AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-23, 23:23   Link #1101
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Keeping with the comment "All fire to Osaka" trend.

As for Sakuya and Rie Tanaka...Sure in this episode she remained in full miedo mode...but I know she can go into a very dark mode...and deliciously dark mode. Throwing knives and Gin's voice.....it fits perfectly in my mind even though I don't know this character.
Old 2009-01-23, 23:42   Link #1102
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
As for Sakuya and Rie Tanaka...Sure in this episode she remained in full miedo mode...but I know she can go into a very dark mode...and deliciously dark mode. Throwing knives and Gin's voice.....it fits perfectly in my mind even though I don't know this character.
"Deliciously dark." You know how to get my attention. And yes, I gathered that from more of what I've seen.
Spoiler for Since Ithekro made it OT:

I would soooo love to see that character developed in the anime. Just to see what Rie could do with her, if nothing else.
Old 2009-01-23, 23:55   Link #1103
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Bold = Vote; Italic = Prediction
Group A: Hayate Anya
Group B: Shinku Shinku
Group C: Yin Mei
Group D: Osaka Makoto

Also, you guys make Sakuya seem like a yangire
Old 2009-01-24, 00:06   Link #1104
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
I agonized over the same exact choice

But I figured that Matsuri, being more familiar to voters from last year, might get more votes than Yuuko who's pretty much a new girl.

I voted for Mats 47/63 times last year though, so I <3 her and hope she gets in... my feeling(s) for Yuuko are a bit more intense however
Well, from a strategic perspective you kind of have to balance the longer times have to be exposed to Matsuri over the fact that Yuuko is probably fresher in people's minds.

And I understand your dilemma completely. Even among anime girls Matsuri's charming mannerisms are impeccable, but Yuuko has much stronger victimization moe.
Old 2009-01-24, 00:24   Link #1105
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
Whatever she is... I'm just imagining the potential for a cross between Maria and Suigintou and thinking, "Ohgodyes!"
Old 2009-01-24, 00:46   Link #1106
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Whatever she is... I'm just imagining the potential for a cross between Maria and Suigintou and thinking, "Ohgodyes!"
This is basically my reaction as well.

Reminds me I'll need to rethink my top 20(ish) list once all entries are in. There will be a few changes (since my number two Tessa is out..)
Old 2009-01-24, 01:39   Link #1107
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
The Regular Season Schedule has been re-updated with the right matches. In other words, the former half of the schedule has been literally jumbled. The First Period will be Aquamarine, and the highlight of the season opener will be Yuki vs. Mai and Rika vs. Mikuru along with their respective match set.
Old 2009-01-24, 01:45   Link #1108
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
The Regular Season Schedule has been re-updated with the right matches. In other words, the former half of the schedule has been literally jumbled. The First Period will be Aquamarine, and the highlight of the season opener will be Yuki vs. Mai and Rika vs. Mikuru along with their respective match set.
Does this mean we have to try to make Mizunashi Akari start with perfect 9 - 0 record? Still

Aquamarine Necklace for Aquamarine!!!!
Old 2009-01-24, 02:11   Link #1109
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Does this mean we have to try to make Mizunashi Akari start with perfect 9 - 0 record? Still

Aquamarine Necklace for Aquamarine!!!!
Yeah. The Aquamarine set of matches are the most affected by the decision to revert to a fixed and consistent necklace schedule, so instead of having to have a run just about midway into the period, you now have to have a huge start in order to get the Aquamarine Necklace.
Old 2009-01-24, 03:32   Link #1110
Team Rocket Elite

Group A
Voting for: Vita
Second choice: Anya Alstreim

Group B
Voting for: Misaka Shiori
Second choice: Minami Chiaki

Group C
Voting for: Kamio Misuzu
Second choice: Sunohara Mei

Group D
Voting for: Makoto
Second choice: Miyako

My predictions for group winners:

Group A: Anya Alstreim
Group B: Shinku
Group C: Sunohara Mei
Group D: Sawatari Makoto

Anya faltered a bit in Round 2 and Osaka beat her by 1 vote. Nagi on the other hand managed to outrank Shinku and came close to beating Makoto. If Shinku has another low showing and Nagi brings her Round 2 power, Nagi can take the win. I have doubts that will happen, though. Seto San had an abysmal Round 2 showing compared to Round 1. If she can get her game back on, she has a shot at winning as well. The next 2 characters that have a shot are Hayate and Shiki. Hayate looked mostly unfazed by Vita last round. If she can repeat that while the characters above her faulter, the Mistress of the Night Sky can win. Vita did poorly in Round 1 and got killed by split votes in Round 2. Round 3 doesn't look much better for her. Miyamura Miyako is the only character left to never beat anyone. Vita is going to make her work for her last place this time.

As I mentioned before, Shinku fell a bit from Round 1 to Round 2. She is still packing a lot of power. Fortunately her opponents aren't too tough. Even at her Round 2 strength she would likely win this match. Her top competiton is Chii and Kallen. Shinku solidly defeated Kallen last round, but Shinku has already lost once to a character she directly beat. Chii has decent strength but Shinku should be stronger. After that would be Kagura if Kagura can return to her Round 1 strength. This will be the first time with see Shiori with full Key support. I'm not expecting a win, but she should improve a fair bit.

Mei just can't get away from the other Key characters. Misuzu's luck isn't much better. Individually either one of them could take this Group with ease. The split vote gives the other characters a chance. The one most likely to take advantage of it is Katagiri Yuuhi. Mei and Misuzu nearly split votes 50-50 last round. Mei came out on top so I expect her to do so again. Minori was strong enough to take advantage of the 3 way Key vote split to take the win. Yuuhi is much weaker and only has a 2 way split. Also Key voters will be more likely to try and game the system and vote for Mei over Misuzu. I'm expecting Mei to be able to hold onto first. After Yuuhi, Misaka Mikoto is strongest followed by Yin. Ranka looked good last round but Sheryl being her wrecks Ranka's chances.

Makoto didn't boost as much as I had hoped after getting away from the Key split votes last round. Makoto has still put up very soild performances. Het top oppostion is Osaka and Illyasviel. Osaka boosted quite in bit in Round 2 to defeat Anya Alstreim. If Osaka can pull that off again, she is a very real threat to Makoto. Illya isn't bad and her Round 2 performace was solid. However, Illya just hasn't shown to be on Makoto's level yet. Index and Alice are the next largest threats. Yuno and Miyako kill each other with split votes again.

The departure of the Touhou characters has made the divisions a bit harder to predict. I have to stop and think rather than hand half the divisions to Touhou. For the characters that radically changed in strength from Round 1 to Round 2, it'll be interesting to see if they stick to their Round 2 strength, go back to Round 1 strength or do something entirely different.

BTW what did Vita and Miyako do to the admins to deserve getting split voted into last place again. <_<
Old 2009-01-24, 03:51   Link #1111
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Hayate looked mostly unfazed by Vita last round. If she can repeat that while the characters above her faulter, the Mistress of the Night Sky can win. Vita did poorly in Round 1 and got killed by split votes in Round 2. Round 3 doesn't look much better for her.
Vita is valiantly sacrificing for her mistress T_T

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2009-01-24, 04:18   Link #1112
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
BTW what did Vita and Miyako do to the admins to deserve getting split voted into last place again. <_<
All they did was pick up eight-tres.
Old 2009-01-24, 04:45   Link #1113
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Mei just can't get away from the other Key characters. Misuzu's luck isn't much better. Individually either one of them could take this Group with ease. The split vote gives the other characters a chance. The one most likely to take advantage of it is Katagiri Yuuhi. Mei and Misuzu nearly split votes 50-50 last round. Mei came out on top so I expect her to do so again. Minori was strong enough to take advantage of the 3 way Key vote split to take the win. Yuuhi is much weaker and only has a 2 way split. Also Key voters will be more likely to try and game the system and vote for Mei over Misuzu. I'm expecting Mei to be able to hold onto first. After Yuuhi, Misaka Mikoto is strongest followed by Yin. Ranka looked good last round but Sheryl being her wrecks Ranka's chances.
Some food for thought:

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/MoeTo...-3-groups.html

I doubt that "Key Voters" really are conspiring to vote ONLY for Misuzu or Mei. I would hope that most voters will choose among other girls rather than narrow-mindedly constraining themselves to just vote stupidly according to what studio made the anime. I don't put too much stock into "split-votes" as meaning too much.

Let us pray LOL
Old 2009-01-24, 05:12   Link #1114
Juice[Lemon]
ISML's "liberal staffer"

Quote:
[. . .]
We avoided grouping pairings of characters that had been together in the previous two rounds.

If we moved Vita to separate the Nanoha series, Zange (Kannagi) gets into A. If we move Miyako to separate ef, we get Tsugumi (Kannagi) in. This is a problem as Nagi (Kannagi) is in A. These were the only characters we could move and still maintain seeded groupings and non-repeats from the previous two rounds.

Since these were the groupings that emerged from chance after ensuring no threepeats, we kept as is.
Old 2009-01-24, 06:15   Link #1115
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Welcome back, Psieye. We really missed you. About the week thing, although I understand the reason, the physic major in me twitches whenever the connection between metal and diamond is made.
I'll be letting this thread fall off my radar very easily this year, and outright skipping bits I'm not interested in.

Oh, Metal and Diamond? Ice is Metal in the Chinese system, which makes it very easy to connect to Diamond. Lightning is also Metal btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
There is a lot of speculation on what exactly Sakuya's past is, with many doujins being produced on the topic (is anyone looking for suggestions?). Just about all of them agree on Sakuya's darkness in her past though, whatever other details they put in. I mean, when some of her spellcards are named ominously like 幻葬「夜霧の幻影殺人鬼」 (Burial Illusion "Phantomic Killer in Night Mist"), it gives a lot to think about.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2009-01-24, 06:53   Link #1116
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Group A: Vita - Mahō Shōjo Lyrical Nanoha
Group B: Sakihata Rimi - ChäoS;HEAd
Group C: Misaka Mikoto - To Aru Majutsu no Index
Group D: Isayama Yomi - Ga-Rei Zero

Have to say group A was a nightmare to choose in . Way too many I'd like to vote for at once in there. Oh well will just have to go with the gut. Besides have stuck behind Vita in plenty of situations so might as well.
Old 2009-01-24, 10:16   Link #1117
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Monday's group D seems awfully rigged to me .

+ Another bio.

Spoiler for Aya bio:
Old 2009-01-24, 18:01   Link #1118
Crisu
ISML Kaichō
*IT Support

Thanks, Cytrus. Bio is online.

Only a Reimu and Aya so far right? (Making sure I didn't miss one.)
Old 2009-01-24, 19:12   Link #1119
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Started a group: http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=230 since it seems that it had yet to be done

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2009-01-24, 19:20   Link #1120
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Started a group: http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=230 since it seems that it had yet to be done

Should have seen this coming, though I had expected an ISML club to be founded on MAL first. Now that I think about it, there is an anti-Touhou-in-ISML club yet there aren't even any proper ISML dedicated club in MAL.

Tags
international, saimoe