AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 28 41.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 20.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.49%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-13, 20:57   Link #21
defrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
Spoiler for eye-catch in episode 13:
Was going to ask the same question.

About Shinigami and their knowledge of the Death Note.
Spoiler for Ray Penbar:
Old 2007-01-13, 21:03   Link #22
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setzu View Post
Spoiler:
Indeed - hopefully this isn't a sign that more shall be edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
About Shinigami and their knowledge of the Death Note.
Spoiler for Ray Penbar:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-13, 22:14   Link #23
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Awsome episode. I gave it a 10 out of 10. Hopefully L wont die so fast because of Misa's apearance. He is such a cool character.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-01-18 at 22:08.
Old 2007-01-14, 00:03   Link #24
Lumir

OMG someone please slap me and tell me this anime isnt real. WTF man im really drawn into it! Did you see lights face near the end when he was holding her? Totally evil man!

Things just keep heating up! Who would of thought that the girls parents murder was killed by light! What a twist!

This series is definetly outstanding. I wonder if there is another plot though! Those death gods seem rather untrust-worthy. Hmms.

Anyways cant wait till the next episode!
Old 2007-01-14, 00:47   Link #25
adougnut

Ryuk Chuckles... why?

After Light says to himself, "It is not possible to see a Death God on the 30th of May as it is mentioned here. Even if they showed the game on normal TV..." Ryuk, peering over his shoulder, begins to chuckle. Anyone have any theories as to why? Usually Ryuk's spine-tingling laughs mean he knows something, especially when there's a cut to a close up on his face.
Old 2007-01-14, 02:00   Link #26
vhx

Great ep. The way she found him so easily is actually great, because Light slipped up a little bit. To be honest, I underestimated Misa. She covered her tracks quite well, and was able to pick out Kira, if she wanted to, she could of killed Light for his 1 mistake. The the grin at the end of the episode looked evil (or joyous, who can tell anymore?), what does Light have up his sleeve now? As for name being mispelled 4 times, logically he spelled it right within the first 3 or perhaps there were only 3 different spellings of the name.
Old 2007-01-14, 02:53   Link #27
Setzu
Einherjar

Epic hug is indeed epic.
Old 2007-01-14, 02:54   Link #28
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Very interesting. But I think a lecture from Light would have been better.
Old 2007-01-14, 19:19   Link #29
iBeast

Dammit I hate the waiting for the next episode to come out :@:@:@

Damn this is going crazy. Maybe Light will take Misa to L and kill him.
Old 2007-01-14, 19:20   Link #30
defrule

To all those who thought Light's smile at the end was evil. Wouldn't you smile like that if you were in his position? I know I would.
Old 2007-01-14, 19:21   Link #31
Lumir

I have a idea why light was so happy at the end. In essence he now has the "eyes"

He could kill anyone any time now, even his upmost rival.
Old 2007-01-14, 21:08   Link #32
indicatoto101

The fact that Light is overjoyed by the prospect of using (and abusing) another person makes him EVIL. A normal person would be afraid because Misia can be a nuissance (dependent personality disorder anyone?) and if she's lying, she could kill him anytime. Instead, he's happy that he has a slave he can work over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir

I have a idea why light was so happy at the end. In essence he now has the "eyes"

He could kill anyone any time now, even his upmost rival.
Hm, he might order Misia to kill L and that would be the end of that rivalry. But first she would need to see L and get his last name. After the third day and L still manages to live, can't Light just tell Misia to kill L from a videotape? Or would she need to see him in person to get his last name?
Old 2007-01-14, 21:38   Link #33
evil_paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
After the third day and L still manages to live, can't Light just tell Misia to kill L from a videotape? Or would she need to see him in person to get his last name?
In essence a Death note user need only the whole face to see the name, doesn't matter whether it's in a video or in real life. A person wearing a helmet or mask of some kind will also be safe from the death god's eyes.
Old 2007-01-14, 22:15   Link #34
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Just saw the episode. Very interesting, now Light will have a weapon to kill L. Can't wait to see what happens. BTW did anyone see the preview of 14.

Last edited by monir; 2007-01-14 at 22:55.
Old 2007-01-14, 23:03   Link #35
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Two things that I'm posting now after realizing about them now that I have watched this episode for the second time.

1. It's evident that Misa deliberately left the message for Kira to meet at Aoyama on the date specified in the diary. Luckily for Light, L suspected only as a meeting between Kira and Kira 2nd when read in the entry that an exchange of notebooks will take place, so the Death Note remains a secret.

It's more obvious that the name of the place was an anagram to the meeting location, Aoyama, for Kira 2nd to make contact with Kira.

2. I don't know if it's a goof or not, but when Misa put on the disguise she as well put on contacts that made her eyes brown-colored. However, the night after discovering Kira's identity while browsing for Light's name she still has brown-colored eyes. But when she goes to the Yagami's home her eyes are blue.

In fact when Misa is introduced at the end of the eleventh episodes her eyes are shown blue.

Is it a goof? or Misa puts on contacts to make her eyes look blue, and, therefore, brown is the natural color of her eyes?
Old 2007-01-14, 23:25   Link #36
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adougnut View Post
After Light says to himself, "It is not possible to see a Death God on the 30th of May as it is mentioned here. Even if they showed the game on normal TV..." Ryuk, peering over his shoulder, begins to chuckle. Anyone have any theories as to why? Usually Ryuk's spine-tingling laughs mean he knows something, especially when there's a cut to a close up on his face.
At that time light thought the only way one person can see a death god is by just touching another person's death note. So he ( light) was thinking about how she ( Misa) could ever see his death god and identify him.
Now Ryuk laughs because he ( Ryuk) knows that another person who has a death note can see other people's death god. Ryuk tells Light about that fact later on, So light now knowing the facts come up with the plan of going in group so She ( Misa) cant distinguish who Ryuk is following.
Yet still Light doesnt know that Misa can identify him, because she cant read another death note's owners life span.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions just post .
Old 2007-01-15, 03:57   Link #37
DrewGSR

God damn, Light is EVIL!! And I say that as a compliment. He basically has Misa as his own personal puppet and gets to use the "death god's" eyes without having to give up half of his life. Plus she is pretty good looking despite her mental issues and now Light has a girlfriend kinda.

Seriously, Light is the MAN!! Having a dark, evil and cold hearted protagonist is awsome, so much better than a goodie goodie.
Old 2007-01-15, 08:37   Link #38
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Comparitevly slow paced never the less exciting esp with appearance of Misa . The shows coolness factor is directly decided by L's screentime for me .
Old 2007-01-15, 09:19   Link #39
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

I wonder if I'm in the minority in being unsatisfied with how Madhouse has drawn Misa in this episode. Anime Misa just doesn't seem to convey the cuteness Obata's Manga Misa has, even Movie Misa was cuter than this! This is not taking anything away from Hirano Aya's performance, though.
Old 2007-01-15, 10:26   Link #40
Sockslayer

Great episode.

Anyone have a guess at how Light will introduce Misa to L, she told his mother and sister she came from the University. So if L would somehow learn that Light has a supposed girlfriend on the Uni it is highly likely that L would've seen her before if she were indeed attending classes. Seeing as Misa is not actually studying that might cause some problems for Light in the future. That is assuming that L still follows classes with Light? which I'm not completely sure of.

Still, L might get suspicious if he finds out Light suddenly has a girlfriend without him ever noticing it. He might even hear it from Light's father, so trying to keep it from L would make Light even more suspicious.
Closed Thread