AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-12-11, 23:19   Link #49121
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Oh... That...

Sometime, the Westerner's Humour Sense surprised me.

Question: How Sane is Tabane, with and without Chifuyu? I imagine her making an army of Zombie Cyborg Plushy Rabbits.
How far would you would go for yuetsu can't be measured on a scale.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 00:46   Link #49122
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hahaha! True! Maybe Tabane isn't a human, but Kyubey Incarnation?

That remind me, how is Severed Bonds going, blitz? I really enjoy these last chapters.

Quote:
"Daddy, I want to hear a story!"

What could be described about the Orimura's Living Room? Quite a mess. A warmingly pleasant smell of hot cacao and burning room stuffed it, in contrast to the wtinter storm raging outside, which filled beautiful scenery with nothing beside feets of snow. The carpeted room is littered with traces of an upcoming Christmas: Unfinished Ornaments and Decoration here and there. A bare pine standing alone on a corner of the room, its shade being projected on the walls by the dancing flame from the fireplace.

The boy who gave that request, a little kid who is no more than 6-7 years old, his messy blonde hair being carelessed by his father hands.

"So, what do you want to hear?" Ichika asked with a fatherly smile.

"No, a star must be put on the top of the tree!"

"Hey, it's an angel, not a star!"

"Seriously, I don't understand why you so enthusiastic about this Foreign Holiday."

"Look who is talking. Wasn't you the one who woke up first last year to open the presents?"

Once again, Ichika have to leave his comfy sofa to stop his children's quarrel:

"Now, now, children. Christmas is a time to open to everyone, right?"

"But Papa, we must put an Angel on top of a Christmas tree..."

"No! A Star!"

"How about we put both of them on?"

And now, Ichika sat on a wodden chair, a book on his lap, and a glass resided on his nose. In front of him is all of his 10 children; blonde, red, silver, black, blue, all making this somewhat similar to a impression-era painting.

"So, what story do you want to hear?"

"A story about heroes and princess!" The redhead girl, whom also is the youngest of them demanded.

"Hmm... I think I have a better idea! How about a story of Heroic Princesses? Let's see..." Ichika opened the book, but in truth, he is trying to arrange and convert all his memories into a fairy tale.

"Ah, here we go! Long, long ago, there is this Knight in Shining Armor. People call him "The Unlucky Knight", for he was handled the job of taming ten dangerous dragons. His sister, the...
Hmm... Maybe it's time I should find someone to write IS Shorts on Demand.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 04:30   Link #49123
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Not even our elite forces do that much on a daily basis. 'Variety is the spice of life' - doing that kind of running every day will just break down the body rather than building it up - we aren't Saiyans...

As for actual training... 5 to 7 km a day is much more manageable (and realistic - I do 2 mi (3.2 km) 4 times a week at least). Honestly, more than 8 km a day on a daily basis is asking for an accident to happen. Even marathon runners don't run huge distances every day.
Then what exactly are IS Pilots? Considering that they're the elite of the elite.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-12, 04:44   Link #49124
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

No, for they are still young girls. And as stated above, muscles won't be much useful with IS.
Old 2013-12-12, 04:49   Link #49125
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Then what exactly are IS Pilots? Considering that they're the elite of the elite.
They cheat

Stop being so snippy about everything
Old 2013-12-12, 05:14   Link #49126
DarkJak2050

For Tempest, he asked who would do 50km of shuttle runs.

That would be my guys (once though)... But they'll be using Inline Skates.

Wonder how the students, let alone, the canon characters would be like if they see them barely standing/kneeling or on all four (both arms and knees), barfing their guts out after doing nearly 50km of shuttle runs, due to severe exhaustion.

Won't be surprised if they go "Eh... Bunch of Pansy-asses..."
Old 2013-12-12, 05:42   Link #49127
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Wonder how the students, let alone, the canon characters would be like if they see them barely standing/kneeling or on all four (both arms and knees), barfing their guts out after doing nearly 50km of shuttle runs, due to severe exhaustion.

Won't be surprised if they go "Eh... Bunch of Pansy-asses..."
Unfortunately Jak, even canon characters knew 20 km run is crazy, Chifuyu threatened them with that as unfair punishment in the novel.

Please stop looking at them so subjectively.

50 km shuttle runs? Someone's kneecap need to be replaced then, no wait perhaps their leg as a whole. Oh wait there goes the spine...
Old 2013-12-12, 06:22   Link #49128
DarkJak2050

Then explain all of that to Tabane and Chifuyu...
Old 2013-12-12, 06:46   Link #49129
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Remove the IS and they're just a bunch of ordinary girls.

Even if they are trained in combat, they're not on the same level as that of a true blue soldier.
Old 2013-12-12, 06:50   Link #49130
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Then explain all of that to Tabane and Chifuyu...
What part of it? they're leagues and beyond everyone else, it's an in universe knowledge that considered abnormal on their own.

Look at this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Remove the IS and they're just a bunch of ordinary girls.

Even if they are trained in combat, they're not on the same level as that of a true blue soldier.
1. I.S. pilot are claimed to be able to take out a squad of spec ops, in this context, a jobber like Cecilia or Rin
2. Tatenashi got taken out by a squad of spec ops

See?
Old 2013-12-12, 06:52   Link #49131
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Suspension of belief. suspension of belief.

If I didn't remember wrongly: Due constant exposure to IS enhancement, normal IS pilot's body is much stronger than average human's body (can be seen from Chifuyu handle IS sword)

In another word: Piloting IS for Prolong period of time, will turn you into superhuman.

Which means that the analogy about wearing IS being like wearing Bra is a lie, it is more like wearing Weighted bra or something similar.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
1. I.S. pilot are claimed to be able to take out a squad of spec ops, in this context, a jobber like Cecilia or Rin
2. Tatenashi got taken out by a squad of spec ops

See?
Probably that is on paper, in reality, probably not. I mean just because you have the strength to take down a thousand men doesn't actually means you can actually take down a thousand men.

Either that or Male Ego get in the way.

Probably due to "patriarchy."
Old 2013-12-12, 07:46   Link #49132
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just watched Ep 10, now I'm having second thoughts about a particular scene for Athena. It's what happens when your brain tries to do two things at once: writing first arc chapters while thinking two arcs ahead.
Old 2013-12-12, 07:53   Link #49133
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Done it wwith my brother's Code Geass fic! Finally, time for my projects!

Oh, and if the girls can beat a spec ops, Icika wouldn't be alive to tell the tale.
Old 2013-12-12, 09:15   Link #49134
blitz1/2

Quote:
Hahaha! True! Maybe Tabane isn't a human, but Kyubey Incarnation?

That remind me, how is Severed Bonds going, blitz? I really enjoy these last chapters.

Hmm... Maybe it's time I should find someone to write IS Shorts on Demand.
chapter 3 is uploaded if you haven't read it (15000 words at that). watching madoka 3 increased my motivation so I started ch 4.

Old 2013-12-12, 09:29   Link #49135
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yes, I read it the day it was published. Nice job!

Oh, and does anyone ever try to estimate how long the battle with Gospel and Zephyr went?
Old 2013-12-12, 10:00   Link #49136
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Yes, I read it the day it was published. Nice job!

Oh, and does anyone ever try to estimate how long the battle with Gospel and Zephyr went?
With gospel the first battle took something like 2-3 hour at most, including departure

The second battle took entire night.

And with Zephyr, it's much shorter, probably half hour at most
Old 2013-12-12, 10:50   Link #49137
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So that mean Mondo Grosso, if being parcipated by two or three dozen of countries and battling on a tree diagram, could take half a month or more to conduct. Assume that only one stadium is used.
Old 2013-12-12, 11:10   Link #49138
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
So that mean Mondo Grosso, if being parcipated by two or three dozen of countries and battling on a tree diagram, could take half a month or more to conduct. Assume that only one stadium is used.
From what I remember Mondo Grosso 1 only have 22 participant including Japan

Arena combat never take too long because the intensity, in Gospel fight there's many room to go around.
Old 2013-12-12, 12:42   Link #49139
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

"Haah....haah....haah.... This was suppose... to be ... a quick lesson...!"

"It's not my fault you're so slow," Chifuyu prodded him with the tip of her shinai.

"But you kept... giving me more stuff...to do!"

"Stop complaining, Ichika," she gave him a whack. "In a battle, you never know what will happen. New enemies might appear and you'll have to compensate for them. Attacks from behind, different tactics used against melee-type fighters, all of this you have to learn in order to survive."

"Isn't this just a game," Ichika wheezed, finally sitting up. "I mean, we only fight for the Mondo Grosso qualifiers are running, don't we?"

If only... Chifuyu had a very complicated expression on her face. "If it was just a game, I wouldn't bother to teach it like I do," she said quietly.
I need you to get stronger Ichika. When it comes time to fight, even with me, I'll need you at my back. Please, get stronger...!

Ichika knew that Chifuyu was burdened by something far heavier than just his well-being. "Chifuyu-nee..."

She shook her head. It's just a game - those words were said to her years ago by that baka usagi. Even so, she didn't have to involve the world into it like she did. "...you're right though. Treat a game too seriously and you can still lose."

~*~

Duh duh duh duh DUUUUUUHN~

Foreshadowing of the canon plot?

I wrote this in mind to use with [Weekend] but I wonder if... *throws dart at wall* Oh hell with it, this will be my version of the IS-verse - I'll put in what I damn well please. :3

However, I would be very grateful if someone could 'script' the technical aspects and jargon for Chifuyu teaching Ichika how to advance on a mobile firing position using a combination of both linear and circular paths to do so.
Old 2013-12-12, 14:26   Link #49140
blitz1/2

Lol, looks like ep 11 has Madoka with Kurokishi, we could use that for ST. Although, it looks identical to Silent Zephyrs so I think the animators/director has no idea what they are doing.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest