AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-03-23, 09:35   Link #1321
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Guys, seriously watch Bleach 73 ... SERIOUSLY.
....then I would have to watch 1-72 to understand what exactly is going on.
Is Bleach seriously that good? too many episodes.
Old 2006-03-23, 10:09   Link #1322
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

No, just download and watch Bleach - 73 ... it's amazing. There's no need for you to watch the previous 72 episodes: just watch that ... it's a totally standalone episode without needing to understand even just any of the previous seventy-two.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 10:14   Link #1323
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

ok, i'll try and check it when I have some time.
but surely enough we have gone waay off topic.

so in order to get back,

step 1: turn up your volume *important*

step 2: go to this link, http://xthost.info/flashyloops/ageha/

Old 2006-03-23, 10:29   Link #1324
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
CRAP!
I spend ONE night sleeping througoutly and look what you guys have done! Three pages, THREE without one single post of mine. This is outragerous. I should sue Animesuki for this!
(j/k)
- It seems like we all have the same problem.. I just returned home and... 3 new pages..

Quote:
Of course she's a girl. She uses words with "~" on them. (Sorry, internal joke, not supposed to take seriously or be a cause of legal action against my person or any of the parties involved.)

Hmm, I wouldn't say that. But it's true that nowadays we don't see many >REAL< girls on the internet (have we ever seen this?), discussing about anime. Since RM is an anime about Dolls, I think that some types of girls find it even harder to swallow than guys, amazingly. I was trying to get a friend to like this the other day, and she said to me:
"Wth, you really think I'm still at the age of watching stuff with dolls?".
But I managed to get at least 3 male friends addicted to RM already, and that number's growing quickly. Of all my female friends, only one has watched it and really liked it. However, she wasn't able to download episodes 5 and 12, so she quit it <_<.
- You'd actualy be surprised at the number of girls that watch anime.., altough most of my friends are guys, true; but even if that wasn't the case I would probably still watch it..
On the Rozen Maiden subject though... I recon not "many" watch it, both guys or girls because its still very new, and well, not quite known...; I myself only found out about it when I first saw some Gin wallpapers in AP.., and then reading reviews and asking advices, I decided to give it a shot... and like I previously wrotte in a post.. it REALY surprised me, something that doesn't happen very often since I have seen quite a few share of anime

Quote:
Well, I think that Rozen Maiden's not an anime of "small endings". Take Chobits for example. Wow, battle, fight, drama, all that stuff. And it finishes all calm and everyone's happy and you get that big question mark on your face and go "shit.".
I think RM will have a more drastical ending, even though it's not something I'd like to see, certainly. Seeing Hina and Sousei Seki (not in my favorites list, I must say) gone really had an impact on me, I wouldn't definetly like to repeat the experience with the other ones.
If Kira's really supposedly as strong as it's said, we might have much bigger deceptions than we expect right now. But it's something only time will tell for sure.

Yeah, that's something I couldn't understand at the end of Traumend aswell: Why didn't Jun do anything to bring them back? Is it because the Maidens are more special than the other "simpler" objects? I think that in the end, we'll definetly see some doubts cleared, specially as to Jun's special power of fixing that clown doll and later Shinku's arm back in place. (I wouldn't think that if you sticked her arm back in it's place, she'd be able to move it. There has to be some linking to her soul and body for that, and that's not something she's able to do alone.)
- I agree, I agree.., if there is a 3rd season surely it will take down towards a much more dramatic enviroment ; so I am realy expecting alot of my questions to be answered then.

- Well Jun did bring the clown doll's soul back, there are even flashbacks of that in Traumend when Enju tells him that it is not possible for one to bring a soul that was lost; so clearly Jun is realy something special..
Also I remeber at the end of the 1st season in the battle between Gin & Shinku, Gin was compleatly amazed when Jun fixed Shinku's arm and she said things like.. "how can he repair a piece that was broken.. only someone presented by father or a maestro could do that; has such a person finaly arrived?"
Which raises even more questions :P
It is said that Father is the only one who can repair the Rozen Maiden, yet Jun did that...; so probably there is a huge chance that he can make a rosa mystica come back aswell.
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 10:31   Link #1325
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
No, just download and watch Bleach - 73 ... it's amazing. There's no need for you to watch the previous 72 episodes: just watch that ... it's a totally standalone episode without needing to understand even just any of the previous seventy-two.
So in other words..., another filler ?
Old 2006-03-23, 10:43   Link #1326
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu
So in other words..., another filler ?
There is no Bleach this week... Dattebyo just released a joke Episode 73
Old 2006-03-23, 17:24   Link #1327
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern

I could seriously use a high quality pic of Kirakishou. anyone?
So can someone please translate this?
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 18:30   Link #1328
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
So can someone please translate this?
たんなさま = dannasama = husband (dear husband/ whatever you would like to call it.)
Old 2006-03-23, 18:33   Link #1329
blitz1/2

I am sure the husband is Jun. Although I could be wrong. Kira's going to run into some trouble with Barasuishou because Bara is a stalker. Wait until she hears this!
Old 2006-03-23, 20:47   Link #1330
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
- You'd actualy be surprised at the number of girls that watch anime.., altough most of my friends are guys, true; but even if that wasn't the case I would probably still watch it..
No no, I know about that. Most of my female acquaintances are otakus too, so it's not that I think there aren't many female otakus. I think that the problem is that there arent really many who have watched RM. And RM isn't actually "New", it's just "unknown". The first RM series aired in October 2004, so it's 1 1/2 years old by now. Traumend isn't, though.

Quote:
- I agree, I agree.., if there is a 3rd season surely it will take down towards a much more dramatic enviroment ; so I am realy expecting alot of my questions to be answered then.
Well, from what I've seen in Rozen Maiden, nothing happens "by miracle", like in some other animes that we've all seen. So we'll definetly get our answers by then. (Hopefully, lol.)

Anyway, thanks for the support. I owned the damned test, and left only 1 of the 40 questions blank, and answered only about 2 or 3 in doubt. My problem now is the essay I had to do, which I drafted yesterday in about 2 hours (Should've been a 2-pager), but I think I probably just repeated myself ('twas late and I had already spent 6-7 hours reading <_<).
Turns out that I actually had a pretty pleasant day, and managed to do a pretty nice drawing too.

GOTTA LOVE THE
"Try me now and a cute little sister will be included too ~desu"!
She's in her cutest form in there.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 20:56   Link #1331
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Heh. Those who watched Rozen Maiden are probably blessed by fortune and fate. I pwned my damn test too ...

So when in doubt, watch Rozen Maiden.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 21:04   Link #1332
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Heh. Those who watched Rozen Maiden are probably blessed by fortune and fate. I pwned my damn test too ...

So when in doubt, watch Rozen Maiden.
Lmao, Gin's pic on my cell phone is a good luck charm!

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 21:12   Link #1333
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
GOTTA LOVE THE
"Try me now and a cute little sister will be included too ~desu"!
That is from a Traumend episode when Sui is making a phone-call trying to find herself a medium right ?

That is something that also has me puzzled..., remember in season 1 on how Tomoe got Hina.., she got a phone call and the voice of a man asked her a question (will you, or will you not - something similar).., in which she eventualy said yes and thus she got Hina.
When Sui is on the phone looking for a medium, she says exactly the same first words, (will you, or will you not, etc) and then as follows the quote (if I'm not mistakened that is)

Leads me to wonder how the entire process of on how one could get a Rozen Maiden does happen..

In the case of Jun it was the letter.., in Tomoe the phone-call.. and then in Gin on traumend, when Meg finds her in the church.

It realy says nothing on how Sui, Sou and Kana came to awake in this period; we all supose it was the old man (sou's master) who awoke her, and Michan for Kana, but the question still remains on how they first got them..
(Maybe Michan just happened to buy Kana by accident :P )

It also gives us no reference to how Gin awoke in season 1, we surely take it she had been awake before since she realised when Shinku did.

Thing is.., in the case of Tomoe we hear a man's voice saying the phrase.., could it be.. Father ? or Laplace.. ? and why did Sui use the same phrase (but with ~desu), is it part of begining the contract ?

I dunno if season 3 will answer any of these.., I have my doubts.., but that's what in part makes Rozen Maiden so amazing.., the loose ends that make us wonder so much
Old 2006-03-23, 21:27   Link #1334
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

My money is on Laplace's demon. I think only he would actually consider calling Tomoe and act like he is a surveyor, then drop her a Rozen Maiden (Hinaichigo). Probably his idea of fun.

And yeah, to take a break from revisions, I watched Rozen Maiden season 1.....

....and I got 7 distinctions and 1 B4 for O levels when the results are out.

Coincidence?
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 21:43   Link #1335
blitz1/2

The person that called could be Berrybell or whatever Hina's spirit companion is called because when Jun got the note, it was sent by Holie.
Old 2006-03-23, 21:43   Link #1336
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker
My money is on Laplace's demon. I think only he would actually consider calling Tomoe and act like he is a surveyor, then drop her a Rozen Maiden (Hinaichigo). Probably his idea of fun.

And yeah, to take a break from revisions, I watched Rozen Maiden season 1.....

....and I got 7 distinctions and 1 B4 for O levels when the results are out.

Coincidence?
Hell no, I watched RM:T for my whole school term without studying for all of my exams and I'm getting the diploma as a result. (although my grades ain't that fantastic either )
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 21:51   Link #1337
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The person that called could be Berrybell or whatever Hina's spirit companion is called because when Jun got the note, it was sent by Holie.
Where's Bara's spirit companion? What's it called? Could it be that she doesn't have one because Enju does not know how Rozen made it?

As for Berrybell,
if you listen to the voice on the phone, it definitely sounded like a male's voice. Laplace or Enju?
Old 2006-03-23, 21:55   Link #1338
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
mmm.. I don't think any of the artificial spirits have the ability to speak.., nor writte for that matter..., Jun's letter had written Holie as the corespondent, but that might just have been something to trigger the box from showing up containing Shinku.

Altough, altough, the role of the artificial spirits is still very unclear aswell, and what they're parts be in the episodes ahead..

We so far know that they can be taken by other rozen maidens, much like the rosa mysticae, but also they can be taken back, as we saw when Sui and Sou recovered they'res from Gin in episode 12 of the 1st season.

That and despite they're abilities, we don't know anything about them, why they exist and even why they where created in the first place

All and all, I also have to say it probably was Laplace that made the phone-call to Tomoe.., since he already knew her in season 2, in which she then led Jun into Enju's workshop where he was.. it all fits..

Back to the spirits though.., something interesting about MeiMei.. Gin only used him once and it was to counter Holie in episode 11 on season 1.., I wonder if MeiMei had any special ability...

We see Amethyst dream, pizzcato, etc provide weapons for they're masters.., in the case of Holie I thought that he was the one to provide shinku with the rose petal's, so in that case MeiMei had to provide Gin with the feathers.. but it doesn't look that way since Shinku often summons Holie into the battle several times while using the rose petals aswell.
Old 2006-03-23, 21:59   Link #1339
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by solwyvern
Where's Bara's spirit companion? What's it called? Could it be that she doesn't have one because Enju does not know how Rozen made it ?
Its a possibility..., altough I tend to think that somehow the artificial spirits are linked to one's Rosa Mystica; like one needs to have one to have the other. Instead of because she was built by Enju and not Rozen... , henceforth, since Bara didn't have one , no spirit for her...
Its not like she needs one though, as if even for a fake she wasn't powerfull enough
Kira's spirit is not yet mencioned though.
Old 2006-03-23, 22:13   Link #1340
Flo
The Necessary Evil

*Imagine Kira's artifical spirit is named 'Eminem'* *runs*
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural