AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-06, 14:57   Link #21
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Is it my imagination or does Youko sound like one of those annoying imotous?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-07-06 at 15:31.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 14:58   Link #22
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Is it my imagination or does Youko sound like onee of those annoying imotous?
Yep, one of the worst parts of this episode.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 15:33   Link #23
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
Yep, one of the worst parts of this episode.
Good so the heat didn't disrupt my sense of hearing after all...
Ironically this kind of voice is what I imagined Akane would get...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 16:12   Link #24
Draco Spirit

So with no real manga preconceptions...

Episode 1 is fairly slow and clearly primary designed to establish the MC personality before things undoubtedly get very weird. He's fundamentally a well intentioned and awkward chap that tends to put his foot in it, which seems ripe for comady and make him easy to get behind.

His friends seem a bit trollish in a enjoyable way.

The girls haven't really got much in terms of development yet, but from what we seen the reporter seems pretty evil and the vampire female lead true personality seems to be that of a idiot, through she was mostly hiding behind mystery for the most part, so we haven't exactly got a 3d image of her yet and we will get to learn about her properly next week.

Music a mixed bag, the opening and closing are a bit meh, but I enjoyed the background music in show. Art was so so, nothing to shout about, but nothing to scream at either.

I think I keep my eye on this next week, see if it blooms properly.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 17:26   Link #25
HandofFate

I feel the presentation is a bit more romcom than I expected, where I saw the manga as more of a comrom.

Anyway, episode itself.
I feel like the voices are a bit off.
Like switch the voices of the vampire and that reporter girl imo

Will continue on to see more of this kansai vampire.
Old 2015-07-06, 17:46   Link #26
Dragonria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
I think I keep my eye on this next week, see if it blooms properly.
Keep going until at least the episode 3 or 4 with the introduction of the little pink girl who seems to like candies in the anime's visual. It will get better .
Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 17:48   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The voices were a bit odd, but almost refreshing in how some of them very much weren't what I would have expected.

It wasn't all that bad a first episode. Willing to keep going for now.
Old 2015-07-06, 22:49   Link #28
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
Keep going until at least the episode 3 or 4 with the introduction of the little pink girl who seems to like candies in the anime's visual. It will get better .
Reaction faces & Akane are what will make or break the series. If they get those right, it'll be brilliant.

Granted, the "break your sides laughing" chapters really aren't until a bit later in the series. But I will seriously put with with a lot of terrible episodes if we get the Cake Baking done properly.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 23:26   Link #29
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've read a significant part of the manga, and this was better than the manga, for me. The manga art was too ugly for me. It ruined the personalities, and I got little humour from it. The anime tones things down considerably, in a good way. And the story is much clearer and fuller to me here, to say nothing of more touching. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't care enough about the characters in the manga -- and I do here.

I really enjoyed this episode. The main character was just as in the manga, sympathetic in his cluelessness. The buddies were even more sympathetic for me than in the manga. And the reporter was at least as wonderful.

For me, there were two star voices here: Serizawa Yuu (Kuromine) and Ueda Reina (Mikan, the reporter). I was surprised how much I enjoyed them. Serizawa's voice was lovely speaking a few words of standard polite speech, but became wonderfully expressive and funny when she spoke her over-the-top version of Kansai-ben. She's from Tokyo, and her Kansai-ben was very much for comic effect, it seemed to me. But it somehow worked for me, and made her feel quite real -- and appropriately ditzy. Her various sighs and breath-movements gave a vibrant feeling of immediacy. To me. Her voice obviously didn't strike everyone the same way, lol. Fair enough.

Serizawa Yuu is 20, and sang as part of the seiyuu idol group i☆Ris even before her first role of Ann in Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live. She's had meaningful roles in Mushibugyo, Dog & Scissors, and Inou Battle. Her biggest role previously might have been as Mirei in PriPara. But this may be her first real starring role.

Ueda Reina is 21 and was very good starring as Naru in Hanayamata. A quite different character. She has also had good roles in Inazuma GO, World Break, and Blood Blockade.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2015-07-07 at 00:08.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 00:12   Link #30
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

As a manga reader, I will say that visually, it didnt reach me. That flavor added by those exaggerated faces is one of those things that made me continue reading the manga at first. How should I say it, that originality brought by those faces made me laugh even more with jokes that were really simple or connect more in some deep scenes. On the other hand, I could enjoy more of every character because, even in those exaggerations, they had unique expressions that made them stand one from the other.

Will keep on for respect and the fact that I can get the essences of this story animated, plus some character that havent appeared yet.
Old 2015-07-07, 01:23   Link #31
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

That was a good episode for me. Sure, I've imagined the voice of Youko Shiragami to be a bit deeper but I wasn't as bothered. Also I have read the manga to almost latest chapters, it was quite surprising to see it to have much slower pacing. I must also confess that I like Kansai Ben to begin with, I can't say anything bad about it.

Seems in the beginning, a lot of people had problems with the art style the anime was going with in contrast to the manga, I wasn't all that bothered by it. I got into a manga not because of art style but the characters, the dynamic and nostalgia sort of reminding me of School Rumble. I'm just waiting for the character Akane to show up. That was when it started to get funnier.
Old 2015-07-07, 02:00   Link #32
Yamada II

I am not a fan of the art style here. That megane girl just freaks me out. Boy is she creepy. It has some cute moments with vampire girl, but overall, the artwork isn't appealing to me. The comedy was okay. Got good some times and got boring at other times.

I'm not sure if I want to continue this. The MC looks like a loser who will not confess ever. And even if he plans on confessing he will think about it when his harem is at its peak and then he will decide against it.

This so doesn't look like anything special. The comedy might be okay here throughout, but the art style is making me keep my distance.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 04:01   Link #33
Dragonria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
I am not a fan of the art style here. That megane girl
The MC looks like a loser who will not confess ever. And even if he plans on confessing he will think about it when his harem is at its peak and then he will decide against it.
The MC is not as dense as you think. In this anime, the female lead is the one who is dense

EDIT: I don't know if i am spoiling something there. If you think i do, just report my post.

Last edited by Dragonria; 2015-07-07 at 08:51.
Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 08:49   Link #34
bastek66

I wasn't as bad as I thought it will be. Shame that anime was made too early and it won't reach any major romantic development (and Karen).
Old 2015-07-07, 09:51   Link #35
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

I think that this was just fine. I don't get the complaints at all, and think this was actually pretty nice. I like the voicing since they are less annoying than I expected and the dialects match their voices nicely. I liked Mikan's intro scene lol.

I think this is going to be a great adaptation, so I'm happy with this.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 10:21   Link #36
Sixth
Hu Tao

*try to read the manga*
*sees the art*
*close window*

*take a look at the anime visual*
*.....*
Why is the difference between manga style and anime style were so gigantic?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 10:31   Link #37
ookamigirl

A new kind of MC.
Can't lie & can't keep secrets.
Had higher expectations..
So far nothing that special.
I'll give it one more episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 10:36   Link #38
com_gwp

Man, as a manga reader to begin with, this is one of those cases where, biased as it is, the art simply puts the show way behind the starting line from the get go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
As a manga reader, I will say that visually, it didnt reach me. That flavor added by those exaggerated faces is one of those things that made me continue reading the manga at first. How should I say it, that originality brought by those faces made me laugh even more with jokes that were really simple or connect more in some deep scenes. On the other hand, I could enjoy more of every character because, even in those exaggerations, they had unique expressions that made them stand one from the other.
Right on the nose. I can understand why people might think we're making this a bigger deal than it is, but the manga art simply has more punch in term of visual comedy and expressiveness. (And the mangaka relies very heavily on visual gags)
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 10:36   Link #39
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
*try to read the manga*
*sees the art*
*close window*

*take a look at the anime visual*
*.....*
Why is the difference between manga style and anime style were so gigantic?
The art of the manga is not appealing for many reader or anime viewers. The studio went for a safe bet and made them look like if the were from a shoujo manga so they could secure some viewers that are not from the source material.

At least I think it was a bad idea.
Old 2015-07-07, 11:34   Link #40
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
The art of the manga is not appealing for many reader or anime viewers. The studio went for a safe bet and made them look like if the were from a shoujo manga so they could secure some viewers that are not from the source material.

At least I think it was a bad idea.
So much this, Domus you're goddamn right.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote