AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-11-26, 17:13   Link #1961
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Thankfully this is the only case where he's done that. Let's just chalk it up to an authors growth pains and move on to better, brighter things
Like episode 25 (probably) with Sugou being double owned?

I want to see the reaction of the people to the 23/24th episode when Kirito dies ingame...but well I guess the haters won't care for that scene and leave it aside.
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:02   Link #1962
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
Like episode 25 (probably) with Sugou being double owned?

I want to see the reaction of the people to the 23/24th episode when Kirito dies ingame...but well I guess the haters won't care for that scene and leave it aside.
I'm personally looking forward to the reactions of the Haters to GGO, and especially Mother's Rosario.

I'd imagine that it'd be quite entertaining.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 18:28   Link #1963
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Mother's Rosario.
I can understand people hating on GGO (I don't like it much myself, to be honest), but who would hate on Mother's Rosario? I mean, it's the one LN when Reki put most of his self-indulgent tendencies aside and just focused on writing a somewhat decent character-focused piece. And it works, and it's probably the best thing he's ever written.

Heck, even Alicization is more hate-worthy than MR.
Old 2012-11-26, 18:31   Link #1964
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i like GGO. while certainly there is flaw. but it's better than FD and Main Story SAO IMO

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 19:10   Link #1965
Esebian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I can understand people hating on GGO (I don't like it much myself, to be honest), but who would hate on Mother's Rosario? I mean, it's the one LN when Reki put most of his self-indulgent tendencies aside and just focused on writing a somewhat decent character-focused piece. And it works, and it's probably the best thing he's ever written.

Well that's exactly novalysis point if I'm right.

The haters just put Reki in one corner for what he wrote in SAO/ Fairy Dance and then with GGO and MR the whole thing changes.

In GGO although Kirito is still awesome this time it is just his skill and reaction time who saves the day no so-called "asspull" by the haters, also he is characterized quite well in there.

In MR Reki even goes as far as degrading Kirito to an (still awesome ) side character, so he changes completly over the time.

Imo in Reki's case u can easily see that writers get better the more they write and I'm really looking forward to how SAO:Progressive will look in the end

EDIT: Btw what exactly do u dislike with GGO Kazu-kun? It certainly isn't his best work but I don't see some groundbreaking flaws that would make it hateable.

Well ofc you can debate if u could still call the series Sword Art Online there xD But imo the antagonist for once is quite understandable and has normal motives for his actions (normal if you put his SAO history into account) also Shino is the first main girl he meets who doesn't have a love-interest in him and actually teases him all the time. The only greater flaw maybe are Shino's reactions to finding out that Kirito is male, as those were imo a bit over the top...

Last edited by Esebian; 2012-11-26 at 19:21.
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 19:15   Link #1966
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

who hates GGO?
Old 2012-11-26, 19:17   Link #1967
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who hates GGO?
Who knows? I was just replying to novalysis.
Old 2012-11-26, 19:19   Link #1968
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

I loved GGO. While it has Kirito at his most ridiculous, it also has the most character development, the best action, and a great sense of real danger. Plus the best heroine, who isn't even romantically interested in Kirito for once.

Mothers Rosario is pretty great too.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 19:43   Link #1969
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
The usual suspects in the Anime blogosphere picked up on the tentacle rape, and quite predictably tore into SAO for that.

I wonder really, whether this was pandering to the base on the part of A1 Studios, or more example of blind adaptation from the LN. Speaking of which, I wonder why Reki wrote such a scene to begin with?

Why tentacles? Why slim monsters?
Does Sugou have a sick sense of humor? Or is this some sort of "censoring" done to protect the identities of the Scientists involved?
Spoiler for Comparing Author's other works with SAO:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 20:57   Link #1970
sky black swordman

Well even haters are entitled to their own opinions.
IMO, GGO was great and probably my favorite arc of the whole SAO series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
Well ofc you can debate if u could still call the series Sword Art Online there xD But imo the antagonist for once is quite understandable and has normal motives for his actions (normal if you put his SAO history into account) also Shino is the first main girl he meets who doesn't have a love-interest in him and actually teases him all the time. The only greater flaw maybe are Shino's reactions to finding out that Kirito is male, as those were imo a bit over the top...
Really?
And Here I thought she was interested in him too, if only a little.
Old 2012-11-26, 21:53   Link #1971
Red_Zeal_Knight

Don't like intro to GGO arc but by second vol of the arc was pretty good
Plus Kirito has some pretty badass scenes
Red_Zeal_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 06:39   Link #1972
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well even haters are entitled to their own opinions.
IMO, GGO was great and probably my favorite arc of the whole SAO series.

Really?
And Here I thought she was interested in him too, if only a little.
At first Sinon doesn't have interest in Kirito in that way. The first impression of Kirito for Sinon is a male crossdresser, that impression grows to romantic as the story progresses. So in the end, Kirito is still the lady-killer here.
Old 2012-11-27, 09:28   Link #1973
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Eh, not really. Their relationship never really becomes or implies anything more than being platonic friends.

BUT if you're so inclined, you can read romantic inclinations into pretty much any platonic relationship between two people in the history of fiction, so. =P.
Old 2012-11-27, 10:13   Link #1974
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
Eh, not really. Their relationship never really becomes or implies anything more than being platonic friends.

BUT if you're so inclined, you can read romantic inclinations into pretty much any platonic relationship between two people in the history of fiction, so. =P.
Read my post again. I never said anything about their relationship, it's about Shino's personal impression of Kirito. Their relationship is just that of companions, but it's different when it comes to Shino's personal feelings about Kirito just like the other 2 girls(of course it doesn't really need to be spelled that she likes Kirito like Lizbeth and Silica).
Old 2012-11-27, 10:22   Link #1975
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

I didn't really get that impression. To me it seemed more like, yeah, she thought Kirito was awesome and pretty cool, but never let that cross over into romantic attraction, since she wasn't really interested in romance in the first place.

But maybe I just need to reread the novels again, who knows. =P

Either way Sinon is still awesome.
Old 2012-11-27, 12:22   Link #1976
duckroll
綺羅星★!

No one posted the episode title for ep24 yet, but the final episode of SAO is 世界の種子 (The World Seed).

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:27   Link #1977
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

HOHOHOHOHO...Such a reference to a potential 2nd season

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 12:52   Link #1978
Solafighter
Hige

GGO GGO GGO GGO!

Let's hope the best!
Old 2012-11-27, 15:44   Link #1979
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
No one posted the episode title for ep24 yet, but the final episode of SAO is 世界の種子 (The World Seed).
Ep24 is "The Glittering Hero"

(no source, secondhand info)
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 15:54   Link #1980
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:

Yeah, disagree. I actually disliked MR. I didn't like it, not because Kirito was sidelined or made less OP, my dislike of it was it just didn't resonate emotionally with me. It felt forced.. artificial even and it made me dislike Reki for using terminal illness as a vehicle to attempt to pull at my heartstrings.

That said, I disliked it less than ALO, which I thought was just "comic book villian damsel in distress"-style cliche..

It made me think: "Newsflash, terminal illness is sad. You don't need to insert tragedy and drama to make something tragic and dramatic" .. but that's just me

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote