AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-04-27, 06:20   Link #13401
Pen3

Should i go for the FV4005 first or AMX 30? The Conway seems easier to grind than the AMX13 90 for difficulty and exp earned.. hmmmm
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 11:30   Link #13402
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Should i go for the FV4005 first or AMX 30? The Conway seems easier to grind than the AMX13 90 for difficulty and exp earned.. hmmmm
I'd go for the AMX 30.

Almost everyone over at WoTLabs says the 4005 is a piece of trash, probably the worst tier 10 in the game. Supposedly the improvement in gun handling and mobility over the 183 is insignificant compared to the size and armor difference. And just from looking at its enormous profile and paper turret, it doesn't look hot at all to me especially after playing the WTE100 which has a similar profile.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 13:03   Link #13403
Gravitas Free Zone

I think I've seen Conways and 4005s in pub games less than ten times combined, which says a lot about their popularity. I've been doing enough Tier 9 grinding that if they showed up more often I wouldn't find those occasional appearances notable. (Mostly because I've been trying to kill both of them for an updated Master Tanker ribbon.)

I do wonder if the 4005's gun gets broken less often than the WTE 100's gun, which I've managed to yellow or red crit almost every time I've ever shot at one.

Meanwhile, in stupid low-tier musings, I've been grinding up through the bottom end of the French mediums. The S35 is still good. The SARL 42 has a tough choice to make between the lesser of two evils for its armament (what, it's actually balanced?).

I'd normally go for better pen and higher ROF instead of more alpha, but the 47mm really doesn't have great penetration unless it's clubbing same tier or lower; it is unreliable against most Tier 5 and 6. Not having APCR actually helps keep the cost down though.

The 75mm is annoyingly random but the alpha and a slightly higher-speed APCR are useful. Ammunition capacity is low, though.

I'm not looking forward to the G1R at all.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-27, 13:16   Link #13404
Pen3

I bought the G1R and it is not bad at all in pub because people are stupid most of the time, but same applies with your own team. My crew is new and it performs just fine with the 105mm loaded.

As for the FV4005 having no armor and a big stature, I have no problem playing tanks like that. The speed of the hull and quicker gun will be a big improvement in city fights when supporting another tank. You can just wait for a reload and unload a shot, which is how I play the FV183 anyways, I am generally fighting right by the heavies.

Wn8 going down, but win rate going up despite x3 and x5 weekends. Which is fine since I hate farming damage and yolo if team isn't winning and start a new game. Rather put the remaining 5-10 mins into another game that might be better.
Old 2015-04-27, 13:47   Link #13405
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

So, the next On Track in NA is the Obj 268.

Well, WN8 going up (I thank the Chaffee and St. Emil for that), and WR in fake 55%.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-29, 00:37   Link #13406
Pen3

Got these two new premium tanks, STA 2 and CDC, but haven't play them much. I fire all gold on the STA 2 and surprisingly still break even on a loss, which is not bad at all.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-04-29, 00:59   Link #13407
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Got these two new premium tanks, STA 2 and CDC, but haven't play them much. I fire all gold on the STA 2 and surprisingly still break even on a loss, which is not bad at all.

Images
I seriously think that you only buy prem tanks to put skins on them (heck I would do the samer if I had gold to spare).
Old 2015-04-29, 01:25   Link #13408
Pen3

I haven't play the STA-1 for about 3 months and this was my first game last night. A decent one.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1834184?s...6228b0289b4ad8

And this Riot has some crazy camo this game.
http://wotreplays.com/site/1834190?s...6228b0289b4ad8
Old 2015-04-29, 16:19   Link #13409
Gravitas Free Zone

I was thinking of trying out the 122mm on the SU-152 for a change of pace, but it turns out that I enjoy the ridiculous derpiness of the 152mm too much. And for things like damage rolls in the 800+ range with regular AP on moderately-armored sides or 900+ HE damage on very thin side armor. (I save HEAT for special occasions on properly-angled targets without lots of spaced armor, it's too random otherwise.)
Old 2015-04-29, 22:49   Link #13410
Pen3

Don't know why Conway gets all the hate.... I am having no problems playing it and still 60% win in solo pub.

Images

Replay of latest game tearing shit up leading a front line corner fight! http://wotreplays.com/site/1836429?s...6228b0289b4ad8
Old 2015-04-30, 03:39   Link #13411
Pen3

This is my 2nd Ace game on STA-2 and i tried shooting nothing but premium ammo to see how much it cost. I don't know if its broken, but i make little profit or break even even on a loss...

Shot 22 premium rounds and still made decent profit o.O
Old 2015-04-30, 09:35   Link #13412
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
That's because you earn more credits in a premium tank, and since you're running a premium account those rewards are increased (if you wasn't running a premium account, that match would have ended in a 3000+ credit loss from firing all that gold ammo) which is why you can still break even on a defeat.

The mighty jingles released a video yesterday where an AMX 13 57F earned over 121000 credits on a victory, so it just goes to show how much money you can earn with a premium tank.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-30, 14:30   Link #13413
Gravitas Free Zone

When I logged in today, the game hung up on "Updating Crew." I temporarily unloaded my mods and it worked; some additional researched turned up the Tech Hangar (Batcave) as the culprit. It hasn't been updated for 9.7 yet, so I tried one of suggested the temporary file fixes.

Images
In my case, it's not quite there yet.

So back to the regular garage for now. At least the GuP sound pack gets rid of that annoying background wrench-dropping noise.
Old 2015-05-04, 00:55   Link #13414
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

One of those weird cases where the RNGods gave me their favor.

Blessed by the RNGods

Spoiler for pz 3/4:

And also, it really speaks much when your teammates message you to congratulate you after turning around a losing battle.

According to them, I was the MVP of the match.

Spoiler for T-44:
Old 2015-05-06, 16:09   Link #13415
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm disappointed that I'm not seeing very many SU-100Ys during this first day that people could complete the 60-day daily login mission on NA.

The most I've seen in a game so far is eight, four per team. I saw a screenshot earlier where there were twelve per team.

Though I might not be seeing so many SU-100Ys because I was using tier 6 vehicles designed to abuse the high likelihood of 50% crew 45% WR boxtanks, specifically the FV304 and KV-2.

I finally decided to try XVM with individual player stats turned on (I will continue to never, ever use the win chance calculator). Even just using this information makes me feel very, very sad.

Images
It's like playing in the elevator shaft from The Shining.

That's using player WN8. I thought about having it show per-tank xTE and correlating that with the player's overall WR, but it's simpler to use general WN8, everyone's got tanks they're not so amazing with.
Old 2015-05-07, 13:19   Link #13416
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

The new limited premium tank Cromwell B is a blast. It's an almost exact replica of the Cromwell (already one of the best tier 6 meds) except it has better terrain resistance stats and it's a premium which means it simply craps out credits and XP. It's rather expensive for a tier 6 premium, but I really wanted a good British crew trainer so I went ahead grabbed it.

Images

This tank along with the AMX CDC are definite premium keepers. I just love good speedy tanks.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 19:30   Link #13417
Gravitas Free Zone

My first Cromwell Berlin game didn't go so well because the opposing Cromwell B and mine immediately chose to play chicken with each other and nobody flinched.
Old 2015-05-07, 19:56   Link #13418
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
My first Cromwell Berlin game didn't go so well because the opposing Cromwell B and mine immediately chose to play chicken with each other and nobody flinched.
Happens to me frequently in the BT-2 on Mines. A good BT-2 knows just how much of an advantage a quick BT-2 to hill (then immediately up the hill, drive to the edge to scout entire enemy team, then return to hill base in time to join the fight) can give in a match with mostly slow tanks, so it happens often that both me and the enemy BT-2 prioritize eliminating the enemy BT-2 above everything else. The fact that the BT-2 is just made for ramming doesn't help matters - dodging and shooting lets them get away, and ramming is the default solution for fast tanks, with BT-2 being the big exception that also deals a lot of damage back.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 21:50   Link #13419
aldw

Just have to say, the Archer just plain sucks. Hell, my Grant's been doing better using the 6-pdr than the Archer with the 17pdr when facing T5s and 6s.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-11, 06:25   Link #13420
Pen3

My Ruinberg city fight with FV4005. Only regret is not loading HESH to finish off that 02B. I though this 14mm turret was going to be a problem, but with good reload timing it is not bad.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1868230?s...6228b0289b4ad8

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks