AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 20.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 17.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-23, 16:12   Link #21
Soji

orion@ The problem is that neo gai and the other(yuu and Keido) will not let them alone. I mean they want Inori so...Shu have to deal with them if he want to be with Inori.
Old 2012-02-23, 16:16   Link #22
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
The first thing Shu need is take Inori back..For his own mental health then he can deal with this Neo Gai and the other.
true but in order to get her back he will have to break in to GHQ headquarters and get her out. There is no way in hell he is doing that without help because of heavily guarded it is. What they need is a a distraction.
Old 2012-02-23, 16:20   Link #23
Soji

I do agree with you here Sinestra...the probelm is I do not think that Shu is in the state of mind to think something like that. At least that Ayase herself say this and try to made him think.But I see this really hard.
Old 2012-02-23, 18:20   Link #24
miketyson

Time for my weekly "this anime could've been amazing and groundbreaking if the writers were better than they are" post. There's the bones of a *fantastic* story in Guilty Crown, and no matter how comparatively better this second half has been its not enough (and it's not as good as it would've been following after a solid first half).

Next week it's time for team Shu + Daryl + Tsugumi + Ayase, I think. Maybe Yahiro, too? I don't even have a lot to say about this episode specifically, except it confirmed my long-standing guesses about Inori. Well, that, and it was really funny finally hearing her talk in complete sentences.

Well, anyone else who's seen the episode want to guess which is likelier:
Spoiler for next week:

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-02-23 at 18:28. Reason: speculation
Old 2012-02-23, 18:22   Link #25
syke123

Really looking forward to watching this tonight!!!
Old 2012-02-23, 18:27   Link #26
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Are they really going with Daryl and Tsugumi pair? All from a candy apple? The pairings for these shows lack development. Heck this episode was the only real development Shu and Inori really had.
Old 2012-02-23, 18:37   Link #27
AkumaPrincess
Witch

A decent episode.
Spoiler for scene:

I guessing this is the last episode that Shu is screwed with. They betray him, took his power along with an arm, and now they take his girl? I think he's ready to take a stand. I'm also glad that they are finally portraying Inori has a person with real feelings and emotions, instead of a porcelain doll. It was good, but like every GC episode, it was could be better.

I also absolutely loved Argo's and Tsugumi's expressions at Neo-Gai's speech (even though by Japanese skills are non-existent). You screw the shoe that helped you to get out, only to deal with a bigger tyrant. And like rats, they'll scurry back to Shu.
Old 2012-02-23, 19:18   Link #28
Crontica

Hahahahahaha oh dude that felt so good watching those twits finally die, was still shocked on how that carpet bomber was disarmed so easily, the rest that followed were not predictable by a long shot.

Really Arisa? Only a sword slash away from fulfilling your death flag? TRY HARDER!
Old 2012-02-23, 19:21   Link #29
Xaturas

Ok Ep 18 left me hanging just like ep 17.

For all Arisa defenders here you go, bitch was talking with GAI on the phone, and did what she did.
Haruka still shouldn't be forgiven even if authors try to make her that way.
Mana in Inori confirmation 100%.
Now wonder what did Gai mean, is there some race of Crystal Monsters or smth? Cause Inori kinda transformed.
Ohhh and the 3 rebelled people got offed so fast I was like "lol so fast ^^".

So let the discussion start. Arisa still is a dog bitch following Gai like she used to hehehe ^^.
Hmmmmm now I wonder what will Shu do as he got his resolve but still he's hopeless.
Old 2012-02-23, 19:21   Link #30
Sixth
Hu Tao

Seems that I am wrong here. I thought that three backstabber will live happily after, but they got killed so fast in this episode by turning them into a missile.
Old 2012-02-23, 19:40   Link #31
Xaturas

Guys as for the How Shu will get his hand and all that stuff. Go to spoilers section, there is preview of ep 19, and a little highlight on how he will get his power back. Or read 1st page of this thread there 1 person gave a summary of preview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Next week it's time for team Shu + Daryl + Tsugumi + Ayase, I think. Maybe Yahiro, too? I don't even have a lot to say about this episode specifically, except it confirmed my long-standing guesses about Inori. Well, that, and it was really funny finally hearing her talk in complete sentences.
Wasn't Daryl lying on the bed in the room where Segai was playing chess with the other dude. Or in one of those Cell Rooms, all beaten up.
And as far as it goes I wouldn't want Tsugumi anywhere near Shu, she can go DIAF with Daryl all she wants.
After their Hero Master Gai became bad they got a change of mind? Fuc$ EM.

Last but not least, I'm kinda Sad that Jesus Gai used his *ass pull* skill of required void at required time and place. Would be nice if Inori actually beheaded Arisa. But noes Gai know the future. Bow of roots was such an ass pull that its not even facepalm worthy.
Old 2012-02-23, 19:48   Link #32
Key Board
Carbon

Didn't grandpa go through all the trouble to get Arisa out of the quarantine?

and know he decides to kill her

I mean, even if she's a failure of a granddaughter that's still harsh. She literally doesn't have anyone who loves her anymore. I'd rather be Shu rather than her.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2012-02-23, 19:54   Link #33
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Didn't grandpa go through all the trouble to get Arisa out of the quarantine?

and know he decides to kill her

I mean, even if she's a failure of a granddaughter that's still harsh.
Thats Japanese Bushido for you.
He was clearly a Samurai or one that followed old ways.
He wanted to clean up his mess. In his mind Arisa hijinks was because of her upringing by him. Honor demanded that he will kill her himself.
Thing is that he still couldn't do it, and thats why our DutchWife Arisa was able to shot him.
You saw how he offed those guys, no way in hell Arisa would be able to survive if he really had the will to kill her. He choose to die IMO, because he just couldn't kill his family.
Think like this, once you swing sword you won't stop it by getting shoot in the stomach, you will still follow with your swing. Yet he clearly stopped his hand. To bad .
Old 2012-02-23, 20:00   Link #34
sikvod00

^ Yeah, it was obvious from his introduction that gramps didn't have the typical love and affection for Arisa that typical grandparents have.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:09   Link #35
pampz21
ShipCore

wow it was painful to watch~
especially the part
Spoiler for Inori:

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2012-02-23, 20:19   Link #36
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
wow it was painful to watch~
especially the part
Spoiler for Inori:
If we should classify Inori as monster, then there would be not enough scale to put GHQ on it. She kills in self defense, and only by her inner instinct (until this ep that is).

Btw I wonder what did those endlave users felt. I'm sure that the people responsible for *panic button* weren't fast enough. Did they hurt as Evangelion users or not ^^. Dude getting a beheading in his endlave must not felt so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Also ancient organsation that has members in all ruling governements, am I watching a B rated hollywood action flick?
As far as it goes, I myself am into the camp that there is some Iluminati in our world. So don't diss the idea ok.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:19   Link #37
Tenchi Hou Take

Why oh why does Japan have hundreds of orbital strike capable weapons. What the fuck were the other countries doing? Did they just let that shit happen, and why don't they have a similar amount of orbital weapons.

Also ancient organsation that has members in all ruling governements, am I watching a B rated hollywood action flick?
Old 2012-02-23, 20:25   Link #38
com_gwp

Inori is Kerrigan.

Shu is Raynor.

OH GOD IT MAKES SENSE NOW.

(No, really, I can't be the only one who thought this when she went queen of blades on us)
Old 2012-02-23, 20:29   Link #39
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Daryl going against Gai and allowing Tsugumi and the others to escape. Kind of cool how Gai took out that whole fleet. So Gai is in charge now. Poor Inori had to confront Mana about being human and not a monster. She was freaking awesome though when she took out the endlaves. Wow how can Gai call her a monster. So Haruka did it so Shu wouldn't have the responsibilities of the king. Arisa got shafted after betraying everyone, but she deserves it. Lol her grandpa was badass until she shot him.
Old 2012-02-23, 20:34   Link #40
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

This was, for me, a fulfilling episode, so I'll give it a 9/10. Neo Gai did not disappoint,breaking out some impressive skills. That combo missile was quite cool, and it's surely karma that those 2 assholes got offed so easily. Well, their death at least had a use. Pity about that scythe chick, she wasn't so bad.

The highlight of this episode was Inori. I've always harboured a fondness for Rei type characters and this episode is the perfect example why. If you'll pardon the pun, voids exist to be filled, both in nature and in people, and seeing them be filled is always interesting no matter how it's done.

As for Arisa, well what about her I can safely say that her cowardice and blind devotion towards someone who doesn't give a shit about her will only lead to a bad end. I'm looking forward to it.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is Shu's next move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Why oh why does Japan have hundreds of orbital strike capable weapons. What the fuck were the other countries doing? Did they just let that shit happen, and why don't they have a similar amount of orbital weapons.

Those satellites probably belong to GHQ, and it seems Gai is deep in that organization, so yeah...

As for the ancient organization thing, that's such a staple, I can't mind it, really.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Closed Thread