AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-09, 10:57   Link #20801
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
if so, then she REALLY had a messed up life
no wonder her brother ment so much to her
its possible that he's the only real friend that she had growing up
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:01   Link #20802
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
If the only evidence of this "theory" is her mother, saying "ah nice Kallen, you will get into the academy now, you will not have to deal with picking on you", i am not really sure it is that plausible. I thought, her mother meant it in the beneficial way, which was true.
But, i would not be surprised if that was the case. Still, there is no real solid proof for it, so.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:04   Link #20803
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
Quote:
I thought, her mother meant it in the beneficial way, which was true.
how so ?
is there a benefit to being picked on ?
can you please explain it a little better (i dont think i get your point)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:05   Link #20804
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
how so ?
is there a benefit to being picked on ?
can you please explain it a little better (i dont think i get your point)
Ahhh, benefits of the Ahsford academy and a possible career out of it. //considering that Kallen was really smart and a top notch in her class.
I am not a bully fan, thank you.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:09   Link #20805
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Ahhh, benefits of the Ahsford academy and a possible career out of it. //considering that Kallen was really smart and a top notch in her class.
I am not a bully fan, thank you.
i ment about the "now you wont be picked on" bit
is that not something that would indicate that she WAS being picked on BEFORE getting to the academy (japanese schools)

dont get me wrong, i agree that there is not enough evidence to go either way
but i do think its at least more possible that kallen was being picked on by japanese for looking like a britannian (in a japanese school)
then she would be picked on by britannian who she doesnt really have any contact with (that we know of)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:20   Link #20806
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i ment about the "now you wont be picked on" bit
is that not something that would indicate that she WAS being picked on BEFORE getting to the academy (japanese schools)

dont get me wrong, i agree that there is not enough evidence to go either way
but i do think its at least more possible that kallen was being picked on by japanese for looking like a britannian (in a japanese school)
then she would be picked on by britannian who she doesnt really have any contact with (that we know of)
My translation and dub are more in the lines "you will be able to become a Britannian now, nobody will ever be able to hurt you." I am not sure, this backs up a prior-bullying, i think her mother is just happy, because Kallen gets to be a Britannian from "all aspects", granted benefits, she might have not been able in the past, or even compared to her own {as mama} situation.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:27   Link #20807
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
mine says bullied
and the way she says it conteins the word "mo" which seems to indicate "anymore"

but for the life of me, i cant find the part that mentions going to a britannian school
only becoming britannian
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:32   Link #20808
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
mine says bullied

but for the life of me, i cant find the part that mentions going to a britannian school
only becoming britannian

You got the dvds, or fansubs? Cause mine, are the dvds, not that it makes much difference but anyway. And yeah, it was not about the school, i had not seen that epi in a long time {wow btw, one of the most touching Geass episodes, probably one of my most S1 favs} so i just quoted what i saw in the earlier posts.
At any rate, the point is, bullied or not, one of Kallen's strongest traits, is her quality of justice and principles. She could very-well, sit on her Britannia couch watching Britannia-FRIENDS and loling all the time, yet she decided to put her life on the line everyday, because she thought that was the right thing to do. {which, seeing Britiannia-dickery, was not at false}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:35   Link #20809
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
hence, why she's a kick ass character
and one more thing she has in similarity with lelouch, and with contrast to suzaku (who is treated like crap for BEING JAPANESE, but still fights for britannia)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:41   Link #20810
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
hence, why she's a kick ass character
and one more thing she has in similarity with lelouch, and with contrast to suzaku (who is treated like crap for BEING JAPANESE, but still fights for britannia)
She is more interesting, yeah. I like charas that are easy-going and calm and funny, but charas that are pushing to something better, and search for something more, are a bit more appealing to me, yep.
She is pretty similar to Lelouch as in, they both accept their carnage-way among other things. They know that the world will not be changed with pretty words alone, which seems to be a notion Suzaku shares a bit, at times.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:50   Link #20811
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
She is more interesting, yeah. I like charas that are easy-going and calm and funny, but charas that are pushing to something better, and search for something more, are a bit more appealing to me, yep.
She is pretty similar to Lelouch as in, they both accept their carnage-way among other things. They know that the world will not be changed with pretty words alone, which seems to be a notion Suzaku shares a bit, at times.
perhaps this particular aspect is a similarity that is more of a contrast that she has with suzaku then it is something that she shares with lelouch

kallen is treated poorly by the japanese for looking britannian, but nevertheless fights for them because she believes HER path is the just one

suzaku is treated poorly by the britannians for BEING japanese, but nevertheless fights for them because he believes that HIS path is the right one

both start down their respective paths long before meeting lelouch (or in suzaku's case, meeting him again)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:54   Link #20812
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
perhaps this particular aspect is a similarity that is more of a contrast that she has with suzaku then it is something that she shares with lelouch

kallen is treated poorly by the japanese for looking britannian, but nevertheless fights for them because she believes HER path is the just one

suzaku is treated poorly by the britannians for BEING japanese, but nevertheless fights for them because he believes that HIS path is the right one

both start down their respective paths long before meeting lelouch (or in suzaku's case, meeting him again)
Ah, this is a similarity that a lot of characters share in the Geass-world, everyone is fighting for their path they believe in, but it is debatable when they cross the lines of "freedom of the others" to accomplish their goals. Kallen and Lelouch have accepted to taint their hands, while Suzaku declares he does not want this, while in a way, he does that, by ignoring Britannia ways, and "helping" them accomplish their goals.

Kallen and Lelouch fall into the category of determined realists, while Suzaku is more on the dreamy idealist one.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 11:59   Link #20813
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the Sky with the Birds
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Ah, this is a similarity that a lot of characters share in the Geass-world, everyone is fighting for their path they believe in, but it is debatable when they cross the lines of "freedom of the others" to accomplish their goals. Kallen and Lelouch have accepted to taint their hands, while Suzaku declares he does not want this, while in a way, he does that, by ignoring Britannia ways, and "helping" them accomplish their goals.

Kallen and Lelouch fall into the category of determined realists, while Suzaku is more on the dreamy idealist one.
Completely Agree.
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:04   Link #20814
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
until season 2 comes along
with suzaku becoming a determined realist as well, who only has a different GOAL then lelouch and kallen
instead of waiting for the SYSTEM to change
he wants to become the guy who rules japna and change the system HIMSELF

and i rather think that THIS level of similarity is rather restricted to kallen and suzaku (and to some degree, lelouch and suzaku)
everyone else seem to be fighting for the logical side for them to fight on
they are both idealistic (albiet with different ideals) and both set in their own ways about how to make life better for the japanese people (which lelouch cares about less)
revolution vs acceptance (which is nicely mirrored in their final battle speeches)

thats why the island episode between them doesnt end in the same way that the gundam ones do (athuran and cagalli, shin and steller, alleluyjia and mari, (with the two reaching an understanding of some kind and usually becoming lovers afterwards)
they arent simply on different sides, they represent different world views
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:16   Link #20815
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Ah, i knew this was gonna end in SuzuKalle-look-good-fit-together again, ah.'

And anyway, the only similarity Suzaku and Kallen share, is what it is being established in the finale {as in, being put with words, cause it is obvious in the span of the series}, they both would like for Japan to get liberated or at least, not being screwed that royally everyday from Britannia.
They are million years away, when it comes to methods though.
Suzaku joins Britannia, being awfully naive, thinking that Britannia would not turn him into a research monkey boy, and he will be able to change the system {he forgets, that Britannia-changing, is not U2-Pride song, he cannot change it alone, especially when he always bows to the orders given} while Kallen, is being Lelouch-ish way. Cruel, but realistic.
In R2, Suzaku fucks up, he is taking two steps forward, and then four steps back, he does not even know what he doing at times, while Kallen has accepted her path since Stage 13.
So yes, ultimately, they might share an outcome-similarity, but they differ in a lot of other things. //do not start the ending-stuff now, that "there is nothing to "separate" them bla blah" , i am not talking abou happy-ending-yayz circumstances that bring everyone together!!1 {aka deus ex machina ones}, but rather, than in reality they have a lot of different outlooks, in a lot of things.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:27   Link #20816
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
actually this doesnt have any SuzuKalle to it
i think i may have made you mis-understand my point by calling it a similarity
they do have similarities beween them
but these similarities are what leads them to be such CONTRAST to one another

they are litteraly mirror images of one another
and by mirror image i mean that they are SIMILAR but at the same time REVERSED from one another

kallen could be part of the britannian high life, and have an easy life where everything is given to her, but chooses to forsake it in order to run around the ghetto playing revolutionary

suzaku was the son of japans PM, and is part of the six houses of kyoto (kaguya mentions it), which means he can have a good life on the side of the japanese resistance groups, and yet he reduces himself to being a britannian mook

both can have a comfortable life on the OTHER side of the one they are fighting on
but both choose to forsake it in favor of following what they believe is justice

kallen believes that in revolution being the key to bring about justice
and suzaku believes that only by changing the system from within can true justice come

they ARE similar (very much so)
but they are also completely contrasted with each other
and the contrast between them is in large part BECAUSE of the similarities
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:34   Link #20817
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
actually this doesnt have any SuzuKalle to it
i think i may have made you mis-understand my point by calling it a similarity
they do have similarities beween them
but these similarities are what leads them to be such CONTRAST to one another

they are litteraly mirror images of one another
and by mirror image i mean that they are SIMILAR but at the same time REVERSED from one another

kallen could be part of the britannian high life, and have an easy life where everything is given to her, but chooses to forsake it in order to run around the ghetto playing revolutionary

suzaku was the son of japans PM, and is part of the six houses of kyoto (kaguya mentions it), which means he can have a good life on the side of the japanese resistance groups, and yet he reduces himself to being a britannian mook

both can have a comfortable life on the OTHER side of the one they are fighting on
but both choose to forsake it in favor of following what they believe is justice

kallen believes that in revolution being the key to bring about justice
and suzaku believes that only by changing the system from within can true justice come

they ARE similar (very much so)
but they are also completely contrasted with each other
and the contrast between them is in large part BECAUSE of the similarities
Tell me something new. I would rather focus, on KallenxLelouch dynamic, which is way more interesting, since they have other similarities, apart from their ideals and the way they want to accomplish their goals, rather than SuzakuxKallen, who ultimately, the only thing uniting them, is their love for Japan. Nothing else. And in the end, the knowledge of Lelouch sacrificing himself for the world too.

And honest, i am not gonna debate more about SuzakuxKallen, because i know you will not back down, you see completely other things than i do, and it is totally spent energy on the certain matter.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:38   Link #20818
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
but i didnt MENTION suzakuXkallen this time around at all
we were talking about how kallen might have been treated poorly by the japanses but nevertheless chooses to side with them because she believes in justice
and how that makes her kick ass
and i pointed out that this is something she has in common with suzaku because he is in the exact same situation, only backwards of what she has
and this debate spawned from there

i wasnt talkinga about a shipping issue
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:41   Link #20819
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
but i didnt MENTION suzakuXkallen this time around at all
we were talking about how kallen might have been treated poorly by the japanses but nevertheless chooses to side with them because she believes in justice
and how that makes her kick ass
and i pointed out that this is something she has in common with suzaku because he is in the exact same situation, only backwards of what she has
and this debate spawned from there

i wasnt talkinga about a shipping issue
Even when you do not, you are still always talking about shipping issues blade. { !11}
You also, like to point out "generic" similarities and put them on the "specific" similarities-pedestal. Not only to characters, but to stories and plots as well. {aka R2 being compared with Gundam} And honest, this is getting a bit tiresome to me, like i have nothing to add, that will even make you consider otherwise, so.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:45   Link #20820
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 34
i mean it
i wasnt talking about suzakalle at all
and if you want to change the topic, feel free (got no ideas)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.