AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you wish that Yuri really become main theme in next release?
Yes, I watch this series because of Yuri! 100 67.57%
No, they should keep straight relationship as main theme. 29 19.59%
Who care Yuri? I want Yaoi! 9 6.08%
They shouldn't add any homosexual element at all. 10 6.76%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-05, 03:28   Link #1
mugener

Do you wish that Yuri really become main theme in next release?

Mai Hime's main theme is not Yuri.

Mai Otome gave us the fake first-impression that Yuri is it's main theme.

I just hope they won't attemp to give us another fake impression again.

Old 2006-04-05, 03:53   Link #2
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

No mixed option? They could draw names out of a hat(CLAMP style) for all I care, as long as the romance is well done.
Old 2006-04-05, 04:16   Link #3
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Yuri? No, I don't want it in Mai-series. I want shoujo-ai. But not as main theme, just as one of options.
Old 2006-04-05, 04:17   Link #4
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

I vote Who care Yuri? I want Yaoi!

But really, does it matter?
What was the main selling point of Mai Hime? What was the main selling point of Mai Otome?
Which do you find better?
Old 2006-04-05, 10:16   Link #5
exslayer

only if its mostly shizuru and natsuki
Old 2006-04-05, 10:27   Link #6
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
I vote Who care Yuri? I want Yaoi!

What was the main selling point of Mai Hime? What was the main selling point of Mai Otome?
o_0 do u think sunrise is stupid enough to make a "mai-kareshi" or something?
for MH and MO we have more male auidence than female audience...i might revolt just to give a glance on that series...

the main selling points for Mai hime/otome would be "shoujo ai" content guys in the series are just for ppl to hate on them.
Old 2006-04-05, 10:52   Link #7
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

You didn't get my post did you?

Do you wish that Yuri really became main theme in next release?
Who care Yuri? I want Yaoi!, which is my sarcastic way of saying no.

No, because...

It was not Yuri. Mai Hime Yuri was an extra (it had some meaning), Mai Otome Yuri was just fan service.

Mai Hime is generally perceived as being better. It also contained less fan service Yuri opposed to Otome that was full of it. If they make it all about Yuri I fear that the show will become nothing more than a fan service show, which I do not like, do not want and do not think they will do. Make that hope they will not do. Give me more Hime and less Otome.

Not that Otome was bad or anything, I just like Hime more.
Old 2006-04-05, 10:57   Link #8
mugener

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendshipz
the main selling points for Mai hime/otome would be "shoujo ai" content guys in the series are just for ppl to hate on them.
And that really bother me...

Why the hell did Sunrise STILL make straight relationship(SirgayXNina, SirgayXArika) as
Mai Otome's main theme instead of Yuri??????

Is Sunrise stupid or what???

And the most worst is :

They still tried to use fake impression to make us belive that
Mai Otome's main theme is Yuri while it's NOT.

Old 2006-04-05, 11:14   Link #9
mugener

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
It was not Yuri. Mai Hime Yuri was an extra (it had some meaning), Mai Otome Yuri was just fan service.
Belive me, there are much MORE fan service in straight relationship than in Yuri.

Old 2006-04-05, 11:21   Link #10
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Mai Otome wasn't 'all yuri all the time', no. There was still very prominant scenes of Shiz/Nat, Shiz/Tom, Nao/Nat, Ari/Mashi, Ari/Nina and Chie/Aoi scattered all through the series. So... what you're asking for is 'no het, just non stop yuri'? I think that would be taking the Mai series to a point where the people who aren't only watching for the yuri wouldn't enjoy it. They're a pretty big part of the demographic, so I doubt it will happen, especially when most people are satisfied with the current level.

If you're looking for a series where yuri is the only theme, there's always Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. That's a series where they sacrificed character development and coherent plot in exchange for non stop yuri.

Edit: If you had an option for 'Prominant Relationships of Both Yaoi and Yuri', I would have voted for that, but... I doubt that's happening either.
Old 2006-04-05, 11:27   Link #11
Lost

Well as Tremalkinger says I would stop watching Mai-series if it degenerated (excuse me, sorry) into a non-stop yuri show. So no, I don't want Yuri to be the main theme. While it remains a minority, I'm fine. However, I would wish for more focus and story (maybe even plot involvement) for a straight relationship. Specifically AkiTa love, thank you. But thats just me...
Old 2006-04-05, 11:27   Link #12
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Not Yuri... Just some fanservice moment...
Old 2006-04-05, 11:31   Link #13
mugener

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremalkinger
Mai Otome wasn't 'all yuri all the time', no. There was still very prominant scenes of Shiz/Nat, Shiz/Tom, Nao/Nat, Ari/Mashi, Ari/Nina and Chie/Aoi scattered all through the series.
True, but NONE of the Yuri relationship above are main theme compared to straight relationship(SirgayXNina, SirgayXArika).

I am not asking for non-stop Yuri, but they should at least make Yuri more important in next release.

Old 2006-04-05, 12:02   Link #14
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugener
True, but NONE of the Yuri relationship above are main theme compared to straight relationship(SirgayXNina, SirgayXArika).

I am not asking for non-stop Yuri, but they should at least make Yuri more important in next release.
The grass is always greener on the other side, I suppose. One might argue that Sergay/Nina never was resolved in any appreciable way, and Sergey/Arika was just a disaster from the get go.

I think perhaps the real complaint is that NONE of the relationships of any orientation get enough attention. But that's what happens when you have a cast of 30 some odd important characters, I guess.
Old 2006-04-05, 13:42   Link #15
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

SergeyX NOBODY's what I wanna see. Mashiro and Arika , HURRY UP and make out already!!! That goes double for Natsuki and Shizuru, then Nina and Eristen!
Old 2006-04-05, 16:35   Link #16
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Y'know, I'd sooo~ laugh my butt off if for the next Mai-series, they put Natsuki with the Tate-type just to piss people off - and it will. They should do it.

Omoi is the main theme of both the Mai-series thus far. 'Feelings' of love, of friendship, and all the different types - THAT's the theme of a Mai-series, in my book. Does it mean that one is better than the other? THAT's the question they're bringing up with the ShizNat and the Sergei/Nina couples. Love it or hate it, you can't deny that the feelings that were portrayed were not 'real' in the sense that the portrayed character didn't truly 'love' their most important person.
Old 2006-04-05, 23:07   Link #17
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Guys, guys, forget about ALL Lesbian, I just wanna see "The Adventures of ShizNats"

It'll be like Thelma and Louise with more homoeroticism!

Seirously, Shizuru + Natsuki = CRAZY DELICIOUS!
Old 2006-04-06, 01:07   Link #18
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Tomoe X Shizuru if you want lol...
Old 2006-04-06, 01:13   Link #19
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Yuri should just stay as undertones. Same goes to straight romance. Both should just be undertones to the real theme of the anime.

Making yuri the main theme of an anime will just kill off the substance.

I could care less about yuri or yaoi just so long quality in story-telling is not sacrificed for the sake of fanservice.
Old 2006-04-06, 08:03   Link #20
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
I could care less about yuri or yaoi just so long quality in story-telling is not sacrificed for the sake of fanservice.
Same here, there shouldn't even be any fansevice (other then ShizNat I suppose ) since it get's blury what's fanservice nonsense and what's serios business... I found Hime, at least, more oriented to the romantic side... fanservice just doesn't fit in that kind of seting... well if it's related somehow to the main plot, it might fit ... like when Natsuki (MH) forgot to cover her bottom part , due to some noty little monster

There should be an option in the poll : "I don't give a damn... give me a good story." ... we didn't all watch Hime/Otome for the damn perverted/homosexual scenes you know... besides it's not like the "us" that watched it for the story are against the "homosexual element" as you put it