AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-17, 04:12   Link #41
hamazura
whatever

haha i like hagakure too, he is funny happy-go-lucky character, make the mood better
im quite surprised in ch.4 he can be serious too when with sakura in rec room and when he admit that heis the culprit
Old 2013-07-17, 07:08   Link #42
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It was originally "Fatty", actually. Yes, you're reading that right.

...Which is mostly because they die so early.

Oh wow, someone else who likes him. I'm not as alone as I thought, heh.
Whether they die early or not; if you have to play the game several times you got more than enough time to finish 5 pages, especially considering how the game always forces Sayaka on you by conveniently placing her closest to the MCas room when free time starts.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 10:34   Link #43
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You are forced to play at least twice (be it a new game plus or reload the chapter) for Leon and Junko anyway (since you only have 2 non Sayaka free time on the first chapter).
So having only 3 pages for Sayaka doesn't make much sense.
Old 2013-07-17, 18:48   Link #44
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I got that button on my third or fourth try. Guess I'm a Luckster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You are forced to play at least twice (be it a new game plus or reload the chapter) for Leon and Junko anyway (since you only have 2 non Sayaka free time on the first chapter).
So having only 3 pages for Sayaka doesn't make much sense.
Well, if nothing else we're supposed to be getting expanded free time scenarios for the Vita port's "School Mode", so there's that.
Although I don't really feel that Maizono exactly needs more expansion to her character, personally.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 15:47   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Well at the moment SDR2's LP is ongoing. Chances are we'll never have to worry about that project being halted. Eventually they'll reach the ending (although it may take another year...).
Too bad some of us don't want to look at someone else play the game before playing it ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
For instance, Genicoder explanations about her "art" is that she admits being a fujoshi. However, ZP made her say "it is just hot" to do guys, that's it.
Funny that out of anything, you chose this one, which actually is a wrong assessment. They probably assumed that not everyone who plays their patch knows what a fujoshi is (I mean, I only learned of the term a few months ago myself).

The translation mentions that she is a fan of "Hot man on man action", which is pretty much the best way to explain it to a western audience.

There's a few flaws you might be able to find, but that one actually isn't one of them.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 16:05   Link #46
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Funny that out of anything, you chose this one, which actually is a wrong assessment. They probably assumed that not everyone who plays their patch knows what a fujoshi is (I mean, I only learned of the term a few months ago myself).

The translation mentions that she is a fan of "Hot man on man action", which is pretty much the best way to explain it to a western audience.

There's a few flaws you might be able to find, but that one actually isn't one of them.
Actually, it is a overgeneralization. A fujoshi doesn't really need "hot" men, nor mandatory "action" either, since they are just driven with guy guy delusions and whatnot. Otherwise, I -hardly- think she would given a "cute" nickname to Hifumi despite he is... anything but hot.

The issue is that they replaced "fujoshi" by "slasher", which had nothing to do with the context, although they did add "hunk on hunk action".
But that's my main problem because fujoshi in general don't always crave for the gay sex, just for the boys, hence why she says that for her "prey" choices (she mentioned fujoshi as her reasons to murder guys only, exactly because she has an obsession over them). It doesn't make sense to invoke "man to man action" when she is actually not putting several guys in the same lot during her murders.

That is an appropriate nuance that was lost there, hence I mentioned it as an example of changed meaning.
It isn't anything major (I think it is passable compared to say Celes' "High roller"), but it is a mistake nonetheless. That is to say, the translation was still rather good, especially considering the efforts and time required. It is just that as a purist, some points tick me off, but that's doesn't turn it "bad".
Old 2013-07-18, 16:16   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That shows how little I know about what a fujoshi is, which immediately proves that simply using the word "fujoshi" wouldn't have worked for a western audience.

I'll give you that they apparently missed some nuance there, but it's infinitely better than just using the word "fujoshi".
Old 2013-07-18, 16:18   Link #48
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That shows how little I know about what a fujoshi is, which immediately proves that simply using the word "fujoshi" wouldn't have worked for a western audience.

I'll give you that they apparently missed some nuance there, but it's infinitely better than just using the word "fujoshi".
... for the love of god dengar, did I say they should use the word Fujoshi? Sorry to get pissed off, but you keep putting words in my mouth.
I stated the word fujoshi to explain why I considered that part flawed. It isn't like they need to transcript it like this. Otherwise, I would have ranted about the honorifics already, which I didn't.
If I were to localize it, I would have gone like "Y'know, like missy gloomy, I can't help but have phantasms over boys. That's it! That cute programmer isn't on my menu to begin with! Get it?". Something like that.
Old 2013-07-18, 16:19   Link #49
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I... never said you said that. Maybe you got that impression but I assure you that wasn't what I meant to say.
Old 2013-07-18, 20:00   Link #50
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

For those who weren't sure about that, Trigger Happy Havoc (THH from now on) will have a english dub.
Kaiji Tang was selected to voice Yasuhiro, and he is already done.

That's an interesting trivia, because Yasuhiro has a good deal of voice over, even if he isn't as prominent as Byakuya. That means it should have been like several months the translation was done, unless NISA recorded the whole thing in a flash.
Old 2013-07-18, 20:22   Link #51
ellifeedn
Thinker

Are you going to change the thread title?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 20:29   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I guess I will add the PSV in there, but it might be a tad misleading if I add the english subtitle in the lot...

EDIT: woah, Tang confirmed me on twitter than the recording only took 4hours spread on 2 work days (and it seems every other actors had the same schedule type)... I dunno if it is usual for dub, but I believe it is pretty fast... Unless NISA half dubbed it like Neptunia MK2 and V.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-18 at 20:50.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 21:09   Link #53
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, other than the two or three stock lines everyone has, the only voiced lines are during trials and while CGs are up, right? That doesn't seem like it would be that much overall.
Guess this also confirms that the Vita ports won't have full voice acting.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 23:59   Link #54
marvelB

While it's interesting to hear that the game will be dubbed, I really hope that it has dual audio options because the original voice acting really adds to the game's experience, IMO....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 02:50   Link #55
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That is something you won't need to worry about: except Atelier Ayesha, NISA has a good track record since they always offer dual audio.
Old 2013-07-30, 14:32   Link #56
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Made a proper thread for the PSV game.
Meanwhile, since no one posted it yet, here is the first trailer for Reloaded.

An interesting part from this trailer is that the story done for the trial version will be also included. However, there is no clear indication if it is only the demo content alone, or if they are really going through this way to offer an alternate scenario for Reloaded.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-30 at 14:46.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 14:57   Link #57
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Wait! Did I just see Sayaka during a short scene, in a school trial! Please tell me I'm not seeing things.

Someone like who's playing the game (tidbits of it) and watching the anime at the same time, isn't it same to say that the remake will possible make the linear aspect of the game change a little, or make a new mode or two just to add the "What If" factor just to give characters who died (and character I don't know who'll die in the future - anime wise yet) further development just for the sake of "consistency".
Old 2013-07-30, 15:01   Link #58
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Wait! Did I just see Sayaka during a short scene, in a school trial! Please tell me I'm not seeing things.
Sayaka appeared in demo version of the first trial (which has different set of murder/victim)
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 15:06   Link #59
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Oh I see. So what I say was the demo version then...pretty deceptive.
Old 2013-07-30, 22:13   Link #60
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Wait a second, is trigger happy havoc 1-2 now or just 1 oO?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote