AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-01-23, 14:35   Link #141
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
I guess you have a point. BTW, what's a Doujin?
A fan comic; if you go to Deviantart and type in "(Title Media) Doujin" or "Doujinshi" you'll probably find something.
Matter of fact, if you ever get the chance check out Bleedman on Deviantart, that guy is great and has two in progress works with one original of his own.

The one's I'm talking about in particular with my above post have a more... "risque" display in mind. I would give you the site here, but I don't want to risk getting in trouble...

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 19:11   Link #142
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
A fan comic; if you go to Deviantart and type in "(Title Media) Doujin" or "Doujinshi" you'll probably find something.
Matter of fact, if you ever get the chance check out Bleedman on Deviantart, that guy is great and has two in progress works with one original of his own.

The one's I'm talking about in particular with my above post have a more... "risque" display in mind. I would give you the site here, but I don't want to risk getting in trouble...
I'll look into it. In the meantime here's a puzzler I have for certain Luffy fans:

If Luffy were to have a female decendent centuries from his time, what would she look like and what powers and/or skills would she have?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 19:02   Link #143
Rainbowman

Quote:
I'll look into it. In the meantime here's a puzzler I have for certain Luffy fans:

If Luffy were to have a female decendent centuries from his time, what would she look like and what powers and/or skills would she have?
Any answers anyone?
Old 2009-01-25, 19:47   Link #144
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Any answers anyone?
...hehehehe! I just had a thought:

Luffy's daughter would have to be a luchadore(masked wrestler) Think about it, it covers just about all of Luffy's pet-fetishes: over-the-top fighting, superhero mask, and a wrestler's body is a suit of armor and even more so when said wrestler is costumed!

I'm thinking that, should she be without the mask, she would be unable to fight simply based on princible.

As to appearance, there was a picture on this forums somewhere with a very effeminent Luffy so I'll go with that as a base.
Also, she has to be tall, like Amazon status. I'm thinking the unconscious use of constant Haki has super-charged her growth.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Old 2009-01-25, 20:52   Link #145
Rainbowman

Quote:
...hehehehe! I just had a thought:

Luffy's daughter would have to be a luchadore(masked wrestler) Think about it, it covers just about all of Luffy's pet-fetishes: over-the-top fighting, superhero mask, and a wrestler's body is a suit of armor and even more so when said wrestler is costumed!

I'm thinking that, should she be without the mask, she would be unable to fight simply based on princible.

As to appearance, there was a picture on this forums somewhere with a very effeminent Luffy so I'll go with that as a base.
Also, she has to be tall, like Amazon status. I'm thinking the unconscious use of constant Haki has super-charged her growth.
Very interesting theory. Though the first part sounds like it would describe the personality of Franky's descendant. And when you mentioned the words "tall" and "Amazon", it would make me think of creating a descendant of the two tallest characters -Brook and Aphelandra- which is not a bad idea mind you but we'll have to see how the original storyline plays out.
You're right about one thing: the picture you were talking about, which I have in an image file, I'll go with it as a base as well. The features I was thinking is that she'll have the looks and abilities of an actual monkey. She will have Nami's hair color and sense of fashion. She will also wear round glasses. She would have Luffy's curiosity and stubborness. Like Luffy, she is able to use Haoushoku Haki. Of course in her case it would have to be called Queen's Disposition. See if this is contradictive:
She would have a Devil Fruit power called the Mune Mune no Mi. Mune is japanese for breasts. I got the term "Mune Mune" from the character from "Magical Shopping Arcade: Abenobashi".
Old 2009-01-31, 06:37   Link #146
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Very interesting theory. Though the first part sounds like it would describe the personality of Franky's descendant. And when you mentioned the words "tall" and "Amazon", it would make me think of creating a descendant of the two tallest characters -Brook and Aphelandra- which is not a bad idea mind you but we'll have to see how the original storyline plays out.
You're right about one thing: the picture you were talking about, which I have in an image file, I'll go with it as a base as well. The features I was thinking is that she'll have the looks and abilities of an actual monkey. She will have Nami's hair color and sense of fashion. She will also wear round glasses. She would have Luffy's curiosity and stubborness. Like Luffy, she is able to use Haoushoku Haki. Of course in her case it would have to be called Queen's Disposition. See if this is contradictive:
She would have a Devil Fruit power called the Mune Mune no Mi. Mune is japanese for breasts. I got the term "Mune Mune" from the character from "Magical Shopping Arcade: Abenobashi".
Lot of people really go for the whole Nami/Sanji thing, but I'm far more into Nami/Luffy. This is part of my reasoning. Sanji wants to find the All Blue, right? The All Blue is a set place on the planet where all the seas meet. Most likely Sanji will want to make a restaurant there. Nami wants to make a map of the whole world. She's going to need to explore and sail the world to do that. What better place then at the side of the king of the pirates?
Also before Nami was getting into the battles she was the person he would have guard his precious hat with. Has he ever trusted anyone else with his Straw Hat? Then when Nami started fighting that string, to hold it around his neck, suddenly appeared.

If you look at the crew. Nami is often the one in charge. Though Luffy makes the ultimate decisions. She is the one who controls the money (no great surprise there), she's the one barking out orders on the ship, and everyone pretty much obeys her commands. At times it's almost like she's co-captain of the crew. Zoro doesn't often flex the first mate status. I think the last time he did was his statement about Usopp returning to the crew.
I have noticed that Luffy seems to have his hardest, most impassioned battles when he's fighting for one of the women he knows. That fight with Arlong was for Nami, the fight with Crocodile was for Vivi, and that battle with Rob Lucci was for Robin. Luffy has had a lot of battles, but in these fights he seemed far more personally angry. Though the fight with God Enel stands out from that. Though before that fight he never even met Enel. It seemed to be what Aisa said to him that really enraged him.

I did notice something more recently. Luffy was seeing Boa Hancock bare breasts and had zero reaction to her body, which by the stories standard is perfect. He's seen Nami's twice, once thanks to Bon Clay, and has , what Oda would call, a healthy reaction.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2009-02-03 at 01:05.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 11:54   Link #147
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I did notice something more recently. Luffy was seeing Boa Hancock bare breasts and had zero reaction to her body, which by the stories standard is perfect. He's seen Nami's twice, once thanks to Bon Clay, and has , what Oda would call, a healthy reaction.

I think it was because his mind was set on food and when he looked behind those curtains he was so disappointed that he didint even think about her body lol. Also she quickly turn her back and showed him thuse destroying all interests.

But what I want is Luffy too master Haki If he could use the haki too its fullest he might reach Admirl level sooner than we expected.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 07:07   Link #148
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think it was because his mind was set on food and when he looked behind those curtains he was so disappointed that he didint even think about her body lol. Also she quickly turn her back and showed him thuse destroying all interests.

But what I want is Luffy too master Haki If he could use the haki too its fullest he might reach Admirl level sooner than we expected.
I buy that Luffy was so disappointed there wasn't food it would distract him from anything else. I just still find it interesting that he reacts to Nami's body quite dramatically. Luffy did notice Bao's breasts. He even asks her why she's naked after mentioning the lack of food.
I always thought it was funny how they, for some reason, slipped Nami into the first episodes of One Piece. When they shouldn't of even met until what became episode 5.

This woman, Elder Nyon, already seemed to imply that Luffy already has Haki.
http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0096562/04.jpg
He's accidentally used it before:
http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0088312/17.jpg
http://img60.onemanga.com/mangas/000...0088312/18.jpg
I guess it's possible he could use it in battle, but I just don't see Luffy ever seriously training. It's just not in his character. Normally, Luffy will see something that inspires him to make a new move. Like with the pinwheel he saw on Genzo's hat. Even the Gumu Gumu no Pistol came from the fact he claimed as a child he had a punch as strong as a pistol.
Luffy just doesn't strike me as the type of person you can sit down and teach something. I think you could do that to anyone else in the crew though.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2009-02-10 at 07:22.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-10, 15:17   Link #149
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Luffy just doesn't strike me as the type of person you can sit down and teach something. I think you could do that to anyone else in the crew though.
You are certainly correct in that sir, I just don't like how you make it sound as if all of Luffy's ideas are "fleeting" so to say. I know this wasn't what you'd set out to state, but I just thought I'd toss in my two-cents...

True, Luffy doesn't sit down to take time to train his techniques, but he does learn. Specifically, he learns through experience. That's probably why a lot of his "derived" techniques are usually tossed aside so quicky: either they just aren't logically sound (the pinwheel technique) or are only good once to begin with (Nightmare Luffy).

Still, Luffy does have his moments where he picks something up that lasts beyond the first use, just look at the Gear system.
Sure, he'll never actively train it but he'll no doubt grow into it with hands on experience.

That's one of One Piece's most redeeming qualities as a shonen title: any form of "training" occurs simultaneous to the action.

Old 2009-03-12, 14:25   Link #150
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Luffy seems to have gotten a real hang for Gear Second as of late, it's appeared at least twice in the last three chapters alone. I'm wondering when these "side-effects" will catch up to him...

Old 2009-03-18, 08:09   Link #151
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He hasn't been using it for long periods of time so he's probably ok
I think Luffy is the "primal instinct" kind of man, immune to the corruption of the rest of the world, trying to live his dream when the pirate age is about to end, and that's what makes him captain...but Sanji and Zoro talk more pirate-like, and definitely know more stuff than Luffy.
About Luffy's power:
Spoiler:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 18:37   Link #152
29pav

luffy needs to develop more gears like 3 more because if you reread the fight between him zoro & sanji vs px 4 they were all exhausted luffy need something more powerful or quicker because kuma can move at the speed of sound
29pav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 10:18   Link #153
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pav View Post
luffy needs to develop more gears like 3 more because if you reread the fight between him zoro & sanji vs px 4 they were all exhausted luffy need something more powerful or quicker because kuma can move at the speed of sound
If Luffy ever gets the hang of his Haki, he'll probably be able to "read" Kuma's moves beforehand. We've already seen a bit of it during his fight with Blueno where he kept up with him even without his Gear Second. And before that we had him catching Kuro's Shakushi in which he moved "so fast even he wasn't aware of what he was cutting."

Of course, given the "rarity" of Luffy's particular brand of spirit, he might just negate Kuma's force abilities altogether...

P.S.- Almost forgot, speed of light my friend.

Last edited by BlackNhite; 2009-04-27 at 10:20. Reason: Superiority Complex...
Old 2009-08-31, 23:06   Link #154
kevinkong

Wink

A video of Luffy's really rare moves in One Piece.
Moves that i didn't even know existed!
Its got a few moves kicking crocodile's butt.

(Moves: Gomu Gomu no... Kazaguruma | Ikebana | Tonkachi | Tate | Ami | Tsuribashi | Bowgun | Hittakuri | Zenmai | Dame Da | Baku Baku | Marunoko)

lol, pretty cool.

kevinkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 07:41   Link #155
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Gomu Gomu no Dame da was one of the funniest things that time.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 14:27   Link #156
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Gomu Gomu no Baka was best ever... (Enel fight)
Prestige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 09:06   Link #157
kevinkong

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Gomu Gomu no Baka was best ever... (Enel fight)
LOL Gomu Gomu no Baka was awesome. There's a lot of other ones, does anyone know what they are?

I know there's, apart from the one in that clip, shotgun, bungee...
kevinkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 10:55   Link #158
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Gomu Gomu no BowGun and Marunoko were my favs out of that video. I never got to see the ones like Dame Da or Marunoko, cause i skipped 95% of the Arabasta arc.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 09:56   Link #159
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Haha I love that one . Of course Usopp might not have appreciated the humour, but it was great.
Old 2009-09-14, 23:37   Link #160
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
True, Luffy doesn't sit down to take time to train his techniques, but he does learn. Specifically, he learns through experience. That's probably why a lot of his "derived" techniques are usually tossed aside so quicky: either they just aren't logically sound (the pinwheel technique) or are only good once to begin with (Nightmare Luffy).

Still, Luffy does have his moments where he picks something up that lasts beyond the first use, just look at the Gear system.
Sure, he'll never actively train it but he'll no doubt grow into it with hands on experience.
Ya, unlike Zoro, who is constantly training himself, we never saw luffy training on screen. He's sort of like Kenpachi from bleach, he is pretty dumb most of the time, unwilling to think. But he adapting ability and analysis in combat and is amazing. He is able to learn how to counter Enel's mantra, use the golden ball as a weapon, able to figure out Croc's weakness to water (until croc pulled a fast one) and learnt how to use soru during his fight with Blueno. This is really what they call battle talent, unlike other action series where we mostly see characters training. In fact, I'll say that he's training is in actual combat as well, since each time, he gets stronger than the last, though most of the time its not noticeable, until when the gears were introduced.

I liked the moves lol, gomu gomu no baka... But my favorite will always be the afro luffy, until Oda can come up with something to top it.

EDIT: I liked this one as well, might as well share it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OvxM1Bfo5g
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote