AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 30 37.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-03, 01:55   Link #121
BigSky
Death & Rebirth

I don't know why I thought that Kaoru was ugly :l anyway after seeing this episode my mind changed... she's so damn cute
Old 2010-08-03, 03:03   Link #122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
A bunch of people need to look up tsundere (definitions past or present). Simply being a rowdy tomboy and assertive does not equal "tsundere". O.o
Exactly my point.
Old 2010-08-03, 03:17   Link #123
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Exactly my point.
Is Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia good ?
Old 2010-08-03, 04:29   Link #124
kujoe
from head to heel

Not sure about Urban Dictionary, but wikipedia likely has something on the subject.

Heck, I won't be surprised if there's a freaking academic paper written about it already.
Old 2010-08-03, 07:42   Link #125
greedyisgood
easy mode

Ear biting + Sexy Hair = FTW
Old 2010-08-03, 08:09   Link #126
roankun
Tsundere Lover

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere
This good?

Besides, I really do think she is a tsundere. Maybe not a level 5, like the ones Kugimiya Rie voices, but... Maybe a level 4? Besides, she goes tsun tsun when she hits him, and dere dere at the end.
Old 2010-08-03, 12:43   Link #127
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere
This good?

Besides, I really do think she is a tsundere. Maybe not a level 5, like the ones Kugimiya Rie voices, but... Maybe a level 4? Besides, she goes tsun tsun when she hits him, and dere dere at the end.
She didn't really go all tsun tsun when she hit him. Only time was the when Jun brought up what he thought about meeting at the flowerbeds but even then I would think any girl would be somewhat embarrassed about such a thing. Bag swinging I'd say was a normal reaction.
Karou as she is atm wasn't being dishonest about her feelings about Jun simply cause she doesn't know what they really are.
Wasn't till the end of the ep that she notices she might like/really likes Jun.
Old 2010-08-03, 21:16   Link #128
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Besides, she goes tsun tsun when she hits him, and dere dere at the end.
No that's not what you call as tsundere... its a normal act between friends with long history of relationship between them. Kaoru is just a normal girl.. she is not a tsundere, and she won't even become one. If there's a girl that has the potential to become a tsundere, that probably would be Ai.

Its easier to know if the girl has a trait to become a tsundere or not... here's one good tips for ya from the god of galges.

Old 2010-08-03, 22:06   Link #129
Somnus
Eh?

Not much else to add really. Kaoru's a normal girl, and I've met many like her. People need to stop using tsundere for everything, it's getting really ambiguous now.
Old 2010-08-03, 23:08   Link #130
ueXia

Tsundere:
A person that starts off "tsun tsun" for someone, and eventually ends up "dere dere" for him/her.
(Credits go to Minoru from Lucky Star)

That leaves us with just Eriko being a tsundere (and not certainly) in the whole Enterbrain galge universe.
Old 2010-08-03, 23:29   Link #131
coolasj19
TSG : Gaming For A Cause

A tsundere will refuse to talk to you in the hall, but start to secretly hope you'll continue trying to talk to engage her in conversation. She'll start thinking about you all the time when she's at home. When she finally breaks down and goes out with you, she'll be at a complete loss when it comes to romance and will come to depend on you totally.
Hmm. If that's the definition we are using then I'm just gonna say no. She was never -Tsun to begin with. Normal girl = normal reactions.
sexhair

Another example. Source in the hyperlink.
Hmph. Stupid wiki. I am not editing you b-because I like you or anything. (blush) S-so don't get the wrong idea. Got that?

Last edited by coolasj19; 2010-08-03 at 23:30. Reason: Format
Old 2010-08-04, 04:00   Link #132
kujoe
from head to heel

Kaoru isn't a tsundere, which is true. Perhaps later episodes will show otherwise, but I don't think so. Ai on the other hand, is possibly a kuudere... but I'm not so sure either.

All in all, there has been no one in the series so far—male or female—that can labelled as a tsundere.
Old 2010-08-04, 14:04   Link #133
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Karou is not a tsundere nor will she become one. Karou is neither cold nor hostile she is a affectionate in a playful way childhood friend who kind of realizes that she "might" have feelings for her childhood friend but is not really sure what those feelings are.

definition courtesy of wiki im actually amazed this discussion is going on.

character development process which describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time. The word is derived from the terms Tsun Tsun (ツンツン?) , meaning to turn away in disgust, and Dere Dere (デレデレ?) meaning to become 'lovey dovey

This is a short definition but many other personaliy traits can be linked to being a Tsudere. Karou is just a normal girl.
Old 2010-08-04, 14:20   Link #134
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Keep in mind that Kaoru isn't the childhood friend. They met in middle school.
Old 2010-08-04, 17:09   Link #135
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Say.... Kaoru is a girl. She's his friend. It can't get any simpler or more complicated than that...

Just a really nice girl to have as a friend.

By the way, she was waiting in the infirmary, right? What was she doing during this time? She wasn't waiting by Juni's side, so... I say she was playing with Haruka as she lay helplessly asleep

/me runs
Old 2010-08-04, 17:46   Link #136
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
By the way, she was waiting in the infirmary, right? What was she doing during this time? She wasn't waiting by Juni's side, so... I say she was playing with Haruka as she lay helplessly asleep
That right there my friends is doujin material.
Old 2010-08-05, 06:23   Link #137
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

She was playing around with her sexy hair... isn't that obvious?

Anyway few hours before next episode.. gonna take my nap first. Need some energy to hold my breath for another sexy messy hair in action.
Old 2010-08-05, 10:35   Link #138
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Alright, alright; so she isn't a tsundere. But she's kinda in denial with her feelings, which I think is cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
She was playing around with her sexy hair... isn't that obvious?
Lol at that.
Old 2010-08-05, 20:29   Link #139
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Being in a denial of ones feeling and using violence to cover that (or the jealousy) is a very tsundere trait.

And sinestra or coolasj19 check your tsundere definition again. The girl do not have to be hostile all the time just short sparks of situations are good enough - like when you are shy, jealous etc. And thats what Kaoru displayed. You may say but thats not really hostility but again how you define the hostility?

Do you seriously think that Louise (one of most famous tsundere's) really is hostile towards Saito in a sense to actually kill him? None of tsundere's actually are they are just using the aloof mask or any other mask to cover themselves and thats what Kaoru does it in here. So I do think that she posses some of Tsundere Type B traits despite your stubborn denial.

coolasj19, you gave a good examole of type A tsundere and obviously koaru is not that but remember that there are other types as well not just Type A.
Old 2010-08-12, 17:01   Link #140
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Random observations:
Actually.... in ep 5, Kaoru reminds me of Ritsu in K-On! ... good-natured, rowdy, quick to flash from emotion to emotion. I'm enjoying this character more I think.

And um, baka-ichi needs to stop having his fantasies Out Loud and use his "thinking thoughts" more ....

Its kind of interesting watching the "choice-points" with the other girls go glancing by in the breeze.

There's young woman in a local taiko group in my city who has hair like Kaoru... she's very exuberant in performances, quite fun to watch.

Right, the OP makes me gag, "You Light Up My Life" in a bad way. I'm a sucker for romance but (cringe). The EDs are better.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-08-12 at 17:53.
Closed Thread