AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 29 Rating
Perfect 10 29 36.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 23.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 8.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-03, 02:19   Link #21
Pakxenon
popcorn

So... that wasn't as epic as I thought it'd be and everyone else saying it is so. However, it was still really tense and extremely fast. I guess the only part that wasn't so good was Souchirou's sudden resolve to use the Death Note to get at Mello. I also don't understand why Sayu is in a wheelchair after such a non-violent incident.

Most of this episode made sense with the exception of the forementioned. 8/10 again.
Old 2007-05-03, 04:50   Link #22
Mr JeburtO

i would suspect she is rather traumatised after being kidnapped and held at gun point by the mafia in the middle of the desert
Old 2007-05-03, 06:18   Link #23
Jaden

Mello was on thin ice there...it's strange that Light didn't hear his name through the mic! Was his father afraid of giving the name to Light, since that would make him use the note? ohwell....at least he took away Mello's note and was able to die happily and go to heaven. :P I feel sorry for Sayu though, she will probably break down even more when she hears of this.
Old 2007-05-03, 08:18   Link #24
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Mello was on thin ice there...it's strange that Light didn't hear his name through the mic! Was his father afraid of giving the name to Light, since that would make him use the note? ohwell....at least he took away Mello's note and was able to die happily and go to heaven. :P I feel sorry for Sayu though, she will probably break down even more when she hears of this.
We've been over this... Light heard the name but he can't kill Mello without knowing his face.
Old 2007-05-03, 10:19   Link #25
Mighty_frog
Hopeless Jean fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Mighty_frog
I admire Light...I wonder if he really felt anything when his dad died or if he was just crying because he didnt get to kill Mello? most likely the latter...

the ep was really fast paced and when souchiru saw light's lifespan and came to the oh so obvious but terribly mistaken conclusion that Light wasnt Kira, such a good feeling, it always feels terribly awesome when Light does something and ur wondering "what the heck?" and then u finally realize why...
Old 2007-05-03, 11:18   Link #26
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I swear after seeing what misa was wearing this episode I think its proof positive somethings wrong with light's brain to not want to disappear somewhere with her.

Ah but putting that aside it was a pretty good episode but felt alittle rushed. These two still dont strike me yet as being at L's level.
Old 2007-05-03, 14:54   Link #27
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
what did they skip?
Spoiler:

I am noticing that anime only watchers, they don't give you a lot of time to learn to love Near, Mello, Sidoh and the other new characters. I wish they didn't cut stuff out of the second arc, but it can't be helped.
Old 2007-05-03, 16:02   Link #28
Psychoray

I don't get it... are there 3 notebooks now? We hve Misa's DN, and Light's DN, where does the third one come from? Rem?

At about 7 minutes into the episode light gives a Death Note to Ryuk (Let's call it DN1) Later on, Ryuk will give this Death Note to light's father.

A few seconds after light has given DN1 to Ryuk he gets the Death Note Misa's holding. (Let's call this DN2) So now light has a death note (DN2) and so does his father (DN1).

Now they're going to retrieve the Death Note from Mello. So there are 3 Death Notes now? I don't get it!

I know light's father traded a death note for his daughter 2 episodes ago I believe, and that one is in Mello's hands now... But I have no idea why there are 3 death notes now, can anyone help me out? I feel stupid :P
Old 2007-05-03, 16:25   Link #29
akoftroy

There's Sidoh's note, Rem's note and Jealous' note. So yes, there are three.

I'm surprised that people can watch 29 eps of this show and not know that you need a name AND face to kill someone using the Death Note.
Old 2007-05-03, 19:37   Link #30
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

If you think you're confused about the notebooks now:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-03, 19:56   Link #31
karumofin

yay, death note hasnt been interesting in a while, i did like the setup of this arc and now it seems i like where it is going, so hopefully all those voices complaining about how this arc is completely boring were biased...
from what you can gather in this thread they cut out plot very carefully and fitting, so maybe even the shorter episode count wont hurt as much as i expected.
Old 2007-05-03, 20:03   Link #32
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Father

I do really miss the times of the first arc when L was alive and leading the Kira Investigation Case, and the game was only played between Light and L.

For some strange reasons the logics about this episode left thoughtfully bewildered and

Spoiler:

I do not know about everybody else but Mello's face seemed off and awfully retarded during those shots when he was delivering his monologues about the fake rule to himself.
Spoiler:

I do feel terribly sorry for Souichirou.
Spoiler:

The episode told a high true about Souichirou, that doesn't matter if he felt pressured or disgusted upon the many times that L suspected Light of being Kira or that Sayu ended up catatonic for what Mello's gang did, he never lets his emotions to get the better of him. He is first a police officer taking duty as the first priority over personal feelings.
Spoiler:

What it is interesting to point out is that Mello now knows that the two rules on the note are fake which would jeopardize Light's position, because then Mello would be able to deduce after some neat research that Light is Kira.
Old 2007-05-03, 20:16   Link #33
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:

Well, at least Soichiro can go to heaven since he's technically never killed anyone with it
Old 2007-05-03, 23:00   Link #34
Lendial

what a terribly sad end. hes happy this way but its such a painfuly ironic way to go.
Old 2007-05-04, 04:05   Link #35
avmoghe

Quick question: Why did Souchiro take the fact that he could see Light's lifespan as proof of his not being Kira?

Kira had given up his death note (and the death-god Ryuk) to the investigation team so that they could go after Mello. Kira's lifespan should be visible since he is no longer the owner of the death note he had. Souchiro knows this since "kira" phoned him and told him he would be sending over his death note.

Why is the fact that Light's lifespan was visible taken as proof of his not being Kira?

Quote:
I know light's father traded a death note for his daughter 2 episodes ago I believe, and that one is in Mello's hands now... But I have no idea why there are 3 death notes now, can anyone help me out? I feel stupid :P
This is what I gathered:

1) Shido's note -> taken by Ryuk -> given to Light by Ryuk -> associated death god changed to Rem by Light -> used by Higuchi -> has fake rules (and real ones) ->traded by souchiro with Mello for Sayu's life -> given back to Shido after its recovery from Mello.

2) Jealous note -> taken by Rem -> given to Misa by Rem -> associated death god changed to Ryuk by Light -> buried by Light -> recovered by Misa -> given up by Light in this episode -> sent to investigation team to use to go after Mello -> still in investigation team's possession.

3) Rem's note -> picked up by Light after Rem died -> still in Light/Misa possession (this was hidden in his clothes in this episode)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Last edited by avmoghe; 2007-05-04 at 04:17.
Old 2007-05-04, 05:16   Link #36
medigo

actually it was Rems note that Light gave up possession of, and it was that note which he gave to the investigation team, along with Ryuk.
Lights currenly borrowing Misa's Jealous Note, so he doesnt lose his memories
at least thats what I make up from this..
Old 2007-05-04, 09:36   Link #37
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmoghe View Post
Quick question: Why did Souchiro take the fact that he could see Light's lifespan as proof of his not being Kira?

Kira had given up his death note (and the death-god Ryuk) to the investigation team so that they could go after Mello. Kira's lifespan should be visible since he is no longer the owner of the death note he had. Souchiro knows this since "kira" phoned him and told him he would be sending over his death note.

Why is the fact that Light's lifespan was visible taken as proof of his not being Kira?
While Soichiro had always believed that Light wasn't Kira, the L in the back of his mind kept telling him to keep some doubt on him. His seeing Light's lifespan on his deathbed gave him the de facto proof he had been looking for to cast away all doubts and prove L wrong. Pity he was wrong
Old 2007-05-04, 09:42   Link #38
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-04, 14:50   Link #39
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I do not know about everybody else but Mello's face seemed off and awfully retarded during those shots when he was delivering his monologues about the fake rule to himself.
Mello's face always looks retarded and crazy.
Old 2007-05-04, 21:24   Link #40
avmoghe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream View Post
While Soichiro had always believed that Light wasn't Kira, the L in the back of his mind kept telling him to keep some doubt on him. His seeing Light's lifespan on his deathbed gave him the de facto proof he had been looking for to cast away all doubts and prove L wrong. Pity he was wrong
Yes, I know he always believed Light wasn't Kira. But, he took the fact that he could see Light's lifespan as something of a proof that Light wasn't Kira. In other words, why is the fact that he saw Light's lifespan a "de-facto proof" that Light was not Kira?

He already knows that Kira gave up his death note, and Kira's lifespan should be visible like everyone else's (since Kira is no longer the owner of a death note). So, Light's lifespan should be visible regardless of whether he was Kira or not.

Whether or not he could see Light's lifespan should have no bearing on whether Light was Kira. This seems to be goof from what I can tell...
Closed Thread