AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-05-05, 20:24   Link #2021
yeahitschris

is sc2 down for anyone? my friend and i cannot log in nor download the patch. at first it had the patch thing poped up. now it allows us to enter the game, but we got a crap load of pop ups telling us it is down lol

edit; n/m it works now

Last edited by yeahitschris; 2010-05-05 at 21:07.
yeahitschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 01:06   Link #2022
Alaya
Counter Force

If you guys interested in beating noobies (which is me :P) you guys can add veldril.veldril to your friendlist.

Well, the guys who play and beat me is in Platinum league, while I'm a newbie so it's not so surprising he beat be. He scout better, response better, macro better, micro better...

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 03:45   Link #2023
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Starcraft 2 with Touhou clone :

And again the Galaxy editor proof how many amazing things you can make .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 06:21   Link #2024
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

[Independence Day]

I've been sayin' it... Ain't I've been sayin' it huh? I've been sayin' it!

[/Independence Day]

And one of my predictions about Touhoucraft comes true

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 09:08   Link #2025
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
The korean pros are getting like 300-500. It's not like most of their actions have any meaning, though. I think the rationale is just that it keeps you alert and in pace for when you actually need to play fast.
APM for sc2 and sc1 is calculated differently.

Fact: As a zerg player, you will get rushed 9/10 games in some way.

Last edited by Lostdreams; 2010-05-06 at 10:21.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 15:26   Link #2026
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Massive changes!

Quote:
StarCraft II Beta – Patch 11 (version 0.13.0.15250)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

Balance Changes

* TERRAN
o Battlecruiser
+ The build time has been decreased from 110 to 90.
o Fusion Core
+ The build time has been decreased from 80 to 65.
o Hellion
+ The range has been increased from 5 to 6.
o Planetary Fortress
+ The splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.
o Raven
+ Seeker Missile range has been decreased from 9 to 6.
+ Seeker Missile splash radius has been decreased from 2.4 to 2.
+ Seeker Missile upgrade no longer requires Fusion Core.
o Siege Tank
+ Life increased from 150 to 160.
+ Siege Mode splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.
o Thor
+ Ground damage decreased from 45 to 30.
+ Ground rate of fire improved from 1.93 to 1.28.
+ Air damage changed from 8 (+4 Light) to 6 (+6 Light).
+ 250mm Strike Cannons are now an upgrade at the Factory Tech Lab.
+ 250mm Strike Cannons research now costs 150/150 and 110 seconds.
+ 250mm Strike Cannons energy cost increased from 100 to 150.
+ Anti-Air splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.

* PROTOSS
o Archon
+ The splash radius has been increased from 0.8 to 1.
+ Splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.
o Colossus
+ The damage has been decreased from 20 to 15.
+ The rate of fire has been improved from 2.2 to 1.65.
o Phoenix
+ Can now attack while moving.
o Sentry
+ The damage has been decreased from 8 to 6.

* ZERG
o Brood Lord
+ Life has been decreased from 275 to 225.
+ Armor has been decreased from 2 to 1.
o Corruptor
+ Corruptor damage changed from 12 (+10 Massive) to 14 (+6 Massive).
+ Corruptor speed increased from 2.75 to 2.9531
+ Corruption ability redesigned:
# Single target.
# Increases damage taken by 20%.
# Lasts 30 seconds.
# Costs 100 energy.
# Range 6.
# Cannot target structures.
o Infestor
+ Neural Parasite is now an upgrade at the Infestation Pit.
+ Neural Parasite research costs 150/150 and 110 seconds.
+ Neural Parasite can now target Air units.
+ Neural Parasite energy cost increased from 50 to 100.
o Spine Crawler
+ The root time has been increased from 6 to 12.
o Spore Crawler
+ The root time has been increased from 6 to 12.
o Ultralisk
+ Damage has been increased from 18 to 25.

Hotkey Changes

* General
o In order to resolve a conflict with building multiple Forges with the Shift Key we have made the following changes:
+ Changed Center Camera from Shift+F to Ctrl+F.
* Standard
o To prevent the accidental research of Ventral Sacs when trying to train an Overlord with no Larva available, the hotkey has been changed from V to E.
o View Own Health Bars functionality added to the Backslash key
* Standard for Lefties
o Due to a conflict with research Banshee Cloak, research Seeker Missile has been changed from L to K.
o To correct a conflict with the Attack command on Planetary Fortress, train SCV has been changed from K to J.
o In order to prevent the accidental training of Zerglings when using the Select Larva hotkey,train Zergling has been changed from L to J.
o To prevent the accidental training of a Queen, train Ultralisk has been changed from U to T.
o To prevent the accidental research of Pneumatized Carapace when trying to train a corruptor with no Larva available, research Pneumatized Carapace has been changed from P to C.
o View All Status Bars has been changed from Q to the Alt key.
o View own Status Bars functionality has been added to the Q key.
* Grid for Lefties
o Attack Move and all other buttons in the 0,4 position should now function correctly.
o View Own Status Bars functionality added to Q.
o View Enemy Status Bars moved to W.
o View Ally Status Bars moved to E.
* Classic
o Changed build Nydus Canal from P to N.
o Changed Place Nydus Canal ability from P to N.
o Terran Infantry Weapon researches have been changed from E to W.
o Terran Vehicle Weapon researches have been changed from E to W.
o Train Thor hotkey has been changed from O to G.
o Train Viking hotkey has been changed from Y to W.
o View Own Status Bars functionality has been added to the Backslash key.

Icon Position Changes

* To put all race gas extractors in the same icon position, the positions of the Supply Depot/Refinery and Pylon/Assimilator have been swapped.
* In order to make transforming multiple Gateways easier for players using Grid key sets, Transform to Gateway has been moved to a separate icon position (2,1).

Bug Fixes

* Corrected an issue that was causing the Polish language client to crash when receiving the "player is no longer being revealed” message.
* Corrected incorrect battle.net links on multiple language clients pages.
* Corrected an issue where the Zealot was using an US English voice over in the Korean language client.
* Corrected an issue where a player is unable to build any structures that require pylon power when their protoss ally leaves.
* Units can no longer be healed or repaired while in transports.
* Corrected an issue where the Creep Tumor targeting circle was visible to opponents through Fog of War.
* Corrected an issue in which selecting a Starport under construction and a completed Starport would display the select builder command in the Viking slot.
* Corrected the Broodling weapon icon.
Forcefield is still unchanged...
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
ddwkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-06, 21:29   Link #2027
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

They already said they are focusing on changes geared more to collecting data for balancing rather then actually balancing.

But anyway, I like:
  • Battlecruiser Tech, woohoo!
  • Thor, its ground DPS practically unchanged, but the higher firing rate will help a lot.
  • Neural Parasite, Infester being the all purpose solution to small units and big units was a little too much.
  • Raven; somehow I see the smaller range making it more effective

[edit] Blizzard explains the changes in patch 11. (oh wow!)
Old 2010-05-07, 00:01   Link #2028
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

I wasn't expect changes only for balance's sake, but FF needs some change and this would be a good opportunity to twist this ability to something different (but keeping the function) like they are doing with Neural Parasite.
Old 2010-05-07, 01:40   Link #2029
Alaya
Counter Force

Even Blizz admit Protoss is too powerful against Terran T T.

Void Ray, oh how I hate thee.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2010-05-07, 02:04   Link #2030
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddwkc View Post
I wasn't expect changes only for balance's sake, but FF needs some change and this would be a good opportunity to twist this ability to something different (but keeping the function) like they are doing with Neural Parasite.
The sad truth: "We are seeing a lot of Force Fields which we really, really like. We don’t want to see fewer Force Fields" (Blizzard)
Old 2010-05-07, 10:20   Link #2031
ZeroForever

the thor was nerfed, dps being the same it was strong because of it's burst damage (namely it killed hydras/infestors/sentries in one shot now it takes 2, roaches now take 3 instead of 2 which is a HUGE nerf the scale of dps only balances after a large enough number of attacks even then it really doesn't because it the overkill damage doesn't carry over to additional units. The same effect applies to the collusus, they were strong because they melted lings and marines instantly, the faster units die in the short term the more reduced there damage is)

new neural parasite is too strong but it doesn't stop the fast void ray like intended because by the time you tech infestors and neural parasite void rays will have already hit. They do pretty much instantly rape T3 armies ground or air now, and makes it so that all the T2 casters can rape the mothership.
Old 2010-05-07, 22:03   Link #2032
yeahitschris

damn anyone else think BC is too buff? they shoot so fast + yamato cannons? when i played 1v1v1, (terran vs toss vs zerg) i rushed zerg first then killed almost all of terran but he had 10 BC's? and he owned me (i had stalkers and a few void rays) so lame <_<. need another good counter against 'em LOL!

P/S: does anyone know whether or not, we can only make more than 1 Battle-net account when SC2 comes out? like for SC1 / WC3 you were able to make multiple accounts. it would be ridiculous if we could only make one account per cd key (does not want to share accounts with lil bro lol)

Last edited by yeahitschris; 2010-05-07 at 22:14.
yeahitschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 01:57   Link #2033
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Just started playing as toss...my impression?

Doesn't feel revolutionary. Feels like blizz said "why stop what's working"?

Something extremely irritating I found was that you could not Chrono Boost buildings from the building selection tab--that is, you had to explicitly click them in the base. I'm absolutely not sure what gives in that regard.

I'm also highly unimpressed with Protoss's anti-air. Phoenixes are generally mehtastic, void rays are more of a rush-your-main-and-bring-down-your-CC/nexus/hatchery unit so that you'd run in, knock out the mining, run out, gain an economic advantage, rinse, repeat.

Furthermore: why is mothership limited to one? It's nothing more than an obese arbiter. Okay, I get the fact that it might be intimidating to see this huge triangle LOLing at you. But really? Only one? How about if T only got to have one battlecruiser, and if Z only got to have one ultralisk?
Old 2010-05-08, 02:04   Link #2034
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Phoenix can shoot while moving. 3 Phoenix can kill 11 Mutas. Yes Phoenix is too buff. Thank god my Vikings outrange those buggers.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 05:33   Link #2035
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The problem with all this counter thinking is that if you make a unit counter another unit (directly) then you suddenly need to make another counter unit for said unit. This just goes round and round until you have a sort of rock/paper/scissors game.
Old 2010-05-08, 09:47   Link #2036
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

That's basically what Dustin Browder wants with the game.
Old 2010-05-08, 10:40   Link #2037
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For those who haven't seen it yet: The Collector's Edition special Thor model:

Some fins, slightly armored up nose, new arm and rear cannons and some stars. Still wondering how they're gonna implement players being able to switch between this version and the default version of its appearance, if at all...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 10:43   Link #2038
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The problem with all this counter thinking is that if you make a unit counter another unit (directly) then you suddenly need to make another counter unit for said unit. This just goes round and round until you have a sort of rock/paper/scissors game.
Oh you mean like Roach/Marauder/Immortal and the stuff that revolves around them, making especially Terran a giant clusterfuck?

Though I find it hillarious that there's been many comments on the internet and with my friends that every race is OP, every unit is OP (Of course, a lot of it is because they suck and can't win-- I mean that's the only reason I can think of why they nerfed DT rush-- terrible players complaining about something so easily dealt with.) Not that I am particularly good either but you know, I actually consider my incompetence first. Or God forbid, give the opponent credit. Before raging-- unlike someone such as Idra.

Therefore I kinda scoff as it as someone that plays everything). So usually I am not impressed by the whine but...

Then again, when the developers themselves admit they have no idea what the fuck they're doing, you really have to wonder...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2010-05-08 at 10:53.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-08, 11:09   Link #2039
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
For those who haven't seen it yet: The Collector's Edition special Thor model:

Some fins, slightly armored up nose, new arm and rear cannons and some stars. Still wondering how they're gonna implement players being able to switch between this version and the default version of its appearance, if at all...
Maybe it will be like DTs, some produced will be the old version and some will be the scythe version. Maybe Thor will be like this. I hope they make a different version for some units like a female Ghost.
Old 2010-05-08, 11:28   Link #2040
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahitschris View Post
damn anyone else think BC is too buff? they shoot so fast + yamato cannons? when i played 1v1v1, (terran vs toss vs zerg) i rushed zerg first then killed almost all of terran but he had 10 BC's? and he owned me (i had stalkers and a few void rays) so lame <_<. need another good counter against 'em LOL!
Consider the cost, BC is damn expensive that if they can made like 10 of them, then you really did something wrong

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows