AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-07, 12:55   Link #21
GipFace

Is there a list of prizes available ATM?
The winners historically received something worth at least $50 and was decided by a combination of a judging panel and peer voting. Fome and Meiyo are both two-time winners, so the rest of us mortals have no chance anyway.

a lot of the stuff seem to be done by perky girls, and I'm neither perky or female.
Come on, you know you want to do Motekke Sailor Fuku (Lucky Star). That weird guy did it at the end of an episode, so you can, too!
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 13:06   Link #22
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Is there a list of prizes available ATM? Specifically, I'm interested in the "Best Attempt at Mimicking a Dying Crow" one...

/me need to take a look at the karaoke songs in the library now... Dang, a lot of the stuff seem to be done by perky girls, and I'm neither perky or female.
You could always sing something an octave lower or higher than the original; so long as the actual song's done right I'm sure no one'll hold it against you.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 13:15   Link #23
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
yep yep , also you can download all the old stuff on the tracker (1 torrent isn't complete though, last 2 files are broken and it seems that the archive I keep them is broken too) or ftp.

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 18:40   Link #24
cyth
Banned

Can't wait! I was sure only a few months ago on what I wanted to sing for the next karacom, but alas I forgot. ;_; Fortunately, new anime this season have brought a few very nice songs to consider.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 00:22   Link #25
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
I remember checking out the last kara comp sometime last year and checking out the history of previous winnders and comps, I noticed that there were group ones and duet ones too.
This seems to be another solo one, so will there be group ones in the future?
(Or only if people harrass you enough about it KCL?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 00:27   Link #26
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
I'm still poor, poor I tell you! I wonder what the heck schadowfox is scheming... I don't trust him. No way I'm going to trust a guy whose language uses those extremely long words for no reason whatsoever! No way!

Anyway, I was thinking about how to go around the usual problem of... choosing a winner. Since I can't get the usual people that I want for the judge pannel thingy (that and some of them are probably MIA somewhere in this world), it'll be the usual group mentality thing plus my usual stuff of... words? Meh, I can't think at this time of the day.

That reminds me... I need to start recording a song too. Hum... where did I put my files.

Oh yea... need to install programs too. Nooooooooooooo! Too much work!

Also, another thing that just popped into my head while reading that post about a song not in someone's vocal range and stuff. I seem to recall a song in which a guy sang in a every nice falsetto voice. Hehehehe. *goes to dig up the song.

EDIT: As for duets... Those require more planning, so yes, if I get enough prodding I will revive that one too.

EDIT2: Oooh found the falsetto song!
Old 2009-11-08, 04:01   Link #27
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
Fome and Meiyo are both two-time winners, so the rest of us mortals have no chance anyway.
LOL don't worry. I'm not participating this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822 View Post
Anyway, I was thinking about how to go around the usual problem of... choosing a winner. Since I can't get the usual people that I want for the judge pannel thingy (that and some of them are probably MIA somewhere in this world), it'll be the usual group mentality thing plus my usual stuff of... words? Meh, I can't think at this time of the day.
I can be a judge if you want me to?
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:05   Link #28
Shiemi
Counting days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsumeyashi Meiyo View Post
LOL don't worry. I'm not participating this year
Why won't you be participating?

Frank Parsons
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 17:56   Link #29
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Oooooh. Wonder if I'll sing anything this time. I haven't been practicing whatsoever.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 03:08   Link #30
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

Oooh Karoke competition! Well, I have a few songs in mind... I guess it's as good a time as any to get over my fear of hearing my voice recorded. It exposes me for how ridiculous my speech sounds...hehe...

Last edited by Hourai Rabbit; 2009-11-09 at 03:41.
Hourai Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 03:38   Link #31
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
How do we know what songs people sang in previous comps??
Old 2009-11-09, 03:39   Link #32
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

I found out from here
Old 2009-11-09, 03:41   Link #33
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
Thanks! Will attempt to find a song that I can sing
Old 2009-11-09, 04:13   Link #34
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
Why won't you be participating?
Because I feel guilty about winning last time and the time before. :\ Though I realise that sounds weird.

And then there's the fact that I probably won't have time to record anything new, because uni is eating me alive!
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 05:31   Link #35
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsumeyashi Meiyo View Post
Because I feel guilty about winning last time and the time before. :\ Though I realise that sounds weird.

And then there's the fact that I probably won't have time to record anything new, because uni is eating me alive!
excuses!!! There's always time for such a once in a year-if-at-all thing!

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 09:00   Link #36
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I'm plagued with the same problem I am every time... I have no idea what to sing!
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 14:26   Link #37
GipFace

Because I feel guilty about winning last time and the time before.
I think people would rather hear your voice over something as petty as having a better chance of winning. If peer voting decided that you were the best singer, there's no need to feel guilty about it. Just go for it!

Plus, if you don't enter, then the person who wins is just going to say that he or she didn't beat the best, and it's going to feel empty.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 22:07   Link #38
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
I'm already getting entries. Wow that's fast. So far so good, I must say. Can't wait until the others start coming in. Keep them coming~
Old 2009-11-10, 03:48   Link #39
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
Because I feel guilty about winning last time and the time before.
I think people would rather hear your voice over something as petty as having a better chance of winning. If peer voting decided that you were the best singer, there's no need to feel guilty about it. Just go for it!

Plus, if you don't enter, then the person who wins is just going to say that he or she didn't beat the best, and it's going to feel empty.
Agreed. If you feel like entering just do it, it's not like you're hurting anyone with that beautiful voice of yours. :P
I think a lot of people would love to hear you singing once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi Nasu View Post
I'm plagued with the same problem I am every time... I have no idea what to sing!
Can I pick one for you?
Afterall you did suggest me a few good songs I wasn't aware of.

And I need a new mic... but I'm broke. :X
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 09:05   Link #40
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Shinndou - Sure! PM me some suggestions and I'll give them a try

And Meiyo, I agree with the rest! You should enter!! I don't care if you win 8 million times in a row, it's all for fun and you're amazing.
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition