses Schnee.
Old 2014-12-11, 22:19   Link #44
lemonedSM
the show must go on

GT result in shuni, while on the manga translation it's schnee (i'll call it elven baba)

for the MC, i read it as shin, tho GT sometimes show it as singh or sin or thin lol

seeing i'm reading from syosetsu and not using archiver, it will be on around book 3 when that elven baba npc show up right?

i wish i could just pay someone to do translation properly and him/her deliver the result in timely fashion.
Old 2014-12-11, 22:29   Link #45
travelingbum

no it's vol 2 when Sin and Shuni meet again.

think /ak/ is something like re:translations but more horrible........ so don't really trust the tl on a few stuff they are doing.

this, ossan, forgot what else. or maybe they are just translating anything not japanese into german pronunciation or something.
Old 2014-12-12, 00:26   Link #46
zerodragon

so how many and what type of girls does his harem have?
Old 2014-12-12, 00:56   Link #47
drunkenwolfin
Bearded Author

also a quick question.. is there an active translation for this series? I would very much like to read it if so.

endonline.wordpress.com
drunkenwolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 03:13   Link #48
lemonedSM
the show must go on

aside from the manga, none that i know of.

using GT is confusing as shit.
Old 2014-12-12, 03:30   Link #49
makarich

Spoilers! Give me more spoilers since I cant read japanese
makarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 07:01   Link #50
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
why are we calling her Schnee?
we end up with the romaji ourselves, Shuni (シュニー) but I'm a bit lost as to what language pronunciation we are using to get Schnee.

though the only settled name would be that of the MC... Sin (cause the author gave it to us even in romaji)
the time lag and stuff on skills and such being gone would only apply to the MC unless other people have similar titles.
シュ = shyu it is a small yu so you combine them
ニー = nii the line lengthens it
yu syllables are quite often cut short in foreign words used by Japanese

so shunii becomes shnii

Schnee is German for "Snow" like in RWBY.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 08:28   Link #51
travelingbum

well I'm just gonna stick with Shuni or something..... don't even want to think of Schnee-chan/san/sama..... just doesn't sound right

man just read it all.... now the monthly wait unless there be a suprise.
Old 2014-12-12, 08:37   Link #52
Silentwolfie

Hmm. I gave this a pass when I read up to the beast chapters...

Spoiler for Reason and spoiler:

Anyone read past the beast volume? Does the pace gets faster?
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 08:45   Link #53
travelingbum

yes it does but still won't be that much faster.

at least the slow gathering of information and stuff for the first 3 vols is over.
Old 2014-12-12, 11:09   Link #54
nasur05

hmm, can someone PM a link for the raws? would be appericiated.

i love the new gate. the mc is awesome and he seems like a smart guys, i like that.i just hope he is not some naive bs idiot
but guys, he gained a title''limit breaker'' i believe it is only he who has that being the one who defeated GENESIS and all! so all his stats are double their max and he litterly has no limit to his growth like all the other npc infested world he is in
nasur05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 11:25   Link #55
laon
Hantai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentwolfie View Post
Hmm. I gave this a pass when I read up to the beast chapters...

Spoiler for Reason and spoiler:

Anyone read past the beast volume? Does the pace gets faster?
I think the pace is alright like that, and those "comical moments" are actually cornerstones for future plot. Not sure what you want to see for it to became "faster" though since everyone's idea for this may be different. My guess is you want more DBZ like fight scenes and my answer to that would be halfway yes; there are more battle after your spoiler but it doesn't take away the "comical moments".
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 11:57   Link #56
nasur05

web novel of this series vs lightnovel? and can someone give me a link for both
Old 2014-12-12, 12:02   Link #57
sinner0

Ok. just read through the WN until the latest chapter with MT (My eye! It's bleeding!). Anyway, I also think the pacing of the WN is alright. My only gripe with this novel is that...

Spoiler for Maybe spoiler:
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 13:17   Link #58
Silentwolfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
I think the pace is alright like that, and those "comical moments" are actually cornerstones for future plot. Not sure what you want to see for it to became "faster" though since everyone's idea for this may be different. My guess is you want more DBZ like fight scenes and my answer to that would be halfway yes; there are more battle after your spoiler but it doesn't take away the "comical moments".

I only vaguely remember parts of it, but someone has already described the web volumes reshuffled into parts according the book version. In other words they are 6 web volumes condensed into 3 light novel volumes

終わりと始まり
亡霊平原
ファルニッド獣連合

There isn't anything exceptionally interesting like an overarching plot or explanation why he ended up 500 years later. He merely goes around conquering places with his cheat levels and impressing everyone (which gets tiring to read, yes, yes, he's impressive, you established that, move on with the story please, like why is there boss mobs appearing suddenly).

Because the MC is too strong, I can't even feel the tension of the battles. I never had a moment where I thought ah, the wolf king is gonna actually win! Or monster ABC is going to win! He's the dude that defeated the absolute big bad boss with his own solo hands... I can't expect him to lose to a former NPC ally.

Up till this point there has been no specific character growth for the MC (although he is probably going to change in the later chapters because of Wolf king's death?), with hardly any visible character growth on the side characters as well.

The narrative is written well, but the direction isn't going anywhere. This isn't really a dominant comedic story like one-punch man, so while I did get a few chuckles from the new gate, the plot itself leaves me wondering if things are going to get interesting (because there's nothing very interesting in this particular MC's battles, his specs are just too high from the start.) So in the end, the best convincing direction is the mystery aspect, but that isn't happening any time soon from the progression it takes.

PS: I actually hate DBZ. Plot what plot.
Silentwolfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 16:24   Link #59
nasur05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentwolfie View Post
I only vaguely remember parts of it, but someone has already described the web volumes reshuffled into parts according the book version. In other words they are 6 web volumes condensed into 3 light novel volumes

終わりと始まり
亡霊平原
ファルニッド獣連合

There isn't anything exceptionally interesting like an overarching plot or explanation why he ended up 500 years later. He merely goes around conquering places with his cheat levels and impressing everyone (which gets tiring to read, yes, yes, he's impressive, you established that, move on with the story please, like why is there boss mobs appearing suddenly).

Because the MC is too strong, I can't even feel the tension of the battles. I never had a moment where I thought ah, the wolf king is gonna actually win! Or monster ABC is going to win! He's the dude that defeated the absolute big bad boss with his own solo hands... I can't expect him to lose to a former NPC ally.

Up till this point there has been no specific character growth for the MC (although he is probably going to change in the later chapters because of Wolf king's death?), with hardly any visible character growth on the side characters as well.

The narrative is written well, but the direction isn't going anywhere. This isn't really a dominant comedic story like one-punch man, so while I did get a few chuckles from the new gate, the plot itself leaves me wondering if things are going to get interesting (because there's nothing very interesting in this particular MC's battles, his specs are just too high from the start.) So in the end, the best convincing direction is the mystery aspect, but that isn't happening any time soon from the progression it takes.

PS: I actually hate DBZ. Plot what plot.
is that so? i find it kind off intresting when the Mc has no strength-wise challenges, cause that means he will have challenges in other areas, maybe an inner conflict?

and i know this sound a little bit out of the norm but i kinda like my MC with almost no challenges strength wise. i got really tired with that 'i will train to become the strongest' Bs, i am more intrested in okay NOW i am the strongest what should i do from now on? kind of like that.
Old 2014-12-12, 21:43   Link #60
ballster147

I like the manga !!!! time travel + world travel hit my spot!!

If someone can spoil a little bit please grant me your grace.

@SilentWolfie, are you the silentwolfie who translated first two volumes of MT?
Thank you so much for translating it. I remember the days I waited silently for your updates.
ballster147 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
another world